Notifications
Clear all

Do Girls Care About Whiteheads/clogged Pores On Guys?

MemberMember
(@smittystan555)

Posted : 11/14/2012 5:57 pm

Hey all,

This is mainly a question for the girls...anyone can answer though, I suppose:

So I have been dealing with a very mild form of acne. I have a bunch of little skin colored dots/barely raised bumps on my cheeks. I believe they are clogged pores/closed comedones/whiteheads..Well, I am very self conscious about them and constantly look at my face because I wish they weren't there and want to constantly see how they look on me. These things are very hard to see in most lighting and situations, however, you can see them at certain angles that the light hits my face and in poor lighting.

The best way I can describe this is..when i turn my face to the side and let the light kind of shine on the side of my face I can see a good amount of dots/specks across my cheeks..it's mostly on only one side of my face. I don't have real pimples..only these little itty bitty bumps.

Since you can't always see them, I figure it might not be a big deal and most people probably don't notice it. I probably notice it much more than anyone as I am constantly looking for them on my face, whereas other people are not. I'm a decent looking guy and stay in good shape and everything.

So my question is this: Would girls notice this issue I am having? If they probably do, would girls care much about it and think it makes me less attractive. I mean it's not real pimples and I don't have red blemishes all over my face.What's your take?

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 11/14/2012 6:02 pm

Depends on the girl. Everyone has individual standards and If it's noticeable, it will be noticed.

/Thread.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/14/2012 6:03 pm

I went out with a guy that, looking back on it, had severe acne. I say looking back on it because I only noticed it when he asked me for help treating it (he was one of those people that could smother themselves in sudacrem for a week and woke up with a clear face the lucky so and so).

I personally wouldn't care about acne on a guy as long as I found his facial features themselves attractive. I also couldn't care less about it when I was clear before I got my own mild acne, so it wouldn't be an empathy thing either. I actually like some scarring on a guy too.

Anybody worth their oxygen intake won't care about your skin that much. But it sounds like yours isn't noticeable anyway. And most people are more oblivious than we ourselves give them credit for.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/14/2012 7:54 pm

Hey all,

This is mainly a question for the girls...anyone can answer though, I suppose:

So I have been dealing with a very mild form of acne. I have a bunch of little skin colored dots/barely raised bumps on my cheeks. I believe they are clogged pores/closed comedones/whiteheads..Well, I am very self conscious about them and constantly look at my face because I wish they weren't there and want to constantly see how they look on me. These things are very hard to see in most lighting and situations, however, you can see them at certain angles that the light hits my face and in poor lighting.

The best way I can describe this is..when i turn my face to the side and let the light kind of shine on the side of my face I can see a good amount of dots/specks across my cheeks..it's mostly on only one side of my face. I don't have real pimples..only these little itty bitty bumps.

Since you can't always see them, I figure it might not be a big deal and most people probably don't notice it. I probably notice it much more than anyone as I am constantly looking for them on my face, whereas other people are not. I'm a decent looking guy and stay in good shape and everything.

So my question is this: Would girls notice this issue I am having? If they probably do, would girls care much about it and think it makes me less attractive. I mean it's not real pimples and I don't have red blemishes all over my face.What's your take?

Acne doesn't define a person.. A person can still be attractive and have acne. I've never even dated a guy that didn't get acne. Brad pitt had acne really bad and he still has acne scarring on his face but people never mention that and I don't think it ever affected him with women lol.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/15/2012 7:57 pm

depends on the girl, id probably notice since i think about my skin a lot, and if i had any reaction at all it would probably be more of a positive thing, like i would feel more comfortable. im pretty sure most girls wouldnt care, i dont know anyone who would make a big deal out of it

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 11/16/2012 12:09 am

Depends on the girl. Prior to having acne, I probably wouldn't notice. Now that I've had acne, I might notice, just because I look at my skin and other people's skin a lot. But, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker by any means. Whiteheads and clogged pores on almost everyone, if you look close enough. As long as someone has generally attractive facial features (eyes, lips, nose) then a few whiteheads or clogged pores isn't going to make them ugly.

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 11/17/2012 11:12 am

I once knew a girl who, when talking about me to her friend, was overheard quite openly saying, "He'd look alright if his skin wasn't so gross!"

