Coffee Ground Scrub reviews

4.6/5 - 19 reviews

Coffee Ground Scrub

I like to use this to remove my makeup.
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

I add some coffee grounds, some aloe 100% vera gel, and a little bit of organic coconut oil. The coconut oil dissolves makeup, the coffee exfoliates and the aloe soothes the skin. Not drying at all and it smells great!

Coffee and Coconut oil mask
Reviewed on October 22, 2016

I used this for the first time today and for someone who has sensitive skin I really liked it. I'll post back tomorrow or in a couple of days to see if maybe it takes longer to work. I probably also should use it a bit more before posting aswell.

But here's how I used it: I mixed 1 teaspoon of ground coffee with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and mixed it together with my hands. I put it on using my hands and rubbed it in, in circular motions very gently. I left it on for 15 minutes and then gently removed it.

My initial thoughts though are that I really like it. My face feels really clean but also kind of moisturised because of the cocout oil. I did moisturise and put on sunsreen afterwards because you're still exfoliating and this used to always be my mistake in my skincare rountine, forgetting to moisturise.

Not only do I feel moisturised but because of the coffee I feel it really cleaned my skin deeply and gave my skin a lovely glow. One word of advice is that although it is mild and didn't irritate my skin be careful when applying and especially removing the mask. Use plenty of water to remove it and don't use the coffee granules to scrub your face, it could end up damaging your skin.

by Island_Princess on 12/20/2016 22:15
Were there any negative effects after a couple more uses?
Frank Body Scrub
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

I haven't made my own mix but I've bought 3 different coffee scrubs from [link removed] and they work amazingly for a variety of skin issues. The biggest thing I got out of them was a decrease in discoloration > more even skin tone, and very moisturized, supple skin! They're only ~$14 and lasts at least 4 months

Awesome!
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

This stuff is awesome. First time I tried it it was a miracle. I mix it with coconut oil and sugar, like I saw in a video and it works great. I put the mask on for about 10 minutes and wipe it off. Immediately I see a difference. My skin is brighter, my sits have reduced in size an lost some redness. But make sure that your mask it fresh every time you use it. I have tried putting it in a container and using it the next day, but I do not get the same result. But still. WORKS WONDERS.

it really mademy face red and blotchy..
Reviewed on July 3, 2016

I am sitting here with a bright red face after making a facial scrub out of coffee grounds, green coffee, agave siroup and a bit of green tea.

I have used coffe egrounds befor with oils, it was always quite good, so I am not sure what went wrong today (maybe the green ingredients?) but after 5 minutes my face was itching like crazy. After about 8 minutes I washed it off and my face was covered in raised spots and red blotches :( never doing THAT again!

amazing scrub
Reviewed on February 26, 2016

i use this stuff as body scrub. i mix it with coconut oil and sugar it works wonder. my skin is super softer and brighter and it cleared up of my acne on my back and chest its amazing

by JazzyJazzy on 03/25/2016 15:49
What type of sugar did you use? What type of Coffee did you use? What type of Coconut oil did you use? Please help, Thank you <3
How long did it take for you to get rid of your acne?
YES!! MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR!!
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

TRY THIS. A MIRACLE! I'd almost given up and I was ashamed of my skin - I had to even almost cancel dinner plans one night because I was afraid of being judged but mostly feeling ugly and less confident and just DIRTY... PIMPLES AND REDNESS MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'M UNCLEAN!... but NOW with this recently, as a scrub alone or combined with plain greek yogurt as a mask (TIP: ALSO YOU CAN ADD IN TURMERIC POWDER AND LEMON JUICE FOR EXTRA LIGHTENING AND GLOW) - FREAKING AMAZING - I GET THAT CELEBRITY SKIN! Glowy and clear! YES! AND I AM ACNE- PRONE... I also do take 100 mg doxycycline every night and use Retin-A every two or few days - BUT THIS IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN OR WITH OTHER HELPFUL ACNE ROUTINES!!!!!

