Notifications
Clear all

Story Of My Life

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 3:39 am

not really sure how to start..

im 20 and suffered acne since i was 13.

right now i finished 4 month of taking accutane and im starting my 5th month.. i think that after that ill stop taking it cuz i cant stand the side effects and i dont want any long term health damage..

before taking the accutane i had acne on my back, chest, shoulders.. and of course the face.

i have used all sorts of stuff like tropicals and creams and antibiotics that didnt really work.

for the 3-2 years before taking the accutane i used the tropical called benzamcyne (i might have spelled it wrong) which was not bad but not that affective, defenetly not in the long run...

so the reason i decided to start taking accutane is that even though my acne on the face wasnt that bad at all kept getting from time to time really deep whiteheads that left scars no matter what, also had acne on places other than my face that i couldnt really take care.. and thought to myself that if i kept like that i will keep getting more and more scars.. and for how long will i use these damn creams that burn me in the sun and prevent me from sleeping? i wanted a real solution.

the one thing i truly regret the most in my life is not taking accutane when i was like 14-15, that might've saved my life.. i didnt take it then because all of what ive heard of the side effects and i was naive to think the acne will go away at some point..but now its to late.

today, i almost regret taking accutane but its too soon for me to know, cuz i still get acne on my face just like before almost as if it really didnt do anything. also like 2-1 month ago i had like alot of white stuff coming out which i wasnt sure if its just dyness or wtf.. but it left alot of scars in my nose and cheeks in addition to what i already had.. and of course theres all these nasty side effects and a risk for a serious health problem.

the only way this is gonna be worth it is if im gonna stop having acne in my face and extremly greasy skin , and then i can take care of the scars.

all the scars that i have grant me really shitty texture to my skin its always sicken me to see the difference between my cheeks and the small area around the eyes which is basicly perfect compared to it..

basiclly my cheecks and nose are fucked up, the forehead and sides are fucked but much less, and the chin is near perfect..

so to be honest im always depressed and thinking of suicide alot. the only thing that is keeping me is that i might rid myself of acne with the accutane and could do something bout the scars after, but if thats not gonna work and i could never get a chance to be happy with myself i might as well just end it.

right now im studying at the university, im on my 2nd year studying physics. i got really good grades ( my average is 95 ) even though im starting to lose interest in it as in everything else.. whats the point in any of this if ill never be happy because my face is fucked up...i can bet i would do even alot better if i didnt have so much shit on me and didnt spend half my time depressed.

i really basicly have no friends. theres poeple i see and talk to, but i defently consider none of them as my friends.

in highschool even though i had nasty acne i still was pretty popular and alot of poeple liked me, but i didnt have any "real friends" since i cant really develop a real connection with anyone when i kept refusing poeple's offer to go to places like partys and stuff untill they all stopped asking me...i never wanted to go anywhere when my face was shit and also not wash it after several hours it will get so extremly greasy and cause more acne.. i always tried to take the best care for my skin and didnt drink alchohol at all.

now i think the worst part of this social crippling of mine are the girls. when my face wasnt so bad around age 15 i actually had some girls into me, but at that time i was kinda stupid and didnt show much of an interest.. so nothing really happened with anyone. i really regret that as it was a great time to start..

now i find myself at 20 years of age, never had any gf and a virgin, and probally none of that in a near future.

whenever people start talking about relationships i always starting to feel bad. whenever anyone ask me about mine i make up some lame shit.

also as u might guess, theres barely any girls studying physics (maybe 5% females where i study) so theres not really much for me to do. all the lack of my experience doesnt help at all either, and its only gonna get worse..

one more thing is there was a time (a few years ago) i was training in the gym thinking that atleast i can get a good body, but guess what? i trained hard for like 2 years and even though i lifted really heavy weights i developed alot less muscle than i thought i would (i mean that on average i lifted like x 2 heavier than people that had more muscle than me, which means i have shitty genes , i did eat good and all) and gotten really nasty strech marks thats gonna stay forever in the hands and waist. this made me quit training forever.

to sum things up, i changed from a naive nice funny caring kid (say before i was 13), to a sad bitter cold empty and depressed flooded with negativity.

