Zeno Acne Clearing Device Reviews

Brand: Zeno

Zeno Acne Clearing Device

Waste of Money

I begged my mom to buy this for me when I was a teen (about eight years ago). I had seen it on the Tyra banks show lol. Well, it did absolutely nothing for my skin but make my pimples worse.

waste of money

this does absolutely nothing for pimples , you can use a hot rag that gets hot and apply that to your face instead of this ...you need to unclog the infected pore because if you don't it will just keep getting infected

User410314

Nope

Used this religiously for over a year, it does absolutely nothing except leave red circles where you hold it. There's no way it gets hot enough to kill anything

Guest Eve
Guest Eve

Nothing Expensive, needs replacement parts,DOES NOT WORK, gives people false hope. I bought this really hoping it would work because I have had acne for a long time. I tried it for a month and nothing happened to improve my acne. My acne is the kind zeno is supposed to work on but all it did was actually burn my skin, leaving a big red sore. Acne has really made my life a lot worse than it had to be, so I nearly cried when it didn't work, and I was too late to return it, so I lost a lot of money too.I almost think that all the praise given by some reviewers is fake and planted by the makers of Zeno.I also think all the thumbs down for the reviews that tell the truth about how lousy this product is looks suspicious. I hate zeno.

Guest Melissa
Guest Melissa

It works! I bought it right before my tenth high school reunion when my acne was flaring up badly. I used it three times a day (on around six different spots on my face) and after two days, my ace looked dramatically better with fewer and less inflamed pimples. It definitely works better on new pimples though. It is a pain to have to keep buying replacement tips, but to me it was well worth the money spent considering the results! Glad I bought it- it works!

Guest jessica
Guest jessica

stops cysts in their tracks! great for hormonal acne heat can feel nice if it doesn't stop a zit, it'll reduce its lifespan not an acne cure refill cartridges are pretty expensive you have to catch/zap the zit VERY early for this to be effective does diddly-squat for whiteheads, blackheads, etc you have to sit still for 2.5 minutes (harder than it sounds!) This product will only be useful for sufferers of cystic acne. It will not work for garden-variety whiteheads, blackheads and pustules. The product literature is VERY clear about that, too. It's great for my hormonal acne, which manifests as big red cysts. The secret to success with this thing is ALL in the timing. You really have to catch the cysts before you can see them. If you've suffered from cystic acne, you know what I mean -- that day (or hours) before it rears up, but you can feel a painful knob beneath the skin and/or start to see some redness. That is the Zeno witching hour! I find that if I zap it then, there's a pretty good chance that sucker will never see the light of day (and if it does, its lifespan is days -- not weeks). Zeno recommends you zap the spot 2-3x/day. Another reviewer wrote that this is just something else for your toolbox -- couldn't have said it better myself. This isn't a cure, but it's a damn effective treatment! OK, now the bad: -- The unit itself is pretty pricy, but where they really get you is on the refills. The unit comes with a "tip" that has a set number of uses. Once you hit that limit, it won't work anymore and you must shell out $30 or whatever for a replacement tip/cartridge. If you chew through these quickly, it gets expensive. -- If you don't use it properly, it can leave a TEMPORARY mark. Properly means not smushing it into your face (which I'm totally guilty of) and instead lightly resting it on the pimple. I don't think using it improperly affects the results for better or worse, but the spot will be red for about an hour. Not a big deal if you're chillin at home. -- Each zap takes two-and-a-half minutes. It can be kind of hard to hold it in the right place for that long unless you're looking in the mirror the whole time, which gets boring All that said, this thing has saved my butt more times than I can count. Well worth it for me, and I have the "my skin respo

Guest Jason
Guest Jason

* Stops nodules and papules in their tracks * Doesn't interfere with other treatments * Most effective spot treatment I've found. * Tips are limited to a set number of uses and stop working when they hit their limit. * The tip feels REALLY hot when you first touch it to your face * Not for people with thin or delicate skin. The Zeno is an all or nothing device in my experience. IF you suffer from the types of zits that don't ever come to a head AND you don't have delicate sensitive skin, the Zeno is a godsend. It doesn't work for blackheads, whiteheads or pustules. If you have delicate skin, it'll likely just burn you. I've got relatively thick, oily skin on my face and tend to get these horrible nodules that just linger for weeks. Feels like I have a BB embedded under the skin. After two or three treatments with the Zeno, they are noticeably smaller and fade away within three days. Without the Zeno, it is more like two weeks. It's definitely not for everyone, but if my description sounds all to familiar, I recommend giving the Zeno a try.

Comments

*Works on NEW pimples *Heat MIGHT be relaxing *Works quickly *Can be painful on some pimples *Heat can hurt some areas *Only works some of the time! *Way to much for a bad item! If you have it bad, don't use it!

Guest RIPPEDOFF
Guest RIPPEDOFF

small and cute...comes with batteries doesnt work AT ALL...not even a little bit!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! This company hias REALLY misrepresented this product...just read the packaging--it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to 5 pimples in 5 different stages of development. It takes a lot for me to return something to the store, but I returned this piece of crap and got my money back. My sister tried it too and it didnt work for her either--believe me we wanted it to work too!! works on 90% of pimples--HAHAHA--and pigs can fly...stick with a 2% Sal Acid pen...it only costs $6 and ALWAYS works on those BIG honkers!

Comments

very small overpriced It does not work at all don't waste yor money it is a piece of garbage, even with repeat use on same pimles it does not work.

