ClearLight Acne Treatment reviews

Mark product as reinstated

Reviewed on December 16, 2009

Try clearlight because it really works.

Reviewed on August 11, 2009

I took my son for these treatments when he was a teen. He is now a young adult and having the same problems with the acne he had when he was using the light treatment. The treatments were done at an office, under doctor supervision. In my opinion, it was a scam - something like snake oil, from the last century.

Reviewed on February 6, 2009

For those of you with no results , maybe the machine was not a good one. Do some background reseach on these clinics before you chose one.

Reviewed on September 27, 2008

It works quickly, beautifully without any negative side effects. A wonderful answer to the emotional and physical misery of acne.

Reviewed on July 24, 2008

I've had acne since I was 12 & I've always been able to keep it under control with proactiv and murad, but after I got my tattoo and stopped going tanning, my face just flaired up! If you go tanning, please STOP and buy urself some Jergens lotion with the bronzers in it. I thought tanning helped keep my acne under control because as soon as i stopped going, i would break out, so i always made it a priority to go. As soon as i stopped, my face was just filled with acne, especially on my cheeks and it literally hurt. i went to a derm and she put this liquid treatment called Dusa on me and used the clear light and my skin is clearing up! the acne will all come out because theres no other way but the dusa will keep the acne from coming back! Our bodies produce something that prevent us from breaking out and Dusa is just that but its manmade. My derm put it on my face and left it on for 30 minutes to sink into my skin and then did the clearlight, its absolutely amazing and a miracle!

Reviewed on May 19, 2008

I would not recommend this. When I went they said my skin was not too bad and that the clearlight should clear it right up. They said it would get worse before it gets better and even that didn't happen. Dont waste your money or your time.

Reviewed on March 26, 2008

I have had mild to moderate hormonal acne for the past 15 years. I have tried various treatments recommended by different dermatologists over the past 7 years including minocycline, yasmin, retin-A, clindamicyn, duac gel, and differen and never really found anything to work specatucarly. I decided to get off the minocycline (though I was pleased with the results) as I am thinking about starting a family. I just finished my eighth clearlight session over a month long period and my skin looks great with out make-up. This is the first time in a very long while that I am able to go completely foundationa and concealer free.

I hope the results last

by Lisa1209 on 09/03/2014 16:03
Then why give Clearlight a 3-star rating? Seems like you are 5-star happy.
by Lisa1209 on 09/03/2014 16:26
Then why give Clearlight a 3-star rating? Seems like you are 5-star happy.
Reviewed on March 4, 2008

is, sulfur kills bacteria. you can find it in landscaping/plant/floral stores. You CAN take it internally, and it kills all bacteria it comes in contact with.

The remedy my mother always gave us was equal parts of epsom salt (disinfectant, flush), cream of tartar (flush), baking soda (make the body alkaline), and flowers of sulfur (kills bacteria). Any bacterial (not viral) sickness would clear up or be better in one day or gone by two.

Look at ingredients in ProActive, it contatins sulfur.

A note about sulfur. The FDA doesn't want anyone taking it because the FDA doesn't know how to suggest it's application. It is a natural element, aka "brimstone", from volcanoes, and, like any other substance, taken out of moderation can lead to overdose (sickness) or possible death (extreme).

I've taken two heaping spoonfuls of the remedy given above in one day, no problem, only results. Also, keep your body alkaline! Seltzer/spritzer/club-soda/baking soda, all same thin

Reviewed on February 13, 2008

I just finished my 8th session and was told a may need a few more ($$$cha-ching!). I was not able to consistantly use the topical mild retinoid my Dr. prescribed due to the peeling and irritation of the topical. Avoid using too many acne products (even if prescribed by your Dr.) while on Clearlight therapy, especially if you have sensitive skin. However, if you don't consistently use a topical treatment along with the clearlight it doesn't work as well, supposedly. In Texas, it only cost me $200 for a month of treatments, but it did make my acne worse in some areas. This is not unusual, as your impurities are all coming to the surface to be purged. Reconsider using clearlight if you are a compulsive zit-picker! It was often difficult to resist squeezing the little goodies that came to the surface and this created scars. Don't give up! Find something that works for you...I'm 38 with hormonal acne and am determined to find a cure.

Reviewed on February 6, 2008

Initially it looked to me that my acne had started to heal but after using Clearlight Acne Treatment for 3 weeks, I noticed that I started to get deep holes in the affected area. I stopped and switched over to zenmed's derma cleanse acne treatment system and it really helped in healing my acne as well as the deep holes which had formed on my cheeks.