heres my view on life: everything is luck.

ur genes determined by luck.

who raises u and how rich are they is determine by luck.

what country ur born into and where u are raised is determined by luck.

so basiclly EVERYTHING thats gonna determine what a person is gonna be is determined by luck.

justice, fairness, equallity=bullshit that doesnt exist in this world.

god? an imaginary friend.

btw im not from the us and my native language isnt english, so u will have to exuse me about any mistakes. or not.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 03/25/2013 6:13 am

That's a bad way to look at life, think of your parents and those who love you. It helps me to know that we're not the only one in this, suffering from acne.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/25/2013 7:54 am

right now i finished 4 month of taking accutane and im starting my 5th month.. i think that after that ill stop taking it cuz i cant stand the side effects and i dont want any long term health damage..

before taking the accutane i had acne on my back, chest, shoulders.. and of course the face.

i have used all sorts of stuff like tropicals and creams and antibiotics that didnt really work.

for the 3-2 years before taking the accutane i used the tropical called benzamcyne (i might have spelled it wrong) which was not bad but not that affective, defenetly not in the long run...

so the reason i decided to start taking accutane is that even though my acne on the face wasnt that bad at all kept getting from time to time really deep whiteheads that left scars no matter what, also had acne on places other than my face that i couldnt really take care.. and thought to myself that if i kept like that i will keep getting more and more scars.. and for how long will i use these damn creams that burn me in the sun and prevent me from sleeping? i wanted a real solution.

the one thing i truly regret the most in my life is not taking accutane when i was like 14-15, that might've saved my life.. i didnt take it then because all of what ive heard of the side effects and i was naive to think the acne will go away at some point..but now its to late.

today, i almost regret taking accutane but its too soon for me to know, cuz i still get acne on my face just like before almost as if it really didnt do anything. also like 2-1 month ago i had like alot of white stuff coming out which i wasnt sure if its just dyness or wtf.. but it left alot of scars in my nose and cheeks in addition to what i already had.. and of course theres all these nasty side effects and a risk for a serious health problem.

the only way this is gonna be worth it is if im gonna stop having acne in my face and extremly greasy skin , and then i can take care of the scars.

all the scars that i have grant me really shitty texture to my skin its always sicken me to see the difference between my cheeks and the small area around the eyes which is basicly perfect compared to it..

basiclly my cheecks and nose are fucked up, the forehead and sides are fucked but much less, and the chin is near perfect..

so to be honest im always depressed and thinking of suicide alot. the only thing that is keeping me is that i might rid myself of acne with the accutane and could do something bout the scars after, but if thats not gonna work and i could never get a chance to be happy with myself i might as well just end it.

right now im studying at the university, im on my 2nd year studying physics. i got really good grades ( my average is 95 ) even though im starting to lose interest in it as in everything else.. whats the point in any of this if ill never be happy because my face is fucked up...i can bet i would do even alot better if i didnt have so much shit on me and didnt spend half my time depressed.

i really basicly have no friends. theres poeple i see and talk to, but i defently consider none of them as my friends.

in highschool even though i had nasty acne i still was pretty popular and alot of poeple liked me, but i didnt have any "real friends" since i cant really develop a real connection with anyone when i kept refusing poeple's offer to go to places like partys and stuff untill they all stopped asking me...i never wanted to go anywhere when my face was shit and also not wash it after several hours it will get so extremly greasy and cause more acne.. i always tried to take the best care for my skin and didnt drink alchohol at all.

now i think the worst part of this social crippling of mine are the girls. when my face wasnt so bad around age 15 i actually had some girls into me, but at that time i was kinda stupid and didnt show much of an interest.. so nothing really happened with anyone. i really regret that as it was a great time to start..

now i find myself at 20 years of age, never had any gf and a virgin, and probally none of that in a near future.

whenever people start talking about relationships i always starting to feel bad. whenever anyone ask me about mine i make up some lame shit.

also as u might guess, theres barely any girls studying physics (maybe 5% females where i study) so theres not really much for me to do. all the lack of my experience doesnt help at all either, and its only gonna get worse..

