Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 218 reviews

T.N. Dickinson's All Natural Astringent For Face and Body, 16 oz
updated: 03/26/2015 23:28 UTC
Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner, Rose Petal, 12 fl oz
updated: 03/26/2015 23:28 UTC

Great so far!
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

I have tried everything. I'm currently using clindamycin phosphate lotion and washing with nip and fab glycolic scrub fix. I am currently purging....like crazy. But I just bought T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel. I put it on a cotton ball an just put it all over my face. And when it dries I put it on again. I do this like four or five times. My acne is worse than it has ever been. I am scheduled for microdermabrasion in a couple weeks too so hopefully I'm on the right track. Very hopeful for the witch hazel. It makes me skin soooo extremely soft and as soon as I put it on my pores shrunk! Crazy!! I have tried lemon scrubs, honey, cinnamon, biore pore strips and even glue!!!! This is amazing!

Soft and clean.
Reviewed on November 2, 2014

Just started using dickson's witch hazel. The change is recent so I won't call it a cure all yet. BUT I do have to say after washing my face, I made sure all the makeup was off with a paper towel and the witch hazel, then I applied Jason vitimin e oil from whole foods as a moisturizer. My skin feels incredibly soft and clean now. I also have very sensitive skin so anything overpowering makes it burn, but this combination seems just right so far :)

Love this stuff!!
Reviewed on October 12, 2014

I'm 54 yrs old and have battled acne since age 14. At my age I'm now also getting blotchy skin and age spots. After reading these reviews I decided to give witch hazel a try. I am absolutely amazed at how much better my skin looks after only one week!! My acne has calmed down tremendously and my skin tone is much, much better. The blotchiness and spots are at least 50% better! However, I do apply a lot of it. 3 times in the morning at 10 minute intervals after washing with an acne soap and the same before bedtime. I use cotton balls to apply. The brand I use is T.N. Dickinson's from walmart. So thrilled with my results!!!!!

Made me break out!!
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

I decided to buy witch hazel and apply it on my skin as a toner before bed. After just using it for one night I broke out like crazy! My skin is very sensitive and trying this was a terrible idea!! I guess it all depends on the person though..

New Beginnings
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

I've used a countless amount of products that promised to "clear", "stop, and "prevent"

acne. NONE OF THEM HAVE WORKED! I started getting acne around the age of 14 and I have been trying to get rid of it for 4 years now. I just purchased a 12oz bottle of Dickinson's Witch Hazel after reading somewhere how well Witch Hazel works on acne, reading these reviews really has me excited, I'm hoping for the best and not expecting the worst for once! WISH ME LUCK ! Will post again next friday.

by Ellamonta on 12/01/2014 04:24
how has it worked for you?
oh. my. goodness.
Reviewed on August 18, 2014

I cant believe that for the last 6 months I've been using strong acne ointment recommended by my doctor with no results. Not only did it burn, dry out my skin, and itch like crazy, it didn't help in the least. It was extremely expensive stuff. I asked my mom to pick up a bottle of this stuff after searching best ways to clear acne (you know how stubborn teenage skin can be) and in less than 24 hours, the redness has subsided, no more shine, and my skin feels very refreshed. After two days of use, zits came to a head. Within a WEEK, I had dramatic results. Its been a month and my T-zone hasn't been this clear for as long as I can remember. Definitely recommend this to everybody with oily skin :)

by Jeneennnn on 03/23/2015 03:29
How old are you? I'm 14 and I want to know improve this would help since I we have similar skin type
great toner/cleanser
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I started to use witch hazel at night after I wash my face and before i put on a topical medication, about a week ago. Its going well and I cant wait to see the long term results.

So far so good
Reviewed on August 13, 2014

I am not 100% convinced as of yet. I am using Benzoyl Peroxcide in the shower and Witch Hazel when I dry my face off after getting out. My face feels amazingly smooth (acne sufferer for almost 8 years). I haven't been so confident in my face as I have the past few days. BUT !!!!! I feel two very uncomfortably sore ingrown pimples just under my nose. With both acne treatments I can't understand why this is happening.

But an excellent product for softness so far. ALSO, It has helped me cure a bitch of a cold sore I had on my lip. Great.

by Jeneennnn on 03/23/2015 03:30
Is it working for you?
Amazing!
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I work in the service department at a car dealership and wear ridiculously large glasses (covered with rhinestones because if you've gotta wear eyewear, make it fun), so I get a lot of blackheads from the dust and dirt and exhaust fumes at work plus my glasses rub my face and make it worse. I've been using witch hazel for about two weeks, and my skin looks amazing. No more shine, much less acne, and my skin feels so much softer. I love this, and you can't beat it for a dollar at the pharmacy.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!
Reviewed on June 26, 2014

Yesterday I was just on this site reading all the great reviews while at work...I have very oily prone acne skin and have tried just about EVERYTHING!!!! So yesterday after being so anixous to leave work to go to the store grab me a bottle of this! In which I did, went straight home and used it. Face felt very fresh and clean...this morning used more and I can definitely see a gloss to my face it looks smooth like i put on a cover of makeup on! Im at work looking in my mirror now and this has only been the second day! Can't wait to see the long term results!!! DEFINITELY recommend to everyone!!!!