Mupirocin (2%) Topical Antibiotic Ointment reviews

Mupirocin USP (2%).

Miscible ointment base (polyethylene glycol ointment, N.F.) consisting of polyethylene glycol 400 and polyethylene glycol 3350.

Mupirocin (2%) Topical Antibiotic Ointment

mupirocin for cytic and red acne on chin
Reviewed on July 25, 2016

im now on my 4th day of using mupirocin on my cystic acne on my chin and still im not getting any changes pls advise im suffering for almost 7 yrs on acne on my chin..i tried so many cream antibiotic but nothing helps inbstead they trigger more... i dont know what to do... pls advise shall i continue using mupirocin or shall i wait until 3 more days to complete 7 days coourse.....plsss guys advise on my if you are using the same cream?? until when u get the result????

monsterous crap
Reviewed on May 27, 2016

I only had a spider bite which i am allergic to.

I dabbed the tiniest bit on my cheek.

My whole face has swelled up in giant hives, blisters, red, itching, burning. I can't leave my apartment now! I look like a monster. Putting silver water on it...

by Twin04 on 06/02/2016 03:48
Sounds like you have shingles, I too thought mine was a spider bite, I would go see a dr.
BEST TREATMENT EVER! HOWEVER, BE CAREFUL.
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

This stuff is AMAZING. Every time i get a cyst and it drains, i apply this and in 3 days it will be gone with NO red mark. This stuff works better than any retinol, antibiotic, BP etc.

HOWEVER, PLEASE READ THIS WARNING BEFORE YOU USE IT:

This stuff is powerful, and you will grow resistant to it if you use it too much. Please ONLY apply it once-twice a month, or when you get a huge scab. DO NOT apply it all over your face for more than 5 days at a time. I overused it, and i got a fungal infection and this ointment no longer worked.

Its been 6 months since ive last used it, and im going to the derm to get prescribed this again. I pray to god that this works and doesnt give me an allergic reaction.

It itches
Reviewed on September 1, 2014

My dermatologist prescribed this product for my skin, I have acne and dark spots. However, after using this at night I can't even sleep, it burns and itches. It does work cause I have seen results in just two days. Does any one experience the burning and the itching? I don't know, probably that's how it works.

by Pineapple21 on 02/05/2015 23:53
Maybe you're applying too much? I apply the thinnest layer possible and still dab off some. Its really thick and tacky stuff!
by Jlana on 09/08/2015 12:24
Yes.... I experience the itching and stinging sensation. It's normal but I wouldn't continue if I couldn't sleep. Maybe the medication is too strong for your skin, or the facial wash you use to cleanse before applying maybe the problem. It's best wash your face with Cetephil or any mild facial cleanser. I'm not a doctor but this is what works for me.
by Jlana on 09/08/2015 12:24
3 Day Process and Gone!
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

I had a lot of acne around my ear and parts of my neck too(as mentioned by another reviewer). Amazingly though, after properly using this, the next day the acne was noticably less. And 3 days in the process, you couldn't see it anymore! I also read this article([link removed] on it, to get to know my skin type and proper combinations to use on it in order to have as much effect as possible.

by linn on 07/25/2016 08:53
hi im now on my 4rth day but im not getting any result shall i continue using ??? my acne is diff cuctic and red scatterd all over my chin
Extremely Awesome
Reviewed on July 24, 2014

I got a single acne inside the skin on my face that has been bothering me for almost a month! When it went out of the skin I tried to pop it but while I was doing it, I scraped a thin layer of skin around the acne. Non-stop bleeding followed after that. I stopped popping it since the bleeding has gotten worse until I tapped some ice on my face. The bleeding finally stoped but the skin around the acne was so dark as if it has a bruise. I left it alone after washing my face. The next day, there was a freaky thick pus inside the acne!!! I decided to buy antibiotic ointment for it. The pharmacist recomended this Mupirocin ointment. :) What I did was wash may face with warm water and put this ointment every morning and before bed and viola! After 2 days, no more pus and my skin looks awesome like nothing happened! My skin was definately healed and the scrape was gone. The darkening also disappeared. Only a very light blemish was left on face. It's like magic! ^0^

Works
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

I've been using bactroban on and off for 3 years. No ones ever been able to tell me what happens on my face/head/neck, but this is the only thing that works for it. I get acne but after reading other reviews I'd have to say I might be getting a staph type of rash during times of stress. it starts on my neck in little raised bumps then spreads all over my head and throughout my hair. If left untreated some of the bumps start to turn into open wound like scabs. (not poppable) Cystic pimple things start to form everyday I'll get a new one and so I always make sure I have bactroban. I do not use it for regular acne and don't suggest it, or using bandaids on sensitive skin. That left big red round rings around my problem areas. If any one reads this and feels like they've had the same thing the most important thing is to stay extra clean. Wash your hands before ever touching your face, change your pillow case every night and stay away from everything in your makeup bag that has touched infected areas. Good luck!

Reviewed on January 9, 2012

If you are using this for acne you need to STOP. It is one of the only antibiotics out there that will kill MRSA (Staph bacteria resistant to other antibiotics). I was on it for a staph infection that I got after nose surgery.

I can't believe people are using it for acne. It's very irresponsible for doctors to prescribe this for acne. When you take unnecessary antibiotics like this for minor conditions like acne you are making it more likely that it will not work against serious infections that it really needs to work for... like staph infections. Besides, its very itchy and burns on the skin I don't know why you would prefer this to other acne treatments.

by smd41813 on 10/17/2014 23:36
If you haven't had serious acne for a good portion of your life, the kind that doesn't go away even with religious use of numerous different products, then you wouldn't understand what it's like to find something that really works.
by rmr131 on 11/25/2014 05:30
Staph can thrive in a blemish caused by acne just as much as it can from your nose job. Any opening in The skin can house MRSA so let's leave it to the professionals that have a degree in medicine to decide if this the best treatment for folks with acne.
by fjw123 on 09/22/2015 11:50
I agree with rmr131 I think the professionals will know what's best .
Reviewed on June 18, 2011

It does work. Sometimes it will work less effectively, but it's worth it. You should definitely purchase this.

by Jlana on 09/08/2015 12:23
Yes it does work. I think people who use it should immediately discontinue after the problem area(s) has cleared. I 😍 it! For the first time in years, my face is clear 😊
Reviewed on March 18, 2011

I saw the reviews for this product so I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me.My skin was terrible bad so I used this for the past two days and my face looks 65% better. It does a nice, quick turn a round on your skin. But because your skin can get used to it I only plan on using this for one week and then going back to my regular routine. However I will always keep this on hand!