by WicksDanielle on 01/22/2016 13:15
how many times a week did you use it? im on doxy aswell every night and Ive been using just normal coffee ground on my face every night its so amazing but ive been getting some little bumps but nothing major !!
by xEmily0 on 06/01/2016 14:28
Hey! Sorry I never saw this to respond! My skin had gotten really bad again when I got to a super stressful period of my year, and therefore, I went back on an antibiotic (this time minocycline) which has Really been helping, but then I have been left with still some breakouts cropping up and acne SCARS. I am now, months later starting to again use the coffee grounds on my face, ONLY combined with lemon juice or with a little bit of pure yogurt as well. I do this about two or three times a week, because the rest of the time I've been using my Origins Clear Improvements mask, and have seen good results with that for both helping with my breakouts and overall getting rid of the redness (Kaolin clay can help with that). I hope this can maybe still be helpful - not sure if you need the advice anymore, but best of luck to you!!! :)
Softest Skin Ever
Reviewed on November 30, 2014

I came across this body scrub, I believe it was something like "You make me Coco?" I'm not sure, but anyways I always try to find a more natural method for getting similar results. So I decide to use coffee grounds at home, and I have to say it's very refreshing! I do this once a week, and I honestly always look forward to it. I like to begin by dry brushing my skin since it's known to increase blood flow, and apparently get rid of cellulite (although I have yet to see results). Then I like to go into my shower and scrub it, and you'll want to use it everywhere. You will immediately feel the softness and cleanliness. To conclude, I enjoy putting olive oil onto my skin and it just tops everything off. Trust me you guys, you'll feel as though you have returned from a day at the spa. It's calming, and purifying and just overall amazing. Now, I've read that it is not recommended that you use coffee grounds on your face although I do, when I do, I've had great results. It de-puffs your eyes and brightens and clarifies your skin. Overall, it's a great regimen. One I have grown to love and its inexpensive!

its amazing
Reviewed on October 30, 2014

I've tried so many acne methods from shrubs, masks, astrigents, etc. But so far the best method I have used was using plan coffee grounds on my face. Not only does it make my skin softer and brighter, I've noticed it makes my acne scars fade away. I'm probably going to do a YouTube tutorial on this for my subscribers because the new acne method I have now literally made almost all my acne disappear in about two days. I was pretty dang. Impressed honestly. Haha

by Luceh on 04/24/2015 19:01
I have moderate-severe acne and i was wondering what recipe thingy you used on your face to have such good results o:
by kittennsweetiee on 05/06/2015 01:49
I have a little jar that I mix about 4-5 little cups of kerege grounded coffee into. I also mix in different kinds of oils (vitamin c, grapeseed, argan, etc) into. Sometimes I will also include things like shredded coconut/little orange peel stripes into it for the scent. I also like to put a little bit of brewed tea into the mixture and I keep it in my fridge. This little jar usually lasts me about a month or two. Important: This is used as a weekly - bi-weekly exfoliate, it is not meant for everyday use, when you decide to use the coffee scrub you must be extremely gentle on your face and not tug and pull on the skin or else it can cause damage overtime. For my everyday use, I use the oil cleansing method, if you don't know what that is but want to try it there are many youtube tutorials. So far this has been the best option for my skin! (:
Dude, trust me on this one. It's so stupendously good.
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

This works amazingly. The coffee exfoliates and I think hydrates a bit, which leaves my skin so so so soft. I'm not even exaggerating when I say its 3 so's soft. I use this every third day (basically whenever I shower) and use it after I do a quick clean with baking soda. The baking soda and this TOGETHER works really well, but this has worked super well on it's own. I use coffee grounds from already brewed coffee, as they are moist and have opened up to release the caffeine and great smell. My acne is almost completely clear excluding the occasional breakout, but nothing compared what it used to be. This treatment is cheap and easy, and works so well you need to try it at least once or twice. It is so good I can't believe that everyone is still not using this! Take care :-)