Manuka Oil reviews

Manuka Oil

Manuka Oil 100% Pure East Cape 10ml/0.34oz
updated: 10/21/2014 20:56 UTC

Reviewed on July 31, 2011

The product that I use is 100% pure. The brand name is East Cape and I got mine from Koru Naturals.

As a spot treatment, this is a great product if you do not mind putting oil on your face. However I would not recommend it for all over use because the bottle only contains a small amount. Additionally try not to use too much of it at once because I found that it started to clog my pores when I went overboard with it- a little drop goes a long way.

I found that this works best when blended into a clay mask and used once or twice a week as a way to maintain clear skin.

Reviewed on August 23, 2010

I use Manuka Oil 100% Pure East Cape by Koru Naturals. I ordered mine from [link removed].

Reviewed on October 12, 2009

steam burn on my hands severly. The burn medicine from the hospital didn't relieve my pain, My mother kept insisting I try Manuka oil, just a little she said. Finally I let her put it on my hands. Wow.. healed my skin, removed my pain.

Reviewed on August 11, 2009

Research indicates that Manuka Oil has potent antibacterial, antifungal, anti-allergenic and anti inflammatory properties. What's key here is that Manuka Oil fights the bacteria that inhabit the sebum in the sebacious glands and cause acne while also reducing the inflammation of existing acne. I just recently started using it thanks to a friend's recommendation and I now swear by it. In one week I went from feeling like the elephant woman with 75% of my face broken out (thank you bare minerals oil control primer for that lovely issue) to feeling presentable in public again. This stuff is fairly cheap, natural, effective, and far less harsh (even on my sensitive skin) than any topical acne medication a dermatologist has ever recommended for me. Give it a try and be patient. You will see results.

Reviewed on August 2, 2009

I feel like the acne I suffer from is hormone/stress/diet related. So this is a good natural product that I wont expect to be the miracle without side-effects thing that everybody looks for, but a good natural alternative that has helped me a lot. I recommend [link removed], they have great pure manuka oil, Manuka honey 15+, and a wonderful soap.

Reviewed on February 4, 2009

Its worth a try, but if your acne is very severe, a diet change/cleanse might also help.

Reviewed on January 2, 2009

it's good, but dont put to much.

Reviewed on June 25, 2007

I started off with TTO but it burned my skin and eyes so bad even dilluted that I switched to manuka oil just last week. Seems to work just as much without the smell or the burn. I added it to my jojoba oil to try out a new delivery method. I wash with dr bonners soap 2x a day and then apply the jojoba/vit E/manuka oil with a cotton ball. I do a scrub/steam/mask a couple of times a week also and have treated with calamine lotion at night for bad flare ups. I'm not perfect yet but I've been doing this for a couple of weeks and it is improving without the nasty BP that my skin disliked so much.