Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Actually Care?

MemberMember
(@0041)

Posted : 08/01/2013 3:57 pm

Let me just say its not what you think. I was wondering where to put this thread didn't want to put it in the medication section because people look there for cures and I don't want to be a pessimistic there so I thought this is a place as good as any.

So you think someone actually cares and is trying to find a cure for acne. I mean something that 100% stops new zits from forming. Like all of you I've tried all the shit that is out there with only temporary effect.

I really don't think it will be that hard, I mean we send robots to mars, grow human ears, and grow organs on mice and we can't stop acne? I think there is too much business in selling treatments rather than a cure I am sure many of us would give an arm and a leg to get cleared (some maybe even literally) so its not hard to get people to buy an "acne product" you don't even have to prove it works, just say it has this special plant or root that makes the skin soft and beautiful and you can guarantee many people will try it.

TL;DR Is anyone trying to find a permanent solution to acne or are companies just cashing on us?

MemberMember
(@scarface33)

Posted : 08/01/2013 6:38 pm

looks like we need to help ourselves, the only advice i can give is dont pick at those pimples and be happy, im sorry i couldnt be more informative , ive been battling this for 10 years and ive been left with little to no hope but i still hope

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/03/2013 11:27 am

Its tuff I know how you feel. Its only normal to want to have beautiful clear skin and be healthy.

Use this regimen 2 pumps of bp and 2 pumps of cetaphil moisturizer mixed with 30 drops of jojoba oil. Use CVS oilpads to wipe away shine. Your breakouts will stop immediately and within 2 weeks all existing pimples will be gone.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 08/04/2013 3:11 am

Yeah i wonder this sometimes too & my conclusion is the same. i'v read post's on here that are a decade old & it's pretty much the same bull sh*t. the treatment option are nearly identical it's f***ing ridiculous. All these years & you think that someone somewhere would have made a breakthrough already. honestly im pretty sure we are being sent on a wild chase. i'm sure acne products are the main cash cow for these bastards & the last thing they'd want to do is kill it.

If a cure the show up it won't come until they've sucked us dry, because that's how business works the only thing that matter is profit & the bottom line. Make no mistake these people are ruthless & could care less how much acn has f'ed up your life, all they care about & want is your money

MemberMember
(@pretty-me)

Posted : 08/20/2013 10:20 pm

well I think skin surgries will help it helped some people I know.You just need a lot of money for that.But for poor people like I just need to accept it and live with it.And hoping someday I can afford some treatment.And I do believe in some products because I'm acne free just using my cleanser and cream.I just have a acne scars..And that I can't remove.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/21/2013 1:41 am

I'm wondering that myself. Maybe it's a conspiracy orchestrated by pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies to make more money out of desperate souls. I'm sure they'll find the cure to cancer before they find the cure to acne. You know why? Because if people are kept alive longer, they are spending money longer.

Seriously, I'm praying for a no sideffects acne cure, I'm sure it's not that hard given everything else that has been accomplished in this world.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/21/2013 1:50 am

I think most people / doctors / researchers etc would think accutane is already the cure or it works well enough so they're not fussing with finding something new that works better or with less side effects and are focusing on other health issues that are more directly life-threatening.

There is a treatment that I've heard of in Australia called SGA (sebaceous gland ablation) where, as the name suggests, they destroy sebaceous glands selectively and so you effectively can get acne from that spot anymore. I think it's a fairly new treatment. There isn't really any studies done on it yet that I've found and I bet it's expensive and time consuming but I guess it's promising that there are actually some people going further or creating more options for acne treatment.

MemberMember
(@maskedone)

Posted : 08/21/2013 7:02 am

Yes, they are looking for a cure. As recent as a month ago, I've seen studies where researchers have been able to isolate the bacteria that causes acne. They've been been able to study certain people who have this bacteria vs. those who don't and figure out what's different (you know the people: the ones who can eat anything, do anything, and seem to NEVER get a breakout vs. those that can do everything possible and seem cursed with acne). As with any bacteria, once it is identified, you test it against medications to see which one is most effective. The big breakthrough, if I'm remembering correctly, was identifying it in certain people...

Forgive me. I may have botched some of this because I'm trying to recall the studies from memory, but the takeaway is YES, they are trying to find a cure. Don't lose hope. I know it's difficult and seems like a never-ending nightmare. It sucks.

Edited to add: Found the article(s)! See links below. The HuffPost article for layman's terms along with the actual study from The Journal of Investigative Dermatology. (Because I realize "HuffPost" isn't exactly the paragon of serious news tongue.png)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23337890

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/acne-bacteria-strain-healthy-skin_n_2782977.html

Edited to add (part 2): Reading the posts, I completely understand the idea of pharmaceutical companies wanting patients with acne to spend their money on treatments that may or may not work. But the other side of that coin is this: whichever company finds a cure first will make BOATLOADS of money because I'm betting anyone who wants to be rid of this forever, will do whatever they can to get it (myself included).