Comments

*Heat feels nice *Pleasant beeping sound *Doesn't clear acne, at all *EXPENSIVE :P This looks too good to be true, and it is. Come on, a little beepy device that uses heat to hypnotize your pimples? That's insane

Comments

small effective on new pimples it really works! burned old pimples doesnt work on old pimples gets really hot it worked on my new pimples, but any older than a few days it juts burned or irratated.

Comments

none at all Dosesnt do a thing at all way overpriced waste of time and money gives false hope dont waste your money on this utterly useless overpriced device your much better off going and buying bp 2.5%

Comments

Works on new breakouts Can make old ones worse This product is not a miracle cure, but I'm happy to have and use it. I bought it 5 weeks ago and tested it on a new pimple (fresh that morning) and one that was 1 week old. The new one died the next day and cleared up completely within 3. Awesome! The old one is still red 5 weeks later (yes, 5 weeks...) and has never come to a head. That's rare for me and I expect the Zeno device killed the bacteria and prevented a quicker resolution. Bummer! I have since treated ~6 other new ones and all but 1 died in 1 day versus my usual 10 days. The one that survived is smaller and I think it will fade quicker. Cool! I plan on buying this product again, but I understand that's it's just another tool in the toolbox and it's most effective on fresh, smaller and close-to-the-surface ones.

Guest nicole
Guest nicole

it shrinks the pimple expensive it makes it really red tends to burn ur zit i have it but the pink and blue one and i cant use it in the day only at night and when im not with friends because it makes it so enflamed and red that its embaressing. but in the morning it was alittle smaller i think that there are things out there that can help without paying alot of money for only 80 usesD:

Comments

none everything for what you pay for it... it is nottt worth it.

Guest KD
Guest KD

The heat soothed sore pimples Not enough uses Doesn't work on cyst/ nodular acne I bought this product on about 4 weeks ago. The first week I had to replace it because there 4 dots in a row that show how much usage you have left. By the 4th day of using it was down to the third to last button. So, I took it back and the store replaced it. Probably about 2 weeks later I noticed the same thing and took it back again. This make 1 week since I have had it the second replacement and its down to the the second row of usage. I know that I am not using this product enough for the usage buttons to indicate lesser time. I reviewed this item before purchasing I was well aware that is not compatible for severe acne however some reviews stated that it still worked. FALSE!!!! I put it on my hard pimples and they do nothing from them. I still have hyperpigmentation from the pimple. My face looks a mess. I have to wear gobs of makeup to camouflage my acne scars. Very unhappy with this product. I'm just going to go ahead and use the rest of whats left as the hotness really helps stop the soreness even if only briefly. I'm waiting for my accutane to come in the mail because I cant take this outbreaks anymore :(

Comments

it looked cool it says light heat treatment but it burnt my skin no this product is aweful

Comments

i thought it would work it burned my skin light heat yeh right no this product is usless

Comments

Suppresses pimple formation (50% of time), comfortable heat expensive, doesn't always work, no good on whiteheads, constant need for charging This product works best if you catch the impending pimple in its infancy, otherwise it's a 50/50 shot it will work at all. If you have a lot of pimples, it can be very time consuming to zap each one, as it takes 4 minutes per pimple. I have to say that overall, Zeno has prevented what would have otherwise been HUGE embarrassing pimples - that is, when I was able to catch them early enough.

Comments

works well on cystic acne doesn't work for whiteheads, blackheads if you have a cystic pimple, a.k.a. one that is underneath the skin, then this product works. it drastically reduces the inflammation and speeds the healing process. those little suckers are really annoying, but this product will help get rid of them.

Comments

ZENO HOTSPOT - Reduced size of pimple - Not as epensive as the older Zeno - Cute colors - Small - Only 80 uses - can get pretty hot - Cant use if theres a small amount of pus (whitehead). - Annoying beeping sound. I'd reccomend this for those who have the occasional large pimple like me. When first using it I had to take it away from my face for a second before replacing it on my zit because of the heat but I'm sure it's different for everyone. I'm happy with it, it's like having an extra backup plan in case the daily regimen just isnt enough.

Guest Ms.Ambi
Guest Ms.Ambi

Works. Less reoccurrances of pimples in treated areas. Like the new lower priced Hotspot. Great price at $40. Not a substitute for everyday face cleaning. Works well if used correctly, BUT not a substitute for your normal every day skin care regimen. I use it WITH the acne.org every day skin regimen (I really like this too). And, when I get the occasional spot or two that sneak through, that is when my zeno takes over. A nice alternative for when good hygiene does not work.

Comments

Speeds up pimple time $$$$, doesnt do anything for older pimples, Bought this, got rid of one of my breakouts I caught right away so I was happy about that , doenst work on older pimples,cost alot.

jat

None Button isn't working very well after about 15 uses. Small pimples become cystic acne after zeno use. It decreases the size of pimple temporarily; however after a few hours the pimples become more difficult cystic acne Zeno hot spot is a waste of money since it doesn't work on my pimples. It may be due to the cheap plastic and design of the zeno hot spot, which differs from the regular zeno. My sister and friend also bought the zeno hot spots along with me and they had the same issue with the small pimples evolving into cystic acne after use with the zeno. It may be due to the cheap plastic tip placed on the pimple that probably aggravates the site rather than kill the bacteria. The zeno hot spot is cheaper than the regular zeno due to its smaller design that is made of cheaper plastic. It was difficult to turn on the zeno after 15 uses so it is now rendered broken. BOTTOM LINE: ZENO hot spot is a waste of money. Better to invest in good cleansers, clarisonic and benzoyl peroxide.

Popular Heat