Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.3/5 - 455 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Works great
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I use this as an after face wash rinse when I'm in the shower. I dilute about 1/4 of a cup of Apple cider vinegar in about 2 cups of water. Then I add like 15-25 drops lavender essential oil into the mix. I wash my face, then spray the mixture onto my hand and then apply it to my face. I leave it on my face about 5 seconds (eyes and mouth closed obviously lol) and then wash it off. Works great, controls oils, clears my complexion. ACV has vitamin C in it so don't wear this sh*t outside, it will cause sun damage. Use only at night before bed and wash it off in the morning.

Works sometimes but be VERY careful!
Reviewed on May 22, 2017

I tried this on my nose, it works but be very careful not to do overdo it as I did. It caused the spot to go but the skin never healed afterwards. I have now had a spot on my nose that hasn't properly healed for nearly a year. I have been to a dermatologist and was going to have it cut out in case it was cancerous. This has now been postponed as it seems to finally be healing. If you have spots avoid using a 1:1, 2:1 or even a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of water to vinegar as you may end up scaring yourself permanently or worse, creating cancerous cells in your skin. In my opinion a few spots or blemishes are nothing when you open up the possibility of a skin graft on your face, I kid you not. Eat well, cut out all processed food, exercise and don't smoke or drink excessively, putting vinegar on your face is not the answer, or anywhere else on your skin for that matter. What's worse, skin cancer or acne? You decide.

by amz183 on 06/05/2017 01:23
I don't think the vinegar can give you cancer.
Temporary
Reviewed on February 11, 2017

This worked temporarily on my body, but after about a week of use it had diminishing returns and just dried out my skin.

didn't work for me
Reviewed on January 31, 2017

I used 100% organic one and i mixed it with water but it still burned my face. my face was completely red and it was hurting. i quit using it since 2nd try

Worked 100 x better thhan proactive
Reviewed on November 10, 2016

I wash my face with slightly diluted vinegar every day. It cleared up my acne in 2 weeks.

I tried proactive b4 and it only made my acne worse. I have lots of blackheads and oily skin. I would pick at my acne and it was badddd. All over my face.

So hot water and vinegar scrub it in, let it sit on ur face 5 min. Rinse.

I also do 1x week baking soda scrub on my face. Makes my skin fresh and soft.

I tried lots of acne medications and none did anything. But this vinegar is a lifesaver.

No, No ... Just No!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

No, No ... Just No! I tried using a very weak solution of Apple Cider Vinegar in water to treat my skin. One use gave me the equivalent of a nasty sunburn. It serves me right for not doing a patch test first. This might work great for some people, but it was a definite fail for me.

by cocol on 01/21/2017 21:11
ME TOO I have heard amazing things and I was so confused, It made my pimples look twice the size and it hurt so much. It just aggravated my skin.
Good product
Reviewed on September 9, 2016

Apple vinegar is very useful product for face as well as hair, it needs only the continuity in treatment to give nice results.

Didn't like it.
Reviewed on July 13, 2016

It didn't make any difference for me in the oiliness of my skin, the appearance of my marks or the state of my current acne. If anything, my t-zone seemed more shiny & sticky after applying this. I also just didn't like the feeling of it - it didn't give my skin that "light, fresh and clean" feel that toners usually do. It felt more heavy, like putting another layer of something onto my skin.

NO NO NO!
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

This may work for some but it really isn't worth all the hassle! The apple cider vinegar smells absolutely VILE and it makes you face feel really sticky. Not to mention, apple cider vinegar made my face extremely red! Avoid at all costs.

Apple cider works better than the normal
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

Vinegar-Specially ACV works better. I found it too harsh when used un diluted and when used all by itself. I have a sensitive skin. I have used this with bentonite clay and green tea and it works well.