That happened eight years ago and in many ways I have held on to that because there's always that thought in the back of my mind, wondering if people I meet will be like her. Unfortunately, I have actually met more people like that along the way.

I have also met people who have complimented me on other things and reassured me when I was down about my skin. I've even been getting to know someone who just last week was talking to me about those experiences and how I had let them hold me back. She told me that she wished she had known me back then because things might have gone differently for me. She also said, "Your skin could look like shit from head to toe and I'd still find you attractive". I never thought I'd hear that. Not so much about my skin anymore, given that I don't struggle with acne now, but I never thought I'd hear someone say that about me in general. I guess it does indeed depend on the person and you just have to seek them out, hopefully avoiding the superficial morons in the process.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:53 pm

I once knew a girl who, when talking about me to her friend, was overheard quite openly saying, "He'd look alright if his skin wasn't so gross!"

That happened eight years ago and in many ways I have held on to that because there's always that thought in the back of my mind, wondering if people I meet will be like her. Unfortunately, I have actually met more people like that along the way.

I have also met people who have complimented me on other things and reassured me when I was down about my skin. I've even been getting to know someone who just last week was talking to me about those experiences and how I had let them hold me back. She told me that she wished she had known me back then because things might have gone differently for me. She also said, "Your skin could look like shit from head to toe and I'd still find you attractive". I never thought I'd hear that. Not so much about my skin anymore, given that I don't struggle with acne now, but I never thought I'd hear someone say that about me in general. I guess it does indeed depend on the person and you just have to seek them out, hopefully avoiding the superficial morons in the process.

I really hate shallow women like that. They just bring down the reputation of the entire female race.

The problem is that, as a race, human beings will always hold on to the negatives more by instinct. Why? Because we're programmed to adapt and improve. The thing is, sometimes, we don't actually need to do either. The idiot being so negative about us does. But that instinct takes over and BAM, suddenly one insignificant comment outweighs any compliments we've ever received. Our brain goes into self-evaluating over drive.

Congratulations on meeting somebody of actual substancial value Paul. I've had people say that to me too - 'you could be covered in spots and I wouldn't care'. I've only ever met one person who said they liked me even *with* acne, not despite it. And I must admit I was really shocked.

I want to chuck.gif that girl now!

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 11/17/2012 1:57 pm

Well, girls who care about "looks" will bother them. However, a girl who don't go for looks, then she won't mind. If you're a good-looking person with acne, you're still a good-looking. Acne is something that won't stay on your skin for ever. At least we can treat scars with laser treatment or creams. I've seen a lot of attractive women with lots of zits.

MemberMember
(@blackstar85)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:35 pm

Before i got acne (adult sufferer) i went out with a guy who had mild/moderate acne didnt bother me at all cause he was still attractive and confident he'd make jokes about it all the time and althought it severly bothered him it never showed unless he was with me. He had great dress sense, good hairstyle and thee best personality which can all change how a person sees you. if ur confident it helps cause ur personality will shine thro but nah whiteheads are nothing :)) xx

MemberMember
(@lady_c)

Posted : 11/21/2012 10:26 am

My answer to your question is a matter of subjectivity. Lets explore this analogy, do all guys care if a girl has big breasts? of course some will and others won't. One female isn't the enitre represention of ALL women. In my experience, I've had the misfortune of being immersed in the company of superfical girls. Actually, my previous job hired a lot of materialistic girls, in fact they weren't even all that cute with horrible personalities. What happened was a few male co-workers inflated their egos to the point of conceitedness. I do recall eavesdropping on one of their conversations about guys. They countlessly rejected guys for being short or using "offensive aftershave" and on one occasion of the girls said she'd never kiss a guy that is prone to pimples, not even one zit. Needless to say, my ex colleagues were very young (22 - 23years old) and extremely shallow and I'm glad I no longer work in them, as the brainless conversations were becoming overbearing. Just keep in mind that not all girls are like this though, it's really a matter of individualism.

I personally wouldn't see clogged pores as a dealbreaker, as I've got older I appreciate others attributes in a man. A guy that is healthy, in fit form, ambitious, shares the same cultural values as myself and I'm a sucker for intellegence. These are just a few examples of the qualities I possess in a mate, if I were looking.