Zeno Hot Spot Reviews

Brand: Zeno

Zeno Hot Spot

Works pretty well

For half a year now I've had painful hormonal breakouts on my chin which is strange since I'm not the type to get acne... So I went ahead and got my birth control switched to something that eliminates hormonal acne but it takes 3-4 months to kick in.. I'm currently starting my 3 months now. I needed something to tone down my acne on my chin because I am truly embarrassed by it so I went online and saw the zeno hot spot... Not impressed that it has 80 uses (4 stars) but I do find it worked!!! When I got this I had around 8 pimples on my chin.. Huge ones.. 3 cysts. I bought this about 4 days ago and It eliminated 4 pimples which weren't going away and I'm left with one smaller one and 3 small cysts (which are almost gone) I also combine this with clean and clear persagel 5 I use it as a spot treatment before bed. Been using the zeno three times a day and it definitely has made a big difference!!

Comments

batteries included easy to use actually works can flatten a big pimple by alot only 80 uses not practical for severe acne pricey For a couple of days I've had a gigantic pimple on the tip of my nose. After purchasing this product, i used the zeno once or twice every three hours and the bump went down a little but not alot. The next morning I iced the pimple and used the zeno twice and the bump was noticably fltter. Usually it takes 2-3 weeks for these kiinds of piimples to heal for me, but with the zeno, the pimple should be gone in a day or two.

Do you ice the pimple directly before using the Zeno or wait an hour or so before using the Zeno?

Easy to use Actually works Pricey Limited number of uses I've been breaking out for about four months straight and have tried every kind of OTC treatment and nothing worked. I bought the Zeno Hot Spot on Tuesday and by Friday, I was totally clear. I was really skeptical when I bought it, but am thrilled that it actually worked for me. I used it on about 8 pimples two to three times per day and on day two, they were all noticeably smaller. This product definitely works.

Guest A person
Guest A person

Easy Painless Effective Disposable Works really well on dermatitis, reducing length of break-out by 75%, with results visible within 24 hours. After first use "growth" (for lack of a better word) is arrested; reduction apparent the next day. When used soon enough spots are gone the next day. Does leave a mild red area where used, but this fades quickly. As with anything, use in moderation.

Comments

NOTHING JUNK!!!! This product is junk! I bought it for my daughter and it turned on and worked once. It is crazy priced for something you just throw away after a supposed 80 uses. What a big RIP OFF!!!!

Comments

Estimate that 75% of the pimples I've treated have gone down significantly or been eliminated within 1-3 treatments. It's cheaper and more convenient than getting a cortisone shot. Not as perfectly effective, but pretty darn good. Can't be sure, but I think the temperature of the tip isn't consistent. Sometimes I have to press hard on the activating button to get it to work. Not environmentally friendly (uses batteries, is disposable). Effects aren't 'instant', but it dramatically shortens the life span of my pimples. Including the hormonal acne I get on my jawline. Pimples that I know would otherwise hang around for 6 months to a year are gone or reduced within a few days. I've even used it on ones that would turn into cystic acne (against the instructions - only supposed to be used on *pimples*, nothing else). With reasonable success. Have also used it on whiteheads - manufacturer advises NOT doing this. In my experience it's drawn out the stuff and made it easier to pop. ***People who scar should NOT try this. Have repurchased. Next time will try to get a plug-in version.

Guest ava
Guest ava

Does reduce stubborn deep, painful pimples that have no pus inside. The heat actually feels really soothing on the sore pimples. Its portable, and its nice to have a solution for acne BEFORE it becomes a bigger problem. Only 80 uses, leaves a large redspot on area where you hold it...I only think this should be a product used before bed...or in the AM if you can wear makeup to conceal the red circles. -Doesn't work on all blemishes (whiteheads) It's a product worth buying. It gives me peace of mind that I am treating a blemish as soon as i feel it coming on my skin. A lot of other creams dry out the blemish and the entire area around it.

Guest Jessica
Guest Jessica

Works on pimples that are JUST forming. Usually takes two to three treatments before pimple is gone. Helps quicken the life cycle of a cyst pimple so it subsides faster. Expensive. I have purchased five of these in a year and three of them have been difficult to turn on after half their use. Make sure to have back up batteries as the ones provided sometimes die fast. Does not work on pimples that have already come to a head. I only recommend this item to people with light acne because of how quickly you use one up. It will be very expensive for someone with moderate to severe acne trying to continually use this. Also, Zeno has another acne device out that does not have to be replaced. It is a thermal therapy device that delivers the same amount of heat to the skin and comes with an acne treatment lotion you apply before using the device. I do recommend this to all acne sufferers and to use it two to three times a day after cleansing. I started using this instead and my skin is doing fine!

Guest pimpless :)
Guest pimpless :)

small easy to use feels good on sore pimples leaves area around pimple red hard to turn on and off exspensive loses power fast need replacement quickly it workss well but im not sure its worth the money i quess it all dependsd on how bad you want your pimples to clear i have been using more than not neutrogena micro clear acne eliminating spot gel works great !

Comments

Nothing Doesn't work Expensive Dies quickly I had such high hopes for this product but it was simply a waste of money. It did not work at all and mine died after less than 50 uses!! I gave it many chances and used it on different kinds of pimples but it just wasn't working for me.

There are sellers on eBay who can reprogram the tip to run endlessly. I paid a seller less than $5.00, and my Zeno works great. You just mail the metal tip to them, and they mail it back after programming.
Guest mary
Guest mary

none expensive, and doesn't really work!! dont waste your money!!!

Comments

None Expensive Doesn't work! Leaves a red mark Makes the pimple worse, not better This product is crap! I've used it for about 3 weeks now, so I've given it ample time to prove itself. I've used it on all kinds of blemishes and it hasn't helped any of them, just made them worse. It's expensive and only works 80 times before you have to buy a new one. I don't have bad acne, just one or two pimples a week, but it is consistant and frustrating. I was really hoping this would help take care of them, but I'm moving on now!

Comments

-lightweight and portable -annoying to turn on/off -uses too much battery power -temperature goes berserk -doesn't clear acne, shrinks a bit -makes skin flaky Okay, I thought this would be good since it's sooo expensive, but it doesn't really do anything! When I first attempted, it turned on unexpectedly, and it had a weird temperature pattern! Then when I woke up next morning, it was actually smaller, not by much... it was also really flaky. I decided to give it another shot, and all it did was irritate it! I just had to return it right away! Trust me, not worth the $40; probably not even worth $10. (If you do purchase, stock up on double A's, it uses ALOT of power!)

Guest BPM
Guest BPM

-Can bring a cyst or a pimple to the surface faster and speed healing. -Claims to have 80 uses however both ones I bought only lasted 60-75 uses -Button sensitivity is inconsistent. When first used I many times accidentally turned it on at the slightest touch, yet when it was dieing I had to press many times to get it started I only found this device useful when I had a painful cyst that I wanted to heal faster. I also had the old zeno that I paid $$$ for and still had to buy refills to keep using. It worked best in the beginning but slowly lost its effectiveness. This product with rape your wallet and give you less then average results. What bothers me more about the zeno is that you throw it away after only 80 uses. NOT eco friendly.

Ebayer sellers reprogram the tip of the original Zeno (not the disposable pink and white one). You mail a seller the tip, and he mails it back after reprogramming it. Mine has run continously so far!

helps stop new pimples that are still underneath the skin. worked a little bit. pricey. not the best product. you can't use it after a specific number of uses. not really worth it. it's better to just get a regular spot treatment with saylicic acid.

