Emu Oil Reviews

Emu Oil

Love love love

I love emu oil- I use a different brand than the one pictured but both are essentially emu oil. Anyway, it leaves my skin less oily and more plump and healthy looking. I use it at night regularly because I could reflect light off my face when the sun hits my face. I have seen great improvements for my hyper pigmentation for sure!

AMAAAAAZINNNNG

This stuff is a miracle worker. Discoloration, uneven skin tone, scrapes, burns, dry skin, oily skin, whatever problem you're having, this fixes it. Sadly, I won't be repurchasing because I found out that the oil can't be extracted without harming (killing :(((( ) the bird.

Disapointed

Doesn't do anything for me :( sometimes I can see a difference that a pimple get smaller during night but I dunno if it's this oil or something else

love it

I LOVE it! It makes my skin soft, smooth, doesnt clog pores and radiant. Make my hair grow faster, thicker, and stronger.

Comments

Use only high quality emu oil

I get mine on Costo.ca, it is high quality, best price and free shipping. Avoid cheap emu oil, it is greasy and does not penetrate skin, it is not effective.

Comments

Do not use unless your face is really dry

As this is an oil, your face will break out hard if you don't have really dry skin. Got that from experience, never again. Too bad cause the actual ingredients are pretty good to treat scaring, and it's not that expensive either.

This isn't true for all. I have combination/oily skin that's usually very sensitive and emu oil doesn't break me out at all.

Not So Good for Face

Well it's good for hair growth but not face so yeah.

NO NO NO!

If I were you, I would avoid this product. It broke me out in cystic acne right along my cheekbones, and made my PIH and red marks extremely more red. My mom said it looked like my face was on fire with this product on. On the bright side, it did soften my skin and it kinda smelled good lmao..

Breaks me out

I am sorry to say but personal recommendation for combination oily skin, I would not recommend this product at all. I applied it as soon as I bought it and woke up in the morning and had several new spots developing. It is very oily, I avoid things like this like the plague now I know what they do. For those who have redness lasting several months after spots, again I would strongly recommend to stay away as the formation of new spots causes further redness. I do however now use it on my hair, it has been falling out at the top because I wear it back too tightly I think.... But it has helped with this! My hair does seem to be growing back and the bald spot, receding patch is not as noticeable.

Comments

Great moisturizer for dried out acne product skin

I haven't noticed any anti blemish activity with this, I didn't use it very long. I was using retinol which was disasterous for my skin, red, peely, flakey and extremely dry. This emu oil was the only reason I could use retinol. My acne got sooo bad. I'm fairly positive it was the retinol because it was happening before the use of emu oil. I've ditched the retinol forever. I'm using salicylic acid 30% peels. I keep it on my face for about and hour once a week, and apply my 10% glycolic acid lotion afterwords. In addition to that I use BP everyday. I've had to go to 5% because of the dryness of the acids. But my face is still dry!, I put half emu oil half green tea moisturizer iny hands and apply it to my face at night. It is SSOOO silky, and the tight stretched feeling going away ASAP. I wouldn't say it's greasy as much as I'd say it is an extraordinary moisturizer. If I were to use during the day under makeup I'd use only 2 or so drops. My skin feels like silk right now.... I love it!

EMU oil is made from the animals fat, some people find that okay others want a vegan approach, which is why I use very small amt's of Tamanu and Tea Tree oil blend for my acne and scar reduction. If you saw the Oprah show where they showed before and after pictures from a childs burn scaring you would try it to. Amazing. I found it online at Blue Dolphin Soap. It works for me and really has reduced my acne scaring.

Love it

It works on scars/marks Is effectively helping to heal my skin, especially since I'm on Accutane at the moment Leaves skin feeling healthy and soft Very, very greasy/ oily Not cheap I have been using this for about 4 months now. At first I used it in the morning and in the evening but now I only use it before bed because it's so greasy and it makes my skin look so shiny. It has reduced the appearance of my post inflammation hyper pigmentation and it leaves your skin feeling really soft.

Comments

Fades red marks, scars Gives skin an overall shine Great moisturizer Looks greasy when you have a lot on, not a big problem though Works great for me! Have used it for about 3 months and have seen great results. For those of you who believe that Emu Oil can clog pores I have researched it and it does not. "But since it is oil, won't it clog my pores? Not emu oil. The Department of Dermatology, at University of Texas Medical School, showed that emu oil in concentrations of up to 100% is non-comedogenic (will not clog pores). This is one reason it is so popular in cosmetic applications."

Comments

Moisturizes Reduces/eliminates red marks from old acne Heals skin Not too expensive Anti inflammatory Noncomedogenic not one con! I love emu oil so much it has completely healed my skin from old acne marks from when I was breaking out. It keeps my skin more moisturized while using BPO daily. I love it. Want to know more read my blog entry about emu oil [link removed]

Guest Yesenia
Guest Yesenia

hydrating fades scars balances complexion immediately alleviates scabs feels oily when applying no immediate results I've used this oil every night for about a year. At first, I didn't see much of a difference but I persisted. It really paid off. I can't say it does miracles, because I do still get pimples (because of hormones). However, this oil has done SO MUCH for skin. It hydrates better than any cream, and even if it does feel oily, it's a natural oil that's GOOD for your skin. My scars have slowly faded, and my skin is just overall healthier. I recommend this to everyone.

Guest Jill
Guest Jill

Gentle Reduce inflammation Softens Lighten scars Also use as a Night cream for my eyes. Feels Oily Love it

Guest Lauren
Guest Lauren

Gentle Natural Excellent substitute for eye cream Worsened acne! Expensive Hard to find I bought emu oil on Amazon and it has not helped my acne whatsoever. I don't want this purchase to go to waste, so I've been using it as a nighttime eye moisturizer and the results have been beautiful (it lengthens and strengthens your eyelashes).

