Notifications
Clear all

Going To A Bar With My Friends Next Week (Need Some Advice?)

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/25/2013 12:29 am

So I got invited to go out to a bar next week with my friends and I know they're going to be taking some pictures that night and I don't want my red marks from my acne to show. What should I do? I'm thinking of wearing makeup to conceal these ugly red marks but I'm a dude and I've never worn make up before, so what should I do? The girls there are probably going to get turned off by my face.....GREAT. :(

I ordered Dan's AHA+ tonight and I'm expecting to get it delivered to my house by next tuesday-wednesday, at least a few days before my friends' night out. I heard the AHA can help fade the red marks away, but to what extent?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/25/2013 1:32 am

just be confident and carry urself well.

a week is not enough for fading marks and i request u to not haste anything and feel sorry later.

i know what u r going through- been there,done that!

plus,trust me pal it only worsens the scenario.

be what u r and they are gonna like u for that.

be easy.

helped me!

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/25/2013 3:22 am

It's kind of hard to feel confident about one's self when they have these ugly red marks all over their cheeks while they're surrounded with people who have perfectly clear skin. Last friday, I went out to hang out with a friend and I saw people staring at me. I just don't want the same thing to happen next week when I go out with friends at the bar. And I have a feeling they will post some pictures of me on fb. Fml. :'(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/25/2013 4:19 am

actually its because we think so much about our own skin that it seems everyone is staring at us.may be someone did stare at u.

(also,may be she or he was interested) but we perceive it in a different way.

its very differnt,it happens to all of us.

but u still need to train urself to fuss less and never show ur insecurities.

its a big turn off for anyone.

u neednt jump and joke all the time but just stay calm and carry urself well.

thats really important.

no one prefers people who are horribly under confident and always low.

smile and take it easy.

trust me mate,u 'll be alright.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/25/2013 1:10 pm

Nothing will fade red marks that fast, sorry. The AHA will help your skin a lot over time, but it will take months and months. The best thing you can probably do is just smile and fake confidence.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 06/25/2013 3:02 pm

I'd suggest a little BB cream if you want to cover them up quickly and easily. Nice confidence boost to even out the complexion and cover red marks. You can get some at Walmart, just choose the shade you feel best matches your skin color.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/25/2013 4:45 pm

I would suggest a strong brightening agent like lemon juice. Lemon juice has been shown to be highly effective in fading red marks over a shorter period of time. They probably won't look much different in a week, but hey, maybe you'll see even a slight difference and that'll make you feel better.

I also second the BB cream tip. That way you don't feel like you're putting on makeup. It offers light coverage.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/26/2013 12:47 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone!

What's a BB cream? and how do you put it on? can you apply it on with your finger? thanks

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 06/26/2013 12:58 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone!

What's a BB cream? and how do you put it on? can you apply it on with your finger? thanks

BB cream is like the easy alternative for lazy guys who don't wanna spend a ton of time with make-up but still wanna cover up red marks (like me, lol)

It basically stands for Blemish Balm and it's like a tinted moisturizer that works as a foundation too and covers up redness, red marks, etc. It's just a light, non-noticeable coverage that you rub in with your fingers, you wear it on your face as long as you want during the day then just wash it off at night. Simple and easy.

The brand I use is stocked at Walmart and it's called Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter. They usually keep it in the skin care aisle, not the make-up aisle.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/26/2013 8:42 pm

So I got invited to go out to a bar next week with my friends and I know they're going to be taking some pictures that night and I don't want my red marks from my acne to show. What should I do? I'm thinking of wearing makeup to conceal these ugly red marks but I'm a dude and I've never worn make up before, so what should I do? The girls there are probably going to get turned off by my face.....GREAT. sad.png

I ordered Dan's AHA+ tonight and I'm expecting to get it delivered to my house by next tuesday-wednesday, at least a few days before my friends' night out. I heard the AHA can help fade the red marks away, but to what extent?

When Men have skin imperfections I think of it as totally fine, if not practically normal honestly. I actually find it creepy when I see a man with totally porcelain looking skin without any marks or minor scars. Don't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/27/2013 5:03 am

So I got invited to go out to a bar next week with my friends and I know they're going to be taking some pictures that night and I don't want my red marks from my acne to show. What should I do? I'm thinking of wearing makeup to conceal these ugly red marks but I'm a dude and I've never worn make up before, so what should I do? The girls there are probably going to get turned off by my face.....GREAT. sad.png

When Men have skin imperfections I think of it as totally fine, if not practically normal honestly. I actually find it creepy when I see a man with totally porcelain looking skin without any marks or minor scars. Don't worry about it.

i know,

i personally dnt tend to go for guys who look like they are designer products.not now,but even when i dint have acne.

but i think its primarily because most who are such 'cut outs' also tend to be the same individuals who are obsessed(mostly!) with themselves.

not that i would mind someone who is just as jolly and stable and with clear perfect skin.

its after all not a crime to have good skin genetically!! ;P