Notifications
Clear all

The Marks Left Behind

MemberMember
(@corimcclelland8)

Posted : 11/12/2013 10:02 pm

Okay so I've struggled with acne for the past 6 ish months, and obviously it sucks. Now the one thing that really sucks about my skin is that EVERY SINGLE pimple I get leaves a noticeable red mark that either takes forever to fade slightly or doesn't go away. Now I'll add that I do not pop pick or scratch ANY of my pimples. It's just frustrating that when I'm done with a bad breakout I pretty much have it forever. Anybody have the same issue or know any ways to help? Thank you

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/13/2013 12:02 am

Same. I had inflammatory acne so virtually every pimple has left some kind of red or brown mark. It sucks because it makes it seem like you have more acne than you actually do. One important thing is to stay out of the sun/wear sunscreen. Sun exposure will make the marks darker and they'll take much longer to fade. There's lots of various home remedies that promise to help fade them, but they've never worked for me. I started using Retin a once a day and it basically sloughs off your skin faster so that the marks fade faster. Be forewarned though: It does carry an initial breakout with it. If it really bothers you, you could try a microdermabrasion. It might seem like a pricey alternative but I've heard that after three treatments the marks are gone. It's something I'm thinking of trying. Good luck with whatever you choose!

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/13/2013 1:12 am

There are several products that help increase skin shedding and replacment that helps lightening these red marks. These are products like BHA, AHA, retinoids, differin cream. You can also try the infamous vitamin E oil- many conflicting reports on this one.