Notifications
Clear all

Tired Of Treatments I Need A Cure!

MemberMember
(@cdfelds)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:02 am

Quinoderm,Duac,manuka honey, antibiotics, facewashs, benzoyl perexide facewashs,sudocrem,dettol soap,dettol liquid, tooth paste. Who hasn't tired all of these? all so promising always promising same results you stop them then pop pop comes back the acne. These products are good for there business but not ours. Is there such a acne cure? how many times have you been told this will clear your skin and believed it went out and bought it with no results or a minimum result .

What haven't most acne suffers tried? Black African soap i saw it being reviewed getting praised on you tube went out and bought it thinking finally this is the answer i have been looking for used it for 7 weeks its cleans your skin but you still break out i now realize it isn't the factor of having dirty skin or maybe "blocked pores"...am i the only one who's noticed this? steam your face and wash it with dettol or something the break out will return...I am tired of these short term acne treatments i want a cure!....who here has actually found a cure no not a treatment i know many of those who can up with good regimens thank you but i mean a cure as you did it and months later you stopped and acne hasn't even returned since you stopped using the cure because it CURED you lol!....

I've tried everything for years i am 22 i started getting acne at 16 and its gotten worse as it only effects your skin more more and more over time as you get more scarring. I've been using quinoderm and it seems to actually be doing more harm to my skin ,spots are drying out but so is everything else skins flaking its epic!....

I am now deciding to go on a holistic approach because all these regimens and lies are only depressing me more "try it you'll have clear skin" look at all these before and after pictures yaaay , go buy use for months and its working then you pause it then wow. Its back..."Its to control your acne its a treatment to keep them away so keep using it"....yea that's good! but i am tired of treatments i want a cure!!

I am taking on a new coarse of a holistic approach from this guy he sounds plausible i will tell you of the results i've taken before pics i will post my journey on how its doing and if its working please stay posted and follow because i am not looking for a treatment i am looking for a cure!

If anyone is in the same situation and frame of mind follow this entry please or me.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:30 am

Try accutane. If the side effects are bad for you, you can stop any time. That's the closest to a sure thing as you're going to get.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:59 am

U need to treat it internally whether through accutane or dietary changes. Topicals are all like band aids.

MemberMember
(@cdfelds)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:59 am

Try accutane. If the side effects are bad for you, you can stop any time. That's the closest to a sure thing as you're going to get.

Thanks tim for the advice will keep that in mind...have you ever been on accutance and what results you get? I heard some gruesome stories about that drug like you get suicidal and your lever is hanging on for dear life!....Don't you think diet and stuff like that effect us? its what i've been thinking this last month!

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 05/24/2013 9:30 am

yah I am sick and tired of treatments too they actually make my skin a lot worse, dries it out, makes it look red and the texture? dear Lord it makes me want to cry so yah I totally want to try the holistic approach too hifive.gif so where do you start?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 05/24/2013 1:09 pm

As someone who tried desperately to cure acne through diet and holistic measures for YEARS and tried just about everything imaginable, I will say this: Don't waste your time. If you want to improve your diet or lifestyle, do it for your overall health, not acne. Trying to "cure" acne is enough to drive a person insane, because there is no cure. The only way that diet could be a cure is if you are violently allergic to something you are eating and there are no other triggers for your acne. This is very rarely the case and almost every "cure" you read about online is likely a scam or someone talking out their ass. Be careful out there.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 05/24/2013 3:30 pm

Accutane is your closest chance at a cure. Don't follow a ridiculous diet either. A diet (if it actually works) is nothing but a bandaid.

Want to go on vacation for a week? Be ready to breakout when you can't follow your diet.

Want to go to the bar and drink? Can't because this could cause a breakout.

Want to go out to eat with your family? "Can we go somewhere with a gluten free, dairy free, taste free menu?"

By all means, work to IMPROVE your diet for general health. But if you want a cure, diet is not what you are looking for.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/24/2013 3:52 pm

Accutane is the only known "cure". Regimens can only control acne, they can't cure it.