one more thing is there was a time (a few years ago) i was training in the gym thinking that atleast i can get a good body, but guess what? i trained hard for like 2 years and even though i lifted really heavy weights i developed alot less muscle than i thought i would (i mean that on average i lifted like x 2 heavier than people that had more muscle than me, which means i have shitty genes , i did eat good and all) and gotten really nasty strech marks thats gonna stay forever in the hands and waist. this made me quit training forever.

to sum things up, i changed from a naive nice funny caring kid (say before i was 13), to a sad bitter cold empty and depressed flooded with negativity.

so basiclly EVERYTHING thats gonna determine what a person is gonna be is determined by luck.

btw im not from the us and my native language isnt english, so u will have to exuse me about any mistakes. or not.

Yes we have acne and many of us have scars too, we can sympathize but you know what, your life could be a lot worse and in the end the only person that will feel sorry for you is yourself. You have the ability to control your life. I have acne but guys still like me, confidence in yourself I believe is much more important than perfect skin. You want to know something to feel bad about? I know a girl who was born with a genetic skin disorder where her skin just falls off, so she in a wheelchair and has to keep her skin wrapped in bandages 24/7. She's always in pain and at 17 she only has a year to live. You're only 20, you're still very young and you have to remember that it is only acne, your life could be a lot worse, so you should try to make the best of it, because clear skin probably won't be the cure-all for your happiness.

MemberMember
(@d90)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:38 am

Think of the things you should be grateful for. Do you have access to water? Well some in 3rd world countries have to treck miles in order to gain access to water. Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have a bed to sleep in? Get some gratitude up yaaaaaa woooo

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 7:29 pm

That's a bad way to look at life, think of your parents and those who love you. It helps me to know that we're not the only one in this, suffering from acne.

i know its not healthy but i cant help it no matter what i cant ever be positive. and also what ive said its completly true. its the ugly true about the world.

"..parents and those who love you.." - i honestly dont feel like anyone love me, and i dont love them at all.

in fact they keep giving me reasons to hate them all the time, if only i could i wouldnt live under thier roof, but i live in a lame country where u earn on average about 1/4 to 1/3 the sallarys u get in the us, but guess what? houses, cars, gas - cost like 3-2 times more on average than in the us.

my parents are old, they are 60 and still paying for thier only house. and they both work and always have worked and earn more than average.

i wish i had money so i would take off and never look back.

Yes we have acne and many of us have scars too, we can sympathize but you know what, your life could be a lot worse and in the end the only person that will feel sorry for you is yourself. You have the ability to control your life. I have acne but guys still like me, confidence in yourself I believe is much more important than perfect skin. You want to know something to feel bad about? I know a girl who was born with a genetic skin disorder where her skin just falls off, so she in a wheelchair and has to keep her skin wrapped in bandages 24/7. She's always in pain and at 17 she only has a year to live. You're only 20, you're still very young and you have to remember that it is only acne, your life could be a lot worse, so you should try to make the best of it, because clear skin probably won't be the cure-all for your happiness.

"you have the abillity to control you life" - im sorry but thats just bullshit. did i control what genes i get? did i control whos gonna raise me and where im born?

i really did my best to prevent scarring by taking the utmost care for my face, much more than all the other poeple who could wash in mud and shit and urine and get a much better skin than me- giving up social events and friends just to keep it better, never even dared touching it no matter what unless my hand was sterile and i needed to put a cream. didnt drink alchohol and didnt eat junk food. but guess what? it didnt prevent me from getting scarred alot, and when people see me i can bet they think i used to pick my pimples and mess my face and not take care of myself and eat unhealthy and judge me for it, when it couldnt be more farther from the truth, i really wanna shoot these people in the face.

and u keep saying "its just acne", so no, its not JUST ACNE, the main thing that bother me is the nasty scarring i have all over my face expect the chin thats gonna stay FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. a pimple is nothing compared to a pickaxe scar, and i have tons of these.

also when acne keep coming and then the scars can only get worse cuz the ones i have stay and only new ones can be added, how can i delude myself this is gonna get any better ever?

and btw from the pic u have i dont see any acne or scars at all but of course this isnt really a picture for that so i cant say much.

in addition, please lets dont tell me "looks doesnt matter" or any of this bullshit, becuase thats just equal to calling me a fucking idiot, in the modern world we live in looks matters ALOT. the more back u go in time the less looks is important. nowdays every idiot has facebook and 1000 pictures commenting on 1000000 pics of others. and thats just the part where the looks matter in the eyes of others.

theres also the part where one can never feel okay about having severe scars on his face, its not natrual, its ugly, disfiguring and he wasnt born this way. making u feel like a prisoner in ur own body. was it not enough to be betrayed by ur own body to suffer years from acne, lose ur childhood, now u have to live with ugly scars in ur face for the rest of ur life?

i might even suffer severe medical problems like liver problems because of taking accutane, but thats how desperate i am.

and yes, a person whos really good looking but will act like a nazi wont be accepted, but a person whos ugly is gonna get rejected before he even get the chance to do anything. do u honestly think that for example anyone would know who the hell is brad pitt is , if he was ugly? if yes, ur really naive.

now, i never claimed there isnt worse than where i am, but i compare myself to the entire population and not just 1 person, as one should do if he wanna compare properly. a guy with no legs isnt lucky because a guy with no legs and arms exist. thats just dumb.

Think of the things you should be grateful for. Do you have access to water? Well some in 3rd world countries have to treck miles in order to gain access to water. Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have a bed to sleep in? Get some gratitude up yaaaaaa woooo

u should realize u cant compare the need for food, to acne and scarring. and im not gonna be thankful when i see all the poeple around me are so much more lucky with richer parents and no skin problems while i keep suffering and no1 gives a shit.

MemberMember
(@foreverbold)

Posted : 03/25/2013 8:19 pm

I understand that you're trying to make the poster think beyond himself and appreciate his blessing by telling him that story about the girl who's skin falls off in the wheelchair (what condition is that? never heard of it) but understand that everyone has their own thresh hold for emotional pain, and telling him this story is unlikely to help.

To the original poster having acne may be the worst thing he can possibly endure, as worse to him as that girls condition is to her (despite the one being more severe than the other).

People used to tell me stories like this too, I guess they were trying put me in my place by telling me other people "have it worse" and that me having acne isn't that bad, but that didn't make me feel any worse or better as I had become so self focused and insecure about my own skin condition I couldn't think beyond myself.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/25/2013 9:15 pm

i know its not healthy but i cant help it no matter what i cant ever be positive. and also what ive said its completly true. its the ugly true about the world.

"..parents and those who love you.." - i honestly dont feel like anyone love me, and i dont love them at all.

in fact they keep giving me reasons to hate them all the time, if only i could i wouldnt live under thier roof, but i live in a lame country where u earn on average about 1/4 to 1/3 the sallarys u get in the us, but guess what? houses, cars, gas - cost like 3-2 times more on average than in the us.

my parents are old, they are 60 and still paying for thier only house. and they both work and always have worked and earn more than average.

>

"you have the abillity to control you life" - im sorry but thats just bullshit. did i control what genes i get? did i control whos gonna raise me and where im born?

i really did my best to prevent scarring by taking the utmost care for my face, much more than all the other poeple who could wash in mud and shit and urine and get a much better skin than me- giving up social events and friends just to keep it better, never even dared touching it no matter what unless my hand was sterile and i needed to put a cream. didnt drink alchohol and didnt eat junk food. but guess what? it didnt prevent me from getting scarred alot, and when people see me i can bet they think i used to pick my pimples and mess my face and not take care of myself and eat unhealthy and judge me for it, when it couldnt be more farther from the truth, i really wanna shoot these people in the face.

and u keep saying "its just acne", so no, its not JUST ACNE, the main thing that bother me is the nasty scarring i have all over my face expect the chin thats gonna stay FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. a pimple is nothing compared to a pickaxe scar, and i have tons of these.

also when acne keep coming and then the scars can only get worse cuz the ones i have stay and only new ones can be added, how can i delude myself this is gonna get any better ever?

and btw from the pic u have i dont see any acne or scars at all but of course this isnt really a picture for that so i cant say much.

