Potato reviews

4.3/5 - 28 reviews

Did nothing for me :/
Reviewed on June 18, 2017

It didn't make my acne any worse, but it did nothing to help my scars. I would cut a fresh potato into thin slices and rub them all over my face then leave them on overnight; I did this for two weeks, no difference.

Eh
Reviewed on June 11, 2017

So I used the regular potatos and rubbed the juice on my face and idk I couldn't see any difference even though i did it for a week. Wouldn't clear my acne scars (I have light brown/tan skin)

Sweet potatoes
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

I must be frank, I know nothing of how rubbing raw potatoes on the skin can react with acne. However, I do know how consuming potatoes (specifically sweet potatoes) affect acne. Sweet potatoes, I've read from multiple sources, actually refrain from spiking a person's blood sugar (and keeping blood sugar balanced is quite important to maintain clear skin)...unlike white potatoes, and react rather positively with people who have sensitive, acne prone skin. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B, etc. In my personal life, I found that increasing my consumption of sweet potatoes did in fact help my skin over a period of months. Sometimes a small diet change can have a large affect on skin. Best of luck!

itchy..?
Reviewed on February 25, 2017

i rubbed my face with potato ONCE and within 5 minutes it got itchy and red. i immediately washed it with water and facial soap. i'll try again one more time except with another potato.

any one else have this??

OH-MY-GOD!
Reviewed on January 31, 2017

i just made the account to write this cuz i want everybody to know this. I'm using potato's juice on my whole face now, it just blocks new acne, kills the active ones, fades out the scars, and brighten the color. Yeah im very serious about that it brightens your color too. It has B5 in it, i think it kills the acne. just apply it every night and it will remove all of your blemishes and acne.

by Despicable_me on 03/01/2017 12:06
I have severe acne problem. I've started using potato on my face recently. I just blend potato and use that blended potato on my face. Is that okay? Or I have seperate the juice and then use it?
Oral Allergy Syndrome - Don't Use!!
Reviewed on January 15, 2017

For someone who has Oral Allergy Syndrome this didn't work for me at all. I'm a teenager with mild acne scarring.

What I did was washed and peeled a potato, slicing it and rubbing it over my face with the juice and then slicing the potato thinner so I could apply the potato as sheets to my acne scars. After a couple of minutes my face started itching all over where I had applied the potato juice and I ended up washing my face immediately before 5 minutes was even up. My face had formed bumps and went all red like I had an allergic reaction (which I didn't realise until afterwards that it could be due to OAS).

All I can recommend is that if you have OAS then I suggest you don't try this as you might have an allergic reaction similar to mine. If you don't have OAS and you experience the same reaction as mine then I suggest you wash your face immediately and apply baby powder all over where you applied the potato juice. This is what I did and went to sleep with the baby powder on my face and the bumps and redness had calmed completely overnight.

The only reason I give 2 stars is that I had a bed reaction to it, although this may not be the case if I didn't have OAS. All I can say is that if you don't experience any OAS symptoms then potato juice may work for you, it just didn't work for me.

Thanks

Freckles
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

Hi all,does potato juice work on freckles?If any homemade treatments are available plz share ....thnx

BRILLIANT - soothing for cystic acne and fades scars too
Reviewed on September 27, 2016

OK, so you can tell by my username I'm a fan! I've had mild acne (just the occasional zit really) most of my life since I was about 19. (I'm 43 now). Any time I've had more than two cystic zits at a time I've gone to the doc's or dermatologist to see what they could do (antibiotics, birth control, Roaccutane, I've tried them all - nothing worked.) Then about 5 months ago I had a bad reaction to probiotics (milk kefir actually) and developed really bad cysts on my neck. Horrendous. It calmed down when I stopped taking the kefir but my skin hasn't completely gone back to normal, because since then I get on average one or two new spots each day.

