Notifications
Clear all

People Who Have Never Had Acne Are Usually So Ignorant About It

MemberMember
(@caitybunny)

Posted : 11/08/2012 8:10 am

They think that all of our problems would be solved if we simply "washed our faces" or "drank more water". Okay well I drank the actual eight glasses a day, use an acne facial cleanser given to me by my derm, I am on two different meds for it, and I eat a very healthy diet. People have no idea what they're talking about especially when they do not even know the person they are trying to give their "advice" to. It just frustrates me when people try to play dermatologist. Leave us alone. I also hate when people point out to me that my skin is bad. Umm...do they not think I know that already!? I mean seriously I always want to say "Thank you Captain Obvious". Oh and people say having a positive attitude about your acne will make it better. Well...that has not worked for me either. I am very glad I found this website a year or two ago. Makes me feel like I'm not so alone.

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 11/08/2012 9:25 am

I feel you. Sadly, there's a lot of people out there that like to act like they know everything about everything. It's not just acne, either. People seem to have opinions on everything these days, even though they don't have a clue about the subject.

The worst thing is, most forums are filled with people talking out of their arse. I just don't understand it... For example, I wouldn't sign up at a forum for Skydiving because I don't know a thing about Skydiving, and I certainly wouldn't be telling people how to skydive. Yet there seem to be loads of people on here, and other acne forums, that do not have a clue about acne or skin care, yet act like they have the answer to every acne related problem in the world.

I guess most just want to help, but they seem to forget that by posting useless information and nonsense solutions, they're actually doing the opposite of helping us.

People should get informed and think twice before getting involved in conversations about a subject they know little or nothing about.