Argan Oil reviews

4.4/5 - 23 reviews

Brand: Argan Oil

Cystic Acne
Reviewed on November 16, 2017

I have had acne since I was 13yr old; I am 25 now, I use the Argan oil and Retin -A- 0.05 cream. My skin is a combination of oily and dry... I use Aragan oil every day morning and night (at night I use it 30min after applying the Retin -A- cream). So far so good I have been using the oil for 2+ months and have seen a huge difference in my skin before I was just using the Retin -A- cream and it made my skin really dry but I was still getting brake outs but since I added the oil, I have less brake out and they aren't as deep or huge as they use to be, they also heal wayyy faster than before. Its not a cure but it help a lot!!!

Amazing
Reviewed on July 31, 2017

I have combination skin and acne in specific areas,dry patches it others. Recently I discovered non comodegic oils and decided to buy argan oil to moisturize. It works WONDERS. The first time I tried it I used 5 drops (I tried 3 first like everyone recommends,but it didn't cover my whole face) it feels REALLY oily and I was inclined to take it off. I slept on it and the next morning it was fully absorbed. I was scared this would break me out since it's an oil,but it doesn't. It has no effect on my acne,but my dry patches have definitely improved. 100% recommend this

by IharaG on 07/31/2017 05:34
Also I've found after a few days of using it my face can handle it better and it doesn't look as oily
Clearest skin ever
Reviewed on February 9, 2017

Argan is antimicrobial, gentle, and has no cholesterol, so it is a very clean 'dry' oil. I've used it on my face, hair, and body for over four years and swear by it. After a lifetime of cystic acne and horrible skin, I can now go bare faced.

I wash my face like normal, and do not dry it. While my skin is still wet, I take 2 or 3 drops of oil and rub my hands together, then massage it into my skin. A little goes a long way! Putting it on wet skin helps lock in moisture and helps ensure I don't out too much on.

However, it is a nut based oil, so if you have but allergies or sensitivity beware. Most times I find that someone has problems with argan it is either an unknown nut sensitivity or they aren't washing their face often enough.

by jsphngo on 03/24/2017 13:35
When is the best time to apply this if one has an active treatment for acne? Is it before applying the acne treatments? Thank you for replying
Game changer!
Reviewed on December 30, 2016

Earlier this year I was suffering from cystic acne, dark scars, and lots of the products I would use would leave my skin dry, causing me to overproduce oil. my Walmart was selling organic argan oil for about $6 for 2oz (wish I stocked up because they no longer sell this brand) and it changed my life...

Disclaimer: I am also on birth control which may have had an effect on my results, but I was on birth control even when I had the acne earlier this year.

I was wearing makeup every single day to hide my problematic skin. I began using the argan oil to remove makeup, and after washing/ exfoliating I would use a few more drops to moisturize, sometimes with a bit of tea tree oil. I slowly got rid of the SPF moisturizer I had been using for years (argan oil has a high level of natural SPF) and argan oil became my staple moisturizer. What's best is that it is natural and has multiple uses (hair, skin, nails, etc)

I've been using argan for about 3 months now.. My skin is now glowy but not oily, my dark spots on my face are nearly faded and my skin looks amazing. I don't break out nearly as much as I used to. It's been a while since I've felt confident enough with my skin to go out in public bare faced.

Important tip!!

READ THE INGREDIENTS: the argan oil I was using originally (spring valley) also had grapeseed oil, almond oil and avocado oil in it. It still worked excellently for my skin as these are very excellent products for skin. But many companies will try to sell you a sunflower oil or synthetic oil based product as argan oil. So turn the bottle around and if argan oil is 4th amongst a list of other oils, or is not the only ingredient you see, find a different product!

Love it
Reviewed on December 24, 2016

I use argan oil with jojoba oil every morning and night, and it not only cleared my skin from breakouts, but also is an amazing moisturizer and primer for makeup. Just make sure to use only a drop, a little goes a long way.

