Potato reviews

4.7/5 - 19 reviews

Life forever changed
Reviewed on August 2, 2016

I've had acne for God knows how long. I think it started around 6th grade; super infrequent but just got worse once I got to high school. By senior year, it was too rare if I had a "clear skin day". I used proactiv for about two years and decided I didn't want to keep my skin addicted to it. Especially in college when I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore. It kept my skin under control, but wasn't like a "wonder product" or anything. I had literally tried everything for my face after that though. Diaper rash cream, sugar, sea salt, clarisonic, oatmeal, origins skincare regimen , avoiding dairy--nothing worked for me. I finally decided to go to a derm because it got to the point where the day before senior ditch day, I cried because I couldn't take the self consciousness. I felt like I was the only one going through this. I had always been addicted to picking at everything and I couldn't go out in public without some sort of concealer on my face. When I went to the derm, she prescribed me clyndamycin, oral antibiotics called doxycycline, tretinoin cream, and panoxyl face wash for in the shower. Didn't really work for me, even after the 2 months of testing it out. My friend told me that maybe it was the unnatural acne products that were making my skin addicted. So while I was on vacation, I tried out potato. I had read reviews and my auntie always said it was a miracle product for her skin when she was a teenager. So I bought an organic potato and cut a thin spherical strip off. I rubbed it all over my face, nothing else. Then just let it dry. The first few weeks nothing really dramatic changed. I mean it made my skin feel cleaner and I think my skin was backlashing from the lack of acne products from the derm. But here I am a month later and almost all of my marks are gone, I literally never get that overnight acne that would pop up or really any pimples for that matter. My skin is clear and my life is completely changed forever.

P.S. The fresh face masks from Lush are miracle products too. They're all natural and I would never think to use any other masks on my face anymore.

by agdlr on 08/14/2016 22:57
Did you use it everyday? Is it better for 20 or 30 minutes each time you apply it?
wish me luck
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

i will try this for one week, if it doesn't work, blame is on MANSHA C!

Review
Reviewed on June 26, 2016

I had acne almost 10 years.I tried everything; home remedies and dermatologist, but never got any good result. I decided to try potato, and it worked very well. I have been using potato for almost 1month and my face skin is almost clear, and it worked for my black patch on chin also. Hope it will help you :)

One thing is you have to be be patient, try it for like a month or 2.

Miracle???
Reviewed on February 21, 2016

I got acne breakout in September 2015. Now, I only have the scars but I still have pimples though. But not that many. I tried everything but nothing worked. I mean, it worked but not completely. I want to remove my pimples for good and never come back. I tried potato and I think it is a miracle because when I tried it on my face, I could literally see that my pimples are getting dry real quick! The next day I checked my face and guess what? My pimples are gone. But the scars are stubborn. I'm going to continue this until my pimple marks are completely gone. :) Hope this helps

by oyes on 03/21/2016 16:42
i also have breakout from sept. 2015 :( from coconut oil
Okay, so here's the key to POTATO JUICE...
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

...I stumbled upon a weird blurb about raw potato juice about 3 years ago in regards to dealing with acne. It works great when topically applied, but the real key is to actually DRINK the juice.

I juice 2 red potatoes with the peel on (make sure they are free of black spots and sprouts, they should be fresh) in the morning and I drink it on an empty stomach. Then I drink it again at night before bed, about 3 hours after dinner. I do this daily. (Regular old russet brown potatoes work also.) *TIP: Drink the juice straight away and quickly. If it sits too long, it will seperate leaving powder at the bottom of the glass and also, potato juice will oxidize and turn bad fast.*

2-3 times a week I save a bit of the juice to apply to my face and leave on for 5 minutes before jumping in the shower (my skin gets flaky if I do this more often.)

This combation clears my skin completely in just 3 days. The only annoying part of this is cleaning the juicer.

Potato juice is disgusting to drink on its own but totally worth it. I believe it will still work if you add something to sweeten it like apple, pear or carrot to make it taste better.

