Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Deal With Going To Work After Getting A Peel/micro?

MemberMember
(@miichellelynn)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:01 am

I'm about to start a treatment plan that will require me to have a chemical peel/micro once a month for 6 months. My esthetician customizes them to my skin, so I couldn't tell ya what type/percentage they are. But they do leave my skin horribly scabby, and the downtime is at least 5 days.

Anyway, I've been wanting to get a job. The only problem - well, it's more of a personal issue - is that I really, really don't want to be working after I undergo a treatment. I don't think my self-esteem could handle all the stares (and probably questions) from co-workers/customers. But I don't want to be a bum for the next 6 months either.

I know this is silly of me. There are plenty of you who suck it up and go about your lives. Still, perhaps you could offer helpful stories or thoughts?

Thanks. (^_^)

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:06 pm

I once had a Green Peel treatment and it made my skin really sensitive,red and "peely". I didn't want to miss my classes, fortunately, they gave me a BB Cream that was intended to soothe and conceal the redness at the same time. It was really tough to cope ,though, because they told me I couldn't wash my face at all until the next time I see them (which was a week later)! I don't know much about chemical peels or micro though...maybe you can ask them about it? Also, the BB cream they gave me is called Dr.Schrammek BB cream and it's the original BB cream, as it was originally developped to protect and heal people's skin after surgery. You might want to look into it or ask your esthetician about it. It's not at all like the BB creams you see in drugstores nowadays.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/28/2013 8:03 am

Hi Michelle. Don't let this stop you from getting out and working, Sometimes being around other people can keep us from focusing on ourselves and our skin issues. Try to do your peel on a Thursday afternoon, take Friday off and by Monday, you should be looking much better! I wouldn't recommend wearing makeup over your face- just moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/28/2013 12:31 pm

Do you have to do such a harsh treatment? What about lighter peels or AHA lotions that get the job done without scabbing and injuring your face?