Notifications
Clear all

I Feel Dirty

MemberMember
(@patriticia)

Posted : 07/30/2013 2:30 pm

i hear and see allot people will judge some one becuase of there acne.

as allot of them think becuase it we dont wash or dirty person that big lie so i feel getting girlfriend and college will be high depression and harshly avoid or be the kid who no one want to talk becuase acne and scars so people will be judment freack loser

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/30/2013 3:14 pm

Unfortunately people can be quite judgmental about other people's appearances, including (but not exclusively) when people have acne. Most of the time I think comes from ignorance and a lack of understanding rather than malicious intent. A small number of people might think acne is caused by people not washing properly but anyone who has ever had acne knows that that is simply not true.

As far as being avoided at college is concerned, I don't think that will happen to you at all. People who judge whether to talk to you based on the condition of your skin are not people you should want to associate with anyway. The vast majority of civilised human beings decide on their friends based on personality and shared interests, not on their appearance. As long as you are confident and put yourself out there rather than letting your acne and scars make you hide away from people you will definitely make some good long-term friends. :)