Cinnamon reviews

3.1/5 - 21 reviews

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

cinnamon peeled my skin
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I was really into the DIY facial mask. I loved yoghurt mix with turmeric.

One day I decided to do 1/2 tbs cinnamon+1 tbs yoghurt+ 1tbs honey mixture. As I applied on my face, it stung immediately and I thought the mixture is doing its job but after a minute or two I couldnt stand the pain and washed it off immediately. My face had a patchy redness. The next day my skin peeled around my mouth area especially near the laughing lines. Im slowly recovering from it after applying extra virgin olive oil mix with pure vitamin E oil.

Next time, I'll use a pinch of the cinnamon if I want to do any DIY facial..

Reviewed on July 3, 2015

THIS IS THE WORST EVER!!! I put it on and when i took it off my skins was so soft but soon after i got small pimples all over my face!!! i only used it for 3 small pimples on my chin and forehead and now i have these small red dots all over my cheecks forehead and chin!!! it itches and they arnt going away!! i have no idea what to do and i need suggestions please this is absolutely terrible!!

Reviewed on June 7, 2015

This face mask has done wonders on my skin! I make the paste like 1 part cinnamon and 2 parts honey and heat it for 2-3 seconds on microwave and apply it. I leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It reduced the size of my cystic pimples. Guys if you have really stubborn cystic pimples try this. I guarantee you, You will see results in the very first week. Yes, it stings and causes redness but that is temporary. Make sure you use natural cinnamon. All the best!

Only wise people will read this
Reviewed on May 15, 2015

Cinnamon and honey face masks aren't exactly popular due to many factors. The most common reasons that it is probably not gonna work is cuz either the cinnamon powder is not natural or ur making the mask wrong. Watch this video (even though majority will skip this important step) <https://[link removed]>.............. Done watching! Follow all the instructions they gave you and apply Vaseline on affected areas of face and leave overnight. I now pronounce u to enter clear skin world! Enjoy ur stay...

Cinnamon and honey mask
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

i used this mask with honey . I only kept it for 3 minutes as it was quite stingy. Now my face is all red and even after two days its still pricky. I wont suggest this mask for people with sensitive skin. I am applying aloe vera on my face but this redness aint coming down :-(

Hasn't work for me! :/
Reviewed on May 11, 2014

I used to have a great skin but for a few months now I have been acne prone. After researching a lot about acne I found out that honey and cinnamon really helps I tried it on once (1/2 tbsp cinnamon w/ 2 tbsp honey) for 30-35 mins but nothing happened. Now my face is just red. :( If there is any other remedy please let me know.

by hankdog on 11/11/2014 20:06
This happened to me the first few times i tried this mask as well. The cinnamon is an antibacterial and can be harsh on skin. After applying this mask try putting green tea leaves on your reddest areas. Green tea is an anti inflammatory and will hopefully make the redness go away.
Cinnamon is for your coffee, not for your face
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

Cinnamon works as a chemical exfoliant so it does have a positive effect on acne, however it is merely an unstable, ineffective and more unpredictable alternative to Glycolic Acid.

Used cinnamon mask once and had an allergic reaction and chemical burn from it. Took a week to heal.

Would advice avoiding this and use a well formulated chemical exfoliant for better results and less danger.

Cinnamon with Honey
Reviewed on July 3, 2013

I have incredibly sensitive skin. I'm a redhead so I burn easily and synthetic chemicals in laundry detergents and shampoos irritate my skin. I'm also prone to hormonal acne which has drastically improved since I began BC pills and retin-a cream. For some reason, I broke out a ton this week. I'm guessing it is because I was stressed over an exam.. Anyway!! This morning I mixed honey and cinnamon, (maybe two parts honey to one part cinnamon?) and applied it to my blemishes (not my entire face because the rest of my skin looks awesome) and I watched Kathy Lee and Hoda. Then, about 45 minutes later, I rinsed it off and moisturized. I was SO impressed when I looked in the mirror. Everything has shrunk by at least 50%. The overall redness is 70% improved and the blemishes themselves have tightened up and look like they are well on their way to healing. I'm going to try this again tonight and tomorrow, and I'll post again.

by Riyaaa12 on 05/11/2014 15:23
Didnt work for me. :(
by Riyaaa12 on 05/11/2014 15:23
Didnt work for me. :(
Cinnamon with honey
Reviewed on June 25, 2013

I tried cinnamon with honey. I dint equally measure them at first. I kinda used a bit more of cinnamon than honey.

It did sting. But, I left it on for around 20 minutes. Washed it off to find my face all red & my face continued to prick for the whole day.

by MNnaturalsolutions on 07/03/2013 16:18
You have to make sure the cinnamon is 100% real cinnamon. Some off brand stuff includes add ins that can irritate the skin. Good luck!