Walgreens Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide Gel Reviews

Brand: Walgreens

Walgreens Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide Gel

Dried out my face and left a rash.

I suggest using this ONLY on the blemishes/ acne spots. It will hecka dry out your skin. I used it and I guess I spread too much and it's dashing out my chin area. I like the product. It works well with acne but I now have dryness :( use a good moisturizer after I beg of you.

Comments

This is like a wonder gel for acne

This is a very cheap and easy way to quickly get rid of acne blemishes. I use it whenever I need a relatively quick fix, and this was just the thing. The only downside, is that it tends to dry out your face, so you should always use a good moisturizer afterward--

This is the best acne product out there!

Amazing Works every time Works on everything May dry out face so moisturize before going out Use at night-may sting if sweat (gym class) with it on I have used this product for a year and have had nothing but good results. My girlfriend who also suffered from severe break outs noticed how clear my face was and I recommended it to her and now she even keeps a tube in her purse! This stuff is the "bees knees" and I would have terrible cyst acne and huge white and black heads all over again if it weren't for this magical gel. If only the tube held more stuff because even on those stubborn pimples just put a big old glob of this on there and if it isn't gone by morning it is AT LEAST 75% less notice able. It will even clear up those nasty red spots or those not so visually pleasing scabs because lets be honest - we all pick an pop out acne. But it doesn't matter anymore because we have this. I love this stuff!!!

A good spot treatment

Very effective spot treatment Use caution when applying to sensitive skin and follow with moisturizer, or dryness will result I use this for spot treatment only. It's effective, but my skin is sensitive enough that daily application in the same spot can cause bad dryness in just a few days, which lingers even after the pimple has cleared. If you have sensitive skin, you should use this product sparingly, and ALWAYS follow it with a strong, reliable moisturizer. Never use it on already dry areas, over a large area, or as a preventative measure.

Comments

This really worked for me

Clears acne really fast and completely! Inexpensive Easy to use Does dry your skin, but it's easy to treat with moisturizers I've had moderate acne for a few months and was getting somewhat desperate. I'm 27 and never had acne before. My guess is that my acne has to do with some kind of hormonal imbalance. I tried other over-the-counter products before this but they didn't help at all. This cream worked immediately. It dried up this area of painful infected pimples on my forehead over night. I noticed a huge difference in just two days. I wasn't getting new pimples anymore and the old ones faded away. Right now my face is almost clear. This product is great and inexpensive ' give it a try.

Hit or miss

Dry's pimples overnight (sometimes) Cheap Pigment discoloration Leaves skin dry This product is kind of a hit or miss with me when it comes to treating spots. Sometimes dabbing a few areas with the cream will dry out the pimples, other times it will not. Overall, compared to other products like indian healing clay and tea tree oil, 10% benzoyl peroxide seems to be the best product for fast spot treatments. I do notice that the benzoyl peroxide seems to leave red marks where the pimple once was and tends to stay discolored for a while. Overall, if you are in desperate need to treat a blemish, this product will do fine.

Comments

doesnt dry out skin clears all kinds of acne FAST none This is AMAZING!!

Comments

dries oily skin, clears up acne fast a bit dry and can burn a bit if used too much but using oil free moisturizer prevents this (which should be used anyway with any bp) I LOVE THIS , I'm on a small budget and have just moved to the states and something here in the air or water or food, has made me breakout like crazy !!!!! It has been going on for about 4 months now and its terrible I have never had this much pimples in my life and passed the pimple period over 4 years ago ! I came across this website and saw the acne treatment and decided to give it a try, I do not have the budget to get the tiny neutrogena BP so I just got this one hoping it would do something, surly enough once I put it on my face I felt it working right away I'm only on my 3rd day and my face is freaking clear 0 pimples !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at first when I got them every time I got a pimple i would try and pop it and it never did anything it would just bleed and stay swollen and red and will eventually leave a scar, after I got this I decided I would not pop anymore pimples that come out, I just left it huge and swollen and put this stuff on and woke up in the morning and it was gone ! I really can't belive I have smooth beautiful pimple free skin in only 3 days !

Guest mee(:
Guest mee(:

works great only takes about 3 days to see resultss dries face. leaves face red if too much is used in one spot ive used this for like a year now. and its worked great :) just dont prevent acne :/

Comments

It really seems to be working, i've been using it for about a week now... And is also cheap Leaves your skin very dry, but you can solve that using a moisturizer. I really like, i hope to see even better results in the weeks to come!

Comments

Clears acne, prevents acne, cheap, does not take too long to see results after skin adjusts If you consider dry skin to be a con (I actually like it since I usually have pretty oily skin), may not be super effective on blackheads, high strength may prolong red marks I've been using the product for a while, and it's really helped my active acne. Continuous use is vital to maintaining clear skin. However, I would recommend using this high of a concentration on body parts other than your face, since I've found that it can increase the life expectancy of the red marks. If you want to use BP on your face, use 2.5% or maybe 5%, depending on how sensitive your skin is.

Guest andrew
Guest andrew

cheap descent works great dries skin affordable great

Popular Over-the-counter treatments