I've been trying to eat more cleanly (lots more veg, lemon water, green tea, peppermint tea, organic foods as much as poss) but I now have what I guess is moderate acne - mostly on my neck but also other areas too. I ditched all chemical skincare products a few months ago, and have washed my face with all sorts of random stuff from the kitchen - honey, oats, bicarbonate of soda, turmeric and chickpea paste - and a few oils (olive, castor, jojoba, argan, etc.)

Some of these things have calmed down the acne, but NOTHING takes away the sting like rubbing a potato all over the affected area. Try it - it's so soothing, and it actually brings down the inflammation immediately! My spots don't get me down so much when I can't feel them. I've been doing this about 3 times a day for the last 5 days or so (for 5-20 mins, depending on time availability) and I'm impressed with the results on active zits and on scars as well. Not a complete cure yet for me, but I also started drinking potato juice on an empty stomach in the morning and at night before bed a few days ago, and I feel that if it soothes my insides as much as it does my skin, it's got to be a good thing.

I understand this is a long term thing though, so I will update in a few months if I see any changes. Anyway, don't delay a second longer, go grab a spud, chop it and rub it on your face! I can't believe it's taken me over 20 years and the answer was in my kitchen cupboard all along!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND-Really works to fade acne scars
Reviewed on August 29, 2016

I have a tan complexion so my acne always results in scars on my face. I been using potato peels on my face for about 1 month, it has legit made a massive impact in fading my scars. I take a potato wash it and cut in half. Using a peeler i cut thin slices and apply the peel directly on my face. I leave it on for 20 minutes, it will start to get dry....remove and repeat. I do this every night for 1 hour ( 20 min intervals X3).

You can honestly see the difference in fading the scars the night of. Not only does it help fade the dark spots, it actually helps reduce the acne from becoming red and inflamed..keeps those about to pop pimples small and clean to pop (if that makes sense).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Someone who has been using Retin A (1%) , Vitamin C serum and Glycolic acid. Adding this to my regimen speeds up the process-and it super cheap!

by HeartGee on 10/30/2016 14:57
Please help! How did you incorporate the potatoes to your skin care routine? What is your process? For example, wash face, slices potatoes to skin, rinse, toner, moisturise etc.?
by Queen_crystal on 05/30/2017 02:00
Red potatoes work?
Life forever changed
Reviewed on August 2, 2016

I've had acne for God knows how long. I think it started around 6th grade; super infrequent but just got worse once I got to high school. By senior year, it was too rare if I had a "clear skin day". I used proactiv for about two years and decided I didn't want to keep my skin addicted to it. Especially in college when I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore. It kept my skin under control, but wasn't like a "wonder product" or anything. I had literally tried everything for my face after that though. Diaper rash cream, sugar, sea salt, clarisonic, oatmeal, origins skincare regimen , avoiding dairy--nothing worked for me. I finally decided to go to a derm because it got to the point where the day before senior ditch day, I cried because I couldn't take the self consciousness. I felt like I was the only one going through this. I had always been addicted to picking at everything and I couldn't go out in public without some sort of concealer on my face. When I went to the derm, she prescribed me clyndamycin, oral antibiotics called doxycycline, tretinoin cream, and panoxyl face wash for in the shower. Didn't really work for me, even after the 2 months of testing it out. My friend told me that maybe it was the unnatural acne products that were making my skin addicted. So while I was on vacation, I tried out potato. I had read reviews and my auntie always said it was a miracle product for her skin when she was a teenager. So I bought an organic potato and cut a thin spherical strip off. I rubbed it all over my face, nothing else. Then just let it dry. The first few weeks nothing really dramatic changed. I mean it made my skin feel cleaner and I think my skin was backlashing from the lack of acne products from the derm. But here I am a month later and almost all of my marks are gone, I literally never get that overnight acne that would pop up or really any pimples for that matter. My skin is clear and my life is completely changed forever.

P.S. The fresh face masks from Lush are miracle products too. They're all natural and I would never think to use any other masks on my face anymore.

by agdlr on 08/14/2016 22:57
Did you use it everyday? Is it better for 20 or 30 minutes each time you apply it?