Notifications
Clear all

What Does Your Bf/gf Think Of Your Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:28 pm

I haven't been posting much lately because I've been focusing on school and my face just doesn't look that bad right now. And since I look decent, I've been trying to get a social life again, which includes getting a girlfriend. But lately I've been wondering what people with "normal" skin think of your oily skin. Does it bother your boyfriend or girlfriend? Do they touch your face? Do they even notice it? Do they want you to try to get rid of it?

And of course it depends on the severity of the oily skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:37 pm

The girls I've dated were okay with it; I mean they didn't find it attractive LOL but were able to deal with it until I showered or washed my face.

But then again some people won't get it, and therefore won't want any part of it. You just have to find someone that doesn't mind a little oily skin.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:49 pm

Ive always had slightly oily skin and the girls Ive dated didnt mind. But within the last 2 years my skin is ridiculously oily and it drives me crazy so I know what you mean. I think the above post says it best. All depends on the girl but Im guessing most wont care as long as you maintain it.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/13/2013 11:49 pm

I've moved this topic to the emotional and physologlogical effects of acne since the topic is more about you noting how people feel or think rather than actually oily skin treatment inquiries.

*Acne.org Moderator Team*

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:48 am

Girls don't want to see that shit on your face, they want a man. Apparently acne makes you less of a man from what Ive been told.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:06 am

i am a girl and i dnt think i will mind oily skin in men.provided he maintains it well.

loads of oil on his face is not good for him and i'd be concerned about that aspect.not how i;d feel.

(i anyway dnt get attracted to men with 'just' good looks!!)

so i am not sure but i think its the same with 'almost' all the girls.

as for men,i would like to think they dnt fuss about these things as well.

i know some men who do - the kind who doesnt go for anyone apart from great looking barbie dolls(oh yes i know such men! :/ )

but otherwise there are men who are understanding and emotionally mature.

Girls don't want to see that shit on your face, they want a man. Apparently acne makes you less of a man from what Ive been told.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:19 am

Idiot.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 3:56 am

I truly don't understand the question. My boyfriend has very oily skin but how does that effect me? He's gorgeous in my eyes... I couldn't ever imagine thinking "eeehhh you've got oily skin, there is no way I could like/touch you".

Oily skin? Now we have to worry about oily skin effecting how people perceive us? Holy shit, there's another one to add to the list ;)

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 08/14/2013 4:45 am

My OP may have sounded insecure, but I was mostly just wondering if oily skin is a turn off for other people, not if I should be worried about how I look. However I admit I have some confidence issues, and I'm working on being more self confident.

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 08/14/2013 6:19 am

me and my boyfriend both have oily skin and i don't think it has ever come up in a conversation...however since he doesn't have acne and only washes his face in the shower every couple of days, sometimes his face looks a bit greasy (he prefers 'glowing' lol) and i tell him to go wash! that's a hygiene thing more than a superficial thing though, it's never been a turn off personally...just remember that oily skin tends to be quite soft (one of few benefits!) so i do touch my boyfriend's face a bit :)

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 08/14/2013 10:15 am

I have extremely oily, sloppy skin. My wife has never really said she minded, but it affects me to no end. She sometimes notifies me when I look "shiny" (her words); to me, I always feel shiny and gross. She gets her own shone, but just powders up w/ her compact and she's good to go. I hate oily skin as much as acne itself.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/15/2013 2:57 pm

My boyfriend has moderate acne, oily skin, and lots of HP. I have mild/mild-moderate acne, combination skin, and lots of dark marks/scars. The only thing he ever comments on my appearance is how beautiful he thinks I am. The only thing I say to him about his appearance is how handsome and adorable i think he is. We love each other... Even though others may see it, I barely notice his acne/oily skin. When I look at him, I'm looking into his eyes not at his skin. I love him and he loves me, therefore our skin conditions are irrelevant to each other. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know. I do believe that good relationships shouldn't be based on appearance. Beauty within is what truly matters.

