Calamine Lotion reviews

4.5/5 - 186 reviews

Calamine Lotion

Calamine is either a mixture of zinc oxide (ZnO) with about 0.5% ferric oxide (Fe2O3) or a zinc carbonate compound.

Caladryl Lotion, Calamine Plus Itch Reliever, 6-Ounce Bottle
updated: 10/22/2016 20:32 UTC
Walgreens Calahist Medicated Calamine Lotion, 6 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 22:57 UTC
- is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on September 19, 2016

Honestly, I don't know whether it works or not concerning acne because I haven't used it in that sense but it is an AMAZING makeup primer if you suffer from oily skin! Apparently, it can have a plateau effect so I interchange between this and milk of magnesia, which is also a phenomenal primer! Although I said I'm not sure about it working for acne, I do think that less oil can mean less clogged pores. I also get pimples much less now-a-days. This may have contributed. Who knows?? It's worth a try!

Calms down my skin
Reviewed on September 9, 2016

I purchased Calamine for a rash I got from an allergic reaction and I wanted to try it on my acne. I have cystic acne along my cheek bone and under my jaw that gets very irritated and itchy. I applied a bit of Calamine on my spots and it calmed down my face instantly. The pimples didn't go away but they were noticeably less puffy and less red. The only downside is that its extremely drying so don't use too much at once.

not for acne
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

This is a necessity in everyone's house because it's great for calming rashes and irritations. It's a must-use for chicken pox.

I've also seen it advertised as a face care product but I would never use if for that. I'm pretty sure it blocked my pores and caused me to break out.

soooo good
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

It fades acne scars and cold sore scars and it dries out spots and pimples this is better than BP or all the other expensive trash they try to market to us.

BP and other harsh treatments always left my skin red and damaged. Thank the heavens for giving us calamine, truly, I am so grateful to have such a gentle but effective treatment. Spots wont disappear over night but with patience and regular application at night they will gently dry up leaving no scars or marks -which is amazing as I usually pick or use BP and end up with horrible scars.

not for acne
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

Great for treating rashes and irritation all over the body but not for acne

Reviewed on June 2, 2016

I found out about this treatment on; and seeing as it is inexpensive I decided to give it a try- and I have to say after about 3 months of using this, I am extremely impressed. It is not a miracle product by any means, but it SIGNIFICANTLY improves acne and inflammation. It reduces the size and redness of active pimples, and I love to use it daily to prevent any future breakouts. It is drying so I use it in conjunction with Argan oil and sunscreen. I apply it all over my face before bed mixed with Argan oil, and repeat in the morning under makeup. It doesn't change the color of makeup and doesn't change the way it appears on my face. It can also be used as a spot treatment. I love this product and will continue to use it

wonderful spot treatment
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

This is a really wonderful spot treatment for me. I don't reach for it often but it's a must have in my "emergency skincare arsenal". I use this I when I have a few whiteheads that I want to bring down in size and this does the job of shrinking them considerably overnight.

Reviewed on May 20, 2016

I had big horrible cyst on my chin... It hurt to even smile ! I put this stuff on and left it over night and it was gone next morning and no swelling no redness it helped!!

best thing ever!
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

Fantastic product, so glad I found it, very cheap and easy to use, with great results. I use this as a spot treatment before bedtime and leave it on over night it greatly reduced the size and redness of problem areas more than any other products I have tried. Def. recommend it! but make sure to get one with good ingredients.

For me nothing works like this does!!
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

I am in my mid 30s and battling harmonal/cystic acne. I spread a thin layer over my acne and spots and leave it ovenight.In the morning, pimples dont disappear but reduce by 80%. Again, if i apply it when its a tiny red bump under my skin, it doesnt disapper totally but the size is very tiny -to me much better than a large pus filled cyst. It aids in drying the cysts faster and doesnt leave a black dark spot. I have tried various products both natural and medicinal but this has worked for me. I use the one from Target.