Notifications
Clear all

Sports With Acne

MemberMember
(@corimcclelland8)

Posted : 11/09/2013 12:29 pm

So I start basketball in a couple of weeks and I'm freaking out. I've suffered pretty severe acne for the past 6 months and struggle even more with marks left over by old acne. I do not touch these pimples and they leave marks. Frustrating. I always wear makeup to conceal the acne but now that basketball practices are starting, I'm scared. I can't face the whole team with a face full of acne marks, but I don't want to make it worse by caking on makeup while I sweat. I feel so annoyed and frustrated that everyone on the team has perfect skin and I'm the pimple covered monster. I need some advice please. Btw I'm a 17 year old girl. Currently taking doryx antibiotic and tazorac cream

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 11/10/2013 11:51 am

First, I would look into some makeup that can handle a bit of sweat, if it really bothers you. It can put you at a little ease.

Second, sports are amazing! It's a place where your looks don't matter, your skill does. You can earn respect from these girls. Who cares if they have clear skin? If you have discipline, talent and skill, that's what matters. Check your problems at the door and focus on your craft. Learning how to separate your femininity from your sport will develop robust confidence, because no one can take your skill away from you. You'll be left standing while all the other girls preen their hair.

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/18/2013 11:26 pm

Don't let that hold you back in your sports.

I've had acne for 8 years, and when I played Volleyball--I didn't let it bother me--everyone had clear skin except me as well.

I just kicked ass and was the best player on the team. Everyone knew me as the best setter, not the one with blemishes.

Own it,because more often then not, they don't notice it and if they do, they won't care (and won't call you out on it anyways)!

Just keep your chin up, I know it sucks, I'm no where NEAR clear skin, but I just know that no matter what, the skills you have can carry you anywhere!

Also, sweat doesn't break you out, so don't worry about rushing home to wash it off. nod.gif