ZAPZYT Maximum Strength 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel Reviews

Brand: ZAPZYT

ZAPZYT Maximum Strength 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel

not strong enough

I have tried a lot of acne products over the years, from over the counter stuff, to prescribed stuff. I am no stranger to benzoyl peroxide. Trust me, I have a lot of stained sheets! Most of the time the benzoyl will help the zits initially, I will get excited then something happens, like my skin becomes immune to it or something. This time was no different. At first, my skin cleared up noticeably and I was, as always, pretty stoked. But as always, after 2 weeks, the zits started coming back almost worse than before I would say. I did give it a solid shot and finished up the entire container. My skin remained broken out until it was gone so I decided to start searching for something else. I can’t even remember where I found it but I found a new benzoyl cream from Ninja, who I hadn’t ever heard of before. The reviews were pretty stellar so it why not? First of all, this benzoyl was actually quite different in that it was much stronger than any other benzoyl I had ever tried before. My skin started getting very dry immediately, which I have to admit was a little annoying but they assured me that was what we wanted. The zits didnt disappear immediately but they were smaller when they popped up and went away within a day or two which was incredible. I did notice that my skin was much drier than I had ever experienced with other benzoyl products but instead of getting upset by that, I was encouraged. Instead of seeing the same results, seeing something different was very uplifting. My skin got clear within about 6 weeks and stayed clear for nearly six months. Then at 6 months, I think my skin started getting used to it. I checked in with the company and they recommended I add in some salicylic to my regime, which was also refreshing because in the past, when something stopped being as effective I just dropped the line altogether. This time, knowing they had tools to increase the potency was amazing. Now, I have been with the company for 2 years, have increased my medication one additional time and am happy to say that my skin is clear and my scars are so unnoticeable that I don’t even have to wear makeup any more.

Amazing product

The best acne treatment I've spend a lot of money in gels, soaps, etc. But when I found zapzic I started to recommend it. Great product. El mejor tratamiento para El acne, yo habla gastado mucho dinero en gels, jabones, etc. Pero cuando encontre zapzic yo empezo a recpmendarlo. Grande producto.

Comments

Great for my cystic acne!

I actually did a chemical peel on my face for my spots thinking my acne was under control. But little did I know my acne was not under control, the chemical peel brought the bacterial right to the surface and behold I had bad painful cystic acne. I could not get this ACNE to be calm and go away. Mind you i had already been using The Regimen, which worked great but not for this. So i went on [link removed] where i usually order everything and began searching and found this along with zapzyt pore treatment gel(with salicylic acid). I cleansed my face day and night and applied the pore treatment first let it dry and then applied this acne treatment gel. After the second day of use I saw noticeable results, which i was really happy with since i had been dealing with it for about a week at that point. I am still using this product going in to the third week with the cystic acne. And i do suffer from acne, so i will continue use. Also i dont think this product is for mild acne. Could be used on a SPOT, as a spot treatment just to dry up that pop up pimple.

It works

I've had many break outs and a lot of acne, in 2-5 days my pimples are gone! This stuff really works GREAT!

Bad for my skin!!

It clearly didnt work well on my skin at all because my breakouts grew worse and it was too strong for me. I definitely wouldnt recommend this to people with mild acne.

Comments

CAUSES UNATTRACTIVE FACIAL SWELLING!!! Stay away!!!

I had used essentially every brand of OTC benzoil peroxide available, and had settled on a personal fave (walmart's equate brand 10% Max strength) when I was forced to give Zapzyt a try a couple of weeks ago. I had a pms-fueled forehead breakout and few sporadic zits on my cheeks and chin, and Walmart was *gasp* out of the Equate kind. Zapzyt was the next in line for being the cheapest, so I got it. That night, I applied in the usual manner as I would for the other bp creams and went to bed. The next morning, I woke up to my face feeling itchy. When I got up and took a look in the mirror, I practically jumped back at my reflection. MY EYELIDS, MY UNDEREYES AND MY CHEEKS WERE SO SWOLLEN THAT I LOOKED LIKE A CASTMEMBER OF REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS!!!! Or maybe just a young (super young, I'm under 30) version of Joan Rivers. Not kidding!! The swelling was awful. I looked like I had gotten my face pumped fill of fillers. Catlady of NYC, move aside! GuhROSS!!! It took two days for the swelling to subside, during which I had to apply ice and popped antihistamine like skittles. And after allllll that, my pimples didn't even decrease in size!!! I wish I were joking. Definitely do not recommend. Stick to ANY other brand but this. Unless of course....you want to audition to be a Housewife. ;)

