Notifications
Clear all

Make Out = Break Out

MemberMember
(@reapt)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:29 pm

I'm cursed. Forever to live alone. I used to have acne when i was younger. Its cleared up now that I'm 23. My only problem is that every time i make out with a girl I breakout. 100% guarantee massive breakout. Around my mouth and chin. No its not herpes. Its zits. IDK why. I cant explain it. But its put me in a position in my life where i feel like i'm gonna forever be alone because of the fear of kissing. when i was younger and would break out I had a girl friend for 2 years not a single make out session broke me out. But once we split up every time time since then(about 5 years) i make out with a girl. I breakout. Its just killing me mentally. It makes me want to give up trying to find love. It takes like 3 weeks to clear up after every makeout session. Its terrible. All my one night stands all my dates where i've made out i go in with clear skin, and come out with acne 5 days later. :(

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:37 pm

I'm cursed. Forever to live alone. I used to have acne when i was younger. Its cleared up now that I'm 23. My only problem is that every time i make out with a girl I breakout. 100% guarantee massive breakout. Around my mouth and chin. No its not herpes. Its zits. IDK why. I cant explain it. But its put me in a position in my life where i feel like i'm gonna forever be alone because of the fear of kissing. when i was younger and would break out I had a girl friend for 2 years not a single make out session broke me out. But once we split up every time time since then(about 5 years) i make out with a girl. I breakout. Its just killing me mentally. It makes me want to give up trying to find love. It takes like 3 weeks to clear up after every makeout session. Its terrible. All my one night stands all my dates where i've made out i go in with clear skin, and come out with acne 5 days later. sad.png

Refer to the masturbation experiment page.Do you ejaculate/orgasm while making out?There are theories claiming that orgasms spike the levels of testosterone which aggravates acne in SOME people(the acne afflicted people).

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:38 pm

That's so weird...I wonder what it could be? Do you have a skincare regimen? Also, this might sound strange, but do you have a good dental hygiene regimen as well?

The area around your mouth could also just be very sensitive. Maybe after you kiss someone there's a preventative you could use so you don't break out? Have you tried anything like that? Do you notice your skin is irritated afterwards?

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:42 pm

Ridiculous about the testosterone comment. Just no.

Perhaps you're allergic to the lipstick they wear? Do you wash your face after you finish? Or perhaps the friction is irritating to your skin, you could

try putting aloe on to calm it down afterwards.

MemberMember
(@reapt)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:48 pm

I'm cursed. Forever to live alone. I used to have acne when i was younger. Its cleared up now that I'm 23. My only problem is that every time i make out with a girl I breakout. 100% guarantee massive breakout. Around my mouth and chin. No its not herpes. Its zits. IDK why. I cant explain it. But its put me in a position in my life where i feel like i'm gonna forever be alone because of the fear of kissing. when i was younger and would break out I had a girl friend for 2 years not a single make out session broke me out. But once we split up every time time since then(about 5 years) i make out with a girl. I breakout. Its just killing me mentally. It makes me want to give up trying to find love. It takes like 3 weeks to clear up after every makeout session. Its terrible. All my one night stands all my dates where i've made out i go in with clear skin, and come out with acne 5 days later. sad.png

Refer to the masturbation experiment page.Do you ejaculate/orgasm while making out?There are theories claiming that orgasms spike the levels of testosterone which aggravates acne in SOME people(the acne afflicted people).

I don't think its Testosterone because I'm an amateur bodybuilder. I have lots of Testosterone in me. And if anything its made my skin better.

That's so weird...I wonder what it could be? Do you have a skincare regimen? Also, this might sound strange, but do you have a good dental hygiene regimen as well?

The area around your mouth could also just be very sensitive. Maybe after you kiss someone there's a preventative you could use so you don't break out? Have you tried anything like that? Do you notice your skin is irritated afterwards?

I have. I've tried Alcohol swabs after(nope), Moisturizer(nope), Facewash(nope). Nothing seems to prevent it. Its inevitable. :'(

Perhaps you're allergic to the lipstick they wear? Do you wash your face after you finish? Or perhaps the friction is irritating to your skin, you could

I do wash my face afterwards. Still doesn't help. I figured myself it would be the friction. But i mean i can't prevent that in a makeout session. :/

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:52 pm

Again you could use aloe, something to calm the irritated skin. Alcohol is the last thing you want to put on your skin, extremely irritating.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/01/2013 1:56 pm

Again you could use aloe, something to calm the irritated skin. Alcohol is the last thing you want to put on your skin, extremely irritating.

I agree, the aloe or some kind of aloe-based moisturizer might be better. Maybe even taking some kind of anti-inflammatory?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/01/2013 2:06 pm

Buddy our body is not an apple pie made of flour ,sugar and eggs.It's more to it than meets the eye.Alright? And there's a whole page on this forum where people every day discuss about how masturbation /orgasms affect their breakouts.

I don't think its Testosterone because I'm an amateur bodybuilder. I have lots of Testosterone in me. And if anything its made my skin better.

>That's so weird...I wonder what it could be? Do you have a skincare regimen? Also, this might sound strange, but do you have a good dental hygiene regimen as well?

I have. I've tried Alcohol swabs after(nope), Moisturizer(nope), Facewash(nope). Nothing seems to prevent it. Its inevitable. :'(

I do wash my face afterwards. Still doesn't help. I figured myself it would be the friction. But i mean i can't prevent that in a makeout session. :/

Well i'm a weight lifter myself.And take my word,whenever i do high intensity exercises like deadlifts,squats and benches,i can feel the sebum building up.It's the combination of sweat and sebum which wrecks havoc for me.I just gave you an advise.It's up to your discretion.But had i been in your place i'd been more circumspect and take all the suggestions with an open mind.

MemberMember
(@reapt)

Posted : 07/01/2013 2:09 pm

Buddy our body is not an apple pie made of flour ,sugar and eggs.It's more to it than meets the eye.Alright? And there's a whole page on this forum where people every day discuss about how masturbation /orgasms affect their breakouts.

>

>>That's so weird...I wonder what it could be? Do you have a skincare regimen? Also, this might sound strange, but do you have a good dental hygiene regimen as well?

Well i'm a weight lifter myself.And take my word,whenever i do high intensity exercises like deadlifts,squats and benches,i can feel the sebum building up.It's the combination of sweat and sebum which wrecks havoc for me.I just gave you an advise.It's up to your discretion.But had i been in your place i'd been more circumspect and take all the suggestions with an open mind.

In no way was I disrespecting your answer man! I once thought there was a testosterone connection myself. But I don't think it affects me. I lift hard everyday and take test boosters. Its actually made my skin better. I cleared up and grew out of my acne when i started lifting. I just break out when i make out which sucks. Any other day my face is clear. I'm taking all thoughts or ideas into great consideration. This is a terrible thing for my self esteem and any thoughts i have on my future. :/

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 07/01/2013 2:34 pm

Sometimes making out with my husband can cause me to have a few zits on my upper lip, but only when he doesn't shave and his facial hair is scritchy scratchy. ;o;

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/01/2013 7:14 pm

Use a zinc sunscreen and a retinoid. Talk to your derm about it

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 07/01/2013 9:50 pm

lol I think there's truth to this because a few nights ago I was making out with my gf and now I have a new pimple below my mouth on my chin. I've been on the Regimen and I've been clear almost three weeks before that one. Maybe too much irritation around the mouth area contributed to it?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/01/2013 10:22 pm

Yea the testosterone thing is rediculous; and yes I have been lifting heavy for over 10 years. The masturbation causing acne is also crazy, it is one of the few myths that continues to stick around on acne.org even though it has been proven wrong by science.

