Notifications
Clear all

The Anything But Acne/scars Mindset?

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 01/10/2014 11:55 pm

Does anyone else have this mindset? Whenever I meet people in real life or watch a movie or TV show, I always compare myself to the other people. In my distorted mind right now, if you don't have any acne or any acne scars, your life should be perfect. Obviously that is far from the truth but it shows how much acne messes up your mindset. I have some really good qualities about myself that I should be thankful for. I am tall, have an athletic body, a full head of thick hair at 26, have a great job, yet in my head, I am inferior to people with perfect skin. I will see a short, balding guy that is overweight (nothing wrong with any of that but some people may look down on those traits) but if his skin is clear of acne and scars, I will get jealous and wish that I was him despite basically any other flaw.

I logically realize its ridiculous but my feelings are too strong. Can anyone else relate?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/11/2014 2:06 am

Yea...

Thats why I will always look for improvement, because it's out there.

MemberMember
(@looking2thefuture)

Posted : 01/11/2014 12:37 pm

I know what I mean but you have to remeber people with "clear skin" will often be unhappy with certain faults. I for one would rather have acne than be balding or going grey which alot of my friends as that for me is worse than my mild acne.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 01/11/2014 3:09 pm

I know what I mean but you have to remeber people with "clear skin" will often be unhappy with certain faults. I for one would rather have acne than be balding or going grey which alot of my friends as that for me is worse than my mild acne.

You're probably right. The majority of my friends are either completely bald now or receding quickly. When they complain, I am always thinking that they are nuts because they don't have any acne or scarring and balding is normal. Maybe the grass isn't always greener...

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/11/2014 3:44 pm

Yes I know exactly what you mean, I focus on it more than I would like to. Especially in all these HD and BLU-ray movies where you can almost see every single pore on a persons face and it is flawless, and then you sit there like, "man why do I have to have acne scars". I'm in the same position as you, I'm 24, still have a full head of beautiful black hair, I'm in really good shape and have good bone structure but these scars just make me feel like less than I was before I had them 6 months ago. I don't think other people notice them as much as I do, but regardless they are still visible especially in harsh lighting. The ONLY good thing is I have pretty minimal scarring compared to most people that I have seen on here and there is a chance of getting the few that I have raised to an acceptable depth. Ha, Its funny once I got them how every single person I come into contact with how I analyze their face really closely to see if they have any as well. It gets on my nerves and would sure like to go back to my mindset before all this happened, maybe one day...sigh

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/16/2014 10:42 pm

Have you ever met those people who are just gorgeous on the outside but are complete freaks inside? We all know at least one in our circle of friend and family. What we are on the outside does not make who we are inside.

Kevin Aucoin, a popular makeup artist, once said: "No amount of makeup can cover up an ugly heart."