Potato reviews

4.8/5 - 6 reviews

Really Works!
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

It's best to grate half a potato and squeeze the juice out into a small container - I use my hands to squeeze, no muslin cloth /: - and leave it in the fridge. I like the feeling of cold juice on my skin :). Take a piece of cotton wool and dab it into the juice and rub it all over the acne + dark marks (hyperpigmentation). I usually do this like 10 times a day. I know that seems exaggerated, but I'm on holiday and not doing much, so? It's been 2 weeks and the dark marks have lightened 50% and the pimples have dramatically reduced. There's like 2 only, compared to 15 /: it really works!

Reviewed on July 7, 2012

I keep a potato in the fridge and after cleaning my face, i cut a few slices of potato with a peeler and rub it over my skin. I let it dry for at least 15 min, sometimes up to an hour depending on when I decide to finally take a shower. I do this at night normally, sometimes in the morning on weekends. The more I use it, the clearer my face gets. I now only use this and Sebamed face wash. Once I started using the potato mask at least 4 times a week, I noticed a huge difference.

I haven't noticed specific lightening of dark spots, but overall my face has gotten less red and more flat/smooth. Only negative is that it is drying, and I haven't found a moisturizer that doesn't cause breakouts. I would recommend using every other day or every 2 days if it causes you to peel. Definitely give it a go!

Potato's are acidic and I believe that is what's made the difference! :)

Reviewed on April 8, 2012

i have been using raw potatoes and rubbing them onto my face for about 1 1/2 days. I immediately noticed a difference. My acne dried out and my dark spots started to lighten dramatically

Reviewed on February 14, 2012

I've suffered from acne since I was 10(I'm 17 now.) I didn't have much knowledge about acne and didn't know that it could scar so badly. I'm still figuring out new things about it, since I'm still young. I have really bad scarring on my face and I feel like I have to do something about it, as it affects my self confidence so much. After lot's of research, I've decided to go with something natural; potatoes. For the past 2 nights, I've been rubbing potato slices on my cheeks, where the acne scars are, and so far there haven't been any results, but I'm happy with the usage as it hasn't caused me to break out, as I would normally, upon the use of something foreign on my face. I will continue to use it every night and I will update the results in a month :)

Reviewed on July 21, 2010

I've been rubbing raw potatoes on my scars twice a day for about two weeks and they have lightened so much already! Hopefully they will be gone by the end of the month. Potatoes really work, who knew?! They also dont cause me to break out which is good so that i dont get any new scars.

Reviewed on January 25, 2010

I was surprised to find that there were no reviews for potatoes...

I've had acne for 2-3 years (I'm only 15)

but I've always said to myself that my skin would look so much better if I had no scars because the scars make it seem like I have tons of acne but I only have a few and the rest are just scars

I strongly recommend using potatoes(organic), I find it works better :)

Just cut 2 thin slices of a potato and rub in circular motions on your face for a couple minutes and let it relax for 15 min then wash with water

I swear this is going to work for your scars

Been using it for a week and my acne scars have reduced so much!!!! I hope they will be gone by next week :)

I cut the 2 slices then I wrap the potato up and leave it in the refrigerator for the next use :D