Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 210 reviews

Witch Hazel

Amazing!
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I work in the service department at a car dealership and wear ridiculously large glasses (covered with rhinestones because if you've gotta wear eyewear, make it fun), so I get a lot of blackheads from the dust and dirt and exhaust fumes at work plus my glasses rub my face and make it worse. I've been using witch hazel for about two weeks, and my skin looks amazing. No more shine, much less acne, and my skin feels so much softer. I love this, and you can't beat it for a dollar at the pharmacy.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!
Reviewed on June 26, 2014

Yesterday I was just on this site reading all the great reviews while at work...I have very oily prone acne skin and have tried just about EVERYTHING!!!! So yesterday after being so anixous to leave work to go to the store grab me a bottle of this! In which I did, went straight home and used it. Face felt very fresh and clean...this morning used more and I can definitely see a gloss to my face it looks smooth like i put on a cover of makeup on! Im at work looking in my mirror now and this has only been the second day! Can't wait to see the long term results!!! DEFINITELY recommend to everyone!!!!

Clears up zits very quickly
Reviewed on June 4, 2014

I have dry skin and moderate acne. I've used this as a toner-like item for about 2 months and my skin really loves it. At first I just soaked a cotton ball and rubbed it on my face before I slept and it helped control my acne. I realized a few days ago that if you soak a cotton ball and apply it to a certain area of your face or a zit for a few minutes (or longer by putting a bandage over it so it stays) it dramatically reduces the size of the zit. If the zit is under the skin, it will bring it to a head (I end up popping it at that point and then reapplying another cotton ball to sterilize it). It has helped SO much. On certain areas of my face where I have a lot of black heads I will do the same and I can see a reduction in them and also find them easier to get out (I know you're not supposed to but I try to squeeze them out anyway). This is just generally really good for the skin, and I quickly got over the smell. (BTW, it does NOT smell like cat piss, I KNOW what cat piss smells like and this is not what it smells like lol). It dries my skin a bit, which sucks, but it does a good job with my acne so I'll get over it. Seriously, this is the only product that has ever really dramatically improved my acne. I just generally feel like natural products work so much better on my skin. I highly recommend witch hazel!

All-Natural Miracle!
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

I bought a bottle of the stuff a couple weeks ago and started using it immediately and noticed an amazing difference! I have pretty sensitive combination skin so oil balance is a big problem I have. At first I was using it every few hours and it really jump-started the clearing! My pores were noticeably smaller and my forehead was smoother than ever. However because I was using it so much it still took all the oils off my face making me break out. When I cut back to once or twice a day I saw that it kept only the necessarily oils on my face and didn't make me break out! Last night I decided to experiment by soaking a really bad blemish over night. I soaked a cotton ball and attached it to the blemish with a band-aid and went to bed. I woke up this morning and the blemish was almost gone! All that was left was a little red mark but the witch hazel had extracted out all of the bad bacteria. I did this on my shoulder so I don't know if I would recommend it for the face since it is pretty drying. Over all I am incredibly happy with the results, oh and it's only like $4 at the drugstore!

OH NOO
Reviewed on May 6, 2014

Hi all! I started breaking out from the middle of my cheeks to my jaw line (sometimes it spreads to the top of my neck :() about a month ago. Being 21, I was so sure my acne days were OVER. My skin before this was fine, I definitely wasn't happy with it at the time, but now that I have these breakouts I would do anything to get my old skin back! When I started getting acne on my cheeks and jaw line I wanted to CRY! And I STILL DO! I've been using Witch Hazel for about 3 weeks now. I was so hopeful that this would be the cure because of all the great reviews, but unfortunately it hasn't helped in the slightest. It hasn't agitated it and it definitely does make your face feel nice and fresh, but I haven't found that it reduces redness or size of pimples like other reviewers have claimed. It didn't help the oiliness or dryness of my skin either (I've always had a weird combination of both). Everything is still very much the same, and my breakouts are still attacking my face / life (lol, drama queen) and making me super self-conscious! My boyfriend jokes about my breakouts a lot as well which doesn't help my self esteem, haha. So unfortunately, I have to give the product 2 starts out of 5. 1 star for the inexpensiveness of it and the second for making my face feel fresh after use. I just bought Benzac AC cream from the pharmacy so am hoping for a miracle to come out of that! Good luck all.

by all4nature on 06/13/2014 20:08
From what you described, it sounds like your acne is attributed to hormone imbalance (like mine). In which case, most topical skin products are sadly incapable of treating...I hope you find this article as helpful as I did! [link removed] Best of luck, I know how frustrating and self-esteem diminishing acne is, so hang in there!!
by Diana1 on 07/22/2014 13:15
Please try Quinoderm 10 - it is amazing and has saved my face! contains benzoyl peroxide and can be drying but its the lesser of 2 evils :)
blackheads GONE in one use
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I bought the regular Dickinson brand of witch.hazel and I didn't think this would work.but when I woke up the blackheads on my nose were GONE and I bought this for an acne purpose and it helped the swelling on this giant pimple I had i will contine to use as a toner!

Amazed!
Reviewed on April 10, 2014

I have been using witch hazel for the past week as a toner twice daily after cleansing and I have seen such an amazing difference in my skin! The texture is softer, tone is more even, and I have seen a drastic reduction in acne with only 1 breakout so far, but a small one. I have struggled with acne for the past few years (I'm in my mid twenties) and it is devastating. Tried many many other expensive products including proactiv. Nothing i have ever tried has worked so well to improve my skin in every way. Acne gone. Tone evened. Skin soft. It's awesome. I would have never thought it would be this great. I will for sure be using witch hazel in place of other expensive products for years to come! The smell is a little unwelcoming, but it is working so I don't even care. I highly recommend using this stuff! My skin looks and feels

great and I find myself wearing less and less makeup every day. I have never written a review on a product but I felt compelled to write this because it helped me so much and I want to spread the word! Try it! Only costs around $6!

Miracle-worker
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

Literally nothing else has cleared up my acne so effectively and consistently. It's so simple, I just soak a cotton ball and rub it all over my face in the morning and before I go to bed, and though I still have a lot of hyperpigmentation, I have zero active pimples right now!

Strong recommending
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

i have nasty acne around my chin crease and hairline and i sweat like crazy and my acne got worse after all the treatments i have tried over the years. So when i got Witch Hazel, the first night i could already see a difference. my acne cleared up quickly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with the same skin conditions. This also works on any part of the body not just the face. i had acne all around my back and it cleared up after a couple days. This product works great, so if your sick of treatments that don't work, this can cure the curse of acne in an instant. I strongly suggest it!

Cheap and effective! Perfect
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I use this daily am and pm. I don't dilute it or anything in just dab some on a cotton balls and use it as an astringent it dries up active acne which I love! Makes my skin feel nice and doesn't dry me out!