Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 531 reviews

Really Raw Honey
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

My previous post put honey on a pedestal, but truth is I found the acne.org regimen to be most effective for my acne. Honey alone will not cure acne and even if it does fade scars and hyperpigmentation it would take too long. I have just started using the 10 percent glycolic acid from Dan and it has made my skin look so much better within the first week with regards to my skin texture and scarring/dark spots. People, don't waste your time on honey if you want immediate results! Try Dan's regimen with or without the moisturizer (2.5/5)

by CC19 on 03/06/2016 10:09
Good points! I was wanting to get reallyraw honey but was nervous cause of the honeycomb pieces and because it's not organic but I think I'm going to try it. Still really nervous though! Good luck!:)
by Sulfandrist on 03/23/2016 08:12
Just to warn users. With RR honey I have noticed redness after application but the redness goes out eventually. This little irritation is nothing compared to the cheap raw honey I've tried before. (Trader Joes) Don't be discouraged of you experience slight discomfort but remember honey mask by itself will not cure acne completely. Use 2.5 BP in conjunction, NOT 10 % BP. The 2.5 will not lead to dryness and sensitivity on face. But DO NOT apply during morning or evening. Only at night just before bed. One application maximum per day.
honey mask
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

i love honey mask! I usually leave it on as long as possible while in the shower. It's helping with flakiness from using retinA and my overall skin texture is improved. I'm finding a little moisturizer goes a lot further now, I usually have to really slather it on but not anymore since using the honey. So far I've only used it straight out of the jar and have been very happy.

Had Horrible Results
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

Decided to try raw honey mixed with cinnamon for a 20 min mask. Worst choice of my life. After removing, my face was puffy and red. My existing acne was inflamed and larger, and also broke out more. I never had acne THIS bad! Considering all these good reviews, I might just be allergic to honey. I've been using AVC as a toner lately, I hope it will clear up my skin but so far it has just improved my complexion, not my acne. I'm so disappointed in the result after reading such positive reviews. I hope I find a cure soon :(

good for a while, but backfired on me
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

At first mixing honey and cinnamon in a 2:1 ratio worked wonders on my skin and for the first time in a long while i had clearer and brighter skin

Unfortunately around my third time using it i began to notice small white bumps forming on my forehead. these bumps are difficult to get rid of (i think theyre seriously clogged pores but i may be wrong) i have since switched to apple cidar vinegar :(

Okay
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

I've tried the honey and sugar mask and it was just okay. I also felt like the sugar tore my skin a bit.

raw honey
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

I love this stuff. it makes skin so soft and smooth and helps with scarring. I do a mask once a week and leave on for about 30-45 minutes. it really has made a huge difference in my complexion. Make sure you get raw honey!

love it!!
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

i have been using the honey mask for the past 2 days and love it. But my question is " what kind of moisturizer do i use after applying this mask?" my skin can get extremely dry around the mouth. TIA.

by green80 on 04/28/2016 14:17
i use unfrefined extra virgin coconut oil it works really well i use it morning and before bed it wont leave skin oily it leaves it so soft helps great if you have dry skin
like it
Reviewed on March 22, 2016

This is the best thing for my sensitive skin. I've been using raw honey as a cleanser/mask. i wet my face and then i rub the honey into my skin and let it sit for like 5-15 minutes and then i wash it off. actually i use it as a spot treatment too 😍 it seems like it gets rid of the pimple just not the cysts. but overall i like it

i had severe acne as a teen!
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

So when i was a teenager i had the worst acne like pimple on top of pimple and i hated it i felt so ugly and I'm a girl so i think its a bit worse i tried every drugstore product that only made it worse. SO i went to home remedies and OMG this is the BEST there could be i personally didn't buy raw organic honey or organic cinnamon i just went to walmart bought the honey and cinnamon for less than 10 bucks for both and i added a few drops of lemon to the mix i used it everyday for an hour and that people was the only thing that got ride of my acne it took a few months, but i promise my face is now so smooth you can't even tell i ever had acne i have NO scars that I'm really amazed due to the severely of my acne. I'm now 26 yrs old and i still use it when have minor breakouts before my period but they never last more than 3 days i swear i wish i could post a before and after pic and you'd be amazed! i had sever acne that i never thought id have a clean face but i have had one since a i was 19 ! i wish i would've known this remedy when i was 13-18 the worst acne years of my life! Im in the esthetics career now and when they compliment my skin and ask what i do i always tell them about my cinnamon and honey remedy thats the only thing i use and some no one believes i ever had acne because i have no scars and my skin is so smooth and i look like I'm still 19 I LOOOOVVEEE IT!

by green80 on 04/28/2016 14:20
should i use the honey and cinnamon everyday if not what should i use in place on days i do not use the mask
Yup. It's love.
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

Well, I was doing a honey mask for 1h every day. Just raw honey. Every time I didn't do it, my skin would not look as good. When I had a breakout, I would add turmeric. Anyway, my skin would be so soft and smooth afterwards.

I only do it once a week now. But yeah, I love it. True love.