Emu Oil

Emu Oil Reviews

Love love love

I love emu oil- I use a different brand than the one pictured but both are essentially emu oil. Anyway, it leaves my skin less oily and more plump and healthy looking. I use it at night regularly because I could reflect light off my face when the sun hits my face. I have seen great improvements for my hyper pigmentation for sure!

AMAAAAAZINNNNG

This stuff is a miracle worker. Discoloration, uneven skin tone, scrapes, burns, dry skin, oily skin, whatever problem you're having, this fixes it. Sadly, I won't be repurchasing because I found out that the oil can't be extracted without harming (killing :(((( ) the bird.

Comments

Do not use unless your face is really dry

As this is an oil, your face will break out hard if you don't have really dry skin. Got that from experience, never again. Too bad cause the actual ingredients are pretty good to treat scaring, and it's not that expensive either.

This isn't true for all. I have combination/oily skin that's usually very sensitive and emu oil doesn't break me out at all.

NO NO NO!

If I were you, I would avoid this product. It broke me out in cystic acne right along my cheekbones, and made my PIH and red marks extremely more red. My mom said it looked like my face was on fire with this product on. On the bright side, it did soften my skin and it kinda smelled good lmao..

Breaks me out

I am sorry to say but personal recommendation for combination oily skin, I would not recommend this product at all. I applied it as soon as I bought it and woke up in the morning and had several new spots developing. It is very oily, I avoid things like this like the plague now I know what they do. For those who have redness lasting several months after spots, again I would strongly recommend to stay away as the formation of new spots causes further redness. I do however now use it on my hair, it has been falling out at the top because I wear it back too tightly I think.... But it has helped with this! My hair does seem to be growing back and the bald spot, receding patch is not as noticeable.

Comments

Great moisturizer for dried out acne product skin

I haven't noticed any anti blemish activity with this, I didn't use it very long. I was using retinol which was disasterous for my skin, red, peely, flakey and extremely dry. This emu oil was the only reason I could use retinol. My acne got sooo bad. I'm fairly positive it was the retinol because it was happening before the use of emu oil. I've ditched the retinol forever. I'm using salicylic acid 30% peels. I keep it on my face for about and hour once a week, and apply my 10% glycolic acid lotion afterwords. In addition to that I use BP everyday. I've had to go to 5% because of the dryness of the acids. But my face is still dry!, I put half emu oil half green tea moisturizer iny hands and apply it to my face at night. It is SSOOO silky, and the tight stretched feeling going away ASAP. I wouldn't say it's greasy as much as I'd say it is an extraordinary moisturizer. If I were to use during the day under makeup I'd use only 2 or so drops. My skin feels like silk right now.... I love it!

EMU oil is made from the animals fat, some people find that okay others want a vegan approach, which is why I use very small amt's of Tamanu and Tea Tree oil blend for my acne and scar reduction. If you saw the Oprah show where they showed before and after pictures from a childs burn scaring you would try it to. Amazing. I found it online at Blue Dolphin Soap. It works for me and really has reduced my acne scaring.

Love it

It works on scars/marks Is effectively helping to heal my skin, especially since I'm on Accutane at the moment Leaves skin feeling healthy and soft Very, very greasy/ oily Not cheap I have been using this for about 4 months now. At first I used it in the morning and in the evening but now I only use it before bed because it's so greasy and it makes my skin look so shiny. It has reduced the appearance of my post inflammation hyper pigmentation and it leaves your skin feeling really soft.

Comments

Fades red marks, scars Gives skin an overall shine Great moisturizer Looks greasy when you have a lot on, not a big problem though Works great for me! Have used it for about 3 months and have seen great results. For those of you who believe that Emu Oil can clog pores I have researched it and it does not. "But since it is oil, won’t it clog my pores? Not emu oil. The Department of Dermatology, at University of Texas Medical School, showed that emu oil in concentrations of up to 100% is non-comedogenic (will not clog pores). This is one reason it is so popular in cosmetic applications."

Comments

Moisturizes Reduces/eliminates red marks from old acne Heals skin Not too expensive Anti inflammatory Noncomedogenic not one con! I love emu oil so much it has completely healed my skin from old acne marks from when I was breaking out. It keeps my skin more moisturized while using BPO daily. I love it. Want to know more read my blog entry about emu oil [link removed]

Guest Yesenia
Guest Yesenia

hydrating fades scars balances complexion immediately alleviates scabs feels oily when applying no immediate results I've used this oil every night for about a year. At first, I didn't see much of a difference but I persisted. It really paid off. I can't say it does miracles, because I do still get pimples (because of hormones). However, this oil has done SO MUCH for skin. It hydrates better than any cream, and even if it does feel oily, it's a natural oil that's GOOD for your skin. My scars have slowly faded, and my skin is just overall healthier. I recommend this to everyone.

Guest Lauren
Guest Lauren

Gentle Natural Excellent substitute for eye cream Worsened acne! Expensive Hard to find I bought emu oil on Amazon and it has not helped my acne whatsoever. I don’t want this purchase to go to waste, so I’ve been using it as a nighttime eye moisturizer and the results have been beautiful (it lengthens and strengthens your eyelashes).

Guest Christine
Guest Christine

Reduces inflammation, absorbs pretty quickly, leaves skin soft, helps acne redness, DOES NOT clog pores (do your research people!) Texture is oily so use sparingly! I have VERRRY acne prone skin. I use this product along with a 30% glycolic acid serum daily and I do a home chemical peel (glycolic acid/salicylic acid) weekly and I never break out anymore. I struggled with acne every since I was 12 and finally conquered it at the age of 22. EMU OIL IS DOES NOT CLOG PORES. Use only certified pure emu oil and use only products that does not contain ingredients that will irritate your skin.

Is this still working for you?
Guest Anice
Guest Anice

softens moisturizes lightens scars over time if used promptly and consistently possibly comedogenic (at least for me) greasy feel (duh) I applied emu oil every other day for a couple weeks over some non-acne scars I had on my chest and a HUGE cyst erupted (about an inch in diameter) and I NEVER get acne on my chest. I cannot safely say the emu oil was the cause but it seems likely. The scars look like they have improved, but that might be a placebo.

Guest James
Guest James

Rubs in well, feels comfortable on skin, not harsh Hasn't really done anything after 3 months of usage on bacne red marks/scars. Hasn't really done anything to my stubborn back acne red marks.

Comments

Softens skin, evens skin tone, diminishes scars, and shrinks pimples Amazing. Anti-inflammatory properties shrink existing pimples while conditioning the skin resulting in decreased scarring. Bought mine on eBay (triple refined). Quality ranges so go big to make sure you get a good product.