Calamine Lotion reviews

4.5/5 - 181 reviews

Calamine Lotion

Calamine is either a mixture of zinc oxide (ZnO) with about 0.5% ferric oxide (Fe2O3) or a zinc carbonate compound.

Caladryl Lotion, Calamine Plus Itch Reliever, 6-Ounce Bottle
updated: 06/26/2016 02:41 UTC
Walgreens Calahist Medicated Calamine Lotion, 6 oz
updated: 06/26/2016 03:59 UTC

Amazing!!
Reviewed on June 2, 2016

I found out about this treatment on acne.org; and seeing as it is inexpensive I decided to give it a try- and I have to say after about 3 months of using this, I am extremely impressed. It is not a miracle product by any means, but it SIGNIFICANTLY improves acne and inflammation. It reduces the size and redness of active pimples, and I love to use it daily to prevent any future breakouts. It is drying so I use it in conjunction with Argan oil and sunscreen. I apply it all over my face before bed mixed with Argan oil, and repeat in the morning under makeup. It doesn't change the color of makeup and doesn't change the way it appears on my face. It can also be used as a spot treatment. I love this product and will continue to use it

wonderful spot treatment
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

This is a really wonderful spot treatment for me. I don't reach for it often but it's a must have in my "emergency skincare arsenal". I use this I when I have a few whiteheads that I want to bring down in size and this does the job of shrinking them considerably overnight.

amazing
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

I had big horrible cyst on my chin... It hurt to even smile ! I put this stuff on and left it over night and it was gone next morning and no swelling no redness it helped!!

best thing ever!
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

Fantastic product, so glad I found it, very cheap and easy to use, with great results. I use this as a spot treatment before bedtime and leave it on over night it greatly reduced the size and redness of problem areas more than any other products I have tried. Def. recommend it! but make sure to get one with good ingredients.

For me nothing works like this does!!
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

I am in my mid 30s and battling harmonal/cystic acne. I spread a thin layer over my acne and spots and leave it ovenight.In the morning, pimples dont disappear but reduce by 80%. Again, if i apply it when its a tiny red bump under my skin, it doesnt disapper totally but the size is very tiny -to me much better than a large pus filled cyst. It aids in drying the cysts faster and doesnt leave a black dark spot. I have tried various products both natural and medicinal but this has worked for me. I use the one from Target.

BEST STUFF!!
Reviewed on June 9, 2015

i have been struggiling with moderate acne scars for about 6 months now, my.scars are not so pitted but very red and not cute. being so desperate for help i came across this online review and decided to give it a shot. im never the kind of person to write reviews but i need to tell you guys in the same boat as me to try this !!! this is my 3rd night using calamine lotion and wow!! i can honestly say my skin has improved so much i didnt have to cake on my makeup today i didnt even need concelar thats a first! my.family has even noticed a difference. This stuff is amazing and i look forward to seeing more of the great results it brings me. i recommend this product !!!!

Yes yes yes!!
Reviewed on May 1, 2015

This is great! I paid 2.50 for this and I can safely say it is one of the cheapest and most effective acne treatments I have bought. I apply this all over my face and chest after showering, and it has done wonders for all of my pimples! I'm guessing it's the zinc oxide, but this truly is great. It started to show results pretty quickly, and I recommend using it pretty consistently (every day if possible) for best results. I am able to spread it all around my face with a Q-tip, but that's because my skin has shown no signs of dryness or irritation with it. If you experience dryness please only use it as a spot treatment on the pimple. I've heard some people say it can be pretty drying. This may not work for everyone, because naturally we all have different skin, but for such a cheap price it definitely cannot hurt to try it.

Best stuff ever!
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

a couple of years ago, i started getting a few spots here and there, but nothing that bothered me too much, my mum would always get onto me about putting calamine on my face whenever im not going out, and leaving it on to sleep, i never really bothered because my spots never really bothered me, but recently i started getting alot of red inflamed acne all over my face, so i decided to give the calamine lotion a try, i dabbed it all over my face and left it for as long as a could, and i can honestly say its worked wonders on my face! Its became a part of my routine now, i never go a night without putting it on, i have no spots now, i still get the occasional one, but nothing compared to what was there! I then recommended it to my best friend, who has suffered with acne for years, and its gets her so down that she will sit there crying about her skin, shes been prescribed so many different creams and tablets ive lost count, then she tried calamine and she said it was the best thing shes ever done! Deffo give it a try, you wont be let down!

Give it a try!
Reviewed on September 15, 2014

In my opinion, I think Calamine Lotion works for acne! For me I apply it in a mask once a day (when I have time), and leave it until I am ready to go to sleep and wash it off then-can be anywhere from 30 minutes to over 3 hours. I don't think it cures the acne but it stops it from getting any bigger, and reduces redness and irritation. When my skin is really dry but I want to use this product, I mix the Calamine lotion with Vitamin E oil or Polysporin Cream and apply that ONLY on the dry areas and regular Calamine lotion everywhere else. How much oil or Polysporin you add depends on what consistency you want, just add until you get the mixture that feels right for you. I usually try to add 2/3 Calamine to 1/3 Vitamin E oil or Polysporin. It leaves my skin smooth and soft, and pores are smaller.

Some other general tips I have picked up over the years for what works for me:

1. Moisturizer in both the morning and evening. I use Jamieson Provitamin Vitamin A Night Cream, and during the day same brand but the Vitamin E day cream. After I apply the moisturizer I put on my day and night acne cream over the moisturizer. This reduces the oiliness and helps prevent acne.

2. NEVER EVER PICK AT ANY TYPE OF ACNE!!!!!!!! I used to pop and try to drain all my pimples but it only makes it worse. If you leave it and just apply creams, it will be way better. I have made this mistake countless times by convincing myself it will be better after I pop it, BUT IT NEVER MAKES IT BETTER!!!!!!

3. Try not to spot treat with acne creams because they can irritate the skin. Just apply a thick layer.

Masks but doesn't treat
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Since I was the only person in my family with acne from a young age, I would get into the medicine cabinet a try to fix myself. Making my face pink instead of seeing blotches made me feel better at 10, but when I told my pediatrician, he laughed at me. It kept me from touching my face with my hands, but it didn't allow my skin to breathe, he said, it was merely masking the redness, and that I should stop.

by JoyfulLoquat on 09/07/2015 11:24
Maybe u need to change paediatricians