Notifications
Clear all

Do You Ever Feel Like People Are Only Looking At Your Skin?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/17/2013 12:41 pm

I was out today and as I was walking past a huge crowd of people, I noticed most of them were checking out my face all around. I could see their eyes moving to every part of my face as if they are observing me. It was so uncomfortable! This usually happens with guys and I feel like I am being judged. Sometimes they smile, sometimes they'll raise their eyebrows, and sometimes they'll just have a straight face with prolonged eye contact. We were in a dim area too so my skin probably didn't even look that bad. Do people notice little imperfections even in dark places? O_O Fml if they do lol. Anyone else experience something like this? Isn't it so uncomfortable?

MemberMember
(@leofernandez)

Posted : 05/17/2013 1:03 pm

It definitely does not look as bad in dimmer lights, Have you though that they might have been looking at you because you looked nice? or just looking for any random reason. Most people also have their insecurities and you should not worry about their opinion or if they did judge you. I used to be self conscious of being up close and personal talking to friends and people in general untill i got over it and realised most of them did not care about minor imperfections or some red marks.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:18 pm

Yes, and I always imagine what they must be thinking in their heads.

Staring is just plain rude. I don't understand how people can stare at someone for a long time, like for enough time to scrutinize every pore of the face! If I feel like I need to stare at someone (because they're pretty, attractive, etc.), I just do it fast like for 2 -3seconds and turn my head, because I don't want to be caught doing it. It's embarrassing... You know what's a good trick? If they stare at you, stare back at them with eye contact and maintain that until they feel uncomfortable lol. I did that quite a few time, and strangely enough, they continued to stare at me! lol wtf! I can't understand some people.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:23 pm

I noticed. It caused me to become very hostile (Facially) when they looked at me like that.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:33 pm

Yea I feel that mostly because they are, don't really blame them, I actually feel sorry that they have to witness such a horrible looking individual. Just imagine what they must feel when they look at me pure disgust and i must make their stomach cringe. I never meant to provoke that I want to apologize ahead of time for any of you clear skinned folk.

On a serious note fuck people.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:40 pm

I just imagine if they look at me is cause I'm hot and there is nothing wrong with me.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:48 pm

Wow, I share very similar thoughts as all of you! Let's just go with nakedsmurf's thoughts - we're a bunch of sexy beasts that people HAVE to check out :3

MemberMember
(@abstractfactory)

Posted : 05/17/2013 4:02 pm

If you do feel self-conscious about people looking at your face, my solution is to wear tight clothes which show off you assets. In my particular case, I like to saunter down the street in tight jeans with a Cumberland sausage stuffed into them. The ladies don't notice my acne - believe mecool.png

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/17/2013 6:06 pm

I have felt like this SO OFTEN! But you know it's kinda funny I guess because I rarely evvverrr look closely at another persons skin. In fact when I try to remember someone, I only ever recall what their eyes or their smile look like. Complexion isn't something that my brain registers with other people unless I try to focus in on purpose. To me in fact, other peoples' skin is just not important. How hypocritical and self-centered of me really ..

So I try to remember that most people aren't really looking at my skin or "imperfections" .. it's just my brain overthinking it all and ASSUMING that other people are too.

But I totally know how you feel. It's a constant battle to remember this. If people are looking at you it's often because you stand out in a positive way. They're probably just thinking you're really pretty. :)

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 05/17/2013 6:39 pm

OMG YES!!!

You know what, I had this exact thing happen to me yesterday and today!

Tanned, toned and dressed in pretty clothes, from a distance I must've looked quite hot as quite a few guys shouted out compliments at me, some of it was flattering but most were just groups of young men leering, however it did give me a much needed confidence boost. However there was one group of men coming towards me yesterday, I was right in their path and they were staring at me really inappropriately and it did feel uncomfortable being so outnumbered and scrutinised, I'm pretty sure I heard one of them say 'I'd tap that' and another say 'I wouldn't'. This was actually said when they were at their closest point to me, therefore of course I blamed my skin. Sometimes it does make you wonder whether men are looking at you thinking you're nice looking, or whether they notice acne once they get closer then have second thoughts. Today a guy was checking me out as I walked to the shops, the wind was blowing the hair away from my face therefore potentially showing my awful angry cheek acne (I braved it today and went bare faced) so I was grabbing my hair and holding it around my face to partially cover it - how awkward, I probably drew even more attention to myself, urgh. He still muttered something to himself about me though, haha!

