Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 517 reviews

Honey Mask

I really wanted this to work
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

I really wanted this to work for me, but using it after a week i got hives and itchiness. I realized that when i use this alone on my face i get a reaction, hence i now use it in small portions as part of my oatmeal scrub. PLEASE patch test for a week. Not even one day, but a WEEK. it took me a week to get hives and find out i had a reaction. I beg you guys to do a patch test, and keep doing a patch test for a while.

great anti-acnes , mosturising mask for face and lip
Reviewed on September 22, 2015

sorry for my english , i'm not the english native :)). I use organic honey taking from the forest. it's actually rare in grocery stores or supermarket but super super worth for me . it's not as sweet as the regular, industrial honey and thicker than a little bit .I usually apply it on my acnes which is squeezed to prevent swollen , pigmented spot , and it's really helpful . And I also use it as a mask , face cleaser , natural purifing drink for heathiness . tolly obsessed with it

Whyyy ???
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I can understand why after over using honey you get worse results and im going to explain you why but first excuse my english because it's not my first language :)

I used honey when i had a soooooo bad breakouts and irritated skin and honey worked perfectly because of its antioxidents - anti irritations - moistrazing and anti bacterial agents BUUUT its anti bacterial option dont give it the right to be OVER used !! why ?? Don t forget that skin has what is known by GOOD bacterias protecting your skin from veruses and others bacterias and "killing " those by honey will lead tovery serious problems . I hope i helped you ^__^

allergic reactions and the role of the immune system
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

My suggestion based on immunology: honey contains microscopic particles of pollen, which induces allergies in many people. Applying honey to skin causes an initial spike in immune function at the site of application, killing off bacteria while cells also attack pollen particles. Further use of honey sensitizes skin and small red bumps, redness, and itchy skin results from eosinophilia (over active immune reaction) .

Wish it worked
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

I used organic raw honey as a mask and an overnight spot treatment (mixed with cinnamon) for about 2 months. I really wish it had worked out. I think I was in denial for weeks about it working but then I started getting little bumps on every inch of my face and I had to call it quits. First few weeks I was breaking out mildly on my forehead, chin and the sides of my upper lips (places I never had a lot of acne before). I thought okay im purging, lets ride it out. Some cyst acne but minimal scarring. Started doing mask 20 min 2x a day, switched to manuka honey and it just seems to get worse. Then the texture of my skin was just horrible, bumps everywhere. I could not handle it anymore, switched back to benzoid peroxide and my skin has calmed down now. Such a pity though, wish I could find a natural "cure". Does seem to heal scars faster though maybe not prevent them.

Worked for awhile...
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I used a honey lemon face mask for about a month and a half. The first few times I used it, it was great! My face was smoother and the redness was gone. Then I used it for about the 4th time, and suddenly I had the worst breakout I'd had in YEARS. My cheeks were covered in acne and nothing helped until I used the baking soda mask! Maybe I had a reaction to the lemon or honey, but I have no idea.

GREAT but ....
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

I've personally used raw honey as a cleanser/mask for my sensitive and acne prone skin sooo many times. (Make sure that if you try this method, get raw or pure honey) and it helped clear up my forehead acne and clogged pores pretty well, but over time ive noticed i developed an acne/rash type thing on the sides of my cheeks and odd areas on my face where i typically never break out. Although this is a great way to heal acne naturally, i do think you should watch out if you have sensitive skin like me.

Sort of ... I THINK
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Sometimes I think honey does help - but in combination with other methods... I use raw honey but let me say YUM IT TASTES TOO GOOD!

Really works!
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

I've been suffering from acne for almost 9 years now. I've tried so many treatments and nothing really worked. Then I got this raw honey and started applying it on my face. My face definitely feels smoother and acne has been greatly reduced. I hope it can also help lighten the huge amount of scars on my face as a result of acne over the years. Everyone should give this a try!

by CoralFlat on 08/16/2015 16:31
Hydrogen peroxide works great for scars!
Using honey only face
Reviewed on July 28, 2015

I tried honey on my face . My face start itchy and red small bumps on my face . Should I stop using it?

by h111 on 07/28/2015 17:05
Can someone advise me on this ????
by h111 on 07/28/2015 20:37
by h111 on 07/28/2015 19:59 After using honey on my face . It's very ichy and small bumps on my face . What should I do . Should I stop using it ?????
by Mamta84 on 07/29/2015 02:56
if it irritates your skin.. it means your skin is sensitive. u can use lemon alone diluted with rose water OR use honey only mask.
by mela124 on 07/29/2015 17:13
it's normal to have a mild allergic reaction from honey mask, if it's your first time using it.. try again next week, but if your face becomes extremely itchy then you're having a honey allergy and you should stop using honey as a facial mask.. sorry for bad english
by Maryann1924 on 07/30/2015 07:28
Did you use raw honey?
by yuki123 on 08/04/2015 15:41
if you are sensitive to honey please don't use lemon juice , it could make you hyper or hypo pigment depending on your skin color. lemon juice is a acid as soon as a acid touches the skin it is not controlled no matter what people say. and it can cause a bad out come if you don't know how to neutralize a acid. you need to look up the pH scale. for acids and Alkaline's it is a scale form 0 to 14 and 7 is the neutral. On the acid side of the scale lemon juice is a 2 and it is the second highest potency in acids. so its equivalent to a low to medium grade peel potency which should be done in the presence and by a skin professional who is license. my best advice for you would be to see a dermatologist and a Esthetician. most dermatology offices have a Esthetician in office. if you want all natural then try the brand Aveda which is a plant base line and all natural. but don't mix all natural with chemical you will throw off your pH balance in your skin. also before buying products and going just for anything all skin types can get acne but not all procedures and products can work on all skin types. you need to find out what your skin type is , then look up and research what works best for that skin type.