Juicing reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Reviewed on February 18, 2012

I try to make juice every day. My base is always carrots (4 or 5), half a cucumber, and 3 sticks of celery, and a tomato, Then I add other stuff, whatever looks good at wholefoods! Good things i've tried are: radishes, spinach, chard, purple cabbage, kale. The more color...the better! I use the Breville juicer, which I highly recommend for the efficacy, price, and cleanup. I also love adding "boosts", like garlic or ginger (careful, a little goes a long way when juicing). You miss out on the fiber when juicing, but the nutrients get absorbed much better (and there are easier/yummier ways to get fiber...like eating fruit!) The juice tastes really good, and I highly recommend it!

I make about one liter of juice and drink it all at once, then im done!

Note* I would ONLY juice veggies...fruit has too much fructose, and when you drink a lot of fruit juice the fructose is much worse than when eating whole fruits, because there is no fiber to slow the absorption of the sugar in your body...its just as bad as drinking soda sugar wise (minus the nutrients you get from fruit) <--- from my doctor