But you could be breaking out from a lip stick or gloss on the woman's lips. I had that happen to me once when I borrowed a girl's fancy chapstick. You are probably sensitive to a common chemical used in the lip products. Do you breakout from any facial products? Try to isolate the chemical, then ask your girl to try something else and see if it persists.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:34 am

Yea the testosterone thing is rediculous; and yes I have been lifting heavy for over 10 years. The masturbation causing acne is also crazy, it is one of the few myths that continues to stick around on acne.org even though it has been proven wrong by science. But you could be breaking out from a lip stick or gloss on the woman's lips. I had that happen to me once when I borrowed a girl's fancy chapstick. You are probably sensitive to a common chemical used in the lip products. Do you breakout from any facial products? Try to isolate the chemical, then ask your girl to try something else and see if it persists.

Well science has dis-proven a lot of things.If you start following EVERYTHING what science says then you'll probably end up in a sanatorium taking pills for your depression.My dermatologist vehemently opposes my believe that a bad diet causes my acne.Now what about that? And i know it for a fact that if i gobble a big cheese cake then i'd probably breakout like hell. I'd say read more before dis-regarding or thrusting aside anything.

MemberMember
(@cyberpile)

Posted : 07/02/2013 3:01 am

Masturbating and bodybuilding can cause a person to perspire and that might produce a few pimples if you don't gently wash your skin afterwards. If anything, my acne improves from bodybuilding. I always shower immediately afterwards though.

Its terrible. All my one night stands all my dates where i've made out i go in with clear skin, and come out with acne 5 days later. sad.pngI

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/02/2013 8:25 am

Yea the testosterone thing is rediculous; and yes I have been lifting heavy for over 10 years. The masturbation causing acne is also crazy, it is one of the few myths that continues to stick around on acne.org even though it has been proven wrong by science. But you could be breaking out from a lip stick or gloss on the woman's lips. I had that happen to me once when I borrowed a girl's fancy chapstick. You are probably sensitive to a common chemical used in the lip products. Do you breakout from any facial products? Try to isolate the chemical, then ask your girl to try something else and see if it persists.

Well science has dis-proven a lot of things.If you start following EVERYTHING what science says then you'll probably end up in a sanatorium taking pills for your depression.My dermatologist vehemently opposes my believe that a bad diet causes my acne.Now what about that? And i know it for a fact that if i gobble a big cheese cake then i'd probably breakout like hell. I'd say read more before dis-regarding or thrusting aside anything.

LOL, you are being way too rude about this to other posters on this thread. I will gladly prove you wrong. I usually won't go out of my way to dig up some sources enlighten someone, as I'd be doing it all day with some of the misinformation on this site, but it's warranted here.

Here's a quick summary of how testosterone works in regards to masturbation. When you masturbate, your testosterone goes up slightly above baseline. When you cum, it actually DROPS to below baseline for several hours. When you abstain from masterbating, you testosterone actually INCREASES every day; until it peaks about 7-8 days later. At this point, further abstaining from masturbation will only maintain your testosterone at this elevated level.

So abstaining from masturbation will actually RAISE you testosterone bud. Ejaculation does release chemicals like dopamine, but it drops your testosterone. That's why men often feel tired after cumming. You say you lift weights? Try cumming 15 min before working out, you will have the worst workout of your life haha. This has been know in elite sports circles for years, especially boxing and bodybuilding. Some boxers are told to abstain from sex before a fight because of this; Manny Pacquiao's trainer is a strong believer in this.

I'd say read these.

SOURCES

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11760788/

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1631%2Fjzus.2003.0236

Don't be one of those people that believes modern medicine is crap just because it hasn't found a cure for acne yet. I see that all the time here. And personally, food does absolutely nothing for my acne. The people whose acne is affected significantly by what they eat are actually in the minority.

But try to maintain a more courteous tone here. If you are not 100% sure on something or can't reproduce it in an academic article, don't go around correcting people.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/02/2013 9:22 am

LOL, you are being way too rude about this to other posters on this thread. I will gladly prove you wrong. I usually won't go out of my way to dig up some sources enlighten someone, as I'd be doing it all day with some of the misinformation on this site, but it's warranted here.

