Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 505 reviews

Honey.

A little bit scared
Reviewed on July 3, 2015

So I've had acne problems ever since I hit puberty which was like 4-5 years ago. I used to get pimples mostly on my chin and forehead and they are A LOT. Like my chin was covered with red pimples and some of them were painful and contained pus which was so gross.

I used to cry everyday and hit myself in the bathroom everytime I looked at myself in the mirror. I hated myself and I hated my skin. But now I've been using a cream called cutacnyl (benzoyl peroxide 5%) ever since October and I have to admit it did work. I barely have anything on my chin even the scars literally vanished. Though it dried my skin so bad I can feel it crack everytime I smile or frown. It did work but it didn't stop the pimples from breaking-out which is not so very self-esteem boosting. I started having pimples of my cheeks and around my mouth which was unusual, yet I didn't touch them or pop them I just continue with my daily routine of applying cutacnyl before bed. THEY ARE LEAVING SCARS AND MORE SCARS. I feel so horrible! My face looks better than it was 3 years ago but it also looks like someone used a screwdiver on my face. The one and only reason that brought me to this site is that I woke up, looked myself in the mirror and realized that a huge pimple near to my upper lip was ready to come out. I freaked out so bad I started crying because we ALLLL know how ugly pimples near lips are. I am just so scared of using honey although I read a lot about how good it is and all that but I'm just really scared. Can I apply cinnamon and honey mask on face EVEN if I'm using benzoyl peroxide? I don't suffer from mild or severe acne it's just a couple here and there but I have supee white skin and for god'd sake they're so obvious and ugly. Along with the scars left on my cheeks. Will raw honey be useful? I'm not going to regret this right? Am I going to start feeling better about myself? I literally lived all my teenage years crying in the bathroom and hating myself.. I'm almost 18 now and I don't want my face to stay like that. Please someone help me please! I don't want to mix stuff and get all complicated I just want to know is raw honey really THAT goood? Please help me this pimple on my upper lip is freaking me out and I can't stop crying.

Works wonders for inflamed pimples!!!
Reviewed on June 25, 2015

This truly works wonders for skin- It has been used for centuries for wounds as well as other skin conditions. I apply some RAW/UNFILTERED honey to my face at night, and try to let it sit for an hour or so. After the first time I did it, this one huge cyst with NO head had decreased in size by a LOT. Even other people had noticed it was smaller. Honey has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, dramatically decreasing the size of those large, inflamed pimples. Must try. Awesome results the next day. Make sure its raw honey, and cleanse your face before!

by Diannealfaro on 07/02/2015 00:33
Is it okay if i wash my face with acne soap before putting honey on my face? Thank you
Good
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

I use honey as a face mask once a week. I have mild acne/combination of oily and dry skin.

First I wash my face then I apply 100% raw organic honey on my face for 10-20 minuetes and after that, I wash my face with lukewarm water. It can get a bit messy, especially if you want to itch your face and will start to drip off your face. Use raw organic honey than processed honey. Most of the beneficial properties are removed onced the honey is processed and the added ingredients may be irritable to your skin. Honey is not comedogenic which means it will not clog your pores. Honey is moisturizing, anti-bacterial, anti-flammatory and filled with antioxidants and enzymes. The ph of honey is 3-6 so it's alright for your skin. My results: soft radiant skin, minimized some acne but didnt really get rid of all my acne.

Love this!!
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

I have struggled with acne forever. Plus the combination of dry, oily, and sensitive skin, I could never win. After doing some research and advice from a friend I started doing honey and cinnamon masks every night and threw away my old face wash and I couldn't be happier with my results. Now in the mornings I just rinse my face with warm water and use a dab of coconut oil as my moisturizer (I also use the coconut oil after the masks). I have not had one breakout since I started this, "non-chemical" regime, which has been about 3 weeks. I would recommend this to everyone, to at least try for a week.

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on June 7, 2015

i always had to battle with pimples around my chin. No matter what i did nothing helped. I used raw honey for about 3 weeks everyday in the morning and evening. It made me breakout really bad. Compared to this my previous pimples were nothing. At first i thought my skin is just purging but it didn't stopped and just got worse and worse. Now i am a week off honey and my face calmed down a little bit but it still really bad. i don't know what the problem was, maybe that my skin was purging but due to hormonal reasons my pores clogged again and again and so the purging never stopped.

Loving the honey cleansing, but getting red cheeks...Any suggestions?
Reviewed on June 5, 2015

I have been honey cleansing for a month or so...love the results, but yesterday had to try a new face lotion...due to a diet with no oil...so my face got all red in the cheeks...assumed it was the lotion...but after honey cleansing today...my face is red again...Could the crystals in the honey be too harsh? My face is on fire!

by arsc77 on 06/05/2015 19:17
I used some cerave baby and the redness and burning are diminishing, but still doesn't solve my dilema with the honey...Appreciate all feedback!
skin routine
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

hello, my name is Lorena and i am 26 years old.

