Notifications
Clear all

I'm Back With A Little Video About My Acne Conglobata Scars

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 06/05/2013 4:58 pm

Hi, hope everyones been well.

I have come back to the forums to share a video with you all. This video introduces myself, talks about my type of acne, the scars its left me, and overcoming them, with a little unexpected twist at the end lol. I also show you part of the scars its left me, my arms, chest, face. Trust me I have a lot more than you will see in the video. hopefully its a little inspiring to some of you out there. Stay strong and live the life you have once. Sorry if I sound weird and what not, I was thinking to hard about what to say lol.

Anyway, here it is.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 06/05/2013 6:02 pm

I think you're wonderful, beautiful guy. Thank you so much for posting this.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 06/05/2013 6:32 pm

Great post, man. I've got mad respect for you having the courage to make this video. I can relate to your story in so many ways, especially secluding myself at home for long periods of time. It's awesome to hear that you have a job now and you're getting yourself back out there...I need to make more of an effort to do that myself.

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:40 pm

I think you're wonderful, beautiful guy. Thank you so much for posting this.

Thank you :). I'm glad my video helped you in some way.

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 06/05/2013 9:00 pm

Great post, man. I've got mad respect for you having the courage to make this video. I can relate to your story in so many ways, especially secluding myself at home for long periods of time. It's awesome to hear that you have a job now and you're getting yourself back out there...I need to make more of an effort to do that myself.

Thanks man! I happy my video helped you in some way. Its tough man, I know. It took every ounce of confidence in me to get back out there. And the more you go out and show yourself, the more strong in confidence you become, and eventually you'll overcome this fear, and it'll be like nothing to show yourself to the world, and you'll have the grand prize in the outcome.. your life back :). Don't let acne take the best of you, I know you can do it man!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/05/2013 10:57 pm

Best forum since I been a member.

# respect

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 06/06/2013 1:18 am

Thank you so much for posting this. As someone who is struggling to come to terms with having acne and their appearance (I am currently having CBT), watching your video was truly inspiring. Not been feeling too great about myself lately and it has given me a lift. All the best for the future!

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 06/06/2013 9:19 pm

You are so lovely, wishing you all the best for the future! :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/07/2013 2:32 am

Your video is very inspirational and you are very cute razz.gif You are right, seclusion is not a way to live and we are bigger than acne.

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 06/07/2013 4:25 am

inspiring video!! thanks for sharing it!! and good luck!!grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:28 pm

Amazing video! You give wonderful advice in there. You seem like you've overcome some pretty tough situations. I respect you for that, you sem so kind and caring its just amazing! I wish you the best luck with your scar treatment and please update this post with your new videos when you make them! I look forward to going through your journey with you! Your just adorable and I hope you took care of that spider!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/07/2013 5:15 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. I am so happy that you have found a happy medium in your life- that is so much more important than acne. This video definitely helped me put my life into perspective. Wishing you all the best hun!

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/10/2013 11:37 am

What a sweetheart and what a beautiful soul! You are a very cute guy and I wish you all the very best!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 06/10/2013 1:40 pm

You are so genuine! I loved what you were saying in this video and I hope you helped some people find the courage to get out of seclusion. I've had periods of time where I secluded myself, and it never leaves you feeling better. I'm sorry about how unprofessional that nurse was-- some people don't understand the impact they have on others.

Anyway, awesome that you have a job! It's hard right now in this economy. I live right by the GA line in TN! :P Fun times in the south! You have a beautiful smile and you are quite handsome! Thanks for the video!

MemberMember
(@sidearmsalpha)

Posted : 06/10/2013 9:33 pm

The thing that sucks the most about this is that he couldn't afford treatment earlier to mitigate his condition to prevent the scarring. I have cystic acne and couldn't pay for accutane or to see a dermatologist for a few years because my crappy job at that time didn't offer insurance. As a result, I have scars on my chest and back and upper arms. There should be a program that provides low-cost medical insurance to acne sufferers since severe cases take a major emotional toll on sufferers.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/11/2013 12:47 pm

Aw, I want to give you a big hug right there! Great video!

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 06/11/2013 5:22 pm

Great video and awesome attitude. Thanks for sharing.

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 06/13/2013 11:49 pm

You are such a sweetheart. You were just so honest and genuine in this video, and I think it's really brave of you to share such a personal story! I could just hug you. I wish I had someone as a friend like you when I was going through a really rough time with my skin.

Oh, and you're really cute. wub.png And your signature is amazing. It's beautiful. <3

MemberMember
(@scarface123)

Posted : 06/21/2013 3:46 pm

Hello there!

I have to tell that you're not alone with Acne Conglobata. I'm just like you, suffering from Acne Conglobata. Allthough I have to admit that your face look WAY better than my face. I'm using Accutane but it doesn't help me. :( What are you using against it? Accutane ? How do you cope with it?