in addition, please lets dont tell me "looks doesnt matter" or any of this bullshit, becuase thats just equal to calling me a fucking idiot, in the modern world we live in looks matters ALOT. the more back u go in time the less looks is important. nowdays every idiot has facebook and 1000 pictures commenting on 1000000 pics of others. and thats just the part where the looks matter in the eyes of others.

theres also the part where one can never feel okay about having severe scars on his face, its not natrual, its ugly, disfiguring and he wasnt born this way. making u feel like a prisoner in ur own body. was it not enough to be betrayed by ur own body to suffer years from acne, lose ur childhood, now u have to live with ugly scars in ur face for the rest of ur life?

i might even suffer severe medical problems like liver problems because of taking accutane, but thats how desperate i am.

and yes, a person whos really good looking but will act like a nazi wont be accepted, but a person whos ugly is gonna get rejected before he even get the chance to do anything. do u honestly think that for example anyone would know who the hell is brad pitt is , if he was ugly? if yes, ur really naive.

now, i never claimed there isnt worse than where i am, but i compare myself to the entire population and not just 1 person, as one should do if he wanna compare properly. a guy with no legs isnt lucky because a guy with no legs and arms exist. thats just dumb.

u should realize u cant compare the need for food, to acne and scarring. and im not gonna be thankful when i see all the poeple around me are so much more lucky with richer parents and no skin problems while i keep suffering and no1 gives a shit.

I never said most of the things you are saying, and if you want to talk about scarring, I was born with acne on my face and suffered scarring as an infant on my cheeks and was teased throughout my whole adolescence about them, always having kids ask me what's on my face and I still get cystic acne today and have to go to the dermatologist regularly to keep my acne under control. Your acne is causing you mental illness and you should seek behavioral therapy. Hopefully accutane does work for you, but it may not, and if does not work then you should be persistant about finding doctors that will help you. Also you should watch some of Brad Pitt's earlier movies, he actually had severe acne and had to to take accutane and in his earlier films you can see his acne scarring. All I'm saying is you're not the only person in the world who suffers. You can't allow acne to control your life or define who you are.

I understand that you're trying to make the poster think beyond himself and appreciate his blessing by telling him that story about the girl who's skin falls off in the wheelchair (what condition is that? never heard of it) but understand that everyone has their own thresh hold for emotional pain, and telling him this story is unlikely to help.

To the original poster having acne may be the worst thing he can possibly endure, as worse to him as that girls condition is to her (despite the one being more severe than the other).

People used to tell me stories like this too, I guess they were trying put me in my place by telling me other people "have it worse" and that me having acne isn't that bad, but that didn't make me feel any worse or better as I had become so self focused and insecure about my own skin condition I couldn't think beyond myself.

Ok... and when you are in that type of emotional pain you should be seeking help medically.

It's called Epidermolysis bullosa.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 9:53 pm

>>>

I never said most of the things you are saying, and if you want to talk about scarring, I was born with acne on my face and suffered scarring as an infant on my cheeks and was teased throughout my whole adolescence about them, always having kids ask me what's on my face and I still get cystic acne today and have to go to the dermatologist regularly to keep my acne under control. Your acne is causing you mental illness and you should seek behavioral therapy. Hopefully accutane does work for you, but it may not, and if does not work then you should be persistant about finding doctors that will help you. Also you should watch some of Brad Pitt's earlier movies, he actually had severe acne and had to to take accutane and in his earlier films you can see his acne scarring. All I'm saying is you're not the only person in the world who suffers. You can't allow acne to control your life or define who you are.

Ok... and when you are in that type of emotional pain you should be seeking help medically.

It's called Epidermolysis bullosa.

look, first of all ive said that FROM THE SOLE PICTURE U HAVE u cant see there any scars or acne. its a fact. i also stated u may still have it since this photo isnt really a clear closeup.

now about the example of brad pitt, it was a fucking EXAMPLE, u really missing the point of everything ive said sticking into small unimportant stuff , so he may have suffered acne, the point is that now hes famous for his looks, and he has a flawless face. would he be famous like that if he was ugly? NO. and again it was just an EXAMPLE hes not the fucking point.

