Notifications
Clear all

Lol You Know What's Really Discouraging?

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 01/24/2013 7:04 am

1. When I meet homeless people with dirt and dust all in their hair and face and it's obvious they haven't touched a bar of soup in years, yet they still have better skin than me. Like, I will gladly make a trade off where I'm homeless and have to live in my car for a few months if it I get rewarded by never having acne ever again lol.

2. When during the breaks, you catch up with old friends that had bad acne last time you saw them and now their skin is flawless and you still have the same ol' acne.

Getting real tired of your shit, acne.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/24/2013 8:17 am

A-fucking-men!

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/24/2013 3:04 pm

I totally get that...

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 01/26/2013 11:07 am

Omg I have never seen a homeless person with acne wtf

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 01/30/2013 12:07 pm

1. When I meet homeless people with dirt and dust all in their hair and face and it's obvious they haven't touched a bar of soup in years, yet they still have better skin than me. Like, I will gladly make a trade off where I'm homeless and have to live in my car for a few months if it I get rewarded by never having acne ever again lol.

2. When during the breaks, you catch up with old friends that had bad acne last time you saw them and now their skin is flawless and you still have the same ol' acne.

Y'all are making me LOL.. thx. It's a nice break from this acne stress!!!

I have a theory about the homeless... it has to do with Vitamin D. The homeless are always outside... so they get plenty of sunshine, right? Therefore they must have really great Vitamin D levels...

homeless + always outside = lots of sunshine absorbed by the body = high levels of Vitamin D = clear skin????

MemberMember
(@drth)

Posted : 01/30/2013 2:30 pm

Y'all are making me LOL.. thx. It's a nice break from this acne stress!!!

I have a theory about the homeless... it has to do with Vitamin D. The homeless are always outside... so they get plenty of sunshine, right? Therefore they must have really great Vitamin D levels...

homeless + always outside = lots of sunshine absorbed by the body = high levels of Vitamin D = clear skin????

I think it's to do with zinc + serotonin + melatonin production... there was a thread about this

MemberMember
(@lady_c)

Posted : 02/01/2013 7:46 am

I have a point, I remember when I was a student at university. We had a lot of homeless people surrounding our campus, because the building weren't too far from the town centre. Sometimes they would ask for "spare change" as unkempt as they looked, they never had a pimple let alone acne.

I've had countless situations when I've seen somebody either online or in the street who used to have bad acne only to now have flawless skin. It evokes a feeling of shame and guilt I wonder how they managed to supercede me. I feel like I'm the last one standing, acne is an exhausting battle.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 02/01/2013 8:03 am

I get discouraged by people eating junk food, sleeping in dirty sheets, girls sleeping with their makeup on, having a lot of stress just like any of us, and still - not a fucking spot on their faces. Arghhhhhhh!!! I always watch people around me in a subway, some girls have such a flawless skin it's ridiculous. And obviously not even wearing make up. Their skin is just radiant, smooth, even, wtf........

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 02/01/2013 9:09 am

I don't find any of the above discouraging at all.

For me, acne is just apart of who i am. Not point worrying about it all the time, i control it the best i can. That is all i can do. Might as well just smile and enjoy the people and things around us.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 02/01/2013 12:17 pm

I don't find any of the above discouraging at all.

For me, acne is just apart of who i am. Not point worrying about it all the time, i control it the best i can. That is all i can do. Might as well just smile and enjoy the people and things around us.

Damn, I envy you if you really control yourself that well. Because I just can't think of acne as a part of me, it will always be an intruder.