Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Guilty About Not Having Acne

MemberMember
(@srotriya)

Posted : 11/19/2012 5:51 pm

what if I didn't have acne- then I would feel guilty because other people are suffering and I'm not but I should be I was just lucky.

Hasn't anyone ever thought of that before? Doesn't anyone out there believe that things happen for a reason?

Why is one person born pretty and another born ugly, or with acne? One person born into a wealthy family and another born into a poor family?

Am I seriously the only one who thinks along these lines? Is that not logical?

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 11/19/2012 6:19 pm

If you want to feel guilty about something, there are FAR more important issues around the world that us 'privileged' folk do a great job of ignoring.

Do some research and perhaps your 'guilt' might lead you somewhere of worth.

MemberMember
(@lollypopfield)

Posted : 11/19/2012 6:31 pm

Its not about feeling guilty for not having something bad.

Its not about being thankful for not having something bad either. Like can you say, "I am thankful that I didn't get acne like those people"? No it would not sound modest or considerate.

I think its more about just accepting the way things are.

Accept it if you have a deformed body.

Accept it if you don't have a deformed body.

Everything happens for a reason.

MemberMember
(@srotriya)

Posted : 11/19/2012 7:17 pm

You know Rati, in all sincerity, after reading what you just wrote, I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

I wish I could only learn to accept things as they are and stop fretting about everything being imperfect.

I know that things can never and will never be perfect in my life. It is the sad truth that I must accept.