MemberMember
(@foreverbold)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:05 pm

WTF? lol Brad Pitt never had severe acne, even in his early roles his skin looked like every other celebrities; smooth and flawless. The point is irrelevant regardless.

Brad%20Pitt%20Hair.jpg

Nonsense.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 11:07 pm

WTF? lol Brad Pitt never had severe acne, even in his early roles his skin looked like every other celebrities; smooth and flawless. The point is irrelevant regardless.

Brad%20Pitt%20Hair.jpg

Nonsense.

lol..

melmel wanna explain urself...?

or its not to far fetched to assume everything u say is pure horseshit..

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:28 am

Melmel is/was only trying to help. Don't be rude.

I think the whole "there are people who have it worse" thing is really about becoming more aware and subsequently perhaps more appreciative of what you do have. Many people focus on what they don't have all the time, becoming depressed just because they don't have a perfect life. But if you take a step back and look at your life in the context of the big picture you'd see that it's a lottery and you might be luckier than you think.

That said you are right when you say that regardless it remains painful to realize that the quality of your life has been lowered and certain options are not available to you. But it is also true I think that things could improve a lot still if you tackle the "emotional problems". If you find a degree of acceptance for instance you can be more open and more relaxed whilst being in social situations which will have a genuinely positive effect. And so forth.

I will also say that there are many people with physical issues greater than yours who are living full lives. So you shouldn't assume too soon that you will always be rejected by people just because of your acne scarring as it's just not true. You see? That's for instance one of the misconceptions that can be in people's minds making them depressed (which is understandable) while, like I said, they are wrong in thinking this.

I think if you were to try to give more people the benefit of the doubt you'd be pleasantly surprised. It all doesn't hinge on not having scarring. In certain circles it may but certainly not everywhere.

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 03/26/2013 4:01 am

yo mazgan I can't possibly be able to relate to your life, because so much has happened to you that I will never know or can never fathom. I too suffer from acne and it's probably not as serious as yours but I do understand the emotional toll it takes on you. I mean people can't really control how you feel right? Honestly to everyone else that says that he shouldn't act like that yeah it's great for you tell him that but shit you can't expect him to feel that way just cause you tell him he should be more confident (which you should be mazgan cause without acne i'd just tell you to be more confident as well). You think this kid is gonna go out tommorow and be confident about himself after reading all these posts? This is why I really hate acne, seeing posts like this is heartbreaking to me. Give the man a break he's suffering, some people have depression without acne but now the question is what can you do? So I'm telling you this mazgan don't let it make you suffer and dont ever do some stupid shit as to contemplate suicide. You want a friend? Message me I'll be your friend tell me all your problems bro I will listen man. It's more important for you to get through this together with someone else you know? And even tho I do not know you in person I do not want there to be a chance where I WILL NEVER GET TO KNOW YOU in person. The best thing you can do right now, is continue what you got going for you. Your a smart man 95? Physics dont ever let acne let you lose interest in what you want to do bro. I'm done replying to this but if you ever need anyone to talk to man message me. I'll be your e-buddy for life!

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 03/26/2013 5:08 am

I saw a lot of myself in the op. From having only a few girls in my engineering classes to lifting more than people, yet still being smaller than them. You shouldn't just give up though. Yes, luck determines the situation we are born into, but you decide what you do in that situation. I don't know how or why they do it, but some people are just driven to accomplish things, like they are internally motivated. This made me think of Arnold Schwarzenegger. We shouldn't really want to be like him, but he was a man who got what he wanted. He was born kind of poor and living in Austria, but he took his situation and became a champion bodybuilder, famous actor, and governor of California. And there's plenty of other people who are born into poor circumstances, yet end up doing very well in life. So it's not all luck. You can have some influence on your life too.

About the accutane, how well is it working and what are your side effects? I'm taking 40mg right now and I look decent, and I don't have many side effects. Maybe instead of quitting, you can just lower the dosage. A lot of people who quit too early because of side effects have their acne come back right away, and you wouldn't want that.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/26/2013 11:45 am

Brad%20Pitt%20Hair.jpg

Nonsense.

lol..

I'm perfectly happy explaining myself. Go watch the movie "Se7en" but in this picture you can clearly see his acne scarring. He had surgery to get it fixed.

