Honey Mask reviews

4.4/5 - 473 reviews

Honey.

It's ok
Reviewed on September 14, 2014

I used honey and lemon, the honey is great because it has anti-bacterial properties which can help prevent breakouts, I believe this did help with my breakouts a little, however nothing drastic... I used the lemon because it has bleaching properties and I have acne scars, so I was hoping it would fade my scars, however I tried it for over 30 days and didn't see an improvement with the scarring. The honey however, did make my face feel wonderful, it was really smooth. I'm no longer using this since I don't really have time, but if you're extremely prone to breakouts I definitely recommend the honey mask and leaving it on for about 30-40 minutes 3/4 times a week.

Waste of time
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

It was a waste of time for me, i use it for 3 weeks every day and nothing has change in my face

great to eat
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

not sure about having it on my skin.

did not seem to help much when i used it.

and quite hard to keep on!

Raw Honey
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

Raw Honey has masses of benefits for the skin, it's antibacterial and antimicrobial properties can be really beneficial to acne prone skin. I tend to use raw honey over regular store bought honey as it has not been heat treated or pasteurised so it contains more beneficial enzymes and nutrients. I will use raw honey as a mask or cleanser. As a mask I will leave it sitting on my skin for as long as possible anything from 5 minutes while I brush my teeth or a few hours at the weekend. I found that while adjusting to a 5% benzoyl peroxide treatment, raw honey was one of the only things that really nourished my dry, irritated skin. One downside is that, personally, it doesn't do that much to prevent active acne, but the soothing, moisturising, healing properties contribute to overall healthier skin and therefore less chance of breakouts over time.

Great Mask.
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

Love the honey, nutmeg, cinnamon mask. Great for my aging skin (I'm creeping up on 51) & combined with my DIY baking soda mask (I also use this as my cleanser both morning & evening) has created a softer, smoother complexion. (For the baking soda mask/scrub, simply add together baking soda & water to make a paste. Scrub gently then rinse. It is really that simple! Just be sure to use baking soda not baking powder)

For those of you with ultra sensitive skin beware of adding lemon to the mix. Lemon is obviously acidic & can potentially cause redness or other undesired results.

I have also decided to cut out using cleansing wipes as this adds unwanted and un-needed chemicals to my face. I traditional use a fair amount of makeup daily and have heard grape seed oil is a good alternative so I will try this next. Also Witch hazel is excellent to use as a toner and isn't too drying to the skin.

too sticky by itself
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I posted a honey mask recipe, The type I used was royal jelly in high quality raw honey. One of the functions of honey is to draw out pus and impurities. For about an hour the following day, my skin had a slightly bumpy texture that went away after I cleansed, exfoliated and moisturized. My flakiness was improved, but I think that's more because the texture of the honey pulled off excess flakes than any other property of the honey.

by blahhhhhhhhhh on 08/20/2014 03:03
Huh. Honey is sticky. Groundbreaking revelation discovered by internet user Turn0ver. Scientist are baffled, with no explanation as to the meaning of this newfound scientific breakthrough.
Breakout
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

Last night I tried the honey mask, everything went well, and went to sleep hoping my face would get better. Instead I woke up with slightly red cheeks with bumps that look like I have bad acne, and it certainly urged me to itch my cheeks. I desperately looked at reviews, see if anyone else experienced it. It was either I left the honey mask on too long or I just have sensitive skin. Now knowing what I have done, I haven't seen anything about getting rid of it or how to treat it properly. I've tried cooling the rash down by applying ice. I really want to know if there's anything to get rid of it, how long it would take, and if it's safe. I really don't want to worsen it and I have a upcoming event in just two days. I would recommend this treatment to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin. I've heard it's really good for others

by ZhenZhu on 08/06/2014 01:27
Hi! I posted the honey mask recipe, The type I used was royal jelly in high quality raw honey. One of the functions of honey is to draw out pus and impurities. For about an hour the following day, my skin had a slightly bumpy texture that went away after I cleansed, exfoliated and moisturized. It's always best to test for allergic reactions with a patch test for anything you put on your skin. If you're allergic to something in this particular honey from how it was processed, take a Benadryl to relieve the symptoms (re eHow.)
honey and aspirin
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

I suffer from hormonal acne and I have not had any otc or prescribed meds that have worked consistently. Currently I use a honey and aspirin mask every other day when I have really bad flare ups which is 3 weeks out of the month it seems. And then spot treat with neosporin. I have a citric mask (purchased frok while foods) I use on the other days. Well this combo has really made a difference. So, if honey is not working by itself. Try it with aspirin.

Simply Wonderful
Reviewed on July 15, 2014

I have a bumpy complection (I highly suspect it's closed comedones but I haven't been to a doctor about it) for quite a while, and it's incredibly frustrating because nothing ever seems to help. Awhile ago I started to regulate my regimen better (wash face in the morning and at night with mild soap, exfoliate every 3 days) and it did help a little, but I would be nowhere near where I am today if I hadn't started to put honey on my face. I get the best results if I leave it on overnight, (you need to cover your face with something if you do this or the honey will just smear off and get everywhere. I haven't figured out the best way to do this yet, but cutting gauze or kleenex and taping it where I put the honey works well enough for me.) and wash it off in the morning, rather than only leaving it on for 20 minutes during the day. I recommend 3 nights a week, or as long as you can when you're awake (an hour is good) if your skin is red, it works wonders for redness (perhaps because honey antibacterial and anti-inflammatory). For me it takes a while to clear my skin up if it's already bumpy, it works best if your pimples/bumps/what-have-you are still small. I will admit its not a perfect 'cure' (it obviously won't clear your skin up overnight), but if you stick to it (pun intended) you might just be amazed.

Don't do it
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

Read all the reviews on here with high hopes, only to be disappointed. I mixed 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of honey and used it as a mask. First minute I noticed more redness than before and felt a burning. I had tested it on my hand beforehand and had no reaction, but my face was a different story. It got red and irritated and I almost had a nervous breakdown but realized it was just an allergic reaction and it soon faded with time. I have sensitive oily skin, and I warn those who try it with extreme caution.

by Kristep on 07/07/2014 16:51
From what I understand, the mixture contains honey and cinnamon, but no lemon juice. Lemon juice is extremely acidic and would do more harm and exacerbate the problem, which explains why your face got so irritated. Maybe try it with just honey and cinnamon? You can even throw in a bit of nutmeg, too. :) Good luck!
by blahhhhhhhhhh on 08/20/2014 03:04
ITT: absolute moron subs in their own ingredients that are known face irritants and then gives poor review based upon their own sh*tty results