Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 905 reviews

Please DO NOT use baking soda on your skin
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

Baking soda has a pH of 9, and science says that skin's optimal pH is 4.7-5.5. It's optimal because the bacteria that causes acne dies when it's in slightly acidic environment. All baking soda does is dry out your skin, increase acne in the long run, and damage the acid mantle.

Great spot treatment for oily skin!
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

I've heard a lot of love/hate for this, but let's calm down. Baking soda is really cheap, even if you get organic/natural. All I do is put some water on my finger, dip it in the box, and apply it to each wet pimple after washing my face. However, you have to be careful not to get the paste on the rest of your skin or it will dry it out. Leave it on for less than 5 minutes, and use a washcloth to wash it off with cold water. Apply a toner if your skin is too dry. I do this no more than once a day.

Works for me as long as I use coconut oil to moisturize
Reviewed on December 4, 2014

Baking soda would leave my skin very dry if I didnt immediately put coconut oil on afterward. Since using it though, my skin has cleared up a lot. My method would probably make people shudder.

Coconut oil moisturizer

Baking soda wash

Spot treatment with wart remover.

Yes wart remover. I apply it very fast, wipe it off, and cover it with coconut oil and its been working.

by Rilianne07 on 12/04/2014 04:14
Good for you. Coconut oil makes me break out really bad. It is highly comedogenic. Furthermore, I live in a tropicql climate where coconut oil is in liquid form, unlike the solid form Westerners are accustomed to. Not my ideal moisturizer. But it's good that it works for you.
Awesome method
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I love this method. FYI don't use it too often (once a week)or keep it on too long (30-45secs). I also use tea tree oil as a moisturizer which is helping with the blemish marks.

really hurts to use baking soda
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

i used it and it burned my face and it made my lips swell up bad idea:(

by brucee1920 on 11/14/2014 15:06
you kept it on too long. Only keep it on for like 30-45seconds
Noooooo
Reviewed on October 26, 2014

I had very mild acne and tried exfoliating with this annnnd now I know what's it's like to actually have acne. Terrible. I have very fair and sensitive skin and it made my skin rough and bumpy. :(

by nkeemah hartfield 33 on 11/14/2014 01:32
yeah i really hate acne and there aint anything to do for it
by brucee1920 on 11/14/2014 15:07
I have bad acne but i started using this about a month ago. Only keep it on for 30-45 seconds. use moisturizer ( i use tea tree oil). Also dont use the baking soda too often!
works
Reviewed on October 21, 2014

This does really works :), i suffer from bad skin like pimples i break out almost evry time but this has help out a litle bit i still have red spots but thats okay :)

Coconut Oil and Baking Soda!
Reviewed on October 20, 2014

I use coconut oil for a lot of things, it's great for your skin and hair. I put it on my eyelashes to get them long and silky. I started breaking out hella from hormones, my skin is super oily and gross, and I just cant make the pimples stop. I mixed coconut oil and baking soda together and used it as a scrub. Amazing! The baking soda really seems to pull the crap out, afterwards, it was virtually falling out of my pores. Super clean feeling, and a huge improvement in the number and darkness of blackheads. the coconut oil kind of lubricates and makes it easy to spread around so you're not pulling on your skin, and moisturizes at the same time. I followed with witch hazel after rinsing, and then applied my favorite night cream. Burt's bee's with royal jelly.

I also used the mixture on my chest and shoulders/back. The nasty oiy mess it wasl hasn't built up yet a whole day later.

Works great for acne prone skin!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

I've tried it and it works great!! After applying it for more than 3 times, you can see the redness on your skin reduced and the pores are reduced in size. But not forgetting you need a great cleanser and sunscreen as well. Also, drink plenty of water and sleep!! If you are serious in removing acne, you need to follow the acne tips.

mixed with lemon juice
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

i tried the mask i actually like it, its a bit messy so place a hand towel on your chest or do it right before you shower. i used the lemon juice because lemon is a natural way to lighten dark spots. the mask do make your skin feel dry but thats what moisturizer is for. it tightened my pores made my skin look brighter(fresher) and smooth. so i will probably do the mask twice a week one at the beginning and then the middle of the week. its a good alternative for people who have a small budget, you shouldnt spend no more than $3