Cinnamon reviews

2.9/5 - 30 reviews

Amazing
Reviewed on April 3, 2017

I have horrible cheek acne and just recently I started breaking out on my face. I found this mask online and for the first time I sued it, it burned like hell. I had a fan on my face to keep me from roasting alive internally. I have tons of scars on both of my cheeks as well. After I took the mask off (I had it on for 2 hours) my skin was GLOWING! Sure my face hurt like a female dog, but the results were worth it! I have been using this mask for a week and my skin has remarkably improved. I don't think this mask is much help to people with sensitive skin, but with people who believe in "no pain no gain" or "beauty is pain" this mask is made for you.

HORRIBLE
Reviewed on March 2, 2017

This face mask was horrible! I tried it on Monday, it is now Wednesday night as I'm writing this. I thought the burning was helping my ski but when I took it off, I got little bumps ALL OVER my face, it's completely red, and the skin is peeling off. THE EFFECTS STILL HAVENT GONE AWAY!!!! I'm suffering and I have no idea what to do! Somebody help me!

by Purna on 03/22/2017 01:15
From now on for sensitive skin try turmeric, milk, and honey it will help you a lot. I had cystic acne but then I got completely clear just by constantly doing this everyday for 30 minutes for 6 months. Yes, it takes time but it lasts forever! It's been 6 months and I haven't gotten a single blemish on my skin. Also u can use this mask to get rid of arm hair and upper lip hair! This is an ancient Indian treatment so you give it a try for at least 2 months
HORRIBLE
Reviewed on February 5, 2017

I tried a face mask that included cinnamon ( 1 raw egg and 2 table spoons of cinnamon) , in the beginning it burned a little but the youtube video said that it was normal so i ignored it. But when i washed it of MY HOLE FACE WAS RED AND IT WAS BURNING. For some people this remedie may work but before you try it make sure that you do a patch test on your face.

by tyraalbine on 03/13/2017 15:02
what did you do to reduce the redness??? i did the exact same thing...
Great if you have endurance
Reviewed on January 29, 2017

Most people on here only leave bad reviews because of the first minutes where it feels like its burning your face. YES it will hurt a lot for like 4 minutes but it's totally bearable. Remember beauty is pain guys. After a few minutes have passed by your skin will feel fresh. DONT remove it when u apply it. Just wait and suck it up it'll be over i promise. After youve left the mask on for 30 mins to an 1 hour and you remove it you will see how bright your skin is. And after a few uses it really does help with acne:)

Absolutely horrible
Reviewed on November 12, 2016

I was just innocently looking online for DIY scrubs and f course i came across a honey, yogurt, cinnamon rub that i thought would be perfect. WRONG! The diy said to keep it on for 10 minutes but after 2 it was burning like crazy! my face got red and patchy. Currently its been about 15 minutes and the redness has slowly went down but i have been rubbing ice (put a bag over the ice) over my face i wish i never did this mask and just know, please try to use as little cinnamon as possible because it is a spice, and it will burn your face

Not for the faint of heart
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I found this little mask on my beloved Internet. Many reviews said it made their skin burn,I brushed it of thinking that they were just whiney and thin skinned. Oh how wrong I was. After 2 minutes the burning was so bad I washed it all off but it KEPT ON BURNING for a good 15 minutes I was in agony. But the next morning my zits had reduced a lot. You might use this to spot treat if you are very,very brave.

DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

Unless you want to burn your skin off, DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!!!!!! I cant stress this enough! Read this for proof [link removed] and don't listen to those bloody Youtubers!!

Ouch!
Reviewed on February 14, 2016

Ive been using cinnamon in my face masks for about a year now, but only a little. Today I used half a tea spoon and I felt my face start to burn as soon as I put it on, I assumed it was just working its magic. I was wrong. After a few minutes I couldn't stand the burning and washed it off. My face was left red, patchy and painful. It was burnt! Never using it on my skin again!

My own cinnmon wonder mask-for sensitive/acne prone/combination skin
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Acne and that too huge cystic ones can wreak an havoc on your confidence. I have done a lot of research on alternate therapies and with many trial and errors discovered this mask. I used it regularly AM and PM for 30 min each. Start with 5 min and gradually increase the duration to avoid burning of skin. Sharing this with a hope that others benefit

1 tsp -Cinnamon powder ( organic)

1 tsp- Nutmeg (organic)

2 tsp- Honey

5-10 drops- Tea tree/lavender ( which ever suits your skin)

1/2 tsp- Turmeric

1/2 tsp aloe vera ( subsitute with youghurt sometimes)

This can be stored upto a week . Try it out as a patch first. Go ahead and let me know if it works.

cinnamon peeled my skin
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I was really into the DIY facial mask. I loved yoghurt mix with turmeric.

One day I decided to do 1/2 tbs cinnamon+1 tbs yoghurt+ 1tbs honey mixture. As I applied on my face, it stung immediately and I thought the mixture is doing its job but after a minute or two I couldnt stand the pain and washed it off immediately. My face had a patchy redness. The next day my skin peeled around my mouth area especially near the laughing lines. Im slowly recovering from it after applying extra virgin olive oil mix with pure vitamin E oil.

Next time, I'll use a pinch of the cinnamon if I want to do any DIY facial..