Here's a quick summary of how testosterone works in regards to masturbation. When you masturbate, your testosterone goes up slightly above baseline. When you cum, it actually DROPS to below baseline for several hours. When you abstain from masterbating, you testosterone actually INCREASES every day; until it peaks about 7-8 days later. At this point, further abstaining from masturbation will only maintain your testosterone at this elevated level.

So abstaining from masturbation will actually RAISE you testosterone bud. Ejaculation does release chemicals like dopamine, but it drops your testosterone. That's why men often feel tired after cumming. You say you lift weights? Try cumming 15 min before working out, you will have the worst workout of your life haha.

I'd say read these.

SOURCES

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11760788/

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1631%2Fjzus.2003.0236

Don't be one of those people that believes modern medicine is crap just because it hasn't found a cure for acne yet. I see that all the time here. And personally, food does absolutely nothing for my acne. The people whose acne is affected significantly by what they eat are actually in the minority.

But try to maintain a more courteous tone here. If you are not 100% sure on something or can't reproduce it in an academic article, don't go around correcting people.

Well i was not trying to be rude.But it's very unsettling when somebody just throws your belief out of the window.All of us are acne afflicted individuals here.Our acne ranges from mild to severe.We all have beliefs backed up by incidences and anecdotes.EACH one of us is different.It's not a computer that if you introduce a virus to ten of them,you can expect to elicit the same response from each of them .And dude,medical science doesn't has a proof for everything.My father is a Neurologist and whenever i say that dairy aggravates my acne,he brings his fat HARRISON text book and a couple of others and asks me to show where it's mentioned.Obviously it's not mentioned there.So should i stop believing in what's good and what's not good for my body?It really saddens me when my parents don't agree to believe in my "acne beliefs".They are not blind beliefs mind you.I experiment for an extended period of time and my beliefs are based on meticulous observations.

That being said.I WILL stand by my belief that masturbation does aggravates acne in acne PRONE individuals.Please pay attention to the subtle rhetoric.It doesn't causes acne.It just aggravates it in people who are gullible.Who don't have good genes to compensate for.A reason behind it is the ejaculate excretes important amounts of zinc from the body (3-5 mg).So if you have a poor diet and you ejaculate frequently it could lead to zinc deficiency.That could well indeed be a cause of acne.And there are other theories which say that testosterone is converted to di-hydrogen testosterone which is very potent in increasing sebum production.

Bodybuilding and acne? I love bodybuilding perhaps more than anyone else,although i'm an amateur.So i don't have dis-regard for it.But recently i have noticed that lifting heavy weights coincides with my acne.I have to research it more .Though there are lot of threads and blogs which discuss it.

Lastly ,food DOES affect our skin. And it's not just me.It's not a "minority" as you said.Go ask everyone here and i can vouch most would agree that diet DOES indeed affects their acne in one way or the other.High Glycemic- index diet exacerbates acne.I WILL preach it everywhere.It's my right.It's up to an individual to take it or throw it.

At the end of the day being a responsible member of this site and more importantly a compassionate human being i only want good for others.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/02/2013 9:47 am

Well, yes and no. Some of what you said is inaccurate but nothing major.

With an affliction as complicated as acne, the only way we can hope to combat it is through complete and comprehensive scientific testing. We cannot randomly throw things at it, we create trials, isolate a variable, and study it. It's the only way to definetively see if something works.

As far as what you father says, he's right at the moment. There is only a slight correlation between diary and acne; but more research is necessary.

And I'm sure you meant well with your advice but just try to keep an open mind. If you're ever not sure about something, use Google. With the internet nowadays we have huge amounts of information at our fingertips, the trick is just sorting the good from the bad.

-----------

And to try and get this thread back on track, it could just be the friction when you're kissing her. I've noticed some days when I rub my skin to hard when I'm washing it, it'll cause some acne. After a hot and heavy night, maybe try just a gentle face wash like cetaphil with some lukewarm water.

It's odd that you never broke out with your older GF though.

What kind of breakout is it? Are we talking about big headless cysts, inflammed whiteheads, or a bunch of little whiteheads?