Honey Mask reviews

4.3/5 - 566 reviews

Honey-Cinnamon Mask
Reviewed on May 12, 2017

I tried using this mask treatment for my face since I've been betting a lot of bumps on my forehead and pimples here and there. Once i left the honey, cinnamon mixture for 15 minutes I rinsed my face and applied a toner. My face felt extremely hot and it turned tomato red and it still feels very warm and red, as If i got a sunburn. Is this suppose to happen? Please help!!!

Helps on a specific region of acne
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and adult acne. Honey helps a very specific kind of acne for me. I get this large group of small pimples on my face by my ears that peroxide and other acne treatments have no effect on. Honey is the only thing that has helped them. However, honey hasn't had any effect on the large pimples I get on my forehead. It's like the pimples on by my ears are a different strain of bacteria that the honey specifically helps or something. I put raw honey (regular, not Manuka) on like a mask and leave it on for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better.

tomato face
Reviewed on May 4, 2017

After a honey and cinnamon mask my face was so red! I did apply the mask all over. So I feel like it will work if you did a spot treatment, but make sure you don't leave it on for too long.

This mask is bomb diggity and it won't break the bank
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

Make sure you're using pure raw honey, the one that looks thick, and mix it with lemon for better results. I apply it on my face 2-3 times a week for about 15-30 minutes, then I wash it off. Also make sure that you're using a good moisturizer afterwards because this mask might dry out your skin and also use a natural face wash. I use organic virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer, oh and it doesn't clog my pores. However, it helps cure with acne. As for face wash, I use Herbalism from Lush. It is a bit pricey but it works wonders.

Honey Cinnamon - Spot Treatment
Reviewed on December 28, 2016

Hi,

I'm planning to use the Honey/Cinnamon combination as spot treatment. But I'd like to ask first if it is the Cinnamon oil or the powdered one? I already tried the skin test at the back of my hand for Cinnamon. It's been an hour and doesn't occur any allergic reactions. Is it safe to say that it wouldn't have any reactions on my face too? Sorry I'm being paranoid since the last time a had an allergic reaction to Etude Tea Tree Mask which literally burned and made my face dry and swollen for a week.

Thanks,

Sheila

by Someday18 on 12/29/2016 08:18
Hi, I know that some of here had an allergic (Burning) reaction to cinnamon that's why I decided to just leave it on my face for just 30 min. I did it last night. After washing my face, I noticed immediately that it lessen the size of my big pimple but didn't see any dramatic changes with others. Then I used just the raw honey on my spots overnight. When I woke up, I added a little bit of my leftover Honey/Cinnamon on my spots, I washed my face then used honey mask all over my face while taking shower. After that I washed it off with warm water. I noticed that the skin around some of my spots are starting to peel. I think that's the use of cinnamon. It dries out the pimple. For honey, it made my skin so soft. No big changes for my acne but I'm willing to wait for the better :) It's been my 2nd day doing it and will definitely send an update next week.
Honey and Cinnamon as Spot Treatment
Reviewed on December 28, 2016

Hi,

Thanks,

Sheila

Pls help
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

I tried this in a desperate attempt to rid myself of acne but instead it doesn't do anything for my acne on my forehead and when I put it on my lip it just made them bigger. Now it's starting to affect my forehead but not in the good way. I almost always wake up with hair glued to my face. Any helpful suggestions?

Manuka Honey
Reviewed on November 28, 2016

Manuka honey works great for reducing the appearance of scars and hyperpigmentation. By itself it's not enough to fight more severe acne, though. I tried it by itself for a month but didn't see a marked reduction in breakouts. It did, however, make my skin extra smooth and visibly reduced the redness and irritation. Now I use it in combination with an oral antibiotic and topical tretinoin cream. I put it on every night before bed for an hour and then gently wash it off with a face towel dabbed in hot water. It works great to soothe my skin after the harsh Retin-A treatment and my skin looks radiant the next morning and the acne scars are less visible. It's definitely a worthwhile add-on to any beauty regimen!

Too drying
Reviewed on November 23, 2016

I only left it on my skin for 5-10 minutes and it was fine until after I showered. Face looked and felt dry, and is dryer now today. Used raw organic filtered honey. Guess it just isn't for people with very sensitive skin.

This is my HG
Reviewed on November 16, 2016

Honey was what finally had some effect on my cystic acne. Nothing else worked and believe me I tried for 20 years. Antibiotics, BP, peels, you name it and I would have tried it. One application of just honey healed me like nothing else.