Cinnamon reviews

2.9/5 - 26 reviews

Absolutely horrible
Reviewed on November 12, 2016

I was just innocently looking online for DIY scrubs and f course i came across a honey, yogurt, cinnamon rub that i thought would be perfect. WRONG! The diy said to keep it on for 10 minutes but after 2 it was burning like crazy! my face got red and patchy. Currently its been about 15 minutes and the redness has slowly went down but i have been rubbing ice (put a bag over the ice) over my face i wish i never did this mask and just know, please try to use as little cinnamon as possible because it is a spice, and it will burn your face

Not for the faint of heart
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I found this little mask on my beloved Internet. Many reviews said it made their skin burn,I brushed it of thinking that they were just whiney and thin skinned. Oh how wrong I was. After 2 minutes the burning was so bad I washed it all off but it KEPT ON BURNING for a good 15 minutes I was in agony. But the next morning my zits had reduced a lot. You might use this to spot treat if you are very,very brave.

DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

Unless you want to burn your skin off, DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!!!!!! I cant stress this enough! Read this for proof [link removed] and don't listen to those bloody Youtubers!!

Ouch!
Reviewed on February 14, 2016

Ive been using cinnamon in my face masks for about a year now, but only a little. Today I used half a tea spoon and I felt my face start to burn as soon as I put it on, I assumed it was just working its magic. I was wrong. After a few minutes I couldn't stand the burning and washed it off. My face was left red, patchy and painful. It was burnt! Never using it on my skin again!

My own cinnmon wonder mask-for sensitive/acne prone/combination skin
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Acne and that too huge cystic ones can wreak an havoc on your confidence. I have done a lot of research on alternate therapies and with many trial and errors discovered this mask. I used it regularly AM and PM for 30 min each. Start with 5 min and gradually increase the duration to avoid burning of skin. Sharing this with a hope that others benefit

1 tsp -Cinnamon powder ( organic)

1 tsp- Nutmeg (organic)

2 tsp- Honey

5-10 drops- Tea tree/lavender ( which ever suits your skin)

1/2 tsp- Turmeric

1/2 tsp aloe vera ( subsitute with youghurt sometimes)

This can be stored upto a week . Try it out as a patch first. Go ahead and let me know if it works.

cinnamon peeled my skin
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I was really into the DIY facial mask. I loved yoghurt mix with turmeric.

One day I decided to do 1/2 tbs cinnamon+1 tbs yoghurt+ 1tbs honey mixture. As I applied on my face, it stung immediately and I thought the mixture is doing its job but after a minute or two I couldnt stand the pain and washed it off immediately. My face had a patchy redness. The next day my skin peeled around my mouth area especially near the laughing lines. Im slowly recovering from it after applying extra virgin olive oil mix with pure vitamin E oil.

Next time, I'll use a pinch of the cinnamon if I want to do any DIY facial..

HELP
Reviewed on July 3, 2015

THIS IS THE WORST EVER!!! I put it on and when i took it off my skins was so soft but soon after i got small pimples all over my face!!! i only used it for 3 small pimples on my chin and forehead and now i have these small red dots all over my cheecks forehead and chin!!! it itches and they arnt going away!! i have no idea what to do and i need suggestions please this is absolutely terrible!!

by I needs your help on 09/01/2016 20:27
PLEASE HELP! The same thing has happened to me I did the mask a couple days ago and it was fine after then later that night I broke out in small bumps that look like acne all OVER MY FACE!! How did you fix this is there a cure?? Please write back
by CharmGirl1432 on 11/02/2016 04:10
Probably allergic to it.
Amazing
Reviewed on June 7, 2015

This face mask has done wonders on my skin! I make the paste like 1 part cinnamon and 2 parts honey and heat it for 2-3 seconds on microwave and apply it. I leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It reduced the size of my cystic pimples. Guys if you have really stubborn cystic pimples try this. I guarantee you, You will see results in the very first week. Yes, it stings and causes redness but that is temporary. Make sure you use natural cinnamon. All the best!

Only wise people will read this
Reviewed on May 15, 2015

Cinnamon and honey face masks aren't exactly popular due to many factors. The most common reasons that it is probably not gonna work is cuz either the cinnamon powder is not natural or ur making the mask wrong. Watch this video (even though majority will skip this important step) .............. Done watching! Follow all the instructions they gave you and apply Vaseline on affected areas of face and leave overnight. I now pronounce u to enter clear skin world! Enjoy ur stay...

Cinnamon and honey mask
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

i used this mask with honey . I only kept it for 3 minutes as it was quite stingy. Now my face is all red and even after two days its still pricky. I wont suggest this mask for people with sensitive skin. I am applying aloe vera on my face but this redness aint coming down :-(