Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 553 reviews

It was alright
Reviewed on September 26, 2016

I have tried this mask multiple times, and it gave me glowy skin sometimes and it did nothing at other times. It makes my skin feel itchy as well.

Danger of yeast infection!
Reviewed on September 24, 2016

Using honey on the body is very dangerous because its sugar promotes yeast infections.

In concentrated form, the hydrogen peroxide keeps away yeast, but this no longer holds in diluted form.

I used to use honey and caught a yeast/candida infection that caused severe pain when working in climatized (dry) air,

because the eyes were so dry and sensitive. It tooks months to find a cure and weeks of external Aspirin treatment to heal.

NOT recommended.

My holy grail
Reviewed on September 18, 2016

I use local pure, unfiltered honey that crystallizes at room temp. If you need to warm it up to use just use your body heat to do so as heating in microwave can denature it too much. I put it on my dry face and leave it on for about an hr (can go longer if you want). when I'm ready to take it off I rub my skin in circular motions then I add Luke warm water to take it off. It comes off super easy. Make sure you wash it all off bc if you have some left on skin it can clog your pores (some people use a gentle cleanser afterwards but I don't think it's necessary). I air dry my face and then put on moisturizer (this is a MUST). My skin feels so soft and glowing afterwards. My acne pimples and scars are smaller and fade over time. AND my makeup goes on a lot smoother. I do this once a week. Pure local, unfiltered honey or Manaka honey is the key to seeing results with this.

Best mask!
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

leaves my face feeling really smooth and breakout-free for a couple of days <3

great exfoliater
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

ok, so I went through a phase of trying to switch to natural remedies for my skin. I am a loooooooong time benzoyl peroxide user....proactive, clean and clear, the regimen, etc. i thibk my skin is damaged and simply needs it at this point. anyway, I used organic raw unfiltered local honey as a cleanser for a bit. I noticed my skin was hydrated and bright. it is very soothing, though you need to be gentle if it's unfiltered or you'll scrub yourself raw (done it.). it didn't really keep my breakouts at bay but honestly nothing has long term. I would recommend this as a healing mask occasionally or to use weekly as an exfoliater.

Doesn't work
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

Yeah don't even bother trying this honestly. I hopefully slathered raw honey all over my face on two separate occasions, and it only made things worse. I'm sticking with things that are actually medicated.

by Gary142 on 08/27/2016 12:32
If u had of had a bowl of pubic hair you could of had a nice beard
Mask Monday!
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I use a teaspoon of natural (raw) honey as a mask every monday before i take a shower with a teaspoon of lemon juice, and half a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg, works really well!! It softens up the skin, helps fight breakouts and lightens up scars and pigmentation. Love it!!!

by Gary142 on 08/27/2016 12:33
You only shower on a Monday ???
Part of my nightly routine
Reviewed on August 19, 2016

This helped keep some of my acne at bay (though nowhere near to fixing it) and is now part of my nightly routine.

Highly recommended for softer skin.

night time
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

As part if my "nighttime regime", I use the Made from Earth Sea Kelp Clay Mask - I actually let it sit on the skin, after it dries, for about ten minutes then I rinse it off with warm water! And It comes off easily and the results are immediately noticed. This mask has worked wonders for my skin!

WHAT KIND of Honey then?
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

Hi guys!

So I am using this "raw, unfiltered" honey which is crystallized. It is thick, sticky and not liquid. I've used it for 2 days already and Ihavent seen any remarkable results like how u guys experienced.

Does it matter what kind of honey then? Raw honey is better but its thick and crystallized, which makes me wonder if it could absorb into my face effectively? :/

Thanks!

by miacorcha on 08/08/2016 23:03
Pure, unfiltered, raw honey will not typically crystallize as long as you keep it sealed between uses. I've had raw honey for months at a time that doesn't crystallize. Best bet is a local honey at a farmer's market or local organic/health food store.