Notifications
Clear all

Acne Is Winning...

MemberMember
(@princezzkellz)

Posted : 07/12/2013 10:47 pm

Hello there, I recently came across this forum. I joined because I finally feel like I belong somewhere, people that feel and know whats its like to be in my position. I've been fighting with acne for 9 painful years of my life, and I guess I'm not winning. I've tried everything..From countless dermatologist, over the counter medication, home remedies, prescribed medication(including the famous accutane) and nothing just nothing! I'm always depressed, people always make fun of me..I hate looking at my face because its so bad. What do you do when you feel like acne actually won. Its really hard for me, I mean what does it feel like to have normal skin? What is it like to feel normal and not like at outcast. Its so painful to have severe acne. I wish I could be positive and have my self esteem back because I can't, I've even tried getting that back which I've failed. I also have deep pitted acne scars which even proves to me that I'm such a failure. Why do i have to go through life feeling like I'll never be good enough because of my obvious flaw? Why must everyone around me have perfect skin except me? I'm so done with this I've tried everything! What do you do when there is no hope left again...please help me..

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 07/13/2013 2:19 am

I really really wish I could help. But all I can say is that you are not alone. It's hard to keep up hope but that's what you've got to do. Just keep hoping. And trying.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/13/2013 3:08 am

Well i'm not a man of faith, so i don't hope for anything. i want it & maybe wish but never hope because you trick yourself into thinking it might actually happen. it sounds like you've tried almost everything, how much money have you spent? (sounds like hundreds maybe a few grand). i would love having those funds to try out treatments, if your able to spend that much why not try stronger treatment like lazer's or peels. those may give you some result's

As to the why you got acne, well same reason as me & everyone else... you just got a bad hand delt to you. most likely due to your genetics. have you asked your parents if acne runs in your family? it does on my moms side & same on my dads too so for my it's like i got it twice as bad. So what i do when acne gets to me? well I do the same thing that everyone else does with there problems simply "escape reality" if you know what i mean, if not msg me & i'll tell you. i can't go into details about it because of the board rules. honestly if it wasn't for this one particular thing i probably wouldn't have made it this far.

so who makes fun of you & what do they say? how bad are you being teased & when did your acne start?

MemberMember
(@mahweeoh)

Posted : 07/13/2013 11:18 pm

Ask your doctor to test you for various things. Non classic adrenal hyperplasia can cause severe acne that's resistant to Accutane. http://www.ijpeonline.com/content/2010/1/625105 The cure is usually low doses of dexamethasone or whatever steroids mimic the adrenal pulse that help gradually reduce symptoms over time. It may be worth looking into. Something stands out in the article to me: "Severe cystic acne refractory to oral antibiotics and retinoic acid has been attributed to NCAH." Interesting. Please don't give up. I haven't. I'm still getting myself tested the best I can.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/15/2013 10:49 pm

Don't give up, as everyone else already told you. Maybe the people around you have flawless skin, but most people on acne.org are struggling with physical and psychological issues similar to yours. Acne is your body's way of saying that something is wrong, so you need to try and find the cause of it not just try to cure the external symptoms. Some diseases can't be fully diagnosed unless you pay attention to all your symptoms, not just the acne. As mahweeoh mentioned, adrenal hyperplasia could be one possibility, others could be: adrenal fatigue, hashimoto's, leaky gut...it depends on your symptoms. And since you haven't responded to any drugs, how about going the holistic route and visiting a naturopath? I did that after I exhausted most of the typical options, and it opened my eyes to a lot of other possibilities to dealing with acne. Don't think you have no choice. Maybe you have exhausted all traditional treatments, but you can still have hope because there are plenty of alternative remedies to try. I think if you pay attention to your other symptoms and get some tests done, that could set you on the right path. If doctors can't find anything, then go see a naturopath - you might be surprised with what they tell you. Acupuncture can also help a lot. It was thanks to acupuncture that I found out I was anemic. Doctors kept telling me I wasn't anemic, and then I finally got tested and they were surprised to discover that I do have it, so the acupuncturist was right all along.

