Notifications
Clear all

So Frustrated

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 02/26/2014 7:45 pm

It honestly feels like I need to be put on anxiety medication because I cant function thinking about how ugly I must look. I stayed home today because I couldnt bring myself to leave my room.

How bout a short round of antidepressant medication? Although, i could see citalopram be an option for you. That is up to a clinician however.

The only way to know is to see one. You have to make that step.

Talking about it will aid in your stress relief and road to better thinking.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/26/2014 7:51 pm

It's just so hard, you know? I just hate myself so much because I cant stand the way I look and I just make my family miserable and I feel so guilty.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/26/2014 7:56 pm

It's just so hard, you know? I just hate myself so much because I cant stand the way I look and I just make my family miserable and I feel so guilty.

I think you need some perspective on your acne. There's a big gallery here on those who had severe acne, but got a lot better.

I do agree with k3tchup that short-term antidepressants could help. Sometimes patients feel so much better with antidepressant medication that you'd ask "Why didn't I take this before?"

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/26/2014 11:10 pm

I see they all took accutane, and I cant because Ive got Juvenile Diabetes.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/27/2014 5:38 pm

The point wasn't to push Accutane, but to show you a lot of people who had bad acne. It's too bad I can't post the pictures of the medical textbooks I have. :/

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:45 pm

You also need to understand that you are very, very young. Your skin can improve a lot between now and 27.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/27/2014 10:55 pm

That's just it though, I can't wait that long! I don't thin kI can take feeling this way for ten more years, it's only been about five and I already feel like Im going crazy!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 02/28/2014 8:13 am

That's just it though, I can't wait that long! I don't thin kI can take feeling this way for ten more years, it's only been about five and I already feel like Im going crazy!

What can convince you?

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/28/2014 11:33 am

Convince me of what?

MemberMember
(@blissfully-unaware)

Posted : 02/28/2014 12:33 pm

Feel the exact same way as you. I make plans with friends but if my face looks too awful I make some lame excuse to not go. I've hardly seen anybody apart from my parents lately.. and they always say 'you don't have it that bad compared to when i was your age' blahblah. You are not alone in how you feel trust me. Hopefully it will get better soon but it hurts to wake up everyday and see what else has popped up on my face.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/28/2014 2:21 pm

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel! I just don't want to do anything anymore, ya know?

MemberMember
(@blissfully-unaware)

Posted : 02/28/2014 2:50 pm

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel! I just don't want to do anything anymore, ya know?

I know, even when I go out to the shops or something not too big a deal I can't bear to look anybody in the eyes :( it sucks feeling like this. I just wish it would stop

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/28/2014 4:00 pm

Exactly! And I know it will eventually but the waiting is driving me up a wall, so mostly I just draw a lot to distract myself.

MemberMember
(@blissfully-unaware)

Posted : 02/28/2014 4:40 pm

I've started sitting in the dark in my room watching movies and rubbish tv and feeling sorry for myself a lot lol

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/28/2014 5:14 pm

Lol Ive watched sooo much netflix lately! You know, we sound a lot a like!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 02/28/2014 5:55 pm

Convince me of what?

What does it take to convince you that you are a pretty girl?

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/28/2014 6:28 pm

I'm not saying that I don't look okay without bad skin, but I feel that my skin distracts from the fact that Im okay looking otherwise.If I was happier with my skin, I really wouldn't mind the way I look.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 02/28/2014 7:02 pm

I'm not saying that I don't look okay without bad skin, but I feel that my skin distracts from the fact that Im okay looking otherwise.If I was happier with my skin, I really wouldn't mind the way I look.

Does it matter what we say to you?

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/28/2014 8:15 pm

I'm honestly not sure. I'm mostly just venting because I've been very unhappy lately, between my skin and my worsening anxiety and I needed somewhere to talk about it cause my parents really don't get it. I'm pretty sure I need to be medicated, because I don't think it's normal to have this much anxiety about my appearance and Irealize it's not mormal but theres just not very much I can do about it. .

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/01/2014 12:45 pm

I'm honestly not sure. I'm mostly just venting because I've been very unhappy lately, between my skin and my worsening anxiety and I needed somewhere to talk about it cause my parents really don't get it. I'm pretty sure I need to be medicated, because I don't think it's normal to have this much anxiety about my appearance and Irealize it's not mormal but theres just not very much I can do about it. .

