Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 559 reviews

Manuka Honey
Reviewed on November 28, 2016

Manuka honey works great for reducing the appearance of scars and hyperpigmentation. By itself it's not enough to fight more severe acne, though. I tried it by itself for a month but didn't see a marked reduction in breakouts. It did, however, make my skin extra smooth and visibly reduced the redness and irritation. Now I use it in combination with an oral antibiotic and topical tretinoin cream. I put it on every night before bed for an hour and then gently wash it off with a face towel dabbed in hot water. It works great to soothe my skin after the harsh Retin-A treatment and my skin looks radiant the next morning and the acne scars are less visible. It's definitely a worthwhile add-on to any beauty regimen!

Too drying
Reviewed on November 23, 2016

I only left it on my skin for 5-10 minutes and it was fine until after I showered. Face looked and felt dry, and is dryer now today. Used raw organic filtered honey. Guess it just isn't for people with very sensitive skin.

This is my HG
Reviewed on November 16, 2016

Honey was what finally had some effect on my cystic acne. Nothing else worked and believe me I tried for 20 years. Antibiotics, BP, peels, you name it and I would have tried it. One application of just honey healed me like nothing else.

Lovely
Reviewed on November 13, 2016

Was using this before getting on accutane. Felt lovely on my skin and made it feel so soft! Didn't really do anything else but felt like a treat!

Truly a miracle mask
Reviewed on October 5, 2016

This mask is a miracle that I wish I had discovered it sooner! I had these acne scars on the down right side of my cheek and chin for like forever and no mask seemed to work but I tried that honey and cinnamon mask for two days straight and omG some of the scars were gone! So I'm gonna keep at it until all scars are gone. Of course for you guys with sensitive skin you wanna try a behind the ear patch first for the cinnamon cuz u might react to it . Thank God for honey and cinnamon <3

by Juniorsharma_ on 11/12/2016 04:23
What kind of scars did you have?
It worked for me perfectly!!
Reviewed on October 3, 2016

This is working great for me!! I encourage everyone to try it and see how it acts on them, but I have to say that for me it worked perfectly, in about 1 week or so almost all my redness and spots have dissappeared. However I have been using this mask the following way:

Appl mask for 1 hour (Makuna honey & Cinnamon),

clean and rinse off,

apply the mask again right away for another hour

rinse off and let your skin rest for 1 hour.

And keep repeating this as many times as you want (or can) during the day. I have been doing this about 5/6 times a day for a week and it has been absolutely great!

Also not eating any sugars/fats which makes me breakout!

Hope this works for you! :) Good luck!

(MAKUNA HONEY & GROUND CINNAMON)

by chri.zio on 11/22/2016 09:03
you must have alot of time on your hands if u can do this 5/6 times a day :)
It was alright
Reviewed on September 26, 2016

I have tried this mask multiple times, and it gave me glowy skin sometimes and it did nothing at other times. It makes my skin feel itchy as well.

Danger of yeast infection!
Reviewed on September 24, 2016

Using honey on the body is very dangerous because its sugar promotes yeast infections.

In concentrated form, the hydrogen peroxide keeps away yeast, but this no longer holds in diluted form.

I used to use honey and caught a yeast/candida infection that caused severe pain when working in climatized (dry) air,

because the eyes were so dry and sensitive. It tooks months to find a cure and weeks of external Aspirin treatment to heal.

NOT recommended.

My holy grail
Reviewed on September 18, 2016

I use local pure, unfiltered honey that crystallizes at room temp. If you need to warm it up to use just use your body heat to do so as heating in microwave can denature it too much. I put it on my dry face and leave it on for about an hr (can go longer if you want). when I'm ready to take it off I rub my skin in circular motions then I add Luke warm water to take it off. It comes off super easy. Make sure you wash it all off bc if you have some left on skin it can clog your pores (some people use a gentle cleanser afterwards but I don't think it's necessary). I air dry my face and then put on moisturizer (this is a MUST). My skin feels so soft and glowing afterwards. My acne pimples and scars are smaller and fade over time. AND my makeup goes on a lot smoother. I do this once a week. Pure local, unfiltered honey or Manaka honey is the key to seeing results with this.

Best mask!