Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 907 reviews

28 years old and finally Baking Soda cleared my acne!!!
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

Tried so many over the counter washes and acne treatments and nothing seemed to ever work!!!!I have very oily skin and still broke.out at 28 with acne, tried making baking soda face masks by just adding a bit of water to a a handfull of baking soda. It seriously works better then anything, keeps my skin from being a oil slick all the time somehow. A bit too much too scrub your face with, irritates mine that way. But wetting my face a few times a week and doing the mask is amazing, took alot of redness away also!!!!Try it!!!!

Good and bad side....
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

Okay. I found a recipe on the internet for how to get rid of black head. Being myself, went and tried it. I put 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a bit of water to make it a paste. I put my head over boiling water to open my pores. Once i did that... i applied it to my face! At first it was a stinging sensation and then it sort of dried but not fully. I knew something was wrong, so i went back to the bowl and washed my face with a war cloth and warm water. It had tightened my pores. It also on the other hand was really smooth. I recommend if you are using this... to put a toner or a moisturizer on STRAIGHT after you wipe the scrub off. SO you get your PH evel up in your face!!

The good side is that my face has never and i mean never been this clean. Its so soft and No blackheads after my FIRST GOOO!!! I thought that was amazing!!

Please DO NOT use baking soda on your skin
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

Baking soda has a pH of 9, and science says that skin's optimal pH is 4.7-5.5. It's optimal because the bacteria that causes acne dies when it's in slightly acidic environment. All baking soda does is dry out your skin, increase acne in the long run, and damage the acid mantle.

by rebelxt on 12/25/2014 02:05
The bacteria that cause acne (Propionibacterium acnes) actually thrives in the pH of 4.5 and 7.5. So anything greater or lesser than the pH range should inhibit the bacterial growth. Source: ([link removed] .
by rebelxt on 12/25/2014 02:06
by rebelxt on 12/25/2014 02:07
Great spot treatment for oily skin!
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

I've heard a lot of love/hate for this, but let's calm down. Baking soda is really cheap, even if you get organic/natural. All I do is put some water on my finger, dip it in the box, and apply it to each wet pimple after washing my face. However, you have to be careful not to get the paste on the rest of your skin or it will dry it out. Leave it on for less than 5 minutes, and use a washcloth to wash it off with cold water. Apply a toner if your skin is too dry. I do this no more than once a day.

Works for me as long as I use coconut oil to moisturize
Reviewed on December 4, 2014

Baking soda would leave my skin very dry if I didnt immediately put coconut oil on afterward. Since using it though, my skin has cleared up a lot. My method would probably make people shudder.

Coconut oil moisturizer

Baking soda wash

Spot treatment with wart remover.

Yes wart remover. I apply it very fast, wipe it off, and cover it with coconut oil and its been working.

by Rilianne07 on 12/04/2014 04:14
Good for you. Coconut oil makes me break out really bad. It is highly comedogenic. Furthermore, I live in a tropicql climate where coconut oil is in liquid form, unlike the solid form Westerners are accustomed to. Not my ideal moisturizer. But it's good that it works for you.
Awesome method
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I love this method. FYI don't use it too often (once a week)or keep it on too long (30-45secs). I also use tea tree oil as a moisturizer which is helping with the blemish marks.

really hurts to use baking soda
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

i used it and it burned my face and it made my lips swell up bad idea:(

by brucee1920 on 11/14/2014 15:06
you kept it on too long. Only keep it on for like 30-45seconds
Noooooo
Reviewed on October 26, 2014

I had very mild acne and tried exfoliating with this annnnd now I know what's it's like to actually have acne. Terrible. I have very fair and sensitive skin and it made my skin rough and bumpy. :(

by nkeemah hartfield 33 on 11/14/2014 01:32
yeah i really hate acne and there aint anything to do for it
by brucee1920 on 11/14/2014 15:07
I have bad acne but i started using this about a month ago. Only keep it on for 30-45 seconds. use moisturizer ( i use tea tree oil). Also dont use the baking soda too often!
works
Reviewed on October 21, 2014

This does really works :), i suffer from bad skin like pimples i break out almost evry time but this has help out a litle bit i still have red spots but thats okay :)

Coconut Oil and Baking Soda!
Reviewed on October 20, 2014

I use coconut oil for a lot of things, it's great for your skin and hair. I put it on my eyelashes to get them long and silky. I started breaking out hella from hormones, my skin is super oily and gross, and I just cant make the pimples stop. I mixed coconut oil and baking soda together and used it as a scrub. Amazing! The baking soda really seems to pull the crap out, afterwards, it was virtually falling out of my pores. Super clean feeling, and a huge improvement in the number and darkness of blackheads. the coconut oil kind of lubricates and makes it easy to spread around so you're not pulling on your skin, and moisturizes at the same time. I followed with witch hazel after rinsing, and then applied my favorite night cream. Burt's bee's with royal jelly.

I also used the mixture on my chest and shoulders/back. The nasty oiy mess it wasl hasn't built up yet a whole day later.

by mlsscue on 01/26/2015 09:37
Thank you so much for this! I also use CO (but for hair, cooking, etc) but I have been wondering about mixing the two...so glad I came across your comment! Also agree w/the witch hazel. :)