Walgreens Nature's Finest Alpha Hydroxy Lotion Reviews

Brand: Walgreens

Walgreens Nature's Finest Alpha Hydroxy Lotion

Check Ingredients!

I thought it was good, too. However, do we "really" know what is inside it? Usually, more than half of the words that we cannot even pronounce it. However, I research a plenty of these ingredients and guess what... In Europe, they have banned anything that has gasoline called, "PROPYLENE GLYCOL." There is even alcohol that has this inside, for instance, Fireball. Now look or search in the back of this label and we will see is in the list of number TWO! This why my skin would get red spots after using this. I research everything I put onto my skin and inside my body because it affects me for the rest of my life. I know you would say it's probably annoying to research all of them or you do not have any time, but you will get the hang of it of knowing these ingredients (trust me knowing more is better). Knowledge is power. In addition to well-known brands, we are brainwashed to think that are good and have the "top-quality" everything (wrong!). The ingredients will tell you the truth if it has high-quality on demand to your fingertips. P.S. If you are on this page called, acne.org don't you want to be more cautious what you put ONTO your skin or inside your body causing these problems? Because at the end you want to cure it. I hope this is good information to all of you, enjoy!

User28575

They now sell it under a different name!

This is both me and my mom's favorite cream. The PH balance is perfect for acne prone skin. It helps your skin remain soft under treatment with BP, and also reduces scars overtime. I just wanted to let everyone know that Walgreens no longer sells it under this label but instead sells it under their "Studio 35 Beauty - Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream" label (which is a walgreens brand). I use this AHA cream in 2 different ways. Option 1 AHA cream at night Dan's BP gel in the morning Option 2 Layer AHA cream first (AHA helps other products penetrate through the skin) and BP cream ontop - wear it over night and wash it off in the morning before putting your favorite moisturizer (SPF preferred - you need SPF when using AHA) and makeup. Be careful when using Option 2 because the combination of AHA and BP cream can burn your skin. BP dries out the skin, but the AHA cream helps it remain supple. If I only use BP, my skin will break out under the dried skin, so I use AHA cream to help it remain soft and gently exfoliate in the morning. Use Option 2 every other night if the treatment is too rough.

Guest A. B.
Guest A. B.

Large amount Cheap Spreads well and dries fast Literally every time I try to use this product I break out If I use for several days, skin starts flaking and peeling, makeup becomes impossible to apply even if I only use this cream at night I seriously don't get what all the rants and raves are about. This product's 4th ingredient is a level 4 on the comedogenicity scale, and its 9th is a 5, according to CosDNA. Don't waste your money, people, it may be cheap but your face will pay for it.

Guest Wendy
Guest Wendy

My skin is fabulous since using the cream. I have been using it for about four years.. Stay out of sun when using product. I have tried many AHA creams and didn't get good results but when I found Walgreens AHA I was so happy!!!! Its still a good face cream for the money and beats any other expensive creams that don't even work!!! All my friends and work associates comment about my skin.. Thank You Walgreens!! P.S. I use rosewater as a toner at night before I apply the cream..

Guest geri
Guest geri

it works on acne & age spots ... I have the jar cream... No longer carried in stores... can't get it outside US. I have some extra jars of the Alpha Hydroxy Cream in Jar... I FOUND in a store and bought the Store OUT.. I have shipped to friends all over world.. if you need it.. contact me at justme147433@[link removed]... and maybe we can work something out

Guest tina
Guest tina

ok stings too pricey

Guest Christine
Guest Christine

It makes my face softer and I notice a difference in that there are less fine lines on my face. Now why did they stop selling this in the stores? Maybe the dollar stores have it. A little tingling and best used at night. Bring this back into your stores!

Guest TRISH HUNT
Guest TRISH HUNT

I'm 75 & started using alpha hydroxy 12% cream from the beginning & noticed that alot of the fine lines disappeared and softened the deeper ones...it works better than the ones out there now....i miss not being able to buy it in the drug stores.& often wondered why...i didn't have any side effects, just looking better...would love to see this back at the stores..Trish none whats so ever!! I DON'T HAVE ACNE.... JUST LINES

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

As a SBA for Walgreens I have had a opportunity to try a number of products - This one has been my favorite for effectivenes. Most customers guess my age at least 15 yrs younger than actual. This not only makes me feel good but sells a product that I really believe in. Thanks Walgreens! slight tingling on first use There are a lot of products that help with skin care and everyone should use one that best suits thier needs. Along with cleansing, toning and moisturizing this one is a very good addition to overall care with great results.

Guest Ali
Guest Ali

Absorbs quickly, doesn't sting, clears up skin I've been using this instead of BP since July, and have been very pleased with the results! I've had very few pimples since I began using it, and when I do get one it's not nearly as big or painful as the ones I had been getting. I think regular use of this product helps to prevent future breakouts well. Plus, it's really cheap for the amount you get!

Guest tara
Guest tara

this product has transformed my skin product is no longer active i want it to come back to store shelves

Guest Alita
Guest Alita

light, absorbs quickly, really affordable doesn't moisturize enough I tried this a few nights but it doesn't moisturize enough. I use dan's bp and this is just too light to keep my combo skin moisturized. I now use dan's AHA instead and it works great!

Comments

Opens clogged pores and releases eventual breakouts before they happen! Eliminates reason to squeeze blackheads. Price is so reasonable! No fuss/expensive packaging! I agree it's smelly, but a pleasant scented moisterizer put on after it's dried takes care of that. Have used it for nearly 20 years and honestly couldn't get by without it. Gently sloughs off surface skin so pores can release oils. Leaves you with fresh smooth complexion. Have used it on arms & hands for age spots too. Best value around!!!

Guest anne
Guest anne

works fast, does not over dry, works great with oily skin, does not clog pores I am so happy I came across this product. I am 25 years old and I have moderate acne. I have tried many expensive prescription treatments and this is the only thing that has helped my skin. About two months ago I started on the acne.org regimen and it really helped- I would say 90% clear. I then saw that he suggested to try alpha hydroxy cream to use with the regiment. This cream was cheap so I decided to give it a shot and I am hooked! The next day I noticed my pores smaller and no blackheads- my skin is also unbelievably soft, smooth, and bright. My regimen is mornings I wash with Cetaphil and then follow with alpha hydroxy lotion (now skip the BP). Evenings wash w/ Cetaphil, followed by benzoyl peroxide, and then follow with alpha hydroxy. This is also great for controlling body acne on your chest or back. I'm really amazed at how much better my skin looks!

Guest Xavier
Guest Xavier

Doesn't dry your face, makes skin soft, seems to make skin smoother, reduces black heads, clears acne and prevents it, fades dark marks slowly but noticeably. makes my nose and forehead shiny I have oily skin. I have been using the Walgreens alpha hydroxy face cream for about 3-4 days. I'd been struggling with this huge breakout on my forehead for 2 months, It started with five pimples and increased to like 8 in one day, then it spread to the side of my face. I started using the AH and my skin is clearing up. Just to be specific, I wash my face in the morning with St.Ives Apricot scrub for blackheads and blemishes and Then I use the AH as a Moisturizer, it works so good...no dry or burning feeling at all. At night I wash my face with St Ives Apricot scrub Alpha Hydroxy renew and firm wash, this is also amazing. Then I pop open some vitamin E pills and rub the oil on my face as a moisturizer before bed. I'm happy to say that now My face is pimple and bump free for the first time in a long time. Im just waiting for the blemishes to completely disappear.

Guest jo
Guest jo

I love it for wrinkle control. It smooths the skin and appears to remove wrinkles. first day or two redness... after that, no problem I am 70 years old and since I have been using this product, people always tell me how young I look. Before most people thought I was quite a bit older than I am. I bought enough to last me for a long long time.... but, I only could get the cream. I loved the lotion even better. Please bring it back or tell me how I can get it. I've been using the lotion (and the cream) for 2 or 3 years now.

Comments

amazing results - affordable a little smelly - open container i get hyperpigmentation from acne and bought this in a feeble attempt to fix the issue. product is amazing! cleared up my face in 3 days! works wonders on big underskin pimples that refuse to clear up (takes half the time for them to disappear)...does cause some redness and stinging on application but its only temporary --- worth it to me! - minimizes pores and cleared out blackheads...i was nervous to use because its a "cream" and my skin usually breaks out from thick creams but it is not greasy and dries quick

Guest Terri M
Guest Terri M

Best cream I've ever used. Used it for the past 10 years None Walgreen's in Clifton Hts, please re-stock thisj product.

Guest Kathleen
Guest Kathleen

Easy to use. Light consistency. Works quickly - you will see immediate results. Works well on Black skin types that are prone to discoloration, hyper pigmentation, & scarring. Also excellent on skin discoloration due to cancer radiation treatments Hard to fine - only sold at one Walgreen location in Kansas City Missouri. I can not say enough good things about this product. I use it daily as a moisturizer for my face, elbows, knees, feet, legs etc. I hope and pray that this cream has not been discontinued.

Guest cathy
Guest cathy

I have solar keratosis and have been battling this for several years. This has cured most of it in two weeks. My 50 year old skin looks 15 years younger. The price! Wow! I do worry about the sanitary aspect because it will last forever. I've barely made a dent. Fantastic

Guest Andie
Guest Andie

It works! I use it daily at night time. I do my nightly washing and scrub and then put it on! It reduces my bigger zits one to two days, smaller ones in about a day. A little goes a long way. I have had the same bottle for the last couple of months. It stings a little on opened zits but it helps reduce them quicker. [pain is gain. (ha!)Also, I had to go to two stores until I found it, its not discountined its on the website even.....Packaging isn't the best either. Get it. It works!

Guest ST
Guest ST

Works well as a night time moisturizer. Not too heavy for my 30+ acne prone skin. Noticed a great improvement of my skin. Would not used for daytime usage since it has AHA. Has been discontinued at Walgreens but if you find it in your local store, purchase it since no more stock is available. The NeoStrata Company manufactured this item for Walgreens. This product is the same as NeoStrata's AHA Skin Smoothing Cream-8 which retail for $19.80 unfortunately that product has been discontinued as well. According to NeoStrata's website, NeoStrata Face Cream Plus - AHA 15 ($29) is a very similar product and can be used in place of AHA Skin Smoothing Cream-8. [link removed]

Guest Denise
Guest Denise

Makes skin smoother, helps clear up pimples and red spots. Helps prevent ingrown eyebrow hairs! A little stinky. Jar packaging is not a sanitary way to keep face cream. I can see results from this stuff within about 4 days of consistent use. I use it nightly after washing with Purpose, but I'll admit I need to be more disciplined. Use sunscreen with it. Amazing product. Sad to hear that it's so hard to find.

Guest cayesmom
Guest cayesmom

Love this product! I bought a container a few years ago and I just ran out! I use it every day. It is incredible, especially when I get a cold sore...within days its gone! Cant find it anywhere!!!! Please bring the Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy face cream...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dawn
Guest dawn

I love this product I use the cream on my face and the lotion on my body. I cant believe they discontinued the lotion. I have emailed walgreens begging them to bring it back. please do the same, maybe they will bring it back. Go [link removed] They need to bring back the lotion they wont bring it back if you dont ask, right?

Popular All-over treatments