Notifications
Clear all

Should I Feel Bad About This?

MemberMember
(@stelth91)

Posted : 08/06/2013 11:04 pm

Hi, this is pretty much my first real post.

Anyways, I wanted to share my thoughts on this kid at school who has it pretty bad. Cystic acne/nodules cover his face and I find it hard to look him in the eye. What I am seeking advice on however, is weather to feel bad for him or not. This kid was really mean to me in middle school and pretty much a jerk to everyone except his groupie friends. Did he have this coming to him? He is really quite shy nowadays and I just don't know.

Any input would be generous! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/06/2013 11:09 pm

Despite what this person has done to you, pity is the last thing he needs. No one deserves acne, even if they are jerks. There is no need for you to feel pity or feel sorry for someone else's acne as it doesn't affect you. Don't offer advice or try to rationalize that this is karma. Go out and live YOUR life and don't mind the business of others. If you genuinely want to help this person, be genuine and strike up a converation. He may need a friend and if you can be that, go ahead.

MemberMember
(@abstractfactory)

Posted : 08/06/2013 11:10 pm

Why would you need advice about this?

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/06/2013 11:38 pm

No offense but this is a ridiculous post. You judged a kid because of his skin and now you feel guilty so you're asking a bunch of people on the internet in hopes that you hear that you have nothing to feel bad about, ridding yourself of the guilt you feel.

EDIT

What I'm getting at is that no one can tell you how you should feel.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:03 pm

I don't think this topic is stupid. But, it's true that no one can really tell you how to react in reference to this kid. He was mean to you... now he has acne. I'm do not think that the two are correlated, but Karma can be a SOB. I also believe that even if he was an absolute jerk to you, that you should have compassion. Acne is not something that I would wish on my worst enemy, so I would hope you would think the same. Just don't interact with him and that solves the problem 100%.

MemberMember
(@stelth91)

Posted : 08/30/2013 6:36 pm

After careful consideration of all of your posts, I've decided to just stay away and make no contact with the person. I realize that this post may have been controversial so I thank you all for your honest opinions. Cheers!