Brad_Pitt_7.jpg

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/26/2013 2:37 pm

Melmel is/was only trying to help. Don't be rude.

I think the whole "there are people who have it worse" thing is really about becoming more aware and subsequently perhaps more appreciative of what you do have. Many people focus on what they don't have all the time, becoming depressed just because they don't have a perfect life. But if you take a step back and look at your life in the context of the big picture you'd see that it's a lottery and you might be luckier than you think.

That said you are right when you say that regardless it remains painful to realize that the quality of your life has been lowered and certain options are not available to you. But it is also true I think that things could improve a lot still if you tackle the "emotional problems". If you find a degree of acceptance for instance you can be more open and more relaxed whilst being in social situations which will have a genuinely positive effect. And so forth.

I will also say that there are many people with physical issues greater than yours who are living full lives. So you shouldn't assume too soon that you will always be rejected by people just because of your acne scarring as it's just not true. You see? That's for instance one of the misconceptions that can be in people's minds making them depressed (which is understandable) while, like I said, they are wrong in thinking this.

I think if you were to try to give more people the benefit of the doubt you'd be pleasantly surprised. It all doesn't hinge on not having scarring. In certain circles it may but certainly not everywhere.

i have seen people with physical issues greater than mine, and they defently NOT living "full lives".

and also , usually those poeple ur reffering got thier injuried or whatever from doing something really stupid and its a result of thier own actions, thats not luck , not something genetic that was forced on them no matter what they did in a slow and painful process since childhood. u cant compare these too.

those who did get something this bad from bad luck are really a small number of people who are really fucked and not living full lives at all.

u think just cuz u saw one of these people once and he was happy that means anything? u clearly have no idea how he really is in his life and how could he be without him getting so fucked, and thats also just one person that doesnt say anything bout the rest.

the problem with "poeple" isnt really with all people, its defently mainly with the opposite sex, there it affect the most.

having nasty scars all over ur face is gonna fuck u up with the opposite sex, and also make u embarrased bout ur face in bright light, and alot more other unpleasant shit. theres no "getting over it" or "giving the benefit of the doubt to people" on that.. its a fact thats not gonna change.

yo mazgan I can't possibly be able to relate to your life, because so much has happened to you that I will never know or can never fathom. I too suffer from acne and it's probably not as serious as yours but I do understand the emotional toll it takes on you. I mean people can't really control how you feel right? Honestly to everyone else that says that he shouldn't act like that yeah it's great for you tell him that but shit you can't expect him to feel that way just cause you tell him he should be more confident (which you should be mazgan cause without acne i'd just tell you to be more confident as well). You think this kid is gonna go out tommorow and be confident about himself after reading all these posts? This is why I really hate acne, seeing posts like this is heartbreaking to me. Give the man a break he's suffering, some people have depression without acne but now the question is what can you do? So I'm telling you this mazgan don't let it make you suffer and dont ever do some stupid shit as to contemplate suicide. You want a friend? Message me I'll be your friend tell me all your problems bro I will listen man. It's more important for you to get through this together with someone else you know? And even tho I do not know you in person I do not want there to be a chance where I WILL NEVER GET TO KNOW YOU in person. The best thing you can do right now, is continue what you got going for you. Your a smart man 95? Physics dont ever let acne let you lose interest in what you want to do bro. I'm done replying to this but if you ever need anyone to talk to man message me. I'll be your e-buddy for life!

thanks.

but sadly theres not really much to talk about - the scars and acne are there and theres nothing more i , u, or anyone else can do about it.

I saw a lot of myself in the op. From having only a few girls in my engineering classes to lifting more than people, yet still being smaller than them. You shouldn't just give up though. Yes, luck determines the situation we are born into, but you decide what you do in that situation. I don't know how or why they do it, but some people are just driven to accomplish things, like they are internally motivated. This made me think of Arnold Schwarzenegger. We shouldn't really want to be like him, but he was a man who got what he wanted. He was born kind of poor and living in Austria, but he took his situation and became a champion bodybuilder, famous actor, and governor of California. And there's plenty of other people who are born into poor circumstances, yet end up doing very well in life. So it's not all luck. You can have some influence on your life too.

