Notifications
Clear all

So Hard To Stay Motivated 🙁

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:59 pm

Hey everyone, feeling low again sad.png, my skin is already bad, acne everywhere, those big under the skin spots coming out on my chin, and my skin tone is completely ruined sad.png, i also hate my massive pores everywhere, forehead, cheeks, nose...everywhere sad.png, acne all up my back, legs, trying to control what i eat to see if i can beat it, then become completely demoralized when i see someone eating and drinking what they want, being a social butterfly, having everyone around them, being supremely confident, skin being perfect, i am so depressed it is unreal, well depressed is what i was about a year ago, it is much, much worse now, all i do is, sleep, work, sleep, work sad.png, friends asking me to go out at the weekend with them, (not been out in nearly 1 year, because of my skin), me having to lie that i am working and can't rather than say the truth, talked with my parents earlier who said that nothing is wrong with my skin, but they are you're parents they really have to say that and knowing how badly i feel about my skin try to cheer me up, it makes me happy but then sad that they feel they need to cheer me up and that i have been effecting them by being this shell of myself for the past nearly 2 years, and now that it is winter my acne is getting much, much worse, my face is actually burning because i was out in the cold to go to and get back from work, why can't i just be clear, seriously i would be so happy and it would be such a release to be clear again, it's all i think about and what i want to do when i get clear, then i see people, idiotic people on facebook drinking nearly every weekend and having utterly clear poreless flawless skin, i've wasted my teenage years, then i see girls with idiot guys that i know just from looking at them that they will just use the girl, then the girls think they have the best boyfriend ever, im only 20, but i feel mentally about the age 45-50, i just don't act the same way or think the same way people my age do, i think about things before i do them and how it will effect people and try my best not to bother people and get on with it, but lately i can't control the depression, it is so rapid it is scaring me, literally i go from thinking 'if i do this and keep up my diet i will be clear and can live again' one minute to then seeing someone who has the skin i want and wasting it, eating junk, drinking soda and not having to deal with any consequences, the only thing that makes me happy anymore is my family, because they are the only people i with all honesty know don't care how my skin looks as i am still their son, and my little sister doesn't bother either and constantly wants me to watch movies with her smile.png, i just wish i could be clear, i've learned so much through my struggles with acne, humility, the fact that i will never judge anyone who has a skin condition like me, whereas other clear skinned people will, watching movies also makes me happy, it's like an escape from reality, i went to the movies to see the new twilight film the other day (yeah i'm a guy and like the series, so what it's amazing!), and can't help but look at edward and jacob....robert and taylor, and think how clear their skin is, especially taylor as he is only 19-20 and his skin is literally amazing, you always feel a little down after it though going back to reality haha, went to the doctor a few weeks ago, i have literally tried every antibiotic there is, topicals have no effect anymore, tried to plead my case for accutane after seeing how 2 of my friends got utterly flawless skin through it, to not even be listened to, got halfway through my story and basically got told to shut up by the gp, i don' think they realise how depressed i am, no-one does, i don't show anyone it, i put on a face for everyone, except when i'm alone i can be myself, i am awaiting an appointment with the psychiatrist but i honestly have no idea what to expect, i also ironically haha just passed my introduction to psychology course a few days ago, it is the one thing acne will not stop me doing - learning and studying hard, the person i look to for inspiration for that, a fictional character - Dr Spencer Reid from criminal minds, guy is a genius and makes being a nerdy type amazing, i don't know if it's sad or not to take inspiration from people in tv shows, but it doesn't feel like it to me, they just inspire me smile.png, also a song that i love right now, from twilight!!, this song is seriously amazing, give it a listen, makes me think i might not be alone for the rest of my life and that i can beat acne with time, sorry for ranting, but i had to get my feelings out of my head

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 1:21 pm

I completely understand you. I see people eating fast food and looking absolutely gorgeous and here I am on my limited diet and super intensive probiotics program and still dealing with terrible skin. It makes me want to commit suicide. Life is unimaginably, unbelieveably, ridiculously, disgustingly unfair, isn't it? :(

Please don't do accutane. So many people have their acne return after using it. Go over to the diet and nutrition forum (on this site) and check out the gut healing thread by whitefox. A lot of us around here are doing that program now. I'm not sure if it's going to work for me but I am seeing some improvement in my skin.

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 01/03/2013 4:14 am

I love watching movies for that reason too. I really agree about family always being there for you, it's so nice that they talk to you normally and love you even with acne. It is weird how we can't be ourselves with other people, but when we're by ourselves it's almost relieving that we can relax and not be insecure about anything. Congrats on your psychology pass! & your doctor sounds like a complete a-hole. You need to find another doctor ASAP and go on Accutane!!! Please.

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 01/30/2013 6:22 pm

Thanks for posting dejaclairvoyant and knittings, there are 3 gp's in my doctors surgery place, and all 3 of them refuse even when i'm practically begging, they told me no, that my skin isn't bad enough for it, i tried to explain about being put on a low dose, i got halfway through saying it when she said 'listen no your not getting it' i can't believe how angry i got, i hate doctors now through my experiences and have learned that really they don't know much more than we do, they are useless, i can find out more than they know by reading online, got to love the contradictorary statements they make though, i mentioned diet playing a role in acne to get told these exact words 'no it doesn't but if you find a particular food breaks you out, don't eat it' UMM EXCUSE ME BUT THAT MEANS DIET DOES EFFECT IT, god i am so angry and what makes it worse is that i am alone most of the time, hate my job, hate my life, and i'm pretty sure i have clinical depression, although i don't want to go to a doctor to get diagnsosed with this as i don't want it to effect future jobs :(, my life is one big pile of shit :(

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 01/30/2013 6:54 pm

Thanks for posting dejaclairvoyant and knittings, there are 3 gp's in my doctors surgery place, and all 3 of them refuse even when i'm practically begging, they told me no, that my skin isn't bad enough for it, i tried to explain about being put on a low dose, i got halfway through saying it when she said 'listen no your not getting it' i can't believe how angry i got, i hate doctors now through my experiences and have learned that really they don't know much more than we do, they are useless, i can find out more than they know by reading online, got to love the contradictorary statements they make though, i mentioned diet playing a role in acne to get told these exact words 'no it doesn't but if you find a particular food breaks you out, don't eat it' UMM EXCUSE ME BUT THAT MEANS DIET DOES EFFECT IT, god i am so angry and what makes it worse is that i am alone most of the time, hate my job, hate my life, and i'm pretty sure i have clinical depression, although i don't want to go to a doctor to get diagnsosed with this as i don't want it to effect future jobs sad.png, my life is one big pile of shit sad.png

If anything still makes you laugh then you don't have clinical depression. Only until nothing effects affects you in any positive way for two weeks straight you have some kind of depression. That's the official criteria, so I've been told.