I'm 35 years old and still struggle with hormonal acne. This is the only remedy I have come across that dramatically clears my skin and quickly. I really have tried EVERY suggestion out there. I've discovered that this stops the acne from the inside, which is what everyone is wanting. I hope this helps you too.

by healthy spirit on 03/18/2016 19:19
I was 27 with VERY bad acne, dark under eyes circles when I discovered a YouTube video on acne.....I started juicing, not blending, potatoe, carrot, celery juice and within 2 weeks skin was completely free of acne, within 30 days my skin was soooo bright, smooth, acne scarring had completely cleared and a Bonus!.......after 2 months my hair had grown so much! It was longer and thicker than it had ever been my entire adult life!!! My hairline was the BEST part! After I got lazy, a bit side tracked with life, eating bad foods again and not giving my body the RAW nutrients it obviously thrived off of, my body reverted back. I cried in the mirror one day bcuz for the first time I felt naturally beautiful, no make-up or fake hair to hide my imperfections. Juicing raw foods REALLY works! It was time consuming so one could easily give up for that reason but the results are sooo worth it! I see better, quicker results juicing vs blending but both ways can be beneficial, fiber intake comes when blending.
Give it a go
Reviewed on September 19, 2015

I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation and a couple pimples here and there from time to time still. Ive been battling mild acne since i was about 15 and am turning 20 shortly.

I juice 1 peeled red potato in my juicer and apply directly to the entire face. I then let it dry and leave it on for 3-4 hours.

I do this whenever im at home or feel as though my face could use some R and R.

I wouldnt say its a miracle cure, but it definitely calms the redness and my skin feels baby smooth after washing it off.

In terms of the red marks left behind i guess it does help a little bit, but hyperpigmentation takes time to heal. Overall i recommend you giving it a go. Definitely isnt making my face worse!

acne sufferer
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I'm fighting with acne from a very young age. now im 24, I have used many harsh chemicals n creams. I used benzoyl peroxide soap, salicylic acid creams, gels containing clindamycin etc. but since 2 months im getting really bad break outs n nothing seemed to be working. I feel terrible when going to college. I feel embarrassed to give eye contact to people. totally lost my self confidence. I put foundation n face powder to hide my pimples n huge marks n new ones keep on forming.. I used benzoyl peroxide 4% aqueos cream which made my face dry and flaky. n then when I stopped again breakout. so today I thought I should give potato a try. I put thin slices on my face n then fell asleep.even with one time use, I can notice a little difference. but I think it caused my facial hair to come off with the potato peel.. so worried about that.. hope it won't aggravate my acne further. im tired of living with acne. my biggest wish of life is that all the acne ,marks n scars vanish from my face magically.. I want this problem to be solved so I can focus on other stuff better. I cry everyday when I see my face in the mirror. hate my life fulll of acne!!!!

by JasR123 on 10/02/2015 01:08
Try Diaper rash cream . Stop using Acne products and just wash your face with Cetaphil bar soap and apply diaper rash cream on your face .. And when you get ready to take it off wipe it off with a dry towel then wash it off give it 3 days and you will see alot of progress i promise ! Try Cetaphil moisturizer too
by Noor2222 on 03/31/2016 18:23
Just do 3 things At night soak some red lentil in raw milk In the morning clean your face with rose water Apply this mask Wash your face with Neutrogena oil free acne wash Then apply neutrogena alcohol free toner And apply your sunblock At night again apply remaining mask And face wash and toner And apply your night cream Or Vaseline
by Noor2222 on 03/31/2016 18:23
Review
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

I have just used 4 thin slices of potatos and rubbed it on my face and was gonna leave it for 15 minutes but I started getting worried cause red spots u could not really notice but feel and looked a lot like big bites ! Am I breaking out!? It seemed to work a little

Pretty nice
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

It doesn't fully cure it at least not after 2 weeks of using it daily especially for me (i am a male and suffered this since i was 9 and now im 25) but i like 3 things at it:

1.It calms my skin

2.You really see a difference

3.It's very cheap

I rubbed it on my face for about 1 min and then left the slices there for another 3-4 hours (i wrapped a bandage around my head)

Sulphur soap is also decent but i guess my skin got used to it cause i started breaking out after about 3 months of using it

really works
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

Actually acne and me..... V have a very long story... I am 22 now whereas I got new acne and scars in a week and troubling me a lot now.. I just read the reviews regarding potatoes and gave it a try... To my astonishment it really worked... But I made a mistake by mixing lemon in it after few days which really worsened my pimples.. I am regretting now..

Lemon being natural skin lightener, it helped me reduce the scars but at the end of the day I got new breakouts.. Which again lead to acne.. So be careful if u wanna try with some other ingredients.. It works superb all alone..