Notifications
Clear all

Acne Started At 14, Continues At 32!

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 11/08/2013 10:40 pm

So I am 32, had acne and oily skin, blackheads blah blah blah, since I was 14....long time right...

Tried every lotion potion, cream, pill, tablet, that you can think of...been to 3 derms who were useless....

Its ruined my life, my confidence, my self esteem, can anyone here relate?? Ive tried the detox, eating healthy, going natural with cleansers etc and stilllll zits and whiteheads....

How does everyone else here cope?

Its ruining me.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 11/09/2013 2:03 pm

Have you ever had a full set of tests/acne specific tests?

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 11/09/2013 8:13 pm

No but I was thinking of getting a peel done, to see if that works... Its a big mess today, just ruins my confidence. My life sucks atm because of it.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 11/09/2013 9:34 pm

:|

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2013 4:23 am

I had acne since 13 and now I'm 34. I was acne free after roccutane but now I'm starting to get painful cysts along my jaw line :(

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 11/10/2013 4:11 pm

I am tempted to ask a gp for Roaccutane but the last 3 derms I saw wouldnt put me on it.

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 11/11/2013 8:10 am

I can relate as Im 38 and been dealing with it, or trying to, for 25 years or so. Sux. Im in no position to give advice because Im here, just like you, and I feel just like you.

How do I cope? Wish I could say. Some days Im amazed Ive made it this long. Others, I could give a f*ck. Positive thinking and keeping your mind off your troubles and stopping feeling sorry for yourself are the only ways to get yourself out a spiraling depressive state. Easier said than done. Maybe you should see someone professionally, psychologist/Psychiatrist. I do but that doesnt help me either. But thats not to say you wouldnt get some benefit out of it.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:40 am

Its hard isnt it, you think its like a disease for teens, and you hear teens with it being told oh youll grow out of it, but sadly some of us dont grow out of it..... it can really stuff up your life, I guess I have aloud it to rule me but still it sucks and is hard to deal with.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:14 pm

Depending on how bad it is, I would go to a private derm.

I have had acne for 7 years. 1 year mild-moderate then extremely severe for 4, now the past 2 years its been severe-moderate. i really didnt want to do Accutane, but after I realized its not going away, I decided to go for it..

I stopped all treatments for 1 month and went to a derm. They put me on Accutane. I'm 5 weeks in and its doing wonders. My skin looks much, much better but still really damaged (I don't got a lot of scars, but rather large pores all over). My only side effects are extremely dry eyes, which I already had, but Accutane made it a lot worse. I'm gonna manage that though.. If the acne returns I'm going on holidays (2 weeks) every 3. months to keep my acne at check, as this has worked before (in the sun all day and in and out of chlorinated water). 6 months after Accutane, I will be looking at laser treatments.

Anyway, I'm just saying there is still much hope. :)

MemberMember
(@trentah)

Posted : 11/22/2013 2:26 am

I really dont want to go on that, I went to three derms and they wouldnt put me on it.

I amgoing to get a Jungle Brew peel done in the next month and hope that helps me...

Good luck with your journey.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 07/30/2014 11:50 pm

I fully understand you I had acne since 13 now I'm 30 thinking of going on accutane but I don't know anymore

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 07/31/2014 3:13 am

Can relate completely. It's worst than ever with growing wrinkles. I see other people living their lives, and I'm stuck, deformed and insecure like I'm in high school.