MemberMember
(@jemlopez810)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:57 pm

When I first started dating my bf three years ago I had acne free skin, I felt beautiful. Now I've developed stubborn hormonal acne, nothing is working, I feel so disgusting around him Im super paranoid that he doesn't think I'm beautiful anymore or doesn't want to kiss me. he used to kiss me on the cheek or touch my face, I refuse to let him because I'm embarrassed. He tells me I'm beautiful anyway. Guess the moral of the story is that if someone loves you they'll see past your acne and help you with your fight for clear skin.

MemberMember
(@pretty-me)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:56 pm

well me and my hubby we both have oily skin so we always make fun of our faces in a good way :)

MemberMember
(@thesilentforce)

Posted : 10/01/2013 10:47 pm

I don't currently have a boyfriend, but I'll post here anyway. I have oily skin, and although it bothers me a little, it doesn't bother me as much as my acne. I had a few "My face is oilier than I thought" moments, but most of the time, it doesn't bother me. I get most of my acne on oilier parts of my body (i.e: My face and upper back) so oily skin probably has a correlation to acne. However, my dad's skin gets oily easily too and he's never had acne problems. I guess oily skin isn't the only factor.

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 10/02/2013 1:06 pm

I believe he is blind or crazy to be with me. he believes the same for me being with him and we are fine wub.png

And he understands my need for clear skin, he accepts the things i have to do for it (avoid certain foods or take medications) unlike my parents who constantly comment my acne but then make everything in their power to force me to eat things that break me out and of course don't want to hear about medications. When i mention spironolactone "your skin is fine".. when i avoid foods "go see a dermatologist". It's them that i can't stand.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 10/03/2013 1:51 am

Very true. From what Ive been told it makes you look "creepy".

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/03/2013 3:54 am

Very true. From what Ive been told it makes you look "creepy".

Well let's be honest, acne isn't really flattering for anyone, men or women, but I don't think it takes away from your 'manliness'. Also to say that it makes you less of a man seems to imply that it's more feminine to have acne which makes no sense to me.

OP: As a girl, it's easier (and socially acceptable) to hide my oily skin with matte finishing powders, anti-shine sprays, oil control primers, etc. Not to say that guys can't wear that stuff, but I think a lot of women would find it "weird" (people are weird). In any case, my boyfriend is fully aware of all my skin problems/medications/extents I go to to try and achieve clear skin. I don't like talking about it because it makes me feel uncomfortable, so he never brings it up. Like any other good boyfriend, all he tells me is that I'm beautiful with or without makeup, and that he never puts the way I look above the person I am - so I think I'm really lucky in that sense. He has really nice skin (that I am incredibly jealous of), but if ever things suddenly changed, if he got oilier skin, I wouldn't care. I used to think people who said they're attracted to personality more than appearances were liars...but I've since learned that when you really, really like someone, you don't even notice those sorts of things.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 10/03/2013 12:00 pm

I notice that so many of the girls on here have boyfriends whereas most of the guys are single.

Not that I'm interested in a girlfriend. I just find the discrepancy a bit startling.

(unless I could somehow attract a sugar momma situation which is literally like finding a needle in a haystack. Plus you usually need to look sexually dimorphic and muscular to attract older women)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/03/2013 6:26 pm

sexually dimorphic

i can't even

LOL

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/03/2013 9:33 pm

I notice that so many of the girls on here have boyfriends whereas most of the guys are single.

Not that I'm interested in a girlfriend. I just find the discrepancy a bit startling.

Yes, there are fewer women than men.

Economics 101- supply and demand; their odds are better of finding a romantic partner.

It's pretty simple bud.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 10/06/2013 9:59 am

She didn't care when my skin was an oil slick pre-Accutane. Nor did she care even when my face was like sandpaper and flaking off from BP. Nor does she care about acne. It amazes me but people are wired differently.