Yasmin Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 732 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

21 yellow tablets
3 mg drosperinone and 0.03 mg ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients:
lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF. The white inert film-coated tablets contain lactose monohydrate NF, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

7 white inert film-coated tablets
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

100% clear skin
Reviewed on October 10, 2017

This pill is great to keep my skin clear and regulate my period.

CLEARED MY SKIN AFTER 12 YEARS OF ACNE!
Reviewed on October 7, 2017

THIS PILL IS AMAZING! I've had cystic acne all my life been on accutane twice which worked but acne returned. Been on loads of antibiotics and topical creams nothing worked. I tried yasmin years ago but didnt have success but in a last-ditch attempt i decided to try again. My acne has always been cystic all over my chin, jaw, hairline, neck and back. Ive nearly finished my first cycle of lucette (used to be called yasmin) and my face has cleared up dramatically. I am still getting painful cysts on my back and a few on my jawline but my face is almost completely clear. I am in shock at how quickly its cleared up my skin and I hope it continues in this positive direction for the next few months! I will update this post next month to see if there has been further improvement.

Cleared acne but side effects
Reviewed on August 21, 2017

I've had severe acne for over 12 years, since the age of 9. I've tried various over the counter and prescribed creams/ gels etc. I also took various anti-biotics as prescribed by my dermatologist. These worked somewhat however not dramatic differences were seen. I have tried every lotion and potion and skin "hack" under the sun. Yasmin cured my acne within a few months. Of course my skin is severely scared however it has cleared almost all my cystic acne and my complexion is so much clearer! Of course I always have one or two spots but compared to the full face of hormonal acne I once wore, this has been such a dramatic improvement within the 7 months I have been taking it.

Despite this, Yasmin did give me awful cellulite. I was technically underweight for my age and height so this was obviously worrying as I did not gain weight- just cellulite.

by Chloe123 on 10/06/2017 04:59
lol wait till you go off it
Finishing first pack... acne is only getting worse
Reviewed on June 13, 2017

Asking a question for people who this pill worked for clearing acne: was it normal that acne became more active in the first month? ive been on accutane a year ago, so having pimples again is painful... however, they arent cystic or anything its bearable.... but my skin has been getting worse, should i keep taking the pill or ditch it?

by PuzzledFace on 06/19/2017 15:45
keep taking it. That is definitely not long enough to see if it will work for you. You have to hang in there as difficult as it is.
So far so good but some fatigue
Reviewed on June 12, 2017

My 17 year old daughter has struggled with acne for years and we have tried virtually everything including accutane (which she was pulled off of because her liver enzymes spiked). Nothing has lasted. She had tried the pill previously (Ortho tricycline I believe) but she started to break out worse and gain weight immediately so she was too discouraged to continue past about a month and a half. She has just started yasmin. She did have an initial breakout towards the end of the first week through the second week. There were a few days that it was pretty bad. A lot of small whiteheads all over. By the third week that breakout stopped and she is clearing nicely. She is into the first month's placebo pills now and actually went without makeup yesterday and did not feel like people would be staring at her (her words). She is definitely healing now but has a ways to go. Lots of red healing marks and a few small pimples left but the initial breakout seems to be over (fingers crossed). She is very encouraged and feels like this will work for her and she will finally be clear with smooth skin. Luckily initial breakout was short lived. The only side effect she is having is that she is very tired. Nothing else. No weight gain, no headaches, etc. Did anyone else have this tiredness? I am wondering if it will go away after awhile or if she will just have to deal with it the whole time and if so if there is anything she can do to try to help mitigate her fatigue.

by sophiek1 on 06/13/2017 07:45
Hello, I will be finishing my first pack of Lucette tomorrow 14/06/2017 ( Lucette is the same as Yasmin but cheaper brand). So far I have had awful tiredness - as an example before I started on Lucette I was able to go to bed early and wake up ready to start the day. Now I go to bed at the same time and struggle to wake up. I also feel like I could take naps throughout the day, I'm hoping this will wear off. My experience so far is that I had awful stomach pains within the first few weeks these seem to of worn off now but my acne is the worst it has been for a long time. I'm hoping by the next pack my skin will start to calm down and clear up - if not i'll be going back to the doctors to try another pill. I have previously been on Dianette which suited me and my acne perfectly however they don't like you staying on that for an extensive period of time as there is a slightly higher risk of blood clots (we're talking marginal).
by PuzzledFace on 06/19/2017 15:42
I specifically got the real yasmin for my daughter because I had seen a few posts about some people having issues with some of the generics. She just started her 2nd pack last night. She was less tired on the placebo pills. She has also now started to feel like her boobs got a little bigger. She says they are not sore just a little bigger and she doesn't seem to have gained any weight. She had worse cramps than normal with her period and it seemed to last most of the week so hopefully she will adjust to that. She is still very hopeful that her skin will keep improving.
by PuzzledFace on 12/12/2017 16:40
It has been 6.5 months and now my daughter realizes that the yasmin has made her depressed. Although it did help with her skin to some extent she just had a big break out out of nowhere so that doesn't help. She feels so much better when she is on the placebo pills. Her mood is improved and she is happy. The day she goes back on the yasmin she is sad again so she will be going off it. So sad this did not work and now worried about her skin going crazy as she comes off of it.
WORKED STRAIGHT AWAY!
Reviewed on April 9, 2017