Guest Christine
Guest Christine

Reduces inflammation, absorbs pretty quickly, leaves skin soft, helps acne redness, DOES NOT clog pores (do your research people!) Texture is oily so use sparingly! I have VERRRY acne prone skin. I use this product along with a 30% glycolic acid serum daily and I do a home chemical peel (glycolic acid/salicylic acid) weekly and I never break out anymore. I struggled with acne every since I was 12 and finally conquered it at the age of 22. EMU OIL IS DOES NOT CLOG PORES. Use only certified pure emu oil and use only products that does not contain ingredients that will irritate your skin.

Is this still working for you?
Guest Anice
Guest Anice

softens moisturizes lightens scars over time if used promptly and consistently possibly comedogenic (at least for me) greasy feel (duh) I applied emu oil every other day for a couple weeks over some non-acne scars I had on my chest and a HUGE cyst erupted (about an inch in diameter) and I NEVER get acne on my chest. I cannot safely say the emu oil was the cause but it seems likely. The scars look like they have improved, but that might be a placebo.

Guest James
Guest James

Rubs in well, feels comfortable on skin, not harsh Hasn't really done anything after 3 months of usage on bacne red marks/scars. Hasn't really done anything to my stubborn back acne red marks.

Comments

Softens skin, evens skin tone, diminishes scars, and shrinks pimples Amazing. Anti-inflammatory properties shrink existing pimples while conditioning the skin resulting in decreased scarring. Bought mine on eBay (triple refined). Quality ranges so go big to make sure you get a good product.

Guest Maharei
Guest Maharei

Leaves your skin soft Absorbs quickly Anti inflamatory Multiple uses Can clog pores and smell depending on the brand/seller I recently bought myself a 1 oz bottle of triple refined emu oil from a power seller off of Ebay after a few weeks of research. My acne has subsided quite a lot, with the occasional flare ups but I have a lot of scars left to heal as I have a bad tendency to pick at any imperfection. So far I'm impressed with how this product reduces the red marks left from acne and helps to heal my skin. I recently went back to using Retin A Micro which I had a hard time continuing previously due to all the irritation. Right now, I put the retin on my face, wait 20 mins then apply Emu Oil. It's really helped reduce the redness and flakeyness PLUS it helps bring the medication deeper into my skin. Very happy with the results so far, I think the combo has finally become a staple to my routine :) Be careful when you decide to purchase this stuff though. Buy through a reputable seller and you'll be happy.

Guest Rennie
Guest Rennie

Not pore clogging Gentle even for sensitive skin Easily absorbed into skin Hydrating for dry skin Might take time before seeing the benefits of the oil (give at least two weeks) I bought mine from ebay from a top rated seller. I didn't have any expectations for this product but bought it anyway since I read so many raves about this product on acne and since it wasn't that expensive. I'm so glad I gave in into the hype. I have really oily T zone and I was skeptical about applying an oil onto my face. This didn't clog my pores and actually made my skin less oily. I have been using this for about two weeks and so far I like what I'm seeing. I heard this does a great job on acne scars as well but I haven't seen too major of an improvement so we will see in another couple of weeks. Definitely try this product it wouldn't hurt!! Since this isn't a cure-all product, don't subsitute this product for your normal acne-treatments. Good luck ppl!

Comments

Helps acne scars Moistourizes Doesnt clog pores Use as much as you want A little goes a long way Caused some spots (ive probs put too much on) When first applied made face look red Been using a few weeks. I had horrible acne all over my cheeks, this went away using BP, now I have dreaded scars... Looks just ew. Lemon juice didnt do much for me, was alright for spots. Anyway, i have seen a reduction in the size of my scars since 2 weeks ago, and so hopefully, i will update later, they will go completely soon. It has given me the odd spot, may have been a coinkydink? which i have tried to use BP for, the two don't really mix as the oil spreads away the BP. Use it as often as u want, best time is overnight... Your skin heals best between 2-3am! Wondering how it works on scars? It penetrates through all 7 layers of skin to heal scars from the source, it contains these important substances: Omega 3,6,9 vital fatty acids Sapogens (skin softener) Vits E and A moisturise and are anti-inflametry.. Also anti aging :0.

Guest Yomama
Guest Yomama

reduces red scars left by acne at a noticeable rate moisturizing calming does not clog pores/induce allergic reaction Greasy I don't break out often but when i do it always leaves red scars that take about 1 year to go away. Of course in the meanwhile i get new pimples and so it is a never ending cycle. The thing that i have realized that really works for me is to use apple cider vinegar as a toner once a day, and to use emu oil (mixed with two drops of 28,000 IU of vitamin E) as a lotion, usually at night I wipe off the emu oil after 15 mins because its so greasy, but dont wash it off. I've noticed that in the morning my skin is glowing and the red scars look noticeably less red. My scars havent gone away yet but since emu oil actually helps to reduce breakouts, i hope to be scar free in the new year!

Comments

softens skin a little lightens scars at first greasy caused pretty bad breakouts when first used doesn't do anything to scars in the long term After buying 100% emu oil and rubbing it on my acne and trauma scars, i felt like it improved but after several days of usage, realized it could be a placebo from viewing the scar region right after rubbing with any moisturizer. after applying for 2 days, had a breakout but continued to consistently used it. after 2 weeks, I attempted to have a fresh, unbiased view of treated areas and realized nothing changed.

Popular Over-the-counter