Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

amlinares
WaitingOnABlessing
IharaG

IharaG
Also I've found after a few days of using it my face can handle it better and it doesn't look as oily

PBJ Fields

jsphngo
When is the best time to apply this if one has an active treatment for acne? Is it before applying the acne treatments? Thank you for replying

LimitlessSun
Mimi51

MFA
Do you mix it together?

gavman

PBJ Fields
I have used argan for over four years, on my face, body and hair. I've found with my hair that I have to do a 'reset' about once every 4-6 weeks or it just gets too overloaded. I use Dawn dish detergent and scrub my scalp (not the full length of my hair, just along my scalp and hair line), rinse, then wash as normal. That seems to have solved any issues, and my hair looks great now!

elisenda1414
Luna878

Luna878
Side note: I see a few reviewers had side effects, so just to clear up confusion I will also say the brand I use consistently is Acure Organics, usually found at Whole Foods/Amazon/etc. Not sure if different brands give different results ...also, it'a always a good idea to get 100% Argan oil. I wouldn't mess around with additives. Also also, make sure to apply it to a clean, freshly washed face. It works well for oil cleansing if you're into that too. But no need to overdo it, as with anything in life. :)

MFA
Did you try using jojoba oil too?

killin_it
teniegenie

MassiveCorn
While all oils have clogging potential argan oil is great because on a zero to five scale (0 being doesn't clog pores and 5 being definitely clogs pores) argan scores a 0. For checking out comodegenic stuff, not just oils but waxes, detergents, etc. This site is helpful: https://[link removed] I love it because I have super sensitive skin and knowing in advance what and what not to look for is helpful. Argan oil for me hasn't been a hail Mary so to speak but I have nothing bad to say about it either. It moisturizes my combination skin well without over oiling my t zone while still successfully removing the flakes and moisturizing my cheeks. I've even seen a little bit of my hyperpigmentation go away which rocks because on my pale skin a slight rosy color on most people looks firetruck red on me XD

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes