Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 970 reviews

Wouldn't recommend
Reviewed on June 16, 2017

It can seriously damage your skin - try and avoid this method ( based on personal experience )

Didn't work
Reviewed on June 6, 2017

I tried some method I found online using some water and baking soda and my skin was very red afterwards..I also had new pimples. I just don't think this is for me

by MaverickMaK on 06/11/2017 06:19
The same thing happened to me. My skin was stinging/burning while the mask on in and now there are new pimples on my right cheek.
Not Recommend
Reviewed on June 2, 2017

I tried it at the time when I was struggled to search for treatment to cure my moderate acne. It is few years back since I got to try this remedy and I still remember how it worsen my face condition.

I used to use it as a facial scrub or facial mask. And I really dislike the result post each usage.

I feel like I scrub my face with salt which is something weird to me. It did a good job on smoothing out my face but it dried my skin at the same even though I had moisturised my face to reduce the discomfort. Face became much dryer if use it as a mask. As of the dryness of my skin, my face breakout unsually. I had alot of swelling and red acnes at that moment also.

So, better take a try with one or two acnes on face to see whether it gives any bad reaction before use it on your entire face.

It works great but Use with cautions
Reviewed on May 30, 2017

Has anyone experienced pinkish skin it totally clears your skin within a month of consistent use but it's left me with pinkish skin anyone know how long it takes to subsided?

DO NOT USE
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

As baking soda may get rid of pimples in a matter of a day and get rid of redness (as I have experienced) baking soda is one of the worst things to put on your face when it comes to PH levels and although that may not seem like a big deal because hey at least your pimple is gone, the PH levels will cause an unbalance in the skin creating its own natural oils an you'll be more likely for discoloration later on, fine wrinkles, and acne scaring. If you wish to have the same results in a matter of a day try a sugar honey and olive oil face scrub instead!

The best!
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

I love using baking soda for acne marks. It takes a while, but it does work. What I do is make a paste and apply it to my spots. I let it sit for 5 minutes, rinse and moisturise with coconut oil. I do this every night!

Be careful please! :)
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

Baking soda has two main uses: house cleaning and baking.. and it does these two things absolutely wonderfully. However, skin is a very delicate thing. Baking soda may be (and I assure you, most definitely is) too harsh for acne prone skin, and skin in general (especially your face). Less irritation is the key to clear, healthy skin. Please, please be gentle with yourself. I remember talking with an acquaintance of mine one day (I had been helping her with her acne problem and providing advice -- she asked this of me) about her skincare and what she was doing. Her poor face was awfully red and dry and she told me that she had been using a baking soda mask for about 15 minutes 4-5 times a week. It was a horrid experience for her so I advise that anyone who is thinking of trying this method, proceeds with the utmost care. Best of luck to each of you!

disappointed
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

Really didn't do anything for my skin, little glow in the first couple of days then nothing.

acne was still there..

feeling disappointed !!

Plez note: I was using different brand of baking soda not the same one that is in the picture above.

by Ilisa on 10/21/2016 08:11
Just saying it doesnt take a couple of days to get acne away with baking soda it takes up to 2-3 months depending how much you have. Ive been using baking soda for 2 months, each day putting it on and yess it takes for ever put it will get there.
by Loser 101 on 05/30/2017 21:28
Ilisa have you experienced a pinkish glow like I have from using the baking soda daily
great
Reviewed on January 31, 2017

don't use it solely, mix it with something like your cleansing gel. Don't use it on your active acne because it will peel off the skin above the acne and make it spread. I use this on my nose to clear up blackheads and pores. I got 0 blackheads and pores right now it is just miracle.

Title :)
Reviewed on January 1, 2017

I had acne in my teens which cleared up with birth control. But now that in in my 20's and I aknowledge hormonal BC doesn't work for my body in other ways and therefore quit, I developed adult acne on my cheeks, jawline, chest and back. But I'm so stoked. This past month and a half I've been using a pasty solution of baking soda and fractionated coconut oil. My goodness its made all the difference. My skin in less irritated and red, (probably because I no longer use harsh over the counter cleansers and spot treatments,) less clogged with sebum, and noticably smoother in appearance. Baking soda has cleansed while the coconut oil has moisturized. And I have incredibly oily skin! I've noticed that while using "dermatologist tested/recommended" products my skin over produced oil and therefore my pores became uncomfortably clogged and acne ridden. Thnks, corporate, capitalistic America. But with a home-mixed concoction of coconut oil and baking soda used as both a scrub every night and mask every so often, my skin has been restored to equilibrium. It's happy. Also, staying hydrated makes a difference. Please, I implore you, give this ago for at least a month. Be sure to mix in A LOT of baking soda for it's a very fine textured exfoliant. You need a lot relative to the amount of fractionated coconut oil you need to produce a balanced solution. I wish you good luck and happy skin :)

by Machi8165 on 03/06/2017 23:27
I'm starting to have the same issue that you were in and I live in a hot humid climate down south and I was wondering how much of the ingredients should be mixed together