Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 421 reviews
Vinegar (as a topical)

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

So, so
Reviewed on April 26, 2015

About 3 moths ago I started using Braggs acv diluted as a toner. At first I was very excited because of the positive reviews It had, but soon to be my 3rd month using it, it has done a mediocre job. I wonder if it's because I use salicylic gel after it, or BP, then moisturize. I really wanted to work, If any of you guys could answer my question of should I be using BP or salicylic acid after the toner it would really help? :(

Does it work..?
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

I’m a teen and these past years I’ve been having breakouts. It was totally fine before but it suddenly happened. And I think I have sensitive skin. I’ve been seeking help and have tried different products and home remedies. I even tried to take zinc supplements cause I heard it might help. But my skin just keeps getting worse so I went to consult a doctor and was prescribed a couple of natural products as well as skin peeling sessions. After that,some of the previous scars are gone but now acne only appears on my cheeks and they won't go away,I think they've been there for months. It's always the same old spots,sometimes they seem to be healing and then it suddenly becomes redder again and forms a head. And then sometimes a new one pops out. I don't know what causes this,I don't let anything get close to my face at all,I wash my face everyday and I don't smoke. I don't know what else to do so I researched and heard about vinegar so I mixed White rice vinegar with water cause I only have that at home. It's been 3 days since I'm using it and so far I still don't see improvement only that my face seems to look a bit..whiter? I'm just using that,a facial cleanser and moisturizer for now. How long should I continue using the vinegar?

by eskaym0 on 04/21/2015 14:29
Don't use rice vinegar or even white vinegar ! You should buy organic Apple cider vinegar from GNC or another vitamin store. Start off By diluting it with a little bit of water then after your skin gets used to it you can try full strength.
This review is based on Braggs ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR***
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

For those of you hopeless individuals who have tried ACV with no luck i seriously suggest you try again. I had horrible acne growing up and yes it did start clearing up once i hit my twenties (I am now 26) but it did not completely stop. I still had breakouts pretty often especially before my period. I started applying Braggs as a toner right after washing/drying my face. Dont get me wrong, i had to use an ENTIRE bottle before i started seeing results. I am now on my 4th bottle, id say its been more than a year now and i have NO ACNE whatsoever! I literally cant remember the last time i broke out. I do get one occasional, sometimes unnoticeable, pimple once every few months and even thats a rarity. I have never experienced skin i dont have to cover up and i cant remember the last time i wondered if ill be breaking out before an event months in advance. My skin has become the least of my problems. Along with this toner I have also incorporated Vitamin C serum into my regimen (after ACV) and my skin is glowing. One thing i will point out however, is that putting this on some existing acne actually keeps it from coming to a head which in my opinion makes it linger on your face a lot longer. Other than that minor issue i cant find anything wrong with this miracle product. I hope this works for others as well as it has worked for me. BTW I would NOT recommend using heinz/white vinegar but thats just my opinion)

by Dryheaves on 04/09/2015 23:21
How do you apply it? Do you leave it on or wash it off
by eskaym0 on 04/21/2015 14:26
I use it as a toner after I wash my face then wait for it to dry and continue with moisturizer
by eskaym0 on 04/21/2015 14:34
I do not wash it off until the end of the day when I wash my face and even then I reapply it before applying benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer
by eskaym0 on 04/21/2015 14:34
Apple Cider Vinegar (test)
Reviewed on March 18, 2015

I've been attempting to use Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner for the last 4 days. So far I'm seeing pretty surprising results. It's only been 4 days though. I've started a blog to record my progress. For now... I'll rate it 3 stars but I'll change that once I've given it more time.

Take a look at my blog if you'd like to follow along with this test before or while testing it yourself. The link is actually part of this same site and I do add in the amount of Apple Cider Vinegar I'm using plus my regimen. If you have any advise, I'd love to hear it too :) - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/8215/entry-30004-apple-cider-vinegar-toner-introduction/

Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne (cystic)
Reviewed on March 16, 2015

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) was an odd choice at first. I didn't like the smell and I had been dealing with acne since I was 10 years old. I am very pale complected and have breakouts mainly on the sides of my face, forehead and upper lip. I have tried all of the TV products, internal medicine and over the counter things like Clearasil and Neutrogena. I keep my hair away from my face, I do not use makeup and I keep my face as much away from sun exposure as possible.

I started using ACV and at first my acne was more irritated (red and bulky) for about 2 weeks. I noticed that the tiny bumps of acne went away and the redness began to fade. I will say as I was reading the other reviews on here that the ones that gave the worst reviews were not done properly. This NEEDS to be diluted whether you have oily skin or not. Every skin type is different,so when you mix it with water you may notice have to put more or less water as you try this. You may have to have half water half vinegar or a ratio of 2:3 or 1:3 water to vinegar. It just depends. I would suggest shaking the mix and placing it in a plastic or glass container and applying with a clean cotton ball. Overall there were significant changes within a month. Very pleased and cost less. If you want faster results I would suggest drinking some of it with water as well. There were EXTREME changes within 2 months of applying and the the second month applying/drinking. BEST OF LUCK!

by Jeneennnn on 03/17/2015 05:24
is your acne gone yet?
by Merida D on 03/18/2015 02:11
Not completely, but that is because I just started using a new birth control method. It's still wonderful. I haven't had cystic type in a while wich is such a relief.....
Clearing my skin up
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

its been less then a week and my skin it is definitely smoothing out my acne bumps and stoping any breakouts. im so thankful i tried this.

