Argan Oil reviews

4.3/5 - 18 reviews

Brand: Argan Oil

Argan Oil

I love it for my dry areas but it's also responsible for some major breakouts
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

I suffer from dry hands and elbows. I swear by argan oil as a treatment for these and I've had no problems at all that is however until I started using it as a hair treatment for dry and damaged hair. As much as it did wonders for my hair, it ended up making my scalp absolutely covered in acne. I've never been an acne sufferer. This is the only change I've made to my hair rourine and im certain the argan oil has caused this. Be careful with it.

Amazing oil!
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

I love this oil! I use it every night, two drops of it in my face. I have sensitive skin but acne prone at the same time. This oil doesn't clog my pores and reduces irritation, so less acne :) It really soothes my skin and leaves it Nice and moisturized :)

YES, YOU CAN USE IT
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

I'm soooo glad this stuff exists. Back when my acne was pretty bad and I was still ironing out the kinks in my lifestyle habits to clear up my skin, this stuff was awesome.

I've probably tried 10 other oils for my face, and this is the ONLY one that didn't clog my pores, back when I had active acne (hormonal, cystic, painful, bleh) and REALLY acne-prone skin. It was a wonderful feeling to finally find a moisturizer I could "set and forget" -and focus my efforts on other stuff in my life causing acne.

I would give Argan oil 10 stars if I could. Love it!!

by Luna878 on 12/01/2015 23:54
Side note: I see a few reviewers had side effects, so just to clear up confusion I will also say the brand I use consistently is Acure Organics, usually found at Whole Foods/Amazon/etc. Not sure if different brands give different results ...also, it'a always a good idea to get 100% Argan oil. I wouldn't mess around with additives. Also also, make sure to apply it to a clean, freshly washed face. It works well for oil cleansing if you're into that too. But no need to overdo it, as with anything in life. :)
Great, gentle moisturizer.
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I use organic argan oil (Pura D'or on Amazon) and it has been working well for me. I use CeraVe foaming cleanser in the morning and put this on before my powder foundation. I find it is best to put on two pumps, wait 10 seconds, then dab my face with a towel. It really moisturizes without clogging pores or making my skin greasy. At night, I use aloe vera gel. This combo has really helped my skin heal and seem healthy and plumper.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
Reviewed on June 2, 2015

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Seriously, a miracle in a bottle! How can something so lightweight (not sticky/heavy/sludgy feeling, like olive oil) be so moisturizing? I don't know, probably witch craft. I put ONE drop on my whole face after washing and toning, and it makes my skin feel velvety smooth! I love that it's almost impossible for it to give you acne (so long as you wash your face regularly while using it, no matter how many spells have been put on it, it IS still an oil and all oils have pore clogging potential) and it makes my face feel better than almost any other moisturizer I've tried! I love that it's natural, so my skin isn't absorbing any crap, and it's suppose to help combat wrinkles and signs of aging! Like I said, this stuff has been bewitched, it's just too amazing. My skin is naturally very oily, and if yours is too I recommend only using ONE drop on your entire face. If you have normal skin, up it to two. Dry skin, 3. Remember, less is more. Honestly, I'll probably be using Argan oil as a facial (and also hair, it's great for making your hair super shiny and soft, and again not sticky feeling like olive oil) for the rest of my life! it's just that good.

by MassiveCorn on 12/02/2015 04:35
While all oils have clogging potential argan oil is great because on a zero to five scale (0 being doesn't clog pores and 5 being definitely clogs pores) argan scores a 0. For checking out comodegenic stuff, not just oils but waxes, detergents, etc. This site is helpful: https://[link removed] I love it because I have super sensitive skin and knowing in advance what and what not to look for is helpful. Argan oil for me hasn't been a hail Mary so to speak but I have nothing bad to say about it either. It moisturizes my combination skin well without over oiling my t zone while still successfully removing the flakes and moisturizing my cheeks. I've even seen a little bit of my hyperpigmentation go away which rocks because on my pale skin a slight rosy color on most people looks firetruck red on me XD
Beware!
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

I've experimented with oils in the past for my acne (coconut, olive and now argan). Note that I do my research before starting any new natural treatment, and I found that this oil was non-comedogenic meaning that it is the least likely to clog pores. But This oil gave me the worst breakout I've ever experienced, and I am 100% sure that the argan oil is causing my breakouts. I have been applying to my skin, then rinsing it with warm water before going to sleep. Within the first week huge red acne dotted my cheeks, and since I don't usually break out there, I figured this new facial wash routine was causing my breakout. I say its worth a try, but beware if your skin reacts negatively to other oils that rate higher on the comedogenic scale.

by punky8497 on 07/27/2015 22:09
Me too! I did not even put it on my face. My husband put it on his beard. I got no less than 10 pimples around my mouth from quick goodbye kisses! It has happened more than once and I am 100% sure that is what caused my breakout... If he keeps using that stuff he wont get any kisses from me!
by pop2pop on 12/23/2015 18:06
Argan oil is rated as a 0, meaning it does not clog pores. [link removed]
by pop2pop on 12/23/2015 18:06
[link removed]
Miraculous!
Reviewed on January 2, 2015

This argan oil really works. I've been using it for 3 months around my eyes, forehead, and bald spots on my head. I've never had lines on my forehead I just put the oil to prevent them. Well my wife noticed that the fine lines on my eyes had dissapeared. She doesn't know I'm using the oil. Hair is growing on the bald spots! I've had those bald spots for several years, but hair has grown back. I'm AMAZED!

The only moisturiser that DOESN'T break me out! I swear by it!
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

Ok, so I've tried so many different moisturisers to get rid of my flaky skin from using multiple harsh products to banish acne. It seems ALL of my moisturisers break me out though, and my skin enjoys being dry/tight/flaky - as that seems to be the only way of me NOT breaking out! Since trying PURE Argan oil, (Forget that extracted stuff) I just seems to not break out! Its got to a point now where I use this stuff day and night to STOP acne, let alone keep my skin soft and hydrated! I recommend this product to anyone wanting to fight acne naturally and keep there skin nice and hydrated! It smells great, does the job and I swear by it!

Don't be scared that its oil!!
Reviewed on February 18, 2014

Ok I have had acne since I was 14. Horrible horrible acne. On my face. My neck. My back. And I lived in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere so I didn't have a lot of resources! No one told me that sleeping in makeup made it worse too! Anyways I'm 31 now and you guessed it, still have it! Though not near as bad. Mostly under my chin and here and there on my back. I am on an antibiotic but it still isn't keeping it at bay :( Anyways I have super dry skin when I don't moisturize and oily when I do and most every moisturizer breaks me out eventually. I came across Josie Maran argan oil at sephora two years ago and the lady convinced me to take a sample. It was hard at first getting over the stigma of putting oil on my face but let me tell you this stuff is amazing!! Truly!! I never break out from it. It soaks in and if you don't over do it (I mean 3 drops is plenty for my face and neck!) there isn't any residue!! So I wash my face with REN rosa centifolia face wash then pat dry then get my hands damp and put 3 drops of the argan oil in my palm and rub my hands together. Then I spread it evenly over my face and neck! It's wonderful!!

Love it
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

Great non-comedogenic oil for all skin types.

I have used this for about 6 months and couldn't live without it now.

Also SAVED my hair!