I love it for my dry areas but it's also responsible for some major breakouts
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

I suffer from dry hands and elbows. I swear by argan oil as a treatment for these and I've had no problems at all that is however until I started using it as a hair treatment for dry and damaged hair. As much as it did wonders for my hair, it ended up making my scalp absolutely covered in acne. I've never been an acne sufferer. This is the only change I've made to my hair rourine and im certain the argan oil has caused this. Be careful with it.

by PBJ Fields on 02/09/2017 17:42
I have used argan for over four years, on my face, body and hair. I've found with my hair that I have to do a 'reset' about once every 4-6 weeks or it just gets too overloaded. I use Dawn dish detergent and scrub my scalp (not the full length of my hair, just along my scalp and hair line), rinse, then wash as normal. That seems to have solved any issues, and my hair looks great now!
Amazing oil!
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

I love this oil! I use it every night, two drops of it in my face. I have sensitive skin but acne prone at the same time. This oil doesn't clog my pores and reduces irritation, so less acne :) It really soothes my skin and leaves it Nice and moisturized :)

YES, YOU CAN USE IT
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

I'm soooo glad this stuff exists. Back when my acne was pretty bad and I was still ironing out the kinks in my lifestyle habits to clear up my skin, this stuff was awesome.

I've probably tried 10 other oils for my face, and this is the ONLY one that didn't clog my pores, back when I had active acne (hormonal, cystic, painful, bleh) and REALLY acne-prone skin. It was a wonderful feeling to finally find a moisturizer I could "set and forget" -and focus my efforts on other stuff in my life causing acne.

I would give Argan oil 10 stars if I could. Love it!!

by Luna878 on 12/01/2015 23:54
Side note: I see a few reviewers had side effects, so just to clear up confusion I will also say the brand I use consistently is Acure Organics, usually found at Whole Foods/Amazon/etc. Not sure if different brands give different results ...also, it'a always a good idea to get 100% Argan oil. I wouldn't mess around with additives. Also also, make sure to apply it to a clean, freshly washed face. It works well for oil cleansing if you're into that too. But no need to overdo it, as with anything in life. :)
Great, gentle moisturizer.
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I use organic argan oil (Pura D'or on Amazon) and it has been working well for me. I use CeraVe foaming cleanser in the morning and put this on before my powder foundation. I find it is best to put on two pumps, wait 10 seconds, then dab my face with a towel. It really moisturizes without clogging pores or making my skin greasy. At night, I use aloe vera gel. This combo has really helped my skin heal and seem healthy and plumper.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
Reviewed on June 2, 2015

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Seriously, a miracle in a bottle! How can something so lightweight (not sticky/heavy/sludgy feeling, like olive oil) be so moisturizing? I don't know, probably witch craft. I put ONE drop on my whole face after washing and toning, and it makes my skin feel velvety smooth! I love that it's almost impossible for it to give you acne (so long as you wash your face regularly while using it, no matter how many spells have been put on it, it IS still an oil and all oils have pore clogging potential) and it makes my face feel better than almost any other moisturizer I've tried! I love that it's natural, so my skin isn't absorbing any crap, and it's suppose to help combat wrinkles and signs of aging! Like I said, this stuff has been bewitched, it's just too amazing. My skin is naturally very oily, and if yours is too I recommend only using ONE drop on your entire face. If you have normal skin, up it to two. Dry skin, 3. Remember, less is more. Honestly, I'll probably be using Argan oil as a facial (and also hair, it's great for making your hair super shiny and soft, and again not sticky feeling like olive oil) for the rest of my life! it's just that good.

by MassiveCorn on 12/02/2015 04:35
While all oils have clogging potential argan oil is great because on a zero to five scale (0 being doesn't clog pores and 5 being definitely clogs pores) argan scores a 0. For checking out comodegenic stuff, not just oils but waxes, detergents, etc. This site is helpful: https://[link removed] I love it because I have super sensitive skin and knowing in advance what and what not to look for is helpful. Argan oil for me hasn't been a hail Mary so to speak but I have nothing bad to say about it either. It moisturizes my combination skin well without over oiling my t zone while still successfully removing the flakes and moisturizing my cheeks. I've even seen a little bit of my hyperpigmentation go away which rocks because on my pale skin a slight rosy color on most people looks firetruck red on me XD