It really does work!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I'm a 43 year old woman with moderate acne - white heads, black heads and cystic pimples. I use to control them with proactiv. It worked really well for 8 years then I've decided to go natural for health reasons. As soon as I weaned off Proctiv my skin went crazy! After numerous Internet research I came across ACV (Bragg brand) toner. So I used 50/50 mix with filtered water, religiously morning and night (do not wash off. Leave them on as a toner). As I have an olive skin the strong mix didn't irritate my skin at all. 1st week, It improved the texture of my skin with less oil. I've noticed existing pimples were dying but I would get new pimples in different areas I guess My skin was purging. by end of 2nd week all the acne died off leaving marks. 3rd week scars started to fade.. I would get tiny pimple but it would go away within hours. I'm on my 4th week, I feel so confident with my skin now. I stop worrying about new acne forming every morning. Also ACV toner does get rid off those stubborn black heads. The smell does linger a little. I also drink ACV once a day. 1 tablespoon with a cup of water. Be patient and give it a go.

by 2and2m5 on 02/24/2015 03:57
How do u apply it?
by 2and2m5 on 02/24/2015 04:07
How do u apply it?
by jessiemoo on 02/25/2015 11:35
So in a little container mix 50/50 of ACV/filtered water. Depends if your skin is sensitive. I have an olive complexion so 50/50 mix works well on my skin without redness or irritation. Make sure you mix well before use and wet it on a makeup pad or cotton ball and gently wipe it on your skin. If you have stubborn acne get a cotton bud dampen it with a full strength ACV and dab it on the area.
Is it working?
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I'm 16 now, and have had acne since I was about 13. It has only gotten worse over the years. I don't know why, but it's always worst in the winter (I live in Norway btw) In the summer I tend to clear up. Especially if I go to the beach a lot.

I've haven't really tried that many different products. First I tried tea tree, but it stopped working. Then I used BP, which worked for a while and then stopped working too. I started to get really into natural skincare so I tried the "caveman regimen" for 2 weeks (during christmas so I didn't go to school and didn't wear makeup). It kinda worked. I didn't get any new zits just a lot of lumps around my chin and dry skin. When I stopped "the caveman regimen" those lumps turned in to acne ( I've never had a lot of acne on my chin or my cheeks but after the caveman regimen I did) Then I tried using saltwater, it didn't make it any worse but it didn't help either..

So I read a lot on ACV and decided to give it a try. I use apply a 50/50 mixture of water and ACV with a cotton pad in the evening (I use jojoba oil as a moisturizer and i wear mineral makeup) I'm two weeks in now and my acne is worse than ever. I guess my skin is purging? . My skin is really soft though and it seems to glow a lot more. Should I keep going? I really want it to work.

by chizzyxiena on 01/31/2015 02:29
I had the same case as you. I'm on more than 2 mos. now of using acv. On the 1st mo. I purged like crazy. I still continued using it. Right now, my cheeks & chin are 96% smooth, only scars left. But my forehead still on the process of healing. I don't know why it takes so long to heal. I'm using 1:4 mixture of acv to distilled water respectively. Don't forget to moisturize.
by Sunniz98 on 01/31/2015 11:08
Thank you for answering:) it's so good to hear that it gets better.
by chizzyxiena on 01/31/2015 13:32
Ur welcome! Maybe a 50/50 mixture is harsh on ur skin. U might want to dilute it a little bit more. I only use it once a day, in the evening, coz I have sensitive skin. Hope it works for you as well. :)
by Sunniz98 on 02/05/2015 09:39
So i tried your method, and my skin is doing so much better. It's not as red as it was and I really feel like my acne is going away:) thanks a lot, again, haha;)
by ceklis on 02/07/2015 21:31
Hey, the reason your acne disappear in summer might be the Vitamin D. If I were you I would search for the connection between Vit D and acne. Maybe you can solve your acne problem by supplementing with Vit D3.
by Ameliox on 02/17/2015 16:28
always worst in the winter --> lack of vitamin D. Try to take vitamin D.
by Jeneennnn on 03/17/2015 05:26
Did it work? It's been a couple of months
by Acnefor6yearsnow on 04/15/2015 05:43
It will take about a month or longer to see results. I used to always wonder why my acne wasn't going away when I was applying things to my face. I wasn't giving it time to do it's magic. It takes time for your skin to get used to what you're putting on it.
Average
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Didn't really work for me. Irritating and yet didn't seem to reduce cystic acne significantly. Only for the lightest of cases of acne.

by 2and2m5 on 02/24/2015 03:59
The only thing that really helps is sun bathing.
FINALLY
Reviewed on December 28, 2014

I have finally found something that has worked for my acne scars that would usually go away after many months. Mix APV, water, and some aloe vera gel for a DIY toner and it works wonders on scars. I am also using benzoyl peroxide and adapalene gel after i use this natural toner and Olay moisturizer with an SPF of 15. It started working within 1-3 days. For my active acne, the gel, along with this toner caused drying which was okay because after a few days, my acne started to go away. I am only a week into this routine and my skin has improved more than it had with all the other expensive treatments I had tried for years.

by Brooke36 on 02/09/2015 23:18
Is APV Apple Cider Vinegar?