Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acnecide Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel - Reviews

Acnecide Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel
Brand: Acnecide
Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

View Ingredients

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, colloidal anhydrous silica, water, sodium hydroxide.

GeniusHeart

Sb1987
Lower concentrations of benzoyl peroxide are recommended. 2.5% is effective but without the dryness/irritation commonly found in 5% or even 10% concentrations. Look for a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. I think acne.org still sells its own brand. Alternatively continue to use 5% in small amounts. Also, the regimen on acne.org recommends also using an oil free cleanser. This is very good advice.

sophiek1
ErikaW
Katherine96

Sarah20000
This happened me to. My face was very badly burnt from this product. Hydrocortisone acetate cream (hc45) prescribed off my doctor got rid of my swelling and the redness/burn this product caused.

Joker15846
I got the same reaction and got prescribed the same from my doctor. How long did it take for your redness and swelling to go down

meina8
Same! My who skin got red, itchy and pealed. The product definitely works as my sports diminished and transformed into marks just for 2 days. However next time when i use acnecide I will be careful and put only on the sports

Lavender02

TS123
Has your reaction to the cream improved and are you still using it?

Thatgracegirl
What did u use to get the bumps to go away? I've had the same reaction

FavouredHope

ErikaW
Me too I love using acnecide my skin is finally free!

Soarin

moodamoo55
Use moisturiser about 20 minutes after using the acnecide. If your skin ends up too dry then skip a couple of days as it sounds like It's drying out x

Perry15

Soarin
thanks for this, my skin is really dry and i knew i was putting to much on. Thanks!

Rachelle mitchell
Lauren Croft

Perry15
Whenever you stop using a BP cream your acne will start to creep back unless you use a back up solution. Your skin was preparing to flare up again and then you started using the cream again. Your face was probably very confused. Like you did the first time, stick to it for a while and your skin will improve again. And bad skin is very very common in youngsters, noone at school will notice it, and i'm guessing you scrutinise your face to high heavens in the mirror, noone is ever going to give your face that much attention, or be that close I should think. Enjoy being young and enegetic, with great friends. Your skin will get better before you know it. I hope it's working again for you now :)

julianneg12

julianneg12
Just realised they removed the link but if you type in benzoyl peroxide week by week into google it will come up.

SparkleMouse

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes