Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 960 reviews

Benefits of Baking Soda for Face
Reviewed on November 19, 2016

Benefits of Baking Soda for Face:

Did you know that one of the most common kitchen cupboard ingredients, i.e. baking soda has a multitude of benefits which can work wonders for your beauty regimen?

Yes! The same baking soda that you might be using in your everyday bakes can double up as a very effective health aid which is extremely useful in sorting out skin issues.

This is because Baking Soda (chemical name – sodium bicarbonate), usually available as a very fine powder is alkaline in nature and has marvelous antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory as well as antiseptic properties.

Here are some of the uses and baking soda face benefits:

Sodium bicarbonate eye wash

Baking Soda Acne Treatment

Baking Soda Face Mask

Homemade Face Mask

Baking Soda and Lemon for Face

Source: [link edited out]

There are also Benefits of Aloe Vera for Face and Benefits of Olive Oil for Face...

Just take a look at our website: [link edited out]

Time to heal.
Reviewed on November 19, 2016

Cystic acne nonstop since i was 15. Face scarred badly, but cysts and zits stopped with diet and NO MORE CLEANSERS. Caveman is the way to go. Sometimes even washing with water will upset my skin, so I just dont wash it at all anymore. Like other say, you do build up excess skin, so a wet soft washcloth will do fine. I don't moisturize or apply anything to my face or body at all. I also only wash my body and hair with water, soap and shampoo twice a week. You won't smell if you're eating healthy. I feel that high cardio workouts also work to exfoliate my skin. When I feel too dirty, I run up a hot shower and let my pores open up with all the steam ( I do not let the water touch my face, as it is so sensitive, even the chlorine upsets it)

I do stress that your DIET will determine your success. I have always had overeating problems as well, so when i indulge, I break out, still at 26. FOODS TO AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ------------- SUGAR -------------- keep in mind that simple carbs ( white bread rice pasta cereal etc) turn into sugar in the body, so you must cut those out too. Complex carbs ( beans, brown rice, pasta, bread is not great, but not as bad as the white stuff) just make sure it says WHOLE wheat. I've had the best skin of my life eating WHOLE food without red meat. Chicken and fish, whole veggies and ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR and MINIMAL SODIUM intake (sodium increases redness and inflammation in the body... especially your face).

Side note... chemical manufacturers are not looking out for you... Living in capitalist America should be your first clue... These people just want your money and will exploit your biggest insecurities. They want you to slap harmful chemicals on your face, clog your pores with makeup, eat yourself into a blimp, because they know the body will expunge it all through your sweat and zits, then you'll go running to them because they offer "cures". ?Me and many more fell for their tricks and paid dearly for the lack of knowledge, with scars. Do yourself a favor and feed your body well, treat it well, encourage it, work it out, and love it. Change your habits and drop negative people around you so you can begin to HEAL.

I am still battling food cravings, still giving in, still breaking out occasionally, but it feels amazing to know that I can be free of this curse. Hope you try this, and spread it to everyone in need. Good luck.

Adult acne cleared up!
Reviewed on November 11, 2016

I've always had acne, started before puberty and at the age of 27 I broke out into a nasty pizza face that left me with a couple dozen infections at a time. I'm also a picker (serious psychological issue that I'm overcoming and my face was one of the largest targets). My acne itched, produced discharge, stung, was sometimes cystic but mostly a combination of every blemish type. As I became older, it even spread to my neck and jawline.

Dermatologist couldn't help.

I started using Epsom Salt and steam to cure my infections. That had the greatest initial impact. Once my infection were gone, I was still left with clogged pores, pock scars, and dark marks. Plus, tiny infections still would spring up that I had to soak, even if they didn't last long.

Behold baking soda! I clean my house with it, and as an experiment mixed it with a tad of Cetaphil cleanser one day. (I now just use water + baking soda paste) and it had an immediate impact. Skin looks fuller, as if that exfoliation had stimulated collagen, and my blackheads were diminished. After having done this three times in one week, my scars were lighter and I had zero new infections.

I've been tracking my face with photos daily for a month. I use baking soda three times per week, epsom salt twice per week or when I see any hint of new infection or clog. I use lemon juice twice per week to lighten scars.

My bathroom counter is full of products that my dermatologist recommended. Time to clean house.