You can always go to a doctor with your problems. A doctor is not allowed to talk with your parents about your stuff.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 03/01/2014 11:44 pm

I went to a psychologist for a while, my parents didn't think it was working fast enough and I stopped going. I would've preferred to keep it up.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:46 am

I went to a psychologist for a while, my parents didn't think it was working fast enough and I stopped going. I would've preferred to keep it up.

Ah yes, you did mention that. I think it is best on focussing on getting out of your parents house and getting your own life. There is definitely conflict there and I think that is motivation enough.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 03/02/2014 6:06 pm

Yeah, but Im dirt broke and moving out wont be an option for two more years, once Im done with community college, because it doesnt have dorms and I cant pay for an apartment. Im goign to school for 8 to ten years so I need to save money.

MemberMember
(@glyde)

Posted : 03/03/2014 2:05 am

Honestly, I understand where you're coming from. I personally don't have many friends, so I am very close to the ones I do have. They usually understand when I say I just "don't feel like going out," but also usually expect that means I've got a nasty breakout on my face, which is embarrassing at best. The anxiety of dealing with my acne has driven me to being physically sick on several occasions. Tbh, I'm just done with caring.

My best advice for you would be to just do your best to remind yourself every day that acne is a temporary thing. You're not going to have those same pimples on your face in a month or two. You're going to go through clear spells and then have months where you breakout almost every day. But you still have the same friends and the same people who care about you, as cliche as that sounds.

Trust me, I've been dealing with cystic acne since I was 12, so I know it's difficult. I know it doesn't feel like you could ever look good with acne, even though you think other people can. I know its hard when you feel, like I do, so much pressure to look good and be attractive to a ton of people. But you've recognized you look pretty good without acne; you have to learn to let yourself believe you look good with it, too, because chances are, it's the truth. I know psychological problems are not going to just go away with positive thinking, but I'm not here to push you to get medicated for all your problems, and you're probably not posting here to listen to that either. Meds can be important, but you've gotta have something to work with in the meantime. You deserve to be happy with the way you look.

MemberMember
(@marshyyy)

Posted : 03/03/2014 4:22 am

Hello Girlathome!

I think you're a little crazy. Acne makes us all go crazy, It's just crazy all in all. What I can suggest you to do, is to maybe do some stuff at home to take your mind away from those negative thoughts! What I do, is that I dance in my room to soothing music, read awesome books, or just sit down and meditate. IT IS REALLY PEACEFUL! I am a figure skater too, so I like watching figure skating videos and practicing my jumps/ stretching in my room!

You can try http://www.calm.com/ it helped me when I was my most down with big acne cysts. What this helped me with, was to stop thinking about the pimples, but to just realise that all this will pass. Everything passes. AND! Try not to put anything on your face. Aloe Vera should be fine. But stop harsh chemicals, cos all they do is to make your skin irritated. Even without acne, it will be red and angry!

I tried tea tree oil for the longest time but it didnt seem to work for me, I went for an allergy test, and VIOLA! I am allergic to tea tree oil. LOL! So, maybe try not to put such stimulating oils/creams on your face too. Always choose the simplest and gentlest. Like manuka honey or aloe vera.

OKAY AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, always visualise clear, healthy skin. ALWAYS POSITIVE THOUGHTS, BANISH ALL NEGATIVITY. Give your mum and dad and siblings a hug which lasts no shorter than 20 seconds. They want to see you happy, and they want you back. Do not hide from them, okay? You are their flesh and blood after all.

For negative thoughts and depress feelings. Try getting some badger balms. You could get the Stress Soother, Cheerful Mind Balm, or the Sleep Balm, all of them really help in making you feel peace, calmness, and loved. ^^

If you didn't already know. You are really really BEAUTIFUL! And I'd like to be friends with you as well! :D

Oh oh! Watching Glee, Teen Wolf and TWD really helped when I was cooping up in my room too. ;) Ignoring acne has been one of the best treatments. Just go about doing the things you love, and (though it's really difficult) try to not give a flying f*** about what's on your face. It's been like 2 weeks since I finally got to feel happier again. And of course, I notice my skin healing as well. =) No more big cysts!