Cinnamon reviews

3.3/5 - 16 reviews

Cinnamon

Hasn't work for me! :/
Reviewed on May 11, 2014

I used to have a great skin but for a few months now I have been acne prone. After researching a lot about acne I found out that honey and cinnamon really helps I tried it on once (1/2 tbsp cinnamon w/ 2 tbsp honey) for 30-35 mins but nothing happened. Now my face is just red. :( If there is any other remedy please let me know.

Cinnamon is for your coffee, not for your face
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

Cinnamon works as a chemical exfoliant so it does have a positive effect on acne, however it is merely an unstable, ineffective and more unpredictable alternative to Glycolic Acid.

Used cinnamon mask once and had an allergic reaction and chemical burn from it. Took a week to heal.

Would advice avoiding this and use a well formulated chemical exfoliant for better results and less danger.

Cinnamon with Honey
Reviewed on July 3, 2013

I have incredibly sensitive skin. I'm a redhead so I burn easily and synthetic chemicals in laundry detergents and shampoos irritate my skin. I'm also prone to hormonal acne which has drastically improved since I began BC pills and retin-a cream. For some reason, I broke out a ton this week. I'm guessing it is because I was stressed over an exam.. Anyway!! This morning I mixed honey and cinnamon, (maybe two parts honey to one part cinnamon?) and applied it to my blemishes (not my entire face because the rest of my skin looks awesome) and I watched Kathy Lee and Hoda. Then, about 45 minutes later, I rinsed it off and moisturized. I was SO impressed when I looked in the mirror. Everything has shrunk by at least 50%. The overall redness is 70% improved and the blemishes themselves have tightened up and look like they are well on their way to healing. I'm going to try this again tonight and tomorrow, and I'll post again.

by Riyaaa12 on 05/11/2014 15:23
Didnt work for me. :(
by Riyaaa12 on 05/11/2014 15:23
Didnt work for me. :(
Cinnamon with honey
Reviewed on June 25, 2013

I tried cinnamon with honey. I dint equally measure them at first. I kinda used a bit more of cinnamon than honey.

It did sting. But, I left it on for around 20 minutes. Washed it off to find my face all red & my face continued to prick for the whole day.

by MNnaturalsolutions on 07/03/2013 16:18
You have to make sure the cinnamon is 100% real cinnamon. Some off brand stuff includes add ins that can irritate the skin. Good luck!
Reviewed on December 16, 2010

ive been told that the cinnamon sold in stores is not real and may be the cause for the irritation, i dont know but will never be using this again!!

Reviewed on August 28, 2010

Only aboard the "cinnamon and honey ship" for 1 day. Cinnamon and honey mask I used contains- Neem oil, tea tree oil, cinnamon and honey and Kaolin powder.

Neem oil works the same as lavender oil, emu oil should be added also to speed up acne/ scar healing.

Try it!

Reviewed on August 12, 2010

I've used everything. I can't use BP since I'm allergic to it. I can't use the pill after suffering a mini-stroke. Accutane worked temporarily & made me terribly depressed. But, honey & cinnamon have worked wonders.

First-- USE ORGANIC CINNAMON. When I used whatever was in the spice aisle, the stinging was worse. I get my cinnamon from Mountain Rose Herbs. It's cheaper & costs about $7 for a pound of powdered cinnamon. It's fresh & the stinging is reduced.

Into a small glass container, mix half cinnamon & half honey until you like the consistency. I make it a bit thick so it doesn't run all over. If the weather's hot, stay in the bathroom-- the honey will melt. I generally put this on just before taking a shower. It will get everywhere-- so pull your hair back & be prepared.

Leave it on NO LONGER THAN 30 minutes & that's a lot. If you leave it on too long, you'll burn your skin. I generally leave it on for 15 minutes.

Use it every day for the first 2 weeks. Then reduce to every other day. Make sure you monitor your skin for any overly dry patches. I used it on my body & it did wonders, but I developed a patch of eczema because I may have overused the treatment initially.

Overall-- the cost is nominal. A pound of cinnamon will last you a year. A jar of honey will last about 3 months. My cost estimate of $17 goes well beyond a single month.

My acne isn't gone. There is no magic pill, but this has helped reduce what were pretty bad break outs to something more managable. The only other things I use are a good moisturizer, Grandpa's sulfur soap 2x a day (no more), & lavender essential oil (42/40) as a spot treatment.

Reviewed on August 30, 2009

perhaps its just me. honey by itself was fine. the cinnamon was terribly inconvenient.

Reviewed on August 7, 2009

ive only done the mask like 3 or 4 so i cant tell if it exactly cleared my pimples or not but makes skin amazingly soft!