Anyway, good luck and please don't give up! When you are old and someone asks you "what have you done in life" you don't want to say "nothing." You have to learn to enjoy life and ignore all the haters.

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 09/16/2013 2:29 am

Pray, medications and creams are limited. Jesus is limitless

KSG1996 liked
MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 09/16/2013 3:36 am

Acne is multi fauceted and has absolutley nothing to do with what you put on your skin. You seem to be stuck in a cycle where stress plays a major part of your problem. On a scale of 1-10 how stressed are you over this? How often are you thinking about it? How long have you felt this way? High levels of stress can manipulate / alter they way your horomones are produced / eliminated. Particularily cortisol, but all of them to a degree, some more than others. You also can't heal while under high levels of chronic stress. It's almost impossible, your body is too busy trying to control the rush of horomes which alter how everything inside of you functions, your body does not like this, and is more important to your survival than surface wounds.

I think the absolute best idea for you at this point, is to stop trying so hard, you need to just wash your face with regular simple plain ass cleanser, I'd recommend spectro jel, but find one that suits you, and wash on an as needed basis. Dont worry about sweat causing acne..it doesnt.

But yeah, number one goal for you is now to try and be happy, this is hard, but it's a must. Don't stress over anything, all problems in life have a solution, if you have a problem that you CAN control, control how you see fit, get that shit done and dont think twice. If you can't control it, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. Your acne included, you are not going to belive this, but ill almost gaurantee a fair portion of your acne problem is caused mentally, sounds dumb, I know, but probably true.

Try and eat healthy. without stressing over what you eat. Go ahead and eat some cookies or what have you, unless you can guarantee for sure 100% they cause problems. Just dont over indulge and make a concious effort to try and eat good. Eat when you are hungry, and nutritious foods most of the time. Again not ALL the time, don't stress over what you eat, just make an effort.

Start using that cash to go and ENJOY stuff. Tommorow you are going to wake up, do what you do, and when you see yourself in the mirror, you are going to tell yourself "this is my skin" and get use to it. Accept it, move on. Get done what needs to get done, and enjoy the fact that you have 2 good legs / arms and a solid heart beat. If you can achieve this, truly achieve this, and reduce stress in other areas wherever possible, the most efficient way for you, I'll cut off my left index finger if you dont start seeing slow, but constant improvment in your skin. This will take A LONG time, so best get started today.

Be healthy, Be Happy.

Monitor for reactions to foods you eat (flushing, upset stomach, bloating, anything really out of the normal, verify its that food causing it and avoid that food, other than that, eat whatever you want, just try and make the majority of eat nutritionist type foods) IF you dont seem to react in any weird way to any foods, your golden.

Now, I COMMAND YOU NEVER TO RETURN TO THIS SITE EVER, in your case I feel it's conter productive for yourself. (unless of course you just need someone to talk to 😉

P.S. ACNE will no longer dictate your emotions or stress level. What you acheive throughout the day and what you do for pleasure / leisure will.

You will no longer Monitor your skin, you will use the mirror for what you need to use it for, and you will not be self judgmental while you are using it.

Oh and obviously the majority of what you drink should be water. We were not designed to get our nutrients from drinks. Again drink whatever you want, a coffee in the morning, a glass can of pop here or there. But mostly water. Clean water. Preferably chlorine and flouride free. But even if not, water still better than anything else.

Oh, almost forgot to mention the single most important thing.. don't EVER agree to take antibiotics for acne EVER.

This has too high of a chance to alter / damage your digestion, which will cause acne in it's own. (stress also affects the gut, and it's my belief that 90% of acne is gut related. That why when your stressed you feel sick to your stomach, literally. Brain - Gut are very connected.

KSG1996 liked