There's been nothing like it for me
Reviewed on November 6, 2016

So I have oily skin and a bad habit of touching my face. I'm 17 and I've had acne for years now. I remember using baking soda at 14 I wanna say, off and on. Ive tried a bunch of different skin cleansers, washes, whatever you want to call them. Gentle, foaming, exfoliating. But these past few months I've been using it a lot more. I decided this past month and a half to really give it a shot. Since baking soda is abrasive and impossible to use on its on, i mixed it with a gentle face cleaner that only really got to the surface. The cleanser I chose still got kind of foamy and had a whipped consistency. I rinse my face off in the morning, then when I get home from school, I use it. I use it once again before bed, especially if I went out again. I don't get big pimples anymore, if i do they're tiny and pretty flat. They only show up where I touch my face. I also use Clindamycin Phosphate, a topical solution that my doctor prescribed to me. I've been using that for about two weeks. It's an anti-bacterial that has also helped a lot. Before that I used an astringent with 2% salicylic acid in it. I wouldn't recommend that because it was too harsh, I feel. Some tips id recommend is using warm water when washing your face and to not touch your face. I wouldn't recommend baking soda if you have dry or combination skin. Maybe in certain areas or once a week to every few days. Any scaring I had is fading away and my skin looks crazy glowy. It's clear and you can't even notice acne unless you look for it. Baking soda is incredible and Ive never had anything that's taken care of my acne better.

disappointed
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

Really didn't do anything for my skin, little glow in the first couple of days then nothing.

acne was still there..

feeling disappointed !!

by Ilisa on 10/21/2016 08:11
Just saying it doesnt take a couple of days to get acne away with baking soda it takes up to 2-3 months depending how much you have. Ive been using baking soda for 2 months, each day putting it on and yess it takes for ever put it will get there.
!CAUTION!
Reviewed on September 2, 2016

Baking soda is sooo bad for your skin. It contains harsh chemicals and it leaves your skin red and wounded.

by JerryShaker on 10/03/2016 03:18
I don't know what you have been using on your face. But, baking soda should only contain one thing, and that is itself, Sodium bicarbonate. Please do some research before spouting nonsense on a blog which can drastically affect someone's face.
love love love
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I'm 16 years old. Last year, I had completely clear and beautiful skin but like every teenager I started to develop pimples and acne about 9-10 months ago, which has really dimmed my self confidence and increased my anxiety. So like everyone else with an acne problem, I google home remedies ALL THE TIME. Every time I did I always came across the baking soda one but I was always afraid to use it because of its acidity. But when desperate times call for desperate measures, I gave it a try. That night, I made a baking soda and lemon juice/water paste, applied it to the affected areas, let it dry for about 20 minutes and rinsed it off. Obviously I didn't see results straight away but I could tell what it had done. So I slept on it, woke up, AND I WAS SO PLEASED WITH RESULTS. All my bumps and pimple were gone and redness had disappeared, and this was just my first time using it! I will post up my result in a week. Can't wait to use it again. I would definitely recommend it.

Thanks,

Someone with mild acne

by rlybadacne on 08/23/2016 17:44
srsly, do a before and after pic
by JerryShaker on 10/03/2016 03:20
Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate, is alkali. I don't know what you have been using on your face, but please do some research and don't spout nonsense on a website that can drastically affect someone's face.
Hate & Love Relationship
Reviewed on August 3, 2016

I've been using Baking soda for about a year now to help lighten my hyperpigmentation and acne scars.

For me, baking soda is my best friend and my worst enemy. Heres why:

Yes, baking soda works to help lighten your acne scars and fade away that pesky hyper pigmentation, but does not perform any miracles. Like I said, 1 year has gone by and I expected way more results, instead ive only witnessed a somewhat lighter shade to my hyper pigmentation.

What it has handed over to me though, without wasting any time I might add, is:

Dry, flaky skin

Whiteheads and more pimples

& itchy, sensitive skin.

I have to be honest, I don't recommend this product for those focusing ONLY to get rid of pimples, swelling, whiteheads, etc. Manily because it can make your acne worse. But for those looking for a reprive or permanent fix to their scars and hyperpigmentation, this is your answer!! Just be aware of the negatives that also comes with using this.

But hey, everyone skin is different, and I may just have been using it the wrong way. If you truly belive this is right for you, give it a try and it might just work.

good
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I use this every other day mixed with Cetaphil as a gentle manual scrub. My skin glows and is so soft afterwards.

Love using this 2x a week.
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

Battling acne can really stink and lower our self esteem. I have literally tried all products, from drug store clean and clear etc, to proactiv and murad - which actually made akin worse than before starting the treatments.

This baking soda/mixing with water trick has helped me with clearing up my acne A LOT. So far I've only used it 3 times, but boy, what a difference.

For all of those out there suffering from acne I really recommend trying this remedy.

Who would of thought vitamins as my cure to ridding this horrific ance. My daily vitamins:

1 Vitamin A pill a day (NO MORE than 1 a day)

1 Vitamin E pill a day

1 Zinc pill a day (NO MORE than 1 a day)

2 Borage seed oil pills a day

1 Vitamin C pill a day!!!

That's all, give this 6-8 weeks .....and my acne is under control and literally all gone!

Btw -- one reason I realized all the drug store products and such weren't working for my skin was because my skin was allergic to the salicylic acid in almost all the products I was using! Which is why my face would sometimes clear up and then get wayyyy worse....and stay worse. I thought I may have been "purging", but no-no-no...it was all but that.

Anyways, I hope this helps a lot of yall as it did for me. I love sharing this with people, cause these vitamins and using the baking soda mixture on my skin 2x a week has left me with the clearest skin I've ever had in umm..my whole life!! :)))