Notifications
Clear all

The Kindest Reactions To Your Acne

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:25 am

We have a thread about the meanest things people have said about our acne. It's awful and it shows how insensitive and evil human beings can be.

But humans aren't all that bad. Let's discuss the kindest reactions people have had to our acne.

I'll start:

I never talk about acne with my gf and I can't look her in the eye when something happens to bring attention to my skin. But she tries to show me that it doesn't matter to her: sometimes, when we're all cozy and cuddly, she'll discretely give my pimples little kisses. The first few times it happened I thought it was an accident. Sometimes I still can't believe that there are awesome people like that on earth. It's a little awkward but it's the most beautiful gesture of acceptance I've ever received.

What is your experience?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:59 am

We have a thread about the meanest things people have said about our acne. It's awful and it shows how insensitive and evil human beings can be.

But humans aren't all that bad. Let's discuss the kindest reactions people have had to our acne.

I'll start:

I never talk about acne with my gf and I can't look her in the eye when something happens to bring attention to my skin. But she tries to show me that it doesn't matter to her: sometimes, when we're all cozy and cuddly, she'll discretely give my pimples little kisses. The first few times it happened I thought it was an accident. Sometimes I still can't believe that there are awesome people like that on earth. It's a little awkward but it's the most beautiful gesture of acceptance I've ever received.

What is your experience?

That is actually really sweet!

Kindest...hmmm..I probably wouldn't say kind, but the best reactions for me are when people don't even give it a second look when talking to you. And you will know when someone is staring at your acne when you talk to them...but there are a rare few (and I don't mean friends) that just don't care if you have it, they don't care if you don't. I really like those people who look past the face. :)

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:41 am

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 03/29/2013 1:19 pm

some how i doubt we'll here as many good ones c'mon man i hate bursting bubbles but lets not get things twisted in, in this reality and in my eyes people are sh!t. i think most people that have visited this section of the site would agree with me... i'm not saying everyone's is just 95% of them -_-

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 03/29/2013 1:47 pm

98%

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:10 pm

Back when I was 19, an old friend of mine from high school contacted me on Myspace wanting to hang out sometime in the near future. Apparently she had liked me back in school, but never had the courage to tell me. Usually when something like this happens, I try to push the girl who's interested in me away because I feel that I'll be wasting her time and I don't want to have to burden girls with being seen in public with a scarred up guy like me. It's just very hard to believe anyone could be attracted to me when my skin is in bad shape.

But she persisted, and I decided to hang out with her because I really liked her as a person and we had some great times back in school, but I messaged her saying "You might be disappointed." Because my skin had gotten a bit worse since high school.

We met up the next day in this little mountain town that is like a hiking/nature lovers spot, I walked up to her feeling terrible about how I look, and the first thing she said was "I'm not disappointed. You're beautiful." and she actually touched my scarred cheek.

Even if it was a white lie or just her being nice, that was the kindest thing anyone has ever said about my skin and I'll never forget that.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:12 pm

98%

Seriously I think it's more 50%. lol

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:48 pm

We met up the next day in this little mountain town that is like a hiking/nature lovers spot, I walked up to her feeling terrible about how I look, and the first thing she said was "I'm not disappointed. You're beautiful." and she actually touched my scarred cheek.

Even if it was a white lie or just her being nice, that was the kindest thing anyone has ever said about my skin and I'll never forget that.

Great girl. Did it go anywhere?

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/29/2013 5:00 pm

Great girl. Did it go anywhere?

We ended up dating for awhile after that, but she was originally from Germany and about five months later she flew back there to be with her family. We definitely had some good times though.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/29/2013 6:07 pm

"That stuff on your face isn't very healthy". That's the kindest reaction I have ever had. The thing that got me is that she was taking me seriously though. These days I get no feedback about my looks whatsoever.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:34 pm

I guess when I'm asked "Why are you so down" and I have the balls to confide in a person that my acne scaring is killing me inside and their immediate reaction is "what acne scars?".

I think they are full of it, I mean its pretty obvious. My scars are severe (rolling, ice pick, boxcar...you name it) and I have a super oily face with red patches. It is awful but for whatever reason some people say they don't notice. I don't believe them but I don't argue. It makes me feel human for a few minutes if I get a reaction like that. If they are faking it or not I'll still take it. heh

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/30/2013 11:10 am

I don't think anyone has every said anything nice about my acne, honestly. People have said other nice things to me while having acne, though.

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 04/01/2013 12:21 am

My mom told me that even though I have acne, I look more handsome than the other guys my age who doesn't have acne.

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 04/01/2013 11:27 pm

I don't think anyone has every said anything nice about my acne, honestly. People have said other nice things to me while having acne, though.

I think this is very important to emphasize.

Skin is only one part of our being and there are other parts that make up our appearance. We become so over focused on our flaws, that we overlook the good aspects of ourselves. But when other people look at us, they can see both the good and the bad together, instead of just seeing the bad.

We're all beautiful in our own ways, even if we can't see it ourselves.