Not that any of this really matters to me anyway as I am newly wed therefore off the market haha, but that plus my bad skin doesn't seem to stop men looking and/or shouting stuff out at me whilst I'm out walking alone minding my own business. And still I don't like to think of people analysing my skin, it makes me feel VERY self conscious.

As I've said before though, you have the sort of stunning looks that no amount of acne can take away from, guys would be looking at you thinking what a babe ;)

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:51 am

Yeah I feel like that all the time but I know they probably aren't. It's because I'm obsessed with it and that's what I focus on, on other people. It's also all I see when I look in the mirror, Nobody really makes comments but I have been avoiding situations where they could.

MemberMember
(@acnebeewax)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:11 am

All the time :(

I just get comforted by the idea that they don't know me and that they'll never see me again. So it wouldn't matter if they judge me or not.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:12 am

Yes. That's why I have severe anxiety and never have a moments peace in my head.

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 05/21/2013 10:07 am

i don't really give a shit wat people think of my skin I mean is not lik I bloody know them. but I do get very uncomfortable when I see someone I kno lol as soon as I see them I walk the other way...but lately I have been more embarrassed about my skin ugh!!!

MemberMember
(@misclegend)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:53 am

Your just being insecure about your skin...

I know this is going to sound typical and whiteknightish or whatever, but acne does not effect women like it does for men. Plus your make up might cover it up anyway.

If the guy is looking at you and smiling he probably likes you and if he is starring at you he probably wants to have sex with you. With guys we don't care as much about acne as women do, most guys would be happy to have sex with a 300 lbs women, so because of that if your a women who is in shape they will look past your acne and still like you.

If you do not believe me...

most guys cannot get in shape women, thus... they will lie to themselves and their friends and delude themselves.

They will go out with a fat or chubby girl, then claim that she has big tits or a big ass that they like ( they focus on the positive when the girl herself is below average. )

If a women has a slim waist, average face, hair, make up, young, and decent breast and decent ass and hips, as long as she doesn't have severe acne that covers her entire face or is bleeding or oozing or that cannot be covered up somewhat with make up, nothing will stop 70% of men from wanting to have sex with her anyway.

MemberMember
(@gotohellacne)

Posted : 05/21/2013 5:21 pm

Extremely uncomfortable ... :(

Especially when you're trying to tell someone something but their eyes just wander to your face and I just want to cry in a corner.

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 05/23/2013 1:10 am

loooooooooooooool this guys makes me laugh I never seen one comment where he doesn't mention the word "sex" haha

Your just being insecure about your skin...

I know this is going to sound typical and whiteknightish or whatever, but acne does not effect women like it does for men. Plus your make up might cover it up anyway.

If the guy is looking at you and smiling he probably likes you and if he is starring at you he probably wants to have sex with you. With guys we don't care as much about acne as women do, most guys would be happy to have sex with a 300 lbs women, so because of that if your a women who is in shape they will look past your acne and still like you.

If you do not believe me...

most guys cannot get in shape women, thus... they will lie to themselves and their friends and delude themselves.

They will go out with a fat or chubby girl, then claim that she has big tits or a big ass that they like ( they focus on the positive when the girl herself is below average. )

If a women has a slim waist, average face, hair, make up, young, and decent breast and decent ass and hips, as long as she doesn't have severe acne that covers her entire face or is bleeding or oozing or that cannot be covered up somewhat with make up, nothing will stop 70% of men from wanting to have sex with her anyway.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/23/2013 9:36 am

MemberMember
(@lewi)

Posted : 05/25/2013 4:16 am

Oh no OP, they were probably just admiring you shifty.gif

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:29 pm

i have same experience, when i'm in the pub, there's some people starring at me, look at my face, i feel so unconfortable, i thought everyone just saw my horrible face with scar.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/28/2013 2:17 pm

Personally i have never been stared by people because of my acne.You know what is worse than being stared by people? Getting snide remarks.Been there...Got them.

it's ugly...

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/28/2013 5:58 pm

yea at work i feel customers staring at me as i work on their cars. there is a computer terminal i have to work on that is right next to the customer waiting window that looks into the shop. sometimes people are there and i feel so embarrassed having to stand there at that computer while i feel them staring at me probably thinking wtf is wrong with his face.