About the accutane, how well is it working and what are your side effects? I'm taking 40mg right now and I look decent, and I don't have many side effects. Maybe instead of quitting, you can just lower the dosage. A lot of people who quit too early because of side effects have their acne come back right away, and you wouldn't want that.

i dont think arnold is a good example at all, im not sure he was born poor, and also the main thing is he got so successful because of his awesome genes. he wouldnt get anywhere in bodybuilding and be famous if he had shitty genes.

i have taken it for about 120 days already, i think ill quit after 5 month. thats not too soon i think.

also whats crappy is that theres alot of sun where i live and i cant avoid being exposed when i need to go anywhere.

Brad%20Pitt%20Hair.jpg

Nonsense.

lol..

I'm perfectly happy explaining myself. Go watch the movie "Se7en" but in this picture you can clearly see his acne scarring. He had surgery to get it fixed.

Brad_Pitt_7.jpg

i think ive seen enough of him, and im defently not gonna watch any of his films right now.

about the picture, he is shown in an intense light where u can see every little flaw in his face, and he barely have anything! i dont see acne, and those few small cuts doesnt even look like acne scars. if thats the worst u could find on his skin, u clearly have no idea about serious acne or acne scarring.

also, the fact that u tell me he had surgery over this minor thing just proves my point. he looks great and have this minor thing, yet its TOO MUCH to perform ? just proves that if he had severe acne/ scarring he wouldnt be where he is today. u just proved my point.

just ask urself how many famous actors and singers u know with severe acne/ scarring (brad pitt defently isnt in this category), compared to how many that have severe acne/scarring ?

if u will be anything close to being objective, u will get my point.

i think we've both made our points, so please dont show anymore pics of him.

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 03/26/2013 4:47 pm

If your not willing to accept peoples opinions and want to bash everyones post, then idk what your looking for by posting on here. So to do you a favor and save you the trouble this will be my last post on this topic. I think what makes a person stronger is the ability to be able to win their own personal battles. Acne man FUCK ACNE. And yeah posting up pictures of good looking celebrities does not make people with acne feel better, I mean he's successful now but I'm not gonna make him my role model just cause he has flawless skin and feel better about myself HA!. I honestly wouldn't give two shits about him besides his sometimes great acting.

As for your acne is still there yes, but you can do something about and it's more than just coming on forums and posting that theirs no hope, because it already shows everyone that you gave up. But never mind what other people think how about you? Do you honestly really wanna give up on your acne when it affects you so much? Make some money, think about the future get laser surgery for your scars cause that's what I am planning to do if I ever had the money. You can do it man. Don't give up. Your a young boy 20 years old, there is so much potential left in your life. You have acne and yes it hurts but what hurts yourself more is by giving up, having a positive outlook helps because its the only thing you can have.

I mean what do you do at home you play any games on the computer? Maybe we share some interest, I find that keeping my mind off acne helps me because I'm not thinking about how much torment it causes me. Because beating acne it's not gonna happen overnight thats for dam ass sure, and all we can do is keep trying to fight it and thats how I live my life to the fullest against acne.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:05 pm

Having nasty scars all over your face is going to fuck you up with the opposite sex. It is a fact that's not going to change.

I know better.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 03/26/2013 9:14 pm

Ok no example is perfect, but the point is people who are motivated to achieve will do so. Your life isn't determined just by your genes and class when you are born. I'm sure plenty of other people had genes just as good as Arnold, but they didn't accomplish nearly as much as he did. The difference between those people and Arnold is that he had a lot of determination and willpower. If someone has the best genes ever, but all they do is sit on the couch wishing their life was better, they would still have a pretty bad life. Your attitude and determination have a huge effect on your life; it's not just luck.

i dont think arnold is a good example at all, im not sure he was born poor, and also the main thing is he got so successful because of his awesome genes. he wouldnt get anywhere in bodybuilding and be famous if he had shitty genes.

i have taken it for about 120 days already, i think ill quit after 5 month. thats not too soon i think.

also whats crappy is that theres alot of sun where i live and i cant avoid being exposed when i need to go anywhere.