Notifications
Clear all

You Think You Got It Bad?

MemberMember
(@tonyx)

Posted : 01/22/2013 6:14 am

So, it's been awhile approximately 4 years since I've been here. A little about myself, I had REALLY REALLY BAD ACNE. Old post can be found here or below in the quote. I still suffer from mild breakouts here and there, but nothing like before.

I went to basic training and advance individual training for the army, which was when I started to really break out (June 2007 - October 2007), came back and started my first year of college in January 2008. The pictures taken in April was pretty much what I looked like when I returned from training. In all honesty, I DID NOT think my acne was bad at all! I was living my life the way I always do, enjoying every moment, I never felt depressed or anything of that sort. I didn't even know how bad my acne was until I stumbled upon this website and posted pictures asking for an alternative treatment to what I was already doing. Even after finding out how bad it was, it did not change me one bit, only thing that changed was me starting Accutane.

Long story short, Accutane did wonders for my skin, and I did not suffer from any emotional or psychological issues. I'm going though some posts and looking at people's picture with acne, and I think to myself that's NOT BAD AT ALL!!!!

If you think you have it bad, someone else out there always has it worst.. (This is true in life)

Don't let how you look dictate how you live your life, enjoy your life, seriously.

Hope is a hard habit to break.

-Tony

Front

[April 14, 2008]

--

[October 22, 2008]

Left

[April 14, 2008]

--

[October 22, 2008]

Right

[April 14, 2008]

--

[October 22, 2008]

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 01/22/2013 10:15 am

Wow, big improvements! Are you dealing with acne scars now? I hate these scars that I have >_<

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/22/2013 10:46 am

Hey man I have basically the same story as you. I had my acne under control until I went to Basic training then it got bad. I then took Accutane and it cleared me completely. A few months later I deployed to Afghanistan and Im right back where I started...

MemberMember
(@tonyx)

Posted : 01/22/2013 12:28 pm

Wow, big improvements! Are you dealing with acne scars now? I hate these scars that I have >_<

Yes, still dealing with acne scars and minor breakouts here. I didn't do much for the redness/scars after I finished Accutane, besides letting time heal it, now it's been over 4 years. Maybe too late to start but I came back to find some treatment for the scars and remarks that haven't cleared.

Hey man I have basically the same story as you. I had my acne under control until I went to Basic training then it got bad. I then took Accutane and it cleared me completely. A few months later I deployed to Afghanistan and Im right back where I started...

Goodluck! Hopefully Accutane clears everything up for you and keeps it away this time! I deployed to Iraq in early 2011, aprox. ~3 years after I finished Accutane, fortunately for me I only had minor breakouts while I was over there, nothing a little minocycline couldn't handle.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:09 pm

How did you manage to go about your daily routines without it letting effect you? where you not harassed about it? From my personal experience especially in high school, i would just suck it up but even then i still missed a lot of day's and spent many a summers caching up to get my diploma. But i can only take so much. today i rather weight then have to deal with all the shit again. it's preventing me from doing the things i want to. how did you do it?

MemberMember
(@tonyx)

Posted : 01/23/2013 4:45 am

How did you manage to go about your daily routines without it letting effect you? where you not harassed about it? From my personal experience especially in high school, i would just suck it up but even then i still missed a lot of day's and spent many a summers caching up to get my diploma. But i can only take so much. today i rather weight then have to deal with all the shit again. it's preventing me from doing the things i want to. how did you do it?

Yeah, people would give you sh*t about your acne from time to time, so what?

The first reason as to why I didn't let acne dictate my life. I didn't care what other people thought of how I looked, looks wasn't going to get me a job, or a college degree. These idiots are going no where with their life. I'm in the military, going to attend college, and become successful.

The second reason as to why I didn't let acne dictate my life. I am thankful for the life I have been given. No, I'm not a religious person, I don't go to church, and I don't identify with any religion, but I'm not an atheist, so you can consider me as agnostic. As mentioned in my first post..

If you think you have it bad, someone else out there always has it worst.. (This is true in life)

I fully understand that my life could have been significantly different if certain circumstances were changed, such as family income, status, medical illnesses, location, etc. i.e What if I was born in Vietnam and stayed there, instead of being born in Canada and moved to the United States. My quality of life would've been significantly different, I probably wouldn't even be on these forums, probably wouldn't even have internet.

Long story short, I am thankful for the life I have been given and refuse to let looks dictate how I live my life or my attitude.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/23/2013 2:00 pm

Hey that's cool nice to meet a fellow agnostic! i recently ided myself as that a couple months ago. kind of a rare belief, but that's just for now i say. because the whole idea makes a lot of sense i'm sure more and more people will continue to accept this idea. No man can tell you what a god is lol. just like an ant can tell you what man is impossible to really know for sure. so i take it your agnostic-theist? i some times change between that and agnostic-atheist but an agnostic none the less!

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/24/2013 5:10 am

So, it's been awhile approximately 4 years since I've been here. A little about myself, I had REALLY REALLY BAD ACNE. Old post can be found here or below in the quote. I still suffer from mild breakouts here and there, but nothing like before.

I went to basic training and advance individual training for the army, which was when I started to really break out (June 2007 - October 2007), came back and started my first year of college in January 2008. The pictures taken in April was pretty much what I looked like when I returned from training. In all honesty, I DID NOT think my acne was bad at all! I was living my life the way I always do, enjoying every moment, I never felt depressed or anything of that sort. I didn't even know how bad my acne was until I stumbled upon this website and posted pictures asking for an alternative treatment to what I was already doing. Even after finding out how bad it was, it did not change me one bit, only thing that changed was me starting Accutane.

Long story short, Accutane did wonders for my skin, and I did not suffer from any emotional or psychological issues. I'm going though some posts and looking at people's picture with acne, and I think to myself that's NOT BAD AT ALL!!!!

Don't let how you look dictate how you live your life, enjoy your life, seriously.

Hope is a hard habit to break.

-Tony

Front

[April 14, 2008]

--

[October 22, 2008]

Left

[April 14, 2008]

--

[October 22, 2008]

Right

[April 14, 2008]

--

[October 22, 2008]

Wow.

Full credit to you for letting this stopping you living.

I always say. It's not acne itself it's how we react to it.

Happy you got clear.

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 01/30/2013 4:56 am

Good job for keeping your chin up through the process, very inspirational :)