ClearLight Acne Treatment Reviews

ClearLight Acne Treatment

Guest Toni G
Guest Toni G

Clearlight worked as it promised. My daughter had cystic acne and after the treatments her skin was beautifully clear and smooth! Changed her life and we are delighted. Thank you clearlight! Try clearlight because it really works.

Comments

No side effects Useless, a waste of money and time; treatments not covered by insurance I took my son for these treatments when he was a teen. He is now a young adult and having the same problems with the acne he had when he was using the light treatment. The treatments were done at an office, under doctor supervision. In my opinion, it was a scam - something like snake oil, from the last century.

Guest Lani
Guest Lani

I started my battle with acne since 12 ,tried EVERYTHING and up to 2 rounds of Acutane and laser . Before my senior prom I had clearlight therapy . Incredibly my acne and marks were gone in 9 weeks. You need to keep up with maintenance. I didn't ...so 4 months later my bad acne came back. It's expensive. I'm 19 now and sick of it ,I might try it again, maybe the price has gone down a bit ,I hope. For those of you with no results , maybe the machine was not a good one. Do some background reseach on these clinics before you chose one.

Guest Toni
Guest Toni

This is a wonderful treatment that cleared up my daughter's cystic acne in a very short amount of time and her skin remained clear after the basic course of treatments. A wonderful, painless, remarkable breakthrough. Doctor's are gauging their patients by charging astronomical prices for these treatments. Sure, they have to make back their investment, but I believe they would do it better by offering it at a price more people can afford to more patients. It works quickly, beautifully without any negative side effects. A wonderful answer to the emotional and physical misery of acne.

Guest Mirela
Guest Mirela

the pimples disappear! very expensive, redness, sensitivity to sun, purging of the skin for the first few weeks, but totally worth it! I've had acne since I was 12 & I've always been able to keep it under control with proactiv and murad, but after I got my tattoo and stopped going tanning, my face just flaired up! If you go tanning, please STOP and buy urself some Jergens lotion with the bronzers in it. I thought tanning helped keep my acne under control because as soon as i stopped going, i would break out, so i always made it a priority to go. As soon as i stopped, my face was just filled with acne, especially on my cheeks and it literally hurt. i went to a derm and she put this liquid treatment called Dusa on me and used the clear light and my skin is clearing up! the acne will all come out because theres no other way but the dusa will keep the acne from coming back! Our bodies produce something that prevent us from breaking out and Dusa is just that but its manmade. My derm put it on my face and left it on for 30 minutes to sink into my skin and then did the clearlight, its absolutely amazing and a miracle!

Guest Lo
Guest Lo

None that I have seen so far. The clearlight has done nothing for my skin. I paid for 8 treatments and had no results so they gave me 4 more. The treatment is way to expensive not to see any results what so ever. Very inconvenient as well. Driving there 2x a week is annoying. I would not recommend this. When I went they said my skin was not too bad and that the clearlight should clear it right up. They said it would get worse before it gets better and even that didn't happen. Dont waste your money or your time.

Comments

Clear skin Skin can get flaky and a little dry/red. Treatment is expensive and inconvenient (I needed eight treatments twice a week and often had to wait while my dermatologist ran behind schedule with other patients each session I have had mild to moderate hormonal acne for the past 15 years. I have tried various treatments recommended by different dermatologists over the past 7 years including minocycline, yasmin, retin-A, clindamicyn, duac gel, and differen and never really found anything to work specatucarly. I decided to get off the minocycline (though I was pleased with the results) as I am thinking about starting a family. I just finished my eighth clearlight session over a month long period and my skin looks great with out make-up. This is the first time in a very long while that I am able to go completely foundationa and concealer free. I hope the results last

Then why give Clearlight a 3-star rating? Seems like you are 5-star happy.
Then why give Clearlight a 3-star rating? Seems like you are 5-star happy.

