Vitamin E reviews

4.3/5 - 180 reviews

Vitamin E

Not for everyone, but it worked for me
Reviewed on May 6, 2014

I use a product called "Beauty Oil" by Beauty Drops that was a combination of vitamin E, grapeseed oil, and safflower oil. I apply it in place of a commercial moisturizer after showering every morning while my face and hands are clean. Before I started using this, I would get new pimples every week, some of them lingered as bumps in my skin for months and never surfaced. The pimples that did surface would take ages to heal. After using this oil, my skin cleared up within a couple of days. What few new pimples appeared were small and cleared up within a day or two. My complexion has also evened out as old acne scars have faded. I used foundation on my face one day and that night, I got two new pimples. I don't know if it was by chance or caused by the foundation. I would at least say beware of using other facial products while you're using vitamin E oil on your face.

by Laylabuggy on 10/24/2014 12:01
Thank you! this gives me hope for my painful extremely embarrassing acne problem due to hormones :) thanku for sharing
Used it to prevent scarring, then it got worse :(
Reviewed on September 29, 2013

I tried using it on my one red scar, to accelerate the healing process. I religiously put it on my scar every night. To my surprise, it turned into a pimple again. After that pimple healed, I got a rolling scar. :( It isn't that deep but it's very noticeable. I REALLY regret using it on my scar in the first place, because at least it was just red but flat.

Additional info:

I have sensitive acne prone skin.

Strengthens under eye skin
Reviewed on September 4, 2013

I used vitamin E from a bottle in liquid form and placed it directly on the skin around my eyes. It firmed and even removed a few wrinkles! I'm only giving it a 4 star rating due to the fact that a week after I stopped applying it (ran out & haven't bought a replacement bottle) the skin seemed to not retain it's firmness, although it's not nearly as bad as it was when I started. So there's some maintenance to it, not a perm fixer but then again, not all beauty products are! I do believe that it's helped minimize the appearance of future wrinkles because I'm still complaining over the original few so there's something else! Over all a great product. Also, less is more with the bottle variety.

Reviewed on March 22, 2013

i have been using this for a few weeks for my leftover acne scars.my skin is smoother and looks nicer but it hasn't done anything for the scars

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I buy nature made Vitamin E capsules but you can buy just about any brand. I take 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I started to see results after 3 weeks. My skin became more even toned and resilient. My breakouts are less frequent and they are smaller in size. My scars are healing faster than ever.

Reviewed on February 25, 2013

I'm splitting my rating because opening up a capsule and putting it on dry cracked skin is amazing and deserves a 5 star but taking them internally for 3 months has done nothing for my dry skin or to help my spots.

by Laylabuggy on 10/24/2014 12:06
Thank you I noticed the same thing, I was taking E orally and nothing and then I figured out that NERIUM AD works amazing an less breakouts an less red an discoloration. It has Vit E in the product & it also works amazing for deep set In wrinkles.
Reviewed on February 24, 2013

I'm 30, male, have had mod. acne for a long time.. I did a full round of accutane several years ago, but didn't 100% cure it. I started using Purpose soap, & for treatment Dan's Benzoyl P. mix. and Neutrogena lotion. Skin looked a lot better, but not quite there yet.

Then I read stuff about Vit E 400iu and decided I'd give it a shot.

Wow

Wish I'd known how important Vit E is, it has helped so much. after 2 weeks, skin was more elastic, hydrated, and clear. 1 month even better. try it.

Reviewed on September 20, 2012

I love vitamin e! i've been taking the capsules internally for a while now as well as using the purest form of vitamin e oil (that i could find) topically on my face and also in my hair. It has significantly improved my skins redness, and helped with breakouts. My hair is amazing now! the oil has helped it to grow much faster and come in thicker, not necessarily thicker in strand, but thicker in the fact that i have more hair now. the only catch is, taking too much vitamin e can seriously hurt your body. i did a lot of research and studies have shown that people who consumed 1000UI or more had lots of troubles, and lost their hair! but after they stopped taking so much it grew back, so don't overdose on it! just take the 400 UI each day that's recommended on the bottle. and the oil is easy to dilute, just mix it with olive oil or any essential oils: coconut, peppermint, rosemary, jojoba oil, etc. it worked wonders for me!

Reviewed on July 18, 2012

I've been taking 250mg of Vit. E everyday for a few months now, and I've realised that ALL the acne on my forehead has basically disappeared! I still have some light acne on my cheeks, but i am very happy with the results!

I also have eczema, and it's helped my skin feel less dry.

Reviewed on May 17, 2012

I found a vitamin e gel in walgreen's and decided to try it. I have some old and new acne scars and I can see a difference after only two days. I love the gel because it has no odor, it's not greasy, and absorbs right into the skin. I've also been using tea tree gel which is good, but this seems a little better. I wish I had started using this a long time ago!!!