So I'm 20 and I decided to begin Yasmin for my moderate acne a month ago. I am just starting pack two tomorrow. My skin has never been so good EVER. Honestly from day one it worked for me with absolutely so initial break out (well so far anyway!) I have got the odd spot here and there but they are very easy to deal with that I don't complain at all! This is completely worth it! I must admit I did get a few headaches at the beginning maybe first two to three weeks but other than that it's been fantastic! Definitely worth a try if your struggling like I have for the past 5 years! I've tried EVERYTHING, topical treatments, anti biotics (which worked for a year then acne came back), dianette was no good for me but Yasmin by far has been clearing my acne remarkably!

by Courtneymar97 on 04/18/2017 22:23
UPDATE!! So I'm into my second pack and on week 6. I did have a small flare up of maybe 3 or 4 spots, not big ones though in the past week, but I am hoping this is just part of an initial breakout! I'll keep updating guys!
by Courtneymar97 on 06/14/2017 00:46
UPDATE 2 - I'm now finished pack 4! Skin is very clear! I think now I would call my skin "normal". I still get maybe I spot or two within a month but just a small one along the jawline or maybe close to my hairline on my forehead but literally gone within two days! I am very happy with my results so far and I hope that it continues to clear even more!! My hyperpigmentation is also fading too a lot!! Especially on my cheeks where I used to break out and since taking yasmin I have never ever got a spot there since! Couldn't be happier!
Research first!
Reviewed on October 27, 2016

I had acne when I was a teenager and it didn't improve with time. I tried antibiotics, creams, gels... Nothing seemed to work.A dermatologist told me to try the pill, and in my desperation to clear my skin, I did. Worst mistake ever. I took yasmin and the skin improved, cleared, but I stopped after 3 months and the acne came back MUCH worse! It was so bad it affected me psychologically, I was in uni at the time and I really struggled to leave home and go to class. I hated my face. It was even swollen by the amount of spots! Then I took roaccutane. It's a really strong treatment, it can affect you organs and made me depressed, my skin was dramatically dry, I got my first wrinkles (yay!), my lips were so dry that something they would cut when I smiled. Even so, it worked, my skin was much better at the end, clear. I was left with lots of scars but no marks. After stoping the treatment, a bit of acne came back. Not as bad as before, but it did. The doctor told me that my acne was hormonal so it could only be controlled with the pill. I started taking Dretinelle (basically same as yasmin, which I didn't know). I've been on it for years, and I'm now going off it. I'm stopping today. I'm gonna take some food suplements and look after my diet really well, and go back to topical creams. My skin might not be great but the pill isn't worth it. Plus it stopped working for my skin. The pill has so many risks, ended up giving me palpitations and arrhythmia, and very strong headaches. My sex drive is gone. And something that not many people know, is that even though Yasmin helps clear the skin while taking it, it has an ingredient that makes your skin go wild once you stop. Google it. But honestly, don't take it.

Yasmin
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

About to start my break week of Month 3 (so 7 days until month 4), and my skin is still not clear. The first month my skin was really smooth (am also taking Tetralysal and started that a month before Yasmin), month two my skin became extremely bumpy with skin coloured bumps, and now my skin is a little less bumpy but I'm starting to get quite a few whiteheads and getting a lot more spots than in the first month and my skin is still quite oily. Fingers crossed things improve in month 4....

Anyone else have a similar experience?

by sansettokirei on 10/09/2016 13:56
I have the same experience. I'm on my 2nd month and have gained almost 5kg. Acne got worse than first month :(
its good
Reviewed on May 7, 2016

"I've been on Yasmin for 3 years, and I have absolutely loved it. 3 day light periods, significantly cleared up my acne, lost weight, my breasts looked great! , no mood swings. no any side effects!

Doesn't work in the long run
Reviewed on May 1, 2016

I started taking these pills and switched over brands, all with Drospirenone for about 8 years (Jasmin, Jasminiq, Femelle and Yaxibelle). It was only for birth control, I got some black or whiteheads from time to time but nothing serious.

After I stopped taking them I had an adult acne, awful and painful, product of the prolonged use of this type of pills (my gyn told me so). I would say that as long as you take them your skin and hair would look great, it's an amazing contraceptive but after you stop taking the pill all hell can break loose... Now I've tried many natural remedies (vitamins, masks, etc), and finally decided to try another contraceptives with another component diferent than Drospirenone, so I don't have the same reaction when I want to be off the pill.

Obviously, it depends on each person, but it quite a common issue with drospirenone, so if you're taking this and want to check, talk to your doctor.

If you have any questions send me a message, I'm starting the log for the new pills....

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org