Guest MrsZit
Guest MrsZit

helps get rid of inflamed red pimples does not get rid of any kind of pimple with pus (i.e. whitehead, blackhead, pustule). leaves red circle after use so can not use in the AM if in a rush to get to work (or during the day if you work and are concerned about walking around with red marks) I bought the original Zeno in 2006 and basically stashed it away in my junk pile after the first few uses. It did absolutely nothing for me. Yesterday, while shopping in Target I saw this and thought I'd give it a shot...I figured it's been four years since the original came out and they must have made improvements since! I cleaned my face before bed and tested it on 2 stubborn pimples. This AM one is completely gone and the other is visibly smaller. I'm completely satisfied and I will most likely buy it again when it runs out. I'm so happy that I am now looking into buying the Zeno Heat Treat.

Guest Kristen
Guest Kristen

-Works! -Shrinks pimples -Easy to use -Costs about 50 cents per pimple -Doesn't completely get rid of every pimple Just got this product. It really does get rid of those individual pimples, or at least makes them disappear faster than they normally would. But I am asking myself how much I want to spend, and I am leaving the small pimples because they don't seem to be worth the money. However, I have mostly large whiteheads and it won't work for them. It also doesn't work on those really large difficult pimples.

Comments

--works best on those icky oily pimples that can be painful or sore and kind of numbs them, which feels a lot better --really reduces the size of the pimples quickly and takes away the inflamation right away --the lights on the side tell you how many heat cycles you have left before you have to throw it away, so you don't end up getting surprised by having it die on you --small and handy for traveling --beeps every 30 seconds so you know how much time is left in the --can leave the skin around the area red, so I tend to use it at night before I sleep, which works best. It really isn't much of a problem though. --if you move the Zeno to a different pimple during the heat cycle, it can feel really hot at first (but even though I have really sensitive skin, it didn't burn my skin or anything) This is definitely worth the money, as it kills pimples very quickly without having to deal with the annoying affects of gels and whatnot that can dry out your skin or irritate it. I did read somewhere though that you have to be careful not to push the "on" button to turn it off because it shuts off automatically and that will switch it back on and start a new cycle, so that was good to remember. Usually, it helps to pop the pimple first because I noticed it disappears a lot sooner if you can get some of the stuff out BEFORE using the Zeno as opposed to after. If I have a really intense, deep pimple, I'll hold it on for the full 2 1/2 minutes, but if it's not TOO serious, I'll switch it to another pimple halfway through the time to conserve the cycles, which seems to be working out. After that, I usually put a dab of a clay mask on the pimple and it'll usually be gone by the morning.

Comments

-Cleared acne quick! -Feels good -Doesn't work that well around acne clusters -Leaves skin red -Battery dies quickly. I got this product today, and used it immediately. I was out tonight, and when I was washing my face before bed, I saw that the pimples I had treated earlier were already reduced in size by about 50%. I read on the zeno website to treat zits about 3 times a day, if it's a persistent zit. Sadly, I couldn't do this because the battery died on me. Before you buy this, stock up on your doubles As!

Comments

-Small & Portable -2 1/2 minute treatments -Battery opperated -FDA-Approved -Can be used every 4 hours & with your daily skincare regimen -Personally, I had visibly smaller blemishes within the first hour. -Leaves small red circle for 30 minutes to an hour (concealable with make-up) -Can cause skin to peel because of heat -Unlike the Zeno Mini with replacement tips, the Hot Spot provides only 80 treatments, then must be thrown away as you would normal trash -Does not work on subclinical (few black/whiteheads), comedonal (inflammmed black/whiteheads), nodular (solid masses under skin) or cystic acne Works best on individaul and occasional acne blemishes. Sells for $40. Results probably vary due to your skin, type of acne, and your skincare regimen.

DO NOT BUY THE DISPOSABLE ZENO THAT IS PINK AND WHITE! I bought the disposable Zeno without realizing that it was to be discarded after the treatments died. Mine didn't work but about a few times before dying. I should have contacted Zeno to get a refund.

Popular Heat