Notifications
Clear all

I Cant Take This Anymore.

MemberMember
(@opalfine)

Posted : 07/02/2012 6:06 pm

I know probably no one cares to hear yet another stupid sob story but I just cant deal with this anymore. Ive had acne since seventh grade and I'm now going into my senior year of highschool. That's FIVE YEARS of being a creepy, ugly freak. I have never had a boyfriend or had my first kiss.. I am seventeen years old. Every day that goes by my life just gets more and more pathetic and I know its because of how ugly this acne makes me.

I have been called ugly... I have had snide remarks made towards me... I have had people I considered "friends" make comments about my "red cheeks". I just don't know why I deserve this. I do not know a SINGLE other person who has acne anywhere near the level I do... I'm the only gross freak in the entire school and I guess that means I am undeserving of love too. I dont even have any faith that it will ever go away because I have been trying for years to fix my face and it never gets better.

I'm just so tired of being in tears every day over how disgusting I am.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 07/02/2012 6:12 pm

You're not alone! Don't give up!

Keep searching for your cure. Everyone's solution is different.... but there is a solution for everyone!

In the mean time, stop worrying about what other people think and just go out and enjoy life! If your friends can't handle that, too bad! You don't need others to validate who you are! hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@canilive)

Posted : 07/02/2012 6:12 pm

I guess that means I am undeserving of love too.

Im sorry to hear that. no one deserves to be put through what you have been put through. dont feel alone, i know it can feel like you are. theres many people here in the same predicament as yours.

MemberMember
(@kin92)

Posted : 07/03/2012 1:19 am

You just gotta keep researching.. learn a lot about your skin, acne, products, remedies, anything to help. It's a lot but you can do it. It takes time, and we are here to help

MemberMember
(@jaydeec)

Posted : 07/03/2012 1:59 am

I know its hard to take not take people's comments to heart sometimes but do not let them define who you are. These so called ''friends'' and people are just a pathetic. You are not alone , everyone on this site is going through it in some way or another. i agree with what the ^ oher member above me said , do as much research as you can about acne, your skin particularly and what products help your acne as opposed to the aggravate it. You will be surprised at how much stuff in makeup and every day ''common' skin care products is toxic.

MemberMember
(@severity)

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:46 am

I know your pain all too well so I can definitely empathize. And I'm sorry you're having to deal with acne in high school, of all places. It must be very difficult considering the amount of importance high schoolers put into looks. I can only imagine how frustrating it is.

It does get better however, and for all you know your acne could clear up sooner than you think. I'm sure you've been told this before but things do get better after you graduate. People grow up and aren't as naive and judgemental as they were in high school. They'll be more understanding of your skin woes and thus will be less insensitive to the grief acne causes you. In fact, acne is but a small piece to the puzzle that is your life, but I know that's difficult to realize when you're stuck in vanityschool. Just know though that highschool isn't the end-all, be-all of life's experiences and that acne TRULY becomes less a problem than you may think it will.

Also, to kiss somebody just for the sake of getting your first kiss isn't meaningful and defeats the purpose of the kiss. Trust me, you'd much rather oblige someone you truly care about with that kiss than to do it to satisfy a societal requirement.

I truly hope you feel better...comfort.gif

MemberMember
(@hi-its-me-john)

Posted : 07/03/2012 1:25 pm

Please, think about what you're saying and how selfish it sounds. You're still in highschool, my skin looked like shit during that time period and I grew out of it. It's a common thing. Think big picture

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 07/03/2012 10:08 pm

I know the feeling. Acne leads you to a lonely person. I'm very lonely and don't have friends because I stayed away from people in high school. Where I work, they're all old and kinda mean. I'm a college students which is great.. I want a better future. That's where I beat acne.. I didn't let it control me there. I went to class everyday!! I was not absents once and I am a senior in college.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 07/04/2012 12:18 am

I know the feeling. Acne leads you to a lonely person. I'm very lonely and don't have friends because I stayed away from people in high school. Where I work, they're all old and kinda mean. I'm a college students which is great.. I want a better future. That's where I beat acne.. I didn't let it control me there. I went to class everyday!! I was not absents once and I am a senior in college.

Props to you for being able to stay in college. I couldn't even make it through fucking bootcamp because my skin was bothering me so much.

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 07/06/2012 7:59 pm

I know probably no one cares to hear yet another stupid sob story but I just cant deal with this anymore. Ive had acne since seventh grade and I'm now going into my senior year of highschool. That's FIVE YEARS of being a creepy, ugly freak. I have never had a boyfriend or had my first kiss.. I am seventeen years old. Every day that goes by my life just gets more and more pathetic and I know its because of how ugly this acne makes me.

I have been called ugly... I have had snide remarks made towards me... I have had people I considered "friends" make comments about my "red cheeks". I just don't know why I deserve this. I do not know a SINGLE other person who has acne anywhere near the level I do... I'm the only gross freak in the entire school and I guess that means I am undeserving of love too. I dont even have any faith that it will ever go away because I have been trying for years to fix my face and it never gets better.

hey dont give up !

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 07/06/2013 9:42 am

Hang in there, your only 17, you will eventually grow out of it

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/07/2013 12:59 pm

Hang in there, don't let it beat you. And like others have said, keep searching for the causes. Look at your health history and see if there could be anything that triggers your breakouts. At your age, hormonal fluctuations play a major role in acne, so try to avoid stress and depression because that makes things worse.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 07/08/2013 2:39 pm

My best friend in High School had the same problem. She tried everything to get rid of it but she had it until I think she was 21. You should see her skin now. Gorgeous and flawless! She's in her mid 30's and has perfect skin.

When you're young, your skin heals faster so there's less of a chance that it will scar. Once you get to be my age, healing is slow and that's when you scar.

I know it isn't easy. I am so exhausted having to deal with this crap but it will get better. Acne can't stick around forever.

MemberMember
(@maskedone)

Posted : 07/11/2013 6:34 am

So sorry to hear some of your experiences, Opalfine. Teenagers can be so cruel. I was also called ugly (in front of entire class), and made fun of throughout middle school and high school. I also felt like I had the worst acne certainly within my group of friends. It's so difficult.

Please don't give up. There are kind and decent people out there. Anyone who makes fun of you is a jerk. It's that simple. You didn't do anything to deserve being treated that way.

I wish I could tell you how to fix the acne and deal with crappy people, but it's difficult. I can say that you are not alone and you should by no means LET them make you feel bad about yourself. Eff 'em.