I ve battled acne since my teenage years and as time went by i became really paranoid about my face, like many people here mentioned i couldn t look myself in the mirror and my confidence was really low. Must be hormones or my lifestyle i don t know. Last year it went completely wrong and i started using all kinds of products even very expensive ones that would , in the end, only make me break even worse, give me rashes, etc.

So i ve created this skin routine that works wonders for me, tightens my pores, less acne and beautiful clean face.

First make sure you have time for yourself, to relax and follow everything step by step.

Wash you hands to remove all bacteria, i even wash my hands in the morning before washing my face or doing my make up.

step 2 : boil some water , pour it in a bowl with some rosamary leafs and steam your face really well, after 10-15 minutes clean it with gentle cotton pads. (i use the body shop organic cotton pads)

step 3: use a mirror and make sure you have enough light, and with a cotton cloth gently squeeze all blackheads and pimples. oke, some people might find it wrong but this is cleaning and i believe no product will clear everything just like that, it doesn t work. Anyway b gentle. It may leave some redness thats why is better to do it in the evening.Also don t force it, if it doesn t wanna come out is fine.

step 4: make a honey and lemon mask and massage it on your face with the tip of your fingers, massage stimulates blood flow and your skin will thank you for that.After you ve applied it wait like 25-30 mins then rinse it off.

I find this mask a bit messy and you ll get very sticky but oh the things we all do for beauty.

Repeat this every week, and during the week after taking your make up off and washing the face, apply honey and lemon at least 1-2 evenings for a natural boost.

This routine worked wonders for me but in time, nothing happens over night and the products that claim they do so make me feel like i should be double careful.

And don t forget that no matter what you put on your face you need to drink lots of water, eat veggies and avoid oily foods and refined sugars. Eat foods high in antioxidants like kiwi and berries, dance or go for a run, take time to read a book or get creative in your stressful times and most of all love yourself.

I hope this will help other like it helped me, my skin is now bright, clean and pimple free!

by Ajin C Saji on 05/23/2015 08:12
thank you lorena for your comment it think it could work
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:23
I get pimple after using honey-lemon mask. I am using this mask from two days
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:27
I get pimple after using honey-lemon mask. I am using this mask from two days
by sheliza on 05/25/2015 07:28
what should I do? keeping applying honey on my face or dont? Is pimples appering at the starting days of using honey? Reply asap
by Lol98 on 05/26/2015 01:09
I think sheliza you should stop using lemon because it contains acid in it which could aggravate your skin. Just use the honey by itself because it is a great exfoliator and it's gentle on the skin too!
i love it! makes my skin so soft
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I was aprehensive about trying it but my friend did it and it worked wonders for her so i didn't see any harm in trying. Right after the first time my skin was so smooth i loved it and i also found that it helps a bit with scarring although i dont have many scars or pimples. I just use raw honey and it does its job, sometimes i spice it up and add other ingredients such as lemon juice or cinnamon. Very natural, no odor, only con is that it can be very sticky haha

by Lol98 on 05/26/2015 01:11
I heard that honey is a good exfoliator so I started using it and I have noticed that a part of my face looks a little red and raw and kind of tingles. Does that mean that the honey is shedding off the dead skin cells?
I love this
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

my favourite mask to do includes honey, cinnamon and lemon juice (I just sort of eyeball the amount of each ingredient to make a paste). I don't have horrible acne but I always had quite a few pimples somewhere on my face, mostly around my cheeks and some on my forehead. I also had a lot of scarring on my cheeks. I did this mask every 2 to 3 days, focussing on the areas I broke out and avoiding my eye area. I found it easier to wash off in the shower because the honey is sticky and the cinnamon sometimes gets stuck in my eyebrows hahaha....anyways after doing this for about a month I noticed a huge difference and my face is now almost completely clear. it's a huge confidence booster and I'm slowly starting to feel better about myself :)

by Julie2 on 05/20/2015 15:08
hi....im wondering what is better to use for my mixture...cinnamon or lemon juice?? ive been using cinnamon till not and dont see much improvement..... im also scared that lemon juice will irritate my skin.....help...thanks!
by Julie2 on 05/20/2015 18:03
hi....im wondering what is better to use...cinnamon or lemon juice for my mask....ive tried cinnamon and dont see much improvement......im also scared that lemon juice is too strong for my skin and will irritate it....help! thanks!
Saviour!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

Like many people I have used so many things to get rid of my acne. I don't have severe acne, but I definitely have noticeable break outs around the time of my period and it has been very frustrating! I've tried so many chemicals and products that dry out my skin and finally I tried to find an all natural remedy and I found this Honey Cinnamon Nutmeg Mask. All of the things I already had in my kitchen. At first I was a bit skeptical since it's just been drilled into my head that "If it stings it works" because this mask is really gentle on your skin, I tend to forget it's even on my face. Until you know, it drips or I accidentally touch/taste it (tastes good btw). I've been using this for over a year now, and I really don't know what I would do without it. I use baking soda to exfoliate my skin when I can feel my face starting to break out and put on this mask right after I rinse. I often walk around my house with this stuff on my face, I feel like the longer I have it on, the more it works. It really calms the acne swelling down and works miracles. It can get sticky and messy but just be careful!