Theoretically acne can only be cured by the root cause being resolved or through accutane.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/24/2013 5:39 pm

Thanks tim for the advice will keep that in mind...have you ever been on accutance and what results you get? I heard some gruesome stories about that drug like you get suicidal and your lever is hanging on for dear life!....Don't you think diet and stuff like that effect us? its what i've been thinking this last month!

Yes I was on it about six years ago and it worked as advertised for about two years then the acne that came back was not nearly as bad and much more manageable until about six months ago. I've tried diet changes and living healthier which has made me feel better physically but has done absolutely nothing for my skin. I just started taking it again and will be looking to be more aggressive with it this time as I had only minor side effects last time which were dry lips and skin. So it wasn't a complete cure for me but the time It gave me with clear skin was well worth the risk for me. Plus just because mine came back doesn't mean it always happens, plenty of people get completely cured with it. The only way to know how you'll react to it is to try it. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@cdfelds)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:54 pm

Accutane is your closest chance at a cure. Don't follow a ridiculous diet either. A diet (if it actually works) is nothing but a bandaid.

Want to go on vacation for a week? Be ready to breakout when you can't follow your diet.

Want to go out to eat with your family? "Can we go somewhere with a gluten free, dairy free, taste free menu?"

By all means, work to IMPROVE your diet for general health. But if you want a cure, diet is not what you are looking for.

wow so flipping true lol its like i just read a post about gluten being a part of it aswell i am thinking what the hell will i eat then? loool its like i am on a diet i dont think i ate a proper meal today lol i can't think of one lol ...

yah I am sick and tired of treatments too they actually make my skin a lot worse, dries it out, makes it look red and the texture? dear Lord it makes me want to cry so yah I totally want to try the holistic approach too hifive.gif so where do you start?

lol Ruweyda i would tell you but it would me being a hipocrit wait for a month and i'll tell you of the results i've taken some before pics hopefully they'll be better after 1s i'll post up this time next month i'll directly email and say how its gone and so forth....

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 05/25/2013 1:08 am

wow so flipping true lol its like i just read a post about gluten being a part of it aswell i am thinking what the hell will i eat then? loool its like i am on a diet i dont think i ate a proper meal today lol i can't think of one lol ...

>yah I am sick and tired of treatments too they actually make my skin a lot worse, dries it out, makes it look red and the texture? dear Lord it makes me want to cry so yah I totally want to try the holistic approach too hifive.gif so where do you start?

lol Ruweyda i would tell you but it would me being a hipocrit wait for a month and i'll tell you of the results i've taken some before pics hopefully they'll be better after 1s i'll post up this time next month i'll directly email and say how its gone and so forth....

Some people (including myself) have tried to follow extremely strict diets in order to get clear. It starts to mess with your head and you will begin questioning everything that you eat. You will even start blaming totally unrelated foods on acne and it becomes a huge mess. Searching for an acne cure has been nothing but mental masturbation for myself for lack of a better term rolleyes.gif I always thought the next method that I read was finally it. Other methods are ridiculous as well. Did you know that people actually put urine on their face in order to clear their acne?

I have done all of the creams and methods as well. Some have worked better than others but I am tired of being a slave to it all so I am going on Accutane next month. Today when I spent the 25 minutes that I do every morning washing my face, waiting, applying bp, waiting, and finally moisturizing I asked myself wtf I am doing. I just avoided going to Atlantic City for the weekend solely because I wouldn't be able to use all of my products and didn't want to risk a breakout. Sorry for the mini rant but I understand your burning desire for a cure and I hope that you find yours.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:12 am

I totally agree about second guessing everything you eat, it can become vexing especially when there are no changes, plus it's so easy to find contradictory information about any given food. My advice is to cut out one thing at a time for a month just to see what happens. I've cut out milk almost completely for the past couple of months with no change but at this point I prefer almond milk with my cereal anyway so I'll continue going milkless.

Now I'm trying no peanut butter which is tough because I'm trying to gain some weight and I ate it almost every day and it was helping plus I love PB&J sandwiches. It's been almost two weeks with no difference but ill give it another two weeks at least.

I really don't think mine is a result of diet habits but its worth experimenting with.