I'm dead 💀 haha I love you! You should totally have a comedy blog about your everyday life you are hilarious, that being said I'm sorry you looked like that lady that injected cement and oil into her face, must have been painful not to mention the sun makes it worse. It says don't go out in the sun with it lol like so I guess you just have to sit the complete darkness whispering to yourself until it works or makes you look like a squirrel.

Mothers war on daughters self esteem

Helped reduce inflamation Amount of time to see results - faster than normal Cost - Inexpensive Mild drying of the face May daughter is 11 years old - the oldest in her 5th grade class, and now the first to experience acne. I have probably spent enough money to afford a week long trip to the Caribbean; but, instead - have opted to invest in my daughters self esteem. She was in my opinion, one of the most well-liked girls in her class - UNTIL she had her breakout (acne breakout) - in my daughters eyes - this ruined her life, and in my eyes it ruined her self image. We tried everything we could think of; but, it was not until we started using zapzyt that we noticed an extreme improvement in her complexion. I know firsthand all products were used properly and as recommended - because I was the one applying it (to ensure it was done correctly). In my opinion - you cannot put a price tag on self esteem and we would still be struggling without zapzyt. I am so happy to have my hair tossing, smiling and joking little girl back! As a matter of fact, last night she told me - "Mom, I am starting to like myself again!"

Comments

Best medication for your acne!

works fast clear skin cheap little drying small tube It's been the best product I've ever used to treat my acne with. It's the only thing that's worked for me. I've been using it for about a year and a half. I don't even use a cleanser just water to wash my face. I use this plus a moisturizer. My skin looks great because of zapzyt. This product is amazing I can't recommend it enough! It worked right away for me but for others it may take some time just be patient. Zapzyt never dried out my face that bad as some people say it does..

Comments

healed quickly reduced redness cheap I've been using Zapzyt (with some generic face moisterizer) for not even a week and already my acne is almost completely healed. That's impressive seeing as I've tried everything out there, including the stupid proactive system and several of its knock-offs...so far the only other sucessful treatment was taking 3 pills a day (which made me sick) combined with 2 different prescription face creams (one of which cost $90 for a three ounce bottle and made my skin boil in sunlight like a pasty vampire) used faithfully for 3+ months before I saw any huge difference. Quite a difference from the $5 over the counter cream that works twice as well. Again, make sure you use a good moisterizer too to prevent too much drying.

Guest Abby
Guest Abby

-good substitute for the Regimen -pretty cheap -can have more of the 'hardening effect' Pretty good overall, cleared up my skin pretty nicely.

Ashu19
Hi.... Im so eager to try this product...!Can any1 tel me how to buy online? I tried in ebay n amazon,bt its not takin for bangalore address...! I wanna know if this product is available in bangalore or not? any help will be much appreciated.......... Thanx in advance
Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

I tried this product about once a week, when I needed it, for the last three weeks and only put it on single pimples that were starting to surface. It seemed to work great. I put it on a larger area on my cheeks though when more acne started surfacing and when I woke up this morning, both of my cheeks were extremely red and swollen, so much that I don't want to leave the house until the swelling goes down. This product worked for me but only on little pen point areas about once a week. Dries out skin and may cause large amounts of swelling Be careful if applying it to more than just a tiny spot. I didn't think I had dry skin, and I had a reaction with a lot of redness in swelling. Overall, if it doesn't cause that reaction, the product seemed to work well.

Guest Tzipporah
Guest Tzipporah

Clears acne, Better looking skin Drys face but it worth it and you can use moisturizer. Usually don't break out only during my time of the month. Started to use this product and on after the second day there are POSITIVE results. Unlike all the other product you can think of, it never worked but this did. Absolutely TWO THUMBS UP. Make sure you use moisturizer to help with the dryness.

Guest Bree
Guest Bree

only use once a day no funny smell great value works quickly dries your face out a little can't buy it in a larger tube I've used ProActiv, Nature's Cure, Sea Breeze, even prescription medicines like Benzaclin and nothing worked. I started using this and saw results within days. I only use it once a day and if my skin gets too dry, I moisturize with lotion, but it's perfect. My acne has gone away mostly and if I do get any pimples (usually around that time of the month) they are much smaller and fewer. NO CYSTIC ACNE anymore! I have spent tons of money on various products and am mad that I wasted it when I could've just spent five bucks on this. As a side note, Zapzyt also makes a facial scrub. I've trued the scrub on its own and with this product and it never seemed to make a difference, although it does exfoliate a little and smells kind of nice. One more note: don't put this on before bed unless you're wearing a tanktop and have an old towel over your pillow. It bleaches whatever it touches.

Guest Samantha
Guest Samantha

Works fast, reduces amount and size of pimples. Dries out skin, but not as bad as the proactive brand extra strength medication. I've been using this product 3 days after finally deciding to quit using proactive because it wasn't helping at all. The first day I used zapzyt it made almost all of my acne go away! I wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis so it's good to know there is something that works! I recommend using a moisterizing face wash before applying, it helps with the dry skin.

Comments

Clears Acne reduces redness causes dryness but lotion takes care of it may sting a bit This product really really works ! i love it, I've been using it for only 5 days & my skin is so clear now ! so far this is the only thing that has worked for me ! i recommend it

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

decreases size of pimples Gets rid of a lot of acne Dries out skin but doesn't harm my skin I love this product because it got rid of a lo of the pimples on my face. I've had acne/break-outs for 3 years now and I've tried every single acne treatment out there and none have worked except for zapzyt.

Comments

temporally gets rid of acne spots Goes on clear Quick to work Funny smell Slings a little very harsh for those with sensitive skin It won't cure your acne, but it's handy for a quick treatment.

Comments

It works really well and fast. Dries my skin just a bit, but nothing moisturizer can't solve :) I tried a bunch of other acne treatments but this is the best one so far.

Comments

Works Fast None yet My pregnancy hormones caused my acne to reaapper after years of not having it. I tried many products and finally came across Zapzyt... It has been 3 weeks and my face is CLEAR. I use it twice a day to make sure nothing pops back up. So far I haven not had issues with it drying out my skin. I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT 100%!!!! :)

Guest ann
Guest ann

redness and pimple goes away. does not make pimples go away forever... I am a student and i have to stay up late doing homework and study for tests, quize you name it the next day and the result of it is getting pimples on my face... zapzyt 1. is cheap 2. i can get it in drug stores, walmart... and it works! When i have something going on the next day and i feel like i have a pimple coming soon i put it on before i go to sleep i get up the next day it's gone. :) great for college students cuz it's cheap n works :)

Guest greg
Guest greg

fast results drys skin, not too bad tho. i have a mild case of acne i use zapzyts with oxy and im seeing results

Guest L.J.
Guest L.J.

Clears redness, shrinks pimples. Works wonders. Drys out skin, but not too bad. Well, I'm using prescribed acne meds that REALLY cleared up my face, but i still get a pimple or two every now and then. And ZapZyt... well, Zaps them! HIGHLY reccomended.

Comments

Mild initial improvement Didn't work Too Strong This might be okay for a short term solution, but if you've have problems with acne for a while, this likely won't be the answer. It wasn't for me at least.

Comments

using with oxy and the pimples are indivisually changing a little bit sooo. Not sure how well it is exactly may take four days per pimple to go away I might need more time but so far small results are showing but they are there i guess

Comments

It works quickly, with minimal effort and a small amount of cream. It has a pleasant odor, and doesn't stain. Mild dryness, but not enough to make you frustrated. It's a simple, inexpensive solution to a problematic issue that we all deal with. Try it!

Popular Spot treatments