maybe it helps some maybe it doesn't help others, but is, sulfur kills bacteria. you can find it in landscaping/plant/floral stores. You CAN take it internally, and it kills all bacteria it comes in contact with. The remedy my mother always gave us was equal parts of epsom salt (disinfectant, flush), cream of tartar (flush), baking soda (make the body alkaline), and flowers of sulfur (kills bacteria). Any bacterial (not viral) sickness would clear up or be better in one day or gone by two. Look at ingredients in ProActive, it contatins sulfur. A note about sulfur. The FDA doesn't want anyone taking it because the FDA doesn't know how to suggest it's application. It is a natural element, aka "brimstone", from volcanoes, and, like any other substance, taken out of moderation can lead to overdose (sickness) or possible death (extreme). I've taken two heaping spoonfuls of the remedy given above in one day, no problem, only results. Also, keep your body alkaline! Seltzer/spritzer/club-soda/baking soda, all same thin

Guest jess
Guest jess

Smoothed out small scars + created a healthy "glow". Brings impurities, both cysts and whiteheads, to the surface constantly throughout treatment (for me). Redness and slight burning sensation. I just finished my 8th session and was told a may need a few more ($$$cha-ching!). I was not able to consistantly use the topical mild retinoid my Dr. prescribed due to the peeling and irritation of the topical. Avoid using too many acne products (even if prescribed by your Dr.) while on Clearlight therapy, especially if you have sensitive skin. However, if you don't consistently use a topical treatment along with the clearlight it doesn't work as well, supposedly. In Texas, it only cost me $200 for a month of treatments, but it did make my acne worse in some areas. This is not unusual, as your impurities are all coming to the surface to be purged. Reconsider using clearlight if you are a compulsive zit-picker! It was often difficult to resist squeezing the little goodies that came to the surface and this created scars. Don't give up! Find something that works for you...I'm 38 with hormonal acne and am determined to find a cure.

Guest Karen
Guest Karen

None Made my acne worse Initially it looked to me that my acne had started to heal but after using Clearlight Acne Treatment for 3 weeks, I noticed that I started to get deep holes in the affected area. I stopped and switched over to zenmed's derma cleanse acne treatment system and it really helped in healing my acne as well as the deep holes which had formed on my cheeks.

Guest candice
Guest candice

Clears skin fresh light skin and healthy glow expensive and redness Well i have used a combination of clearlight and microdermabrasion 3 times now at a local beauty place and can def. see results. Most docters say you cant use microdremabrasion if you have existing acne beacuse it will irritate it but i did and didnt irritate cause the clearlight kills all the bacteria. Im also very strict on what i eat drink 5 cups of CAFFENINE FREE green tea 5 times a day and at least 3 litre of water, plus i do regular breathing techniques when felling angered or stressed. My advice would be to avoid any greasy food cause its not worth your misery be strong and you will see results its hard to ignore a yummy slice of pizza but is a pimple worth is ??not to me..Also try doing some yoga or some form of exercise where you dont sweat a alful lot. back to the clearlight i think the combination is great!!The microdermabrasion will suck out impurities and remove top layer of skin cells and clearlight will kill the bacteria deep within the skin..I hope ive helped some!:)

Guest Jennifer
Guest Jennifer

Painless, wonderful, no harsh chemicals, high success rate, FANTASTIC! I had tried everything else. i mean EVERYTHING. only thing that works for me. just the price, and the inconveninence of having to go back for touch up sessions about once a month. If i could have this at home I would! At age 25 (?), I had tried everything. I mean everything. Accutane when I was younger, B5 pills, new diets, tons of face cream. I finally figured that famous people probably had a secret trick and I did lots of research, went to a great doc in DC (Issacson) and nervously started clearlight. He said most people required 6-8 initial sessions; I needed 12. I got 13 but it was WELL WORTH IT. not having to wake up and worry about people seeing me without makeup? Not having to constantly worry about good lighting? OMG this is it, for me.

Guest Joop
Guest Joop

-No more oral medication. -No side effect. -It can use on any body areas. -It safe, fast and inexpensive! -Feel a little heat. -It can't cure cloged pore or comedone under your skin. I had this treatment (iClear) twice and it works great! My skin looks much more clearer without taking any dangerous oral medication. But since it can't cure cloged pore or comedone your doctor will have to pull them off before the treatment. Combination with Micro-Dermabrasion is also recommended, it will remove dead and flaking skin cells. I only have to get it for a month (twice a week)And it cost only 700 bucks! *REMEMBER* you can't permanently cured acne, but you can avoid the future breakouts by using skin products that suit your skin type, have healthy diet and exercise everyday. Wishing you guys a crystal clear face! =)

Guest Boulder
Guest Boulder

None!!! I had a horrible experience with it. I don't know if the doctor didn't do it right or if I just had a bad reaction to it but my skin wasn't THAT bad and after I had my first treatment, I had the worst breakout ever! Every inch of skin on my face was covered with pimples. It took a while to clear up and I never went back for more. Based on my experience, I would not recomment or at least research it carefully. I think my doctor pushed me to try it because it was new and maybe he didn't know what he was doing?

Guest corrine
Guest corrine

No effect at all,so expensive When I have horrible breakout, my dermatologist ask me to do 8 round of Blue Light theraphy called iClear with SGD 88/session. It cost me more than 900 include tax.. Gosh.. So expensive. It has to be done at least once a week. I thought I can see improvement within a few treatment.. But too bad, I am just wasting my money. Don't try this. Try cheaper alternative. Even benzyl peroxide works better.

Guest wilma
Guest wilma

When I first started the treatment my face dramatically cleared after the first two sessions and seemed to improve the weeks after finishing however I still had acne but not as much NOT PERMANENT!! your acne comes right back months after the treatment even though I was told that the light is suppose to be continuously working for years to come? after the treatment yeah right! For mild acne or moderate acne this may work but don't expect any permanent results!

Guest kathy
Guest kathy

None - I did the blue light w/levulan put on topically. My face was red, peeling, dried out and I began gettting alot of white heads ever since the treatment. My cysts have been a little less often. My skin has not improved. It has been worse. I do not recommed the blue light with the levulan. I need to say that I have had blue light alone without the levulan a year ago and had great results. Maybe the levulan is what my skin reacted to?

Guest Rebekah
Guest Rebekah

I had mild to moderate acne, lots of little ones that would leave a lasting scar behind. I used the clearlight for 2 weeks twice a week and my skin looks amazing. I would recommend this to anyone. none Using harsh topicals is what contributed to my acne problem. With the clear light, it took care of my active pimples, and prevented new ones, as well as regulating my sebum production. Which allowed me to use a gentle cleanser on my face, not one full of salicylic or glycolic acid to help with the acne. I think that everyone needs to have their hormones checked to see if there is an imbalance or even food allergies. For women, try different birth control. The doctors that offer these treatments really do care about their patients, and from the studies, clear light really does work, their not scamming you. It worked for me and I have super sensitive skin. Try it.

Guest Gina Caceres-Jimenez
Guest Gina Caceres-Jimenez

Nil.. the only one positive thing I have gained is that the wrinkle between my eyes has reduced a bit! Why weren't these ratings on acne.org when I was on here before I began treatment... my acne is now about 5 times worse, I'm so upset.. I thought it would work and no-one warned me that it 'could' get worse, much worse, I can't even look at myself. Nothing is worth risking your condition getting worse, life's hard enough as it is.

Guest Jonathan
Guest Jonathan

1)I had no down time or side effects other than dry skin that a face cream fixed. 2)In 4 weeks (8 treatments) I went from 72 pimples to 4, changed nothing in my regiment and have pictures to prove my success. 3)My face has been clear for 1.5 years. 1)Each treatment costs 80-100 dollars and you need 8 to 10 treatments for full benefits (which is expensive compared to other acne treatments). 2)Some drying may occur (but some face cream will fix that almost overnight). I've been struggling with acne for over eight years. I feel your pain. I have tried EVERYTHING (Proactiv, Murad, Clearasil, M.D. Forte, Tetracycline, Benzamycin, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyle Peroxide, Differin, Facials, Peels, Micro-Derm. and MANY more)! I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on my acne condition and have traveled hours to find countless dermatologists, spas, skin centers, laser centers, etc. I am telling you...for me...ClearLight Acne Clearance System was 10 times better than any other product I have ever come across. It is expensive and I feel sorry for those who are less fortunate because it is considered cosmetic and the insurance will usually not pay for it (which is terrible). Everyone has different skin types and different things work for different people. All I am telling you is that this worked amazingly for me and I have recommended it to several family and friends and they have all had GREAT success as well! Try it if you can afford it!

Popular Light