Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.3/5 - 449 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Didn't like it.
Reviewed on July 13, 2016

It didn't make any difference for me in the oiliness of my skin, the appearance of my marks or the state of my current acne. If anything, my t-zone seemed more shiny & sticky after applying this. I also just didn't like the feeling of it - it didn't give my skin that "light, fresh and clean" feel that toners usually do. It felt more heavy, like putting another layer of something onto my skin.

Works great
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I use this as an after face wash rinse when I'm in the shower. I dilute about 1/4 of a cup of Apple cider vinegar in about 2 cups of water. Then I add like 15-25 drops lavender essential oil into the mix. I wash my face, then spray the mixture onto my hand and then apply it to my face. I leave it on my face about 5 seconds (eyes and mouth closed obviously lol) and then wash it off. Works great, controls oils, clears my complexion.

NO NO NO!
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

This may work for some but it really isn't worth all the hassle! The apple cider vinegar smells absolutely VILE and it makes you face feel really sticky. Not to mention, apple cider vinegar made my face extremely red! Avoid at all costs.

Apple cider works better than the normal
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

Vinegar-Specially ACV works better. I found it too harsh when used un diluted and when used all by itself. I have a sensitive skin. I have used this with bentonite clay and green tea and it works well.

Quite Good
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

Vinegar actually worked well on my skin. After using it for a week, my skin seemed to be visibly clearer. I only suffer from a little acne, so it might not be much, but I recommend it anyway. It didn't help with scarring or anything like that, but my pimples were a lot less red. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Hope you try it too.

Help!?
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

I have been battling acne for quite some time now. I have tried all store bought things and even went to a few different dermatologist but nothing works. I already have a lot of scar marks, large pores and so on included with my acne. Well about a week or two ago I heard about Apple Cider Vinegar used for acne so I decided I would read on it and try it out. I seen a few different directions on how to use it so I started out using 2 part water 1 part vinegar and dabbed it on my face with a q tip, left it on for bout 30 min and rinsed. I did this a couple times a day for about 3 days. I did not see any results. I took a break from using it for 2 or 3 days. Well last night I was reading about it again along with a few other things. I read holding ice on your face for a few minutes helps reduce pores. So I figured I would try this along with what I had just read about apple cider vinegar. So last night I washed my face, wrapped a few ice cube in a rag and held it on my face for a few minutes, then I mixed 1 part vinegar 1 part water and soaked a cotton ball in it and used that to wipe it on my face, I left it a few minutes then rinsed it and followed with moisturizer. This morning I woke up with two red areas on my cheeks just right before the cheek bone. They do not hurt or anything they are just bbig red spot on both sides. Why did this happen? Is it normal? Am I doing this right? I need help ! I just am ready to win my battle of acne!!!

Has not work for me
Reviewed on April 8, 2016

ACV has not work me. I used as a toner since end of February 2016, yet no results. I am still breaking out. I used it twice a day. I started as 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water now I just used the vinegar alone. I mean it has not work. It not making it worst (that is the only good part). Maybe my acne is s severe. I been having acne since I was 13. I am now 28 and I just so over it. I tried everything.

by Haru8 on 06/01/2016 02:03
Stop using face cleanser. Instead wash your face at night with coconut oil and warm cloth. In the morning just wash your face with warm cloth and apply acv toner. You HAVE to dilute the vinegar with water. Try this and maybe your acne problem finally will go away. Throw the face cleanser away.
by LalaE on 06/05/2016 19:56
Using coconut oil (or any oil) is not for everyone and could make you break out even more. Are you only using AVC? Maybe you need a good spot treatment as well. I personally have noticed that changing my diet has helped my acne tremendously. I am dairy free, I drink mostly water, no sugary drinks, and I try to reduce my oil intake. I would also suggest meeting with someone who knows skin. I have gotten acne facials that have also significantly reduced my acne! It can be pricy (which is why Im using acne.org otherwise I would still be going to my facialist.) but worth it! Hope this helps!
Apple cider vinegar is AMAZING
Reviewed on March 28, 2016

I use it as a toner and it kills my acne while balancing my ph level. I started with 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water then 2 weeks later I did 1 part vinegar 2 parts water and then after a month I did 1 part vinegar with a small dash of water. Might get rid of a lot of your acne overnight and this is coming from someone who tried everything.

by elzsmsr on 05/25/2016 05:40
Hello! I had three times laser resurfacing, before my skin was fine but now facing massive break out on my neck. Been reading about the AVC lately, could you tell me how your skin reacted for the first week of the AVC treatment? Looking forward for your reply.
by MatureSkined on 06/11/2016 19:18
Hey, can I ask in what week did you start seeing results?
Worth a try
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

Good so far for me , been 2 -3 weeks and almost all skin is clear. I always moisturise as it can dry skin after applying mix of acv/water. Worth a try if you have acne!

..STANDING OVATION!
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

Im 26, and im having a mild breakout. Mild that is limited only to flakiness, few pustules, few blackheads and whiteheads, rare cystic one. Not all at the same time, but im breaking out even in the most rare areas of my face(eyebrow, nose line),very annoying! Im guessing this could be hormonal,leading to "leaky gut" (please read about leaky gut, it will aid in your treatment with acne).

So i looked in the internet thru reviews (acne.org), blogs, information sites about the organic, raw, unpasteurized "with the mother" ACV. Ive read about it before, but never really curious to try (because my acne treatment is still going well).

verdict: Thumbs up! Hands up! STANDING OVATION! 1-3 days usage, flakiness gone, red patches gone, few clogged pores remain, minimized whiteheads and blackheads, skins look clearer and whiter. Im on my 1week of using it as a facial toner, and voila, no new cystic one, PROMISE! so far, only 5 treatable pustules emerge, but not all at same time during application.

P.S. I have included treating "leaky gut", while treating acne. I drink 1 tbsp ACV, 3x a day. Morning, noon and before going to bed. This helps my skin clearing, just as short as 1 week:)