Notifications
Clear all

Talking To A Woman Makes Me Feel Physically Sick!

MemberMember
(@omarcomin)

Posted : 09/30/2012 9:59 pm

I'm not really confident around woman i like, i'm pretty confident around women i don't find attractive but i'm not very good with women i do find attractive. I've only talked to women a handful of times in the past couple of years and that has only been when i've needed to (being served in a shop, job interviews, when i had a job and it was work related ect.)

About 3 years ago i became pretty good friends with a woman who i really liked (i don't think she has any idea i like her) about 2 years ago she had to move away for work and now she's coming back to live in my area. We kept in contact by texting and email and we've arranged to meet up in a month when she's back. The though of seeing her is making me feel physically sick . . . literally like i want to throw up! I used to get kind of nervous and sometimes tongue tied around her. After not seeing her for so long and not really interacting with women for so long i don't know how to handle it.

I go out about maybe 3 or 4 times a month. I've had about 2 full blown panick attacks. One was a few years ago when i had some friends i would go out clubbing with . After about 6 months of going out clubbing evry week i didn't go out for about 3 months and when I went out for a friends bithday as i was walking to the bus stop i was just suddenley over come with panick. I could hardly breathe or stand up and i thought i would be sick. I had this experience again a few months ago. A year earlier i dropped an application form in a shop and got talking to a beautiful woman behind the counter, i was pretty confident when talking to her, a vacancy came up in the shop again a few months ago so i dropped another application form in and i knew i might see the woman again. As i was walking to the shop i had the same feeling as before. I couldn't breathe and thought i was going to be sick, i was overwhlmed by how nauseous i felt. Luckily she wasn't there because i don't think i would have been able to face her.

Apologies for the long post and rambling it's just that i like the woman who i'm meeting up with soon so much and i've liked her for years and as it gets closer i'm getting more apprehensive about seeing her after such a long time. I'll be fairly alright until the day but i know when i walk out the door to go meet her i will probably be physiclly sick and so nervous i won't be able to handle it.

I'm sure lot's of people have had this experience when going on dates and i just wondered how you deal with it and go through with it?

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 09/30/2012 10:54 pm

This happens to me sometimes. Don't take this the wrong way, but some of us have a chemical imbalance in our brain that makes us get panic attacks and get more anxious than others. It sucks. I recommend you go see a therapist and get on some sort of medication. This is something you are born with. It's not just going to go away magically. I've been dealing with it since I was a little kid. Even when I didn't have any skin issues, I dealt wit panic attacks. I could count the number of times I would have to leave a situation or place because I was having a full blown panic attack.

I see a therapist on a weekly basis, and I take Prozac, and the occasional Xanax if I really need it. I recommend you see a therapist and get on some sort of anxiety medication. Good luck man.