Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 965 reviews

The best!
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

I love using baking soda for acne marks. It takes a while, but it does work. What I do is make a paste and apply it to my spots. I let it sit for 5 minutes, rinse and moisturise with coconut oil. I do this every night!

Be careful please! :)
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

Baking soda has two main uses: house cleaning and baking.. and it does these two things absolutely wonderfully. However, skin is a very delicate thing. Baking soda may be (and I assure you, most definitely is) too harsh for acne prone skin, and skin in general (especially your face). Less irritation is the key to clear, healthy skin. Please, please be gentle with yourself. I remember talking with an acquaintance of mine one day (I had been helping her with her acne problem and providing advice -- she asked this of me) about her skincare and what she was doing. Her poor face was awfully red and dry and she told me that she had been using a baking soda mask for about 15 minutes 4-5 times a week. It was a horrid experience for her so I advise that anyone who is thinking of trying this method, proceeds with the utmost care. Best of luck to each of you!

disappointed
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

Really didn't do anything for my skin, little glow in the first couple of days then nothing.

acne was still there..

feeling disappointed !!

Plez note: I was using different brand of baking soda not the same one that is in the picture above.

by Ilisa on 10/21/2016 08:11
Just saying it doesnt take a couple of days to get acne away with baking soda it takes up to 2-3 months depending how much you have. Ive been using baking soda for 2 months, each day putting it on and yess it takes for ever put it will get there.
great
Reviewed on January 31, 2017

don't use it solely, mix it with something like your cleansing gel. Don't use it on your active acne because it will peel off the skin above the acne and make it spread. I use this on my nose to clear up blackheads and pores. I got 0 blackheads and pores right now it is just miracle.

Title :)
Reviewed on January 1, 2017

I had acne in my teens which cleared up with birth control. But now that in in my 20's and I aknowledge hormonal BC doesn't work for my body in other ways and therefore quit, I developed adult acne on my cheeks, jawline, chest and back. But I'm so stoked. This past month and a half I've been using a pasty solution of baking soda and fractionated coconut oil. My goodness its made all the difference. My skin in less irritated and red, (probably because I no longer use harsh over the counter cleansers and spot treatments,) less clogged with sebum, and noticably smoother in appearance. Baking soda has cleansed while the coconut oil has moisturized. And I have incredibly oily skin! I've noticed that while using "dermatologist tested/recommended" products my skin over produced oil and therefore my pores became uncomfortably clogged and acne ridden. Thnks, corporate, capitalistic America. But with a home-mixed concoction of coconut oil and baking soda used as both a scrub every night and mask every so often, my skin has been restored to equilibrium. It's happy. Also, staying hydrated makes a difference. Please, I implore you, give this ago for at least a month. Be sure to mix in A LOT of baking soda for it's a very fine textured exfoliant. You need a lot relative to the amount of fractionated coconut oil you need to produce a balanced solution. I wish you good luck and happy skin :)

by Machi8165 on 03/06/2017 23:27
I'm starting to have the same issue that you were in and I live in a hot humid climate down south and I was wondering how much of the ingredients should be mixed together
Amazing Results
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

I've had severe back acne for many many months. It made me unconfident and feeling worthless. I couldn't wear tank tops and bikinis. I tried many different solutions and after countless hours of research I started using a bicarbonate and water solution. I would put it all over my back and leave it will I slept. When Ai went to school and was wearing a top with a covered back I would put it on and leave it on all school day until I had to come home where I would wipe it off. Through determination and countless hours my back acne is almost gone.

Benefits of Baking Soda for Face
Reviewed on November 19, 2016

Benefits of Baking Soda for Face:

Did you know that one of the most common kitchen cupboard ingredients, i.e. baking soda has a multitude of benefits which can work wonders for your beauty regimen?

Yes! The same baking soda that you might be using in your everyday bakes can double up as a very effective health aid which is extremely useful in sorting out skin issues.

This is because Baking Soda (chemical name – sodium bicarbonate), usually available as a very fine powder is alkaline in nature and has marvelous antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory as well as antiseptic properties.

Here are some of the uses and baking soda face benefits:

Sodium bicarbonate eye wash

Baking Soda Acne Treatment

Baking Soda Face Mask

Homemade Face Mask

Baking Soda and Lemon for Face

Source: [link edited out]

There are also Benefits of Aloe Vera for Face and Benefits of Olive Oil for Face...

Just take a look at our website: [link edited out]

Time to heal.
Reviewed on November 19, 2016

Cystic acne nonstop since i was 15. Face scarred badly, but cysts and zits stopped with diet and NO MORE CLEANSERS. Caveman is the way to go. Sometimes even washing with water will upset my skin, so I just dont wash it at all anymore. Like other say, you do build up excess skin, so a wet soft washcloth will do fine. I don't moisturize or apply anything to my face or body at all. I also only wash my body and hair with water, soap and shampoo twice a week. You won't smell if you're eating healthy. I feel that high cardio workouts also work to exfoliate my skin. When I feel too dirty, I run up a hot shower and let my pores open up with all the steam ( I do not let the water touch my face, as it is so sensitive, even the chlorine upsets it)

I do stress that your DIET will determine your success. I have always had overeating problems as well, so when i indulge, I break out, still at 26. FOODS TO AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ------------- SUGAR -------------- keep in mind that simple carbs ( white bread rice pasta cereal etc) turn into sugar in the body, so you must cut those out too. Complex carbs ( beans, brown rice, pasta, bread is not great, but not as bad as the white stuff) just make sure it says WHOLE wheat. I've had the best skin of my life eating WHOLE food without red meat. Chicken and fish, whole veggies and ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR and MINIMAL SODIUM intake (sodium increases redness and inflammation in the body... especially your face).

Side note... chemical manufacturers are not looking out for you... Living in capitalist America should be your first clue... These people just want your money and will exploit your biggest insecurities. They want you to slap harmful chemicals on your face, clog your pores with makeup, eat yourself into a blimp, because they know the body will expunge it all through your sweat and zits, then you'll go running to them because they offer "cures". ?Me and many more fell for their tricks and paid dearly for the lack of knowledge, with scars. Do yourself a favor and feed your body well, treat it well, encourage it, work it out, and love it. Change your habits and drop negative people around you so you can begin to HEAL.

I am still battling food cravings, still giving in, still breaking out occasionally, but it feels amazing to know that I can be free of this curse. Hope you try this, and spread it to everyone in need. Good luck.

by lesleyrodgers on 01/11/2017 12:00
is dairy okay to eat?? i know most people say to stay away from it but what do you think?
Adult acne cleared up!
Reviewed on November 11, 2016

I've always had acne, started before puberty and at the age of 27 I broke out into a nasty pizza face that left me with a couple dozen infections at a time. I'm also a picker (serious psychological issue that I'm overcoming and my face was one of the largest targets). My acne itched, produced discharge, stung, was sometimes cystic but mostly a combination of every blemish type. As I became older, it even spread to my neck and jawline.

Dermatologist couldn't help.

I started using Epsom Salt and steam to cure my infections. That had the greatest initial impact. Once my infection were gone, I was still left with clogged pores, pock scars, and dark marks. Plus, tiny infections still would spring up that I had to soak, even if they didn't last long.

Behold baking soda! I clean my house with it, and as an experiment mixed it with a tad of Cetaphil cleanser one day. (I now just use water + baking soda paste) and it had an immediate impact. Skin looks fuller, as if that exfoliation had stimulated collagen, and my blackheads were diminished. After having done this three times in one week, my scars were lighter and I had zero new infections.

I've been tracking my face with photos daily for a month. I use baking soda three times per week, epsom salt twice per week or when I see any hint of new infection or clog. I use lemon juice twice per week to lighten scars.

My bathroom counter is full of products that my dermatologist recommended. Time to clean house.

There's been nothing like it for me
Reviewed on November 6, 2016

So I have oily skin and a bad habit of touching my face. I'm 17 and I've had acne for years now. I remember using baking soda at 14 I wanna say, off and on. Ive tried a bunch of different skin cleansers, washes, whatever you want to call them. Gentle, foaming, exfoliating. But these past few months I've been using it a lot more. I decided this past month and a half to really give it a shot. Since baking soda is abrasive and impossible to use on its on, i mixed it with a gentle face cleaner that only really got to the surface. The cleanser I chose still got kind of foamy and had a whipped consistency. I rinse my face off in the morning, then when I get home from school, I use it. I use it once again before bed, especially if I went out again. I don't get big pimples anymore, if i do they're tiny and pretty flat. They only show up where I touch my face. I also use Clindamycin Phosphate, a topical solution that my doctor prescribed to me. I've been using that for about two weeks. It's an anti-bacterial that has also helped a lot. Before that I used an astringent with 2% salicylic acid in it. I wouldn't recommend that because it was too harsh, I feel. Some tips id recommend is using warm water when washing your face and to not touch your face. I wouldn't recommend baking soda if you have dry or combination skin. Maybe in certain areas or once a week to every few days. Any scaring I had is fading away and my skin looks crazy glowy. It's clear and you can't even notice acne unless you look for it. Baking soda is incredible and Ive never had anything that's taken care of my acne better.