Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 935 reviews

Be careful with Baking Soda
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

I would not recommend using baking soda on the skin because its just way too harsh for the skin. People use baking soda as a cleaning solution. When its used on the skin it can cause burning because the PH level is too imbalanced for our skin. A common misconception with baking soda that people have is that its natural however it is not. It is refined.

Average
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

Baking soda might be a hit or miss, but for people with severe acne, don't waste your time. Maybe this will work for people with small blackheads, etc, but for me, I have really bad, sensitive, oil, acne proned skin and baking soda is not my friend.

AMAZING
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I've struggled with acne since middle school. I am now almost 21 and although my skin isn't AWFUL, I still suffered from breakouts and scarring. I've been using the baking soda treatment for about a month and a half and EVERYONE around me has noticed a difference! My skin is brighter and clearer. My scars are fading and my acne dries up almost as soon as it starts to appear! I rarely wear foundation anymore, i just use concealer on a few spots. I could not recommend this enough to anyone suffering from persistent acne. I just pour some baking soda and water into a little cup and mix it until it is the consistency of a thick paste. I massage it into my skin for about 3-5 minutes and then wash it off. My skin always feels amazing afterwards!

*(When I first used it, my skin was stinging a little, I think because of all of the acne. Now that my face is clearer, it doesn't sting anymore! Just because it might sting a little doesn't mean you shouldn't use it.)

Good for extreme breakouts
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

When I get a horrendous breakout I use a baking soda face mask for 5 minutes, before bed, and when I wake up in the morning the spots are virtually gone! Despite this I would be careful because baking soda is gritty it can irritate the skin causing greater oil production. Because of this, I only save it for extreme breakouts.

Good
Reviewed on August 7, 2015

I use baking soda twice a month as an exfoliator and I absolutely love it. It reduces the size of large pimples and gets rid of small pimples. It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I use it twice a month because baking soda is drying (so if you are trying it out don't forget to use your moisturizer) and also due to the high alkaline levels. Hope this helps:)

BAKING SODA WORKS! NO PIMPLES!!!!
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

I USE BAKING SODA EVERY DAY ON MY FACE. NO BREAKOUTS!!!! =) THE THING IS WHEN YOU FIRST START OUT, USE A TINY BIT IN WATER SO YOU DONT GET RED. I EVEN USE IT ON MY HAIR MOST DAYS.

Not for sensitive skin
Reviewed on August 4, 2015

Baking soda works wonders for whitening your teeth and cleaning household appliances...but for your face... I am not so sure. I used it in the past to exfoliate my skin -- it did exfoliate, but my goodness, I think it took over the first layer of my skin that's how harsh it was! My skin did look a lot brighter the next day, but it was followed up with a decent size break out... I think baking soda could work for some people with very strong (leathery) skin... but at the end of the day I think BS... is clearly "BS" pardon the pun.

by Littlemort on 08/06/2015 15:29
BAKING SODA DOES WORK!!!! I HAVE NO BREAKOUTS!!!!! USE A TINY BIT IN WATER.
by BeNatural on 08/17/2015 02:25
Probably you should try using it lighter
Worst sh*t ever
Reviewed on August 4, 2015

Never f**king use this. It f**ks up your skin sooo bad, I use to have perfect skin but a little of pimples, hoping this was gonna help, I used it and my skin got sooo red, and it looked like sh*t. I read all of the reviews and everyone wa saying this was going to work but it's people who's hust trying to f**k up your face.

by Littlemort on 08/06/2015 15:32
BAKING SODA WORKS FOR ME. NO PIMPLES!!!! MY FACE IS SOFT. USE A TINY BIT IN WATER. AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR FOUL LANUAGE. IT DOES NOT MESS UP YOUR FACE
Works.
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

I read stuff about baking soda and decided hmm why not? The first two nights I put about 2 tbs of baking soda in my hand and a bit of water (enough where the bs didn't completely dissolve) and did swift motions all over my face for about 2 min. to exfoliate my skin. After those two nights I have done it every other night sometimes skipping a day so my skin wouldn't dry out too much. Now that I see my skin, it looks a lot brighter and it feels as though my skin has evened out as well. If you have oily skin like me this is a good product when used in moderation and if you gave dry skin I recommend using a good moisturizer after.

P.S. I didn't really have pimples during the use of baking soda so I can't say if it helps with pimples but I think it has helped a tiny bit with my blackheads. But it made my skin very nice :)

by Emily8250 on 07/12/2015 07:16
Please can you tell me how many times you use it at weak ??
by Emily8250 on 07/12/2015 07:23
Please can you tell me how many times you use it at week ?
by Littlemort on 08/06/2015 15:35
FOR ME I USE IT EVERY DAY. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SENSITIVE, I RECOMEND USING A TINY BIT IN WATER EVERY OTHER DAY.
Good
Reviewed on June 20, 2015

I loved this! It works really well with scars.

Well it does nothing to the active pimples though. But it really helps with the scars. I use it with water. 2:1 ratio.

It takes a lot of time to dissapear scars but use it daily and I promise you,you'll see the results. I doesnt suit many people though. Like it didnt suit my sister. When she applied it. she got the burning sensation and it stings. But it worked well for me. I have also used to it turmeric and ACV. Baking soda and turmeric is the best and the most fav combination of mine.

by ElKiz on 08/15/2015 15:53
are u just mix it with turmeric n apply it on ur face..?
by ElKiz on 08/15/2015 16:04
are u just mix it with turmeric n apply it on